test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any active RPers ?

pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
edited August 2014 in The Moonstone Mask (PC)
Heya all !

So I'm recently about to give up on PVP (You all know what's wrong with it no need to go on details :P) and going back to RPing + Foundry. I don't do PVE because the repetitive dungeons aren't for me. I like trying out new stuff. I always rotate between PVP/RP/Foundry. But all I've been doing is PVP lately. I haven't roleplayed in an entire month nor played a single foundry!

So, I'm looking for 1 or multiple active partners who visit the moonstone from time to time (or even RP somewhere else). I also do Foundries and actually RP inside of them (acting the storyline, etc etc). Keep in mind that I'm not looking for a guild since I'm in one but just for other interesting RPers. My old partner is gone/inactive which is unfortunate :( which is why I made this post.

PS: My in-game handle isn't this one. If you're interested for a decent RPer PM me and I'll add you!
Post edited by pandora1x on

Comments

• vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There are actually a lot of active RPing guilds: Mythweavers, Jagged Blades, Tymora's street investigations, Storm-Shore and many others I don't know about xD . You may try ask in there, I am sure somebody will reply.
  • unsungchampionunsungchampion Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    There are actually a lot of active RPing guilds: Mythweavers, Jagged Blades, Tymora's street investigations, Storm-Shore and many others I don't know about xD . You may try ask in there, I am sure somebody will reply.

It's the Jagged Daggers, and we are a very active RPing group!
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's the Jagged Daggers, and we are a very active RPing group!

Woops, sorry xD Hard to keep all the guild names in mind especially when you like all RP/PvP/PvE aspects of the game :P
    edited June 2014
    All is forgiven. :D
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    . . . I don't "MMO-RP" per say (you know, hanging out in Moonstone "randomly ropleplayng by chatting"), but as a DM for 20 years on the same Forgotten Realms Campaign Setting (yeah, mostly the same players too), I am an oldschool roleplayer and I am almost always in character when in-game regardless of almost anything that I am doing. The exception is when I am grouping with or chatting with someone who isn't role-playing. Heck, even on RaidCall Teamspeak it's been pointed out on more than one occassion how I often "talk to my characters." :D

. . . Many of my characters are actual NPCs I have created over the past 20 years, 'Old Zeb' being the first NPC I had ever made. Two of my characters are modeled after two fo my own Player Characters in two of my friends' own campaign settings. I don't get into the whole "write/chat/rp in someplace for hours" roleplayig scene, that's for a different generation I think. I did enjoy the early internet days though of AOHell chat channel roleplaying though. :)
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    I am an oldschool roleplayer and I am almost always in character when in-game regardless of almost anything that I am doing

That's actually pretty nice :D I'm actually gonna start doing that except when talking in my guild chat or to close friends via PM.

I hope I cross paths with you in-game one day.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    That's actually pretty nice :D I'm actually gonna start doing that except when talking in my guild chat or to close friends via PM.

I hope I cross paths with you in-game one day.
    Yeah, I rarely stay in character when chatting via Guild, Zone, Legit Channel, or Whispers. I feel weird when I used to and I don't like to impose my roleplaying on anyone else. I respect when others I am with aren't roleplayers and will then only minimally stay in character. But if I'm out and about and some random person comes to me and says something to me in /say, I'll respond in character and be all like "what is this magic you speak of!?" or something funny in response to any real-life comments. I even sometimes send Curses down upon gold spammers - my favorite was when I wished a "Curse of Undead Split Ends" down upon one and they replied with a frowny face. :)
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I usually try to play along when people roleplay at me. I find it kind of endearing.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am interested in some RP events myself. Right now I'm grinding as hard as I can to max my character out as much as I possibly can, so I probably won't have much time for RP, but sitting in an inn and trading stories over a pint is always fun. Or grouping with people to do foundry who actually care about the story, that's fun too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I RP where I like, and when I like. Nobody said RP has to stay in Moonstone Mask, or foundry areas.

Ever try running a dungeon SLOWLY with a party so you can RP your way through, plan the next battle IC, and then experience the dungeon? You can do the same in a foundry quest.

How about RPing during the Lliira event? You and buddies get into a friendly competition on whom has the most fireworks, where you got them from, and discuss strategies for getting more.

I never liked this concept of "RP GOES HERE ONLY" people sometimes promote. RP is about telling a story, interacting with other charecters, and enhancing your experience in game with imagination.

GO..... spend two hours discussing the ugliness of I dunno.... your boots, and then get a NIFTY tip where to get better ones to which you RP during the whole time getting them.

(PSST, if you wanna RP at me during PvP I'll do my best to type a brief dying emote for you!)
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • emeraldfox12emeraldfox12 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Im hopeing to get into the rp scene soon here. I think ive made my charecter interesting enough for rp with his backstory. Just have to wait and see
  • sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Honestly just play what you want. I have found the whole "I need to be interesting" thing a complete trap. People try so hard to be more interesting then the next interesting person that we end up with half-elven vampires with werewolf powers who killed a god as revenge for their murdered parents.

For me personally, the most interesting people are the most normal ones. And my characters are far more likely to be able to relate to them.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »
    Honestly just play what you want. I have found the whole "I need to be interesting" thing a complete trap. People try so hard to be more interesting then the next interesting person that we end up with half-elven vampires with werewolf powers who killed a god as revenge for their murdered parents.

For me personally, the most interesting people are the most normal ones. And my characters are far more likely to be able to relate to them.

lol! spot on!

The amount of exaggeration I see is insane.
  • dreamhuntressxdreamhuntressx Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I usually try to play along when people roleplay at me. I find it kind of endearing.

Thats pretty much my behaviour ingame, but usually Im not in the mood or Im too 'scary' for ppl. Somehow. o.O
    Leanan Sidhe (not "The Dresde Files" fairy!) - NW Legit Channel Moderator
  • serowforsakenserowforsaken Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sockmunkey wrote: »

So much Yes.

On an unrelated note: Preview shard is testing race change tokens. So excited for it! Now, I just need to incorporate an idea for why my drow is now a halfling...
    60 Hunter Ranger
    The rest still up-and-coming!
    edited August 2014
    Apply to the Daggers, see if you like to join check out the site in my signature.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    Is RP mostly in Moonstone mask? Just curious (I used to be a hardcore RPer in NWN PWs), never could get into MMO RPing (too much immersion breakage, non-dynamic world).

I sure dont mind the chat around, but i always prefered the "action" type, not specifically fighting things but even just going on guard duty and making a journey to a location etc (protecting caravan). The way i see it, its an evolving story that drives things (like in books) rather than fighting.

Mind if anyone could share their kind of experiences with Roleplaying and what a usually day is like?

On a seperate note (sorry for shameless promotion), I originally designed my first foundry to be coop/group and RP friendly. (Though I had to scale the combat compared to the original goal), I've never had the opportunity to try RPing a group or even a duo in it, but if anyone needs a good immersive RP quest please give it a whirl, I'd love to know how it goes. (It's currently featured right now)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • vrtesseractvrtesseract Member Posts: 631 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    I see a lot of random people spend time in the mask when their guild is offline or awaiting a friend as well as the big rp guilds.
    a few of them have been mentioned I am in Jagged Daggers and The Ravens.
    but i've also seen rp in Mourners rest(Ebon Downs), Driftwood Tavern, Tower of alteration, and Trade of blades.

The trick is knowing what instance the rp is in. if your in a guild (or know a few heavy rpers) you can check the guild list or friendlist for instance # Otherwize trail and error sometimes works. or announcing your going to rp at <Place><Instance> on the NWRP or another global or guild channel.

----

*RP Wishlist for devs to make the rp in NW better and to add content without much work* (my own shameless hijack)
    1. It would be nice if more areas were single instance like the mask.
    2. if there was a larger variety of rp places. that didn't have monsters/npcs/quests and allowed more than 5 people.
    3. Id love to see the holiday areas open "off season" just lacking quests and NPCS
    4. there are also various maps only available for specific quests Arcs. It would be nice if you finish the arc if select exclusive notable locations were forever open as a rp zones specifically places with notable NPCs or Architecture not available to foundry.

(spell plague arc for example.) it would be nice to have access to toofer unn's(sp?) sewer/shop or the spell plagued castle. the big clockwork mission in graveyard, or the Cathedral in Helms hold, Iconic places in Whispering caverns or Chasm.as these could offer a very different style of "tavern" rp and give people more incentive to not "skip" these areas. (note Champions Online does do this they are marked as (Social) when you access door and have the quest as well.)

This would be a good way to make the world FEEL larger without adding more work. By biggest complaint with Neverwinter is I actually get a bit Claustrophobic when wandering around trying to find Rp in NW and im not actually claustrophobic in RL. It feels like that twilight zone where the world was overpopulated. good for making the game feel alive bad for lag and actually being able to focus on things like RP.

5. please add some basic emotes like "Sitchair", or "wait/impatient" You have them in STO and CO NPCs have them why do we have to look like we have to use the restroom every time we sit down? adding things like "readbook", "drink","Walllean", "yogasit" would also be good.
  • raptorskyfireraptorskyfire Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 120 Bounty Hunter
    edited August 2014
    Hello,

I tend to avoid these forums mostly, but I am pretty active in game. I'm a roleplayer and foundry maker. I RP wherever and whenever the moment strikes. My guild, Storm-Shore, also does the same, but like many guilds we are a varied bunch with people in and out of the Moonstone Mask and other places. We are a small, friendly guild though, with the core being online mostly earlier in the day. You can find us with our website being in my signature.

@grimah: I have used Haydenwick as an RP location on a few of my characters with friends and guildmates alike, it's great for that. ^^ Looking forward to playing out your next adventure.

Anyways, RP is still active and thriving, you can also try the NWRP channel and neverwinter-rp.com for finding guilds and people as well.
    Part of Storm-Shore, a RP/PvE guild. http://www.stormshore.com/

I have many alts, I am a class and race rainbow.
  • mischievousxspiritmischievousxspirit Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited August 2014
    5. please add some basic emotes like "Sitchair", or "wait/impatient" You have them in STO and CO NPCs have them why do we have to look like we have to use the restroom every time we sit down? adding things like "readbook", "drink","Walllean", "yogasit" would also be good.

I second this. We need more emotes. I would love to see sitchair even if it didn't line up perfectly and lean. I know these emotes are built into the code already for NPCs so it might not be a difficult thing to do. I personally would love a liedown- even if it was propped on and elbow on your side (something difficult to violate the ToS with, if you follow my reasoning) but something to demonstrate that you're tired of waiting or just plain comfortable or tired... Being stiff all the time is unpleasant for RP...

Maybe if we made enough noise about it? I'm sure tons of people in the community would love more emotes.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Go ahead and knock me down. I will never cease to rise again.