What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking for review trades for my new quest

grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Hi fellow authors and players

I recently finished a new quest:

A Hero's Quest NW-DE4RTZFEQ

It is a light-hearted foundry not to be taken too seriously. Its quite heavily narrated but a light read 30-40 mins estimated playtime. Combat should be moderate to challenging (scales up as you progress)

Brief description: You character is tired of being a simple adventurer and journeys to find a quest to become a real hero.

Any feedback is appreciated, please post your quest here too and ill get to it as soon as I can.

Thanks for playing! (if you do)
Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
Post edited by grimah on

Comments

• bjornkoerbjornkoer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'll trade you a review, I've just started trying to put stuff together for the foundry too.
    I'd be interested in any feedback you might have to make it better.

Here is my quest:
    A Game of Dragons
    NW-DU2C4OCJ9

I'll be loading into yours shortly.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi i just played your "A Game of Dragons" I gave it 5 stars but it needs some work.

First the good, i like the flow of the story, starts of interesting. Combat is enjoyable too. Dialogue is light and good where it is, nice use of one way patrols and npcs.

- music is lacking and where this is it seems like you got the triggers wrong
    - cave is far too big and very empty tighten it up.
    - add a wall to the cave teleporter at the beginning of the cave, set it disappear after a certain objective, i went in there first and ran around aimlessly.
    - some enemies are still named their default (the thayan group before you meet the dragon.
    - it ends very abruptly, perhaps heading back to down to speak to the mayor and resolve the "quest".

overall you have a good framework but needs a bit more, and a revision of the cave map.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • geoff873geoff873 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just played your quest. Enjoyed the map design and liked the way you used NPC designs to hint at the larger plot.

Was not a fan of the 'comedy' aspects or making the player carry the idiot ball for the whole adventure, they seemed to follow a consistent tone so they probably work okay for creating the mood you're looking for though.
    Campaign: The Deathlord Arisen - NWS-DS8SB9O2S
    Part 1: Death comes to Neverwinter - NW-DL8EPHRAT
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]