test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Preview- Call to Arms Gate Crashers

Comments

• airy0skytesairy0skytes Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    so after grinding with 3 different toons and currently coming in just under 3k badges after buying transmutes still no intellect devourer ... I really can't wait for this event to end, if this is how future content will be reflected I won't bother
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Prices skyrocketing now. Good job devs. <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> people over yet again.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sixty five runs as of last night and no companions , the two CTA before this was over 100 runs on each and no companion , I'm spamming it again today and if I get no drop I'm not going to bother with future CTA's unless a bound companion is in the store , drop rate too low and all that happens after running an event up to and over 100 times and not being able to get the companion myself either as a drop or by using medallions it just leaves me annoyed at the game and that isn't really a good way to come away from an event feeling.....
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Spent all night and nothing. So tired I'm feeling ill and it was all a big waste of time. How would you devs like to grind the most boring skirmish half the day and all night long and not be rewarded for it?
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    First CTA ever where I don't get the companion as a drop - ended up buying it for 200K+, just to have it in my collection. Probably just bad luck, I guess.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    got mine on the 46th run. oddly enough like a lot of other people i ended up getting the curio on the next run. seems weird on how many people this has happened too.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    74 run and STILL nothing..... really is VERY VERY poor to do so much and for Nothing

RNG is a joke plain and simple

Cant get why the DEVS dont just give in and give BOA pets for 750 meds etc

P.S 1400 meds and counting
  • alexnwnalexnwn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    80 runs and no companion. Past CTA I did 100 and no companion as well. Please disclose what is the % chance of getting it... I need to understand if I'm really unlucky or if this is really a waste of time.

In fact, disclosing %s of chance is a real huge opportunity in the game. With my 3-4k medallions of battle, I got dozens of the refiner's cache that should give a chance for a Greater nark of potency, mark of potency and a few more items. Guess what? I got lesser mark of potency 17 times, plus a few peridots. If the chances are disproportional, THIS WAS NOT INFORMED in the item's descripton when I purchased it.
    edited July 2014
    Meh just under 80 runs and no companion , the last 2 CTA before that over 100 runs in each and no companion , events are supposed to leave you feeling excited , this just leaves you feeling deflated and let down , next time panderus posts patch notes I'll ask if he can ask the developers to add a bound version of the CTA companion or mount to future CTA store from module 4 onwards .
  • fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Meh just under 80 runs and no companion , the last 2 CTA before that over 100 runs in each and no companion , events are supposed to leave you feeling excited , this just leaves you feeling deflated and let down

Yeah I stopped grinding the CTAs and maybe do them just once or twice now. I agree that it supposed to be about fun, but it becomes very unfun after a few attempts.
  • anothervisitoranothervisitor Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is this the new strategy to 'commit' players to an event, by dangling a carrot in front of our eyes that is harder to get than to find a nun in a brothel? The drop chance on that pet must be something like 0.5 - 1% !

I heard a lot of people complaining and being frustrated doing GC over and over and never getting it. Shape up, or you will start to lose players on such frustrating practices.
    Tyr shall give me strength!
    For the glory of Tempus!
    I am the hands of Shar!
    Flames of Kossuth, protect me!
    Oghma, grant me knowledge!
    Lolth commands, and I obey!
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I do somewhat agree,this game is becoming all RNG,which is fine but the need to make a definite way to get it,like they did with protectors speech and Respen's game or make it so you have a higher chance everytime you do it cause eventually people will start to get angry and just leave.
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    CTAS need fixed once and for all

In total i did 81 runs and didn't get ONE single Pet, previous 2 CTA'S didn't give me any either

1: CTAS need to added to another server as there main server CLEARLY cannot handle the events and by this I Mean Rubber banding / Animation Issues

2: BTA BOA pets need to be added for 500-750 meds as alot of people don't want them we just want to get them to finish achievements etc etc and paying 250-350k for this is robbery nothing more.

This may be a F2P game but common at least get some decent standards set,
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've enjoyed past CTA's, but I think they've dropped the ball with this one and any following it if they continue with the fail that is RNG.

Putting the companion in the store to buy with tokens earned would have earned them much kudos, as it is, even I've grown sick of trying to get it. So many runs, so much fail... :(
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I also agree pets should be for sale as well for say 1000 medallions and bind to account
    repeating the same mission 10000 times over 4 days quth horribly lag and disconnects has slowly been making me and several people i know reluctant to play all pwe games not just NW.

champions online and STO were done well enough it actually
    convinced me to buy the NW hero of the north pack. and early
    nw was making me even look at perfect world and jade ...
    and the mobile phone card game also elemental kingdom

so im a pwe/cryptic fan girl i also spend a lot of real money on
    these games im lifetime for champ and i buy all the costumes
    that being said. the increased focus on BOP and grinding
    the poor performance reduced playercount in rp areas due
    to instance caps and the exchange stuck at 500
    makes me wary of trying any new PW/cryptic games

if I feel this way how must new players who think this is how
    ALL the cryptic games are this is not just hurting the NW subscrptions
    this will also keep ppl from trying your other games. which are very cool.

I have hopes that is is just a lul and not a permanant spiral.
    I look forwards to august expantion. should be great for ppl
    upset you cant play kick the puppy evil.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It should definitely be very possible to get the companion after enough runs rather than having to be lucky to actually get it. It should be worth out time to actually do. Having said that, I barely bothered with this event, for one I didn't appreciate all of the waiting between waves.
  • hiukulimushiukulimus Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 117
    edited July 2014
    last night there was a guy who made a topic about some "exploit/ hackers" able to modify/loot any final chest of CTA.
    Topic was removed after 20 minutes. Dunno if its true, but i have some doubts about not dropping that stupid pet (or even curio).
    its not fault of RNG...

bound when picked up, should be a ncie idea. Put that pet in the store to exchange for mark of the cta event.
    1k , 2k, 10k marks, but at least we are sure that after some farming we can get it...

I totally agree with boredom rising during the waves of the event... for a totaly for at least 14 minutes of duration of my fastest cta... really? and breaks between waves even of 1 minute?
  • ordensmarschallordensmarschall Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 1,060 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    While the breaks between waves were a bit long, I didn't overly mind them. The relaxed pace made it more enjoyable than the speed runs that Master of the Hunt and the Dread Ring are.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    Yeah I'm totally done with grinding CTA's in future unless they add a BoP version of the companion or mount to the CTA store that can be bought using medallions , at least that way even if you have lousy luck with the rng you know you are working your way towards a guaranteed companion , as it is now the % chance of getting a companion seems to be insanely low and just ruins the event ,instead of being left feeling like you enjoyed the event you are left feeling let down and annoyed instead .
  • daynay63daynay63 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    CTAS need fixed once and for all

In total i did 81 runs and didn't get ONE single Pet, previous 2 CTA'S didn't give me any either

1: CTAS need to added to another server as there main server CLEARLY cannot handle the events and by this I Mean Rubber banding / Animation Issues

2: BTA BOA pets need to be added for 500-750 meds as alot of people don't want them we just want to get them to finish achievements etc etc and paying 250-350k for this is robbery nothing more.

This may be a F2P game but common at least get some decent standards set,

I did that run over 300 times and got no pet so I agree for a new player it is very frustrating lol I had over 2k battle tokens or whatever they are called.
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I've flat out given up on CtA's completely, unless there is something in the Medallion Store worth getting. Otherwise I just buy whatever I want off the A.H., like I did this time with the Dyes (which were actually really cool looking).

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • d4rthd00fusd4rthd00fus Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Its sad that these complaints and suggestions continue to fall on deaf ears. I thought the original CTA idea was a good one, but the despicably low drop rate of anything worthwhile has seemed to spoil the fun for most and lead to nothing but frustration. It's like PWE has said our time is not worth anything to them and we should simply enjoy the pleasure of running a 10-15 minute quest over and over and over with nothing but recycled weapons skins and stacks of dyes as a reward. Dangling extremely rare drops in front of us does not add to the excitement when we start feeling we really have no chance at these rewards. The very positive response to the variants that have these rewards available via the shop shows that folks don't mind working for something, if that something can be guaranteed. I mean seriously would you get up for work every day if all you got was a "chance" at a salary come payday?

I add my voice to the chorus praising the idea but condemning it's current execution.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The waiting time between waves made this CTA incredibly dull to suffer through. If I have time to pull out my throne, or do a seductive dance between waves, the skirmish is poorly designed. (Not limited to the CTA of course, Gate Crashers sucks regardless of when it's done.)

The drop rate being poor and reskinned lame transmutes didn't help either.

I ended up in the end giving up and buying the companion off the AH, overpriced as it is, because I wanted the companion. Fortunately I found a 'cheap' one, but still. It's annoying.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did about 25 runs over different characters, plenty of dyes stockpiled, but no pet, guessing the rng was probably between 1 and 3%.

Makes sense as an AD dump though, the pets were going at about 200k a pop last time I looked, probably higher now. Suck some of the AD out of the system. Pity, would have liked the pet for my CW, still, losing 5% combat advantage if I ever bothered to purple it up is no biggie.

But yeah, putting the pet in the store would've been fairer to those willing to grind what was imo, the worst CTA so far. Massive waits, and enemies so weak I could have soloed the whole event, hell, according to the paingiver on some runs, I pretty much did anyway, and if I could do that on my r7 bargain basement mage, then some of the bigger hitters could have done it with their eyes closed.

Do better plz cryptic, I like CTAs usually. The anniversary one was fantastic, so we know you can pull out the win when you want to.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • serpinecohserpinecoh Member Posts: 552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sierrak85 wrote: »
    When my party got in, there was a player sitting in a throne on the top of one of the pillars. I didn't see their name. No mobs spawned, and a few seconds later I had a window pop up that looked like a normal quest window - But it said something to the effect of (forgive me, I was trying to get out of this as fast as possible) "Farm gold, items, enchants for (something)" and then at the bottom it had an accept/decline dialogue. I declined twice and was then removed from the instance, and the game gave me the quest complete dialogue (but it didn't count towards the daily skirmish, so IDEK).
    Something very similar happened to my wife at least once. I had a couple of times that I was kicked with it saying the quest was complete seconds after the mission started as well. I almost am starting to wonder if some people may know how to bug out the instance in a way to cycle through chest rewards very fast, then some sort of normalization code is kicking in that restricts the number of pet drops over time and prevents legitimate drops from happening since they've already been acquired by those people.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Farmed 2k MoBs without getting a companion and gave up :P I didn't like this dull CTA. They should add the companion to that rough looking vendor...
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Good to know I'm not the only one the RNG hates :D
    I aim to misbehave
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    74 run and STILL nothing..... really is VERY VERY poor to do so much and for Nothing

RNG is a joke plain and simple

Cant get why the DEVS dont just give in and give BOA pets for 750 meds etc

P.S 1400 meds and counting

Personally I got my pet at 28th run. Gave up after 20 runs and did 34 runs in total, the ones after 20 runs to get few refiner's caches.

Anyways I didn't get the last CtA pet with over hundred runs, so I can feel peoples' frustration. I think that 1000 battle tokens would be good price for the pet and it should be (account) bound when bought, but still after that there should be 5% drop chance per run, so people would have reasonable prices to buy them if they don't have enough time to collect 1k tokens or start after the event playing.

Currently pet prices bouncing to over 450k immediately after the CtA has ended is quite ridiculous and tells that the drop rate is absolutely too low.

I noticed that during and after the Protector's Speech event there has been plenty of Leeches every run, meaning players who join the skirmish but won't do anything. Every time I was leading the party, I kicked them immediately I saw someone just stand around in a pillar or at the camp site. If you need to visit toilet or something, please do it between skirmishes and do not waste other people's time and if you join simply to do nothing like really many seem to do, just shame yourself. There is no such thing as free lunch and someone always must pay for it and I'm not going to pay for yours with my and others extended skirmish time. Also if you are the leader of the party and see a Leeches in the party, please kick them to discourage this behavior.

On the other end I joined once a run with two free slots (meaning kicks) at later stages of the run and even though I immediately rised to 4th damage dealer, I still got kicked out and I think I saw someone else be kicked just before me. This made me too wonder if there was some faster grinding style or was there just some greedy people who wanted to kick all better damage dealers for more tokens? Anyone else noticing similar behavior or knowing a reason for it?
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Also fewer pets on the market because this one was substantially longer to run.
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's gotten to the point where I basically only run the CTAs fr the dye packs and weapon transmutes, if I like them. Otherwise, if I get a pet - great, but I don't actually "try" for them like I used to. If the devs want people to really jump into these events with their full zeal, then they need to add the most desirable items to the medallion of battle store, (BtA of course).
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums