test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cut the CC out of pvp. This is getting stupid.

13»

Comments

• nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    boanergese wrote: »
    What they need to add to the game that would fix the issue with crowd control is resilience. It's not that most classes have a way to CC you, it's that you can easily be stun locked by two players and not be able to fight back. The way resilience would work is that once someone prones or roots or snares, etc. you the resilience meter would fill up. The second time you are CC within 15 seconds it would be full. Any addition CC within 15 seconds wouldn't work on you. You would still receive the damage from the encounter, but you wouldn't be knocked down or rooted. This would give you the ability to heal yourself, use your encounters, and get out of range. Currently in Mod 3 you can go from full health to death in 10 seconds if two players group up on you and CC you, even with tenacity and 40,000 health. I think the developers should also reconsider the protection that tenacity gives to players. Battles should be longer once you have a full set of PVP gear.

Resilience is an Idea that did NOT work and DOES not work in a certain game involving blasters, lightsabers and Jedi mind tricks. The concept was flawed from the beginning. For that matter, tenacity is also flawed. The very concept is designed to weaken classes that do CC's and DoT damage. So the introduction of tenacity is partly to blame for the continued poor performance of CW's and DC's in PvP.

cheers.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Considering campfires are places to rest it would be more like 15 encounters and one daily between trips to a campfire.

That could've made epic DV quite the dungeon when those campfires were broken. :o.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • nightstalkornightstalkor Member Posts: 154 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    I laughed so hard when i see someone protesting cw and asked for mandatory buff. Which CW cant kill a DC?? He must learn to play, unless he is facing the BIS monsters with 10k gs. I am a 14k gs ACDC with full r8, but then i lost to a 14k gs CW in less than 20 sec. I was played and juggled at least 5 secs for every rotation and i was given only a few seconds to heal back those damage done to me.

In fact, DC have no chance to win or stall a CW, he will die 100% and it is just time issue. If CW get major buffs, what will happen on DC? We have no cc-immune skill, always rooted or proned to death without a single chance to dodge or have to wait every 15 secs for a 2 sec immune shell. You get a buff?? Well we die faster.

Be grateful fellow CW, there is a class who suffer more than you in pvp, especially after tenacity patch. You guys can ignore a portion of cc-immunity from tenacity, but we cant bypass healing depression. You guys got a rework, we got a tooltip revision. Just my 2 cents.

Sigh. PLEASE READ ALL MY POSTS. This is about CW's (and DC's and GWF's) killing EVERYONE ELSE. Like those dastardly TR's, those overmuscled GWF's, and those hard-hitting HR's. You know, those classes which DOMINATE PvP and will ALWAYS do so until the DEVS quit favoring them and implement serious changes. Like the ones that I posted. Ones that would REALLY MAKE A CW A REAL CONTROLLER. Instead of just having the title.

cheerio