Comments

• Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    when? I gotta move some stuff
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Yep, probably much more to come in the future. Hopefully everyone will realize the value of BoA/BoP and it will not have any extremely severe negative effects on the community whatsoever, because that would be very bad.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    - Weapon/Armor Enhancements: Vorpal, Soulforged, Bilethorn, Barkshield. etc etc

- Enchantments: Rank 1 to 10.

Mark my words :rolleyes:

I called Weapon/armor enchants almost 10 hours ago xD
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?709461-my-predictions-based-on-community-mindset-as-a-whole&p=8428631&viewfull=1#post8428631
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nope. There's no need.

Neverwinter's AH economy has traditionally been supported by 4 pillars:

Rank 5 enchantment stacks
    Coalescent Wards
    Dragon Eggs
    Enchanted Keys

With BoA keys, Cryptic has now regained control (however temporarily) over all 4. The long term effect is:

Neverwinter is no longer free-to-play. It is now pay-to-win. There is no other way new players can realistically achieve parity with veterans.

<self-edited annoyingly self-evident rant> =D
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Neverwinter is no longer free-to-play. It is now pay-to-win. There is no other way new players can realistically achieve parity with veterans.

Is isn't quite true. It's still quite easy to make money via Leadership. I make around 1-2 million a week doing Leadership on 10-20 toons. Tedious? A bit. But it's still not impossible.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Is isn't quite true. It's still quite easy to make money via Leadership. I make around 1-2 million a week doing Leadership on 10-20 toons. Tedious? A bit. But it's still not impossible.

Don't give Cryptic ideas
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nope. There's no need.

Neverwinter's AH economy has traditionally been supported by 4 pillars:

Rank 5 enchantment stacks
    Coalescent Wards
    Dragon Eggs
    Enchanted Keys

With BoA keys, Cryptic has now regained control (however temporarily) over all 4. The long term effect is:

Honestly keys and c. wards from the cash shop being unbound hurt new players more at the moment than having them bound. With them unbound people who purchase zen were buying items then selling them on the ah for ad at above the 500:1 rate. This means that new players couldn't earn zen. The cash shop needs to be bound then other issues can be worked on. Until the entire cash shop binds to account on acquire you can't balance things.
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Inb4 this message comes:

"Due to the tremendous amount of AD Leadership gave: We will (2 options)

1) Limit the number of characters to have to two. The user needs to confirm his or her main accounts. The rest will be erased from the data

2) The level 20 task of leadership now only grants 400 Astral Diamonds (Down from 1600) and their crafting time has been increased to 20 hours, also slightly reduced the rate of Rare Task item pop-ups (Those also give 400 AD now).

All the best, Cryptic"
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    God I hope not. The good thing about enchants is that they retain their value even after you equip them. So if you change your build you can sell and buy replacements of a different type without a great loss of AD. Making them bound would effectively also bind you into a specific build, which is awful, especially when classes get nerfed/reworked on a fairly constant basis.

I changed out about half my enchants going from stormwarden to pathfinder a month or so ago, a hassle, but fairly painless economically, with bop or boa... Well, I'd have had to have questioned whether the whole game was worth the grind anymore, and that was before the recent price hike on all things magical.

I experimented with a few different weapon/armor enchants back in the early days too, buying, trying, selling, buying another type. Would have hated to have been stuck with them for good. Lol, that was when a soulforge was less than 180k.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Why are people so obsessed with being better than others? Most PvP people buy their way in, so they don't care. And the competition is non-existing in PvE.
    No competition and strife is an essential part of the human condition in all things. You can't avoid it in any part of life and that applies to all aspects of games as well.
    magenubbie wrote: »
    I don't see your reasoning. Spending money, which is your free choice, never has or will be an argument against or in favor of anything. We're all equals here.
    When it comes to a company we are not all equal. Bigger spenders are much more important, and honestly this is the way it always has been and always will be. Doing otherwise is not how you make a profit.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    2) The level 20 task of leadership now only grants 400 Astral Diamonds (Down from 1600) and their crafting time has been increased to 20 hours, also slightly reduced the rate of Rare Task item pop-ups (Those also give 400 AD now).

oh dude this will happen 100%.
    and my prediction:
    - ALL zen store items are now bound to account.
  • Options
    gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    - Weapon/Armor Enhancements: Vorpal, Soulforged, Bilethorn, Barkshield. etc etc

- Enchantments: Rank 1 to 10.

Mark my words :rolleyes:
    You are probably right. They need to stop making everything BoP or BoA.
    The supply dwindles, the prices rise , and the gold sellers sell off what inventory they had at an increased profit, then use the proceeds to start buying up the next big item or enchantment or ward that will be used as currency from that point on.
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Inb4 this message comes:

"Due to the tremendous amount of AD Leadership gave: We will (2 options)

1) Limit the number of characters to have to two. The user needs to confirm his or her main accounts. The rest will be erased from the data

All the best, Cryptic"

They already nerfed Leadership once ;)

The amount of time it takes to get to lvl 20 leadership is crazy...if they erased people's accomplishments, there would be hell to pay.
  • Options
    onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    kalindra wrote: »
    The word was 'new' players...
    ...You've probably invested millions of AD in you workforce and played a whole year to get that many toons to Lead 20...
    ...and invest hours each day to manage them.

"New" and "casual" players usually have few toon (many only one or two), not all have skilled leadership, at least not 15+, few have invested in any hight ranked workers, and they manage their toon professions once a day while they are logged on and play.
    Those will NEVER be able to close the gap to the prime league even with one char; indeed this gap will widen, because with that few ressources, they are unable to even keep up with all the changes made by Cryptic.

This. There is a certain activation energy to making lots of AD. Without this stockpile you can't succeed.
  • Options
    pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They already nerfed Leadership once ;)

The amount of time it takes to get to lvl 20 leadership is crazy...if they erased people's accomplishments, there would be hell to pay.

Aware me on previous leadership nerf?

I never paid attention to crafting until 4-5 months ago. (Been playing since this game came out).
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You don't understand the morives on the last 2 BoPs. If you did you would know that pres wards are likely next.
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Honestly keys and c. wards from the cash shop being unbound hurt new players more at the moment than having them bound. With them unbound people who purchase zen were buying items then selling them on the ah for ad at above the 500:1 rate. This means that new players couldn't earn zen. The cash shop needs to be bound then other issues can be worked on. Until the entire cash shop binds to account on acquire you can't balance things.
    No, they won't do this. That kind of bargain motivates the buyers to buy more zen with $ to sell for higher price on AH than on zen exchange.
  • Options
    yperkeimenosyperkeimenos Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    To be honest i don't think that will happen because enchants are not sold in the Zen store and the negative impact of such a move would far outweigh any gains the company might have had.What i think likely to happen at some point though is for all Zen Store items to become BoP and BoA.
    It's BUGS bunny i tell you.
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree with some of you that all Zen Store Items will be BtA. I was going to say some time ago that they would eventually bind the keys shortly after Cwards were bound but didn't feel like dealing with the backlash of saying that. Besides it didn't take a PhD to see that the binding of keys was on the way.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    fantasycharacterfantasycharacter Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 675 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Aware me on previous leadership nerf?

I never paid attention to crafting until 4-5 months ago. (Been playing since this game came out).

It was either open beta or just after release. The rough AD rewards used to be higher for some ( if not all ) the AD tasks, and they lowered them, by 1/2 in some cases.
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    It was either open beta or just after release. The rough AD rewards used to be higher for some ( if not all ) the AD tasks, and they lowered them, by 1/2 in some cases.

I did not recall a leadership nerf unless you mean in closed-beta
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    I kind of half-way remember something about it. Not enough for it to be familiar, but enough to feel like I've heard about it before.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    The most efficient Leadership Task, even at 'Max Level', was the Rank 3 Protect the Caravan. It originally had twice the payout, could be undertaken every 2 Hours, and with a topped off Speed Bonus, you were producing 600 AD/H once you had 3 Slots. In fact, you had a decent payout even with white assets.
    The Nerf had been done after 'Caturday'.
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014

It was just over a year ago they lowered payout on a couple of tasks and increased the duration of some others but keep in mind that only a tiny number of people would have capped leadership back then on just one character that's probably why they are low level tasks .

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?375892
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif