test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Seriously, Kicked from CTA for not using "right" powers?!?

Comments

• refracted0dawnrefracted0dawn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 894 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    boldorian wrote: »
    Ok, so kicking someone from a party is getting quite ridiculous.:mad:

During a CTA today, one of my Guild-Mates was kicked from a party, because they were using their standard power. One of the other party members objected to the use of "Repel" by their wizard, and "demanded" they stop using it!

And quite right, too! :mad:

Provided they were asked twice to stop doing it and ignored the Skirmish Party Leader, they absolutely have every right to kick a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> nuub who is wrecking the event.

Why?

1. they are Party Leader
    2. they are Party Leader
    3. Party Leader said stop doing it

Repel and Knockback very often blows the enemy OUT of danger, thereby wasting a very powerful attack that is focused on the ground beneath them, rather than targeting their body. The number of times some idiot has knocked the enemy OUT of my Daunting Light (which would certainly have almost killed them, as well as debuffing their Defence due to my Feats), only for a barely damaged enemy to run back and pound on the idiot who blew him out of danger, while I have to regain my Divinity and wait for Cool Down is obscene. Those idiots can turn the tide of a battle AGAINST their own team.

CW and GF are the worst for this, but GWF and DC can do it as well. My DCs do not, as they are not played by a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.

BUT, experienced players with at least HALF A BRAIN understand that:

1. these attacks do very little damage - while my personal best for a buffed, critical Daunting Light is 30,000 damage - that is from a DC!
    2. they are meant for EMERGENCY USE ONLY when you are deep in the brown and smelly.
    3. they are MOST useful if you blow the enemy off a cliff or mountain and kill them. You cannot do that in the Gate Crashers CTA.

Any other use is for Solo Play Only, or if you are in a really dire emergency during Party play, cornered by a mob against a wall or something. But with my Clerics, you won't ever need to do it unless you absolutely have no idea how to play, as you will get buffed and healed long before you would need to blow the enemy out of the way.

I kicked two people today and came here to moan about it, but saw this ready-made thread. I kicked them because they were constantly casting Portable Altars, which DO NOT HEAL, DO NOT BUFF and DO NOT PROTECT. But, they DO confuse the Battle Field and make it look like there are divine Astral Shields and Defender's Banners everywhere. So the ground LOOKS SAFE, but it absolutely IS NOT.

And when I asked them to stop doing it, explained why it is stupid, and asked them three more times to stop doing it, they did it all the more. Some nuubs do not know that a Skirmish Leader does not need a vote to kick an idiot off the team. I do not know why, but it only happens on that map.

I also kick people when they burn barrels when I am spam farming the Blacklake Terror Skirmish from level 5, as it takes longer and spawns more Zombies. I am after AD, not XP. I have cleared that map in under 2 minutes, so it IS possible to get 20k AD or more in an hour, three times a day with three level 5 AD Farmer characters. Idiots burning barrels can make it take 5 minutes. So we get fewer AD, and more XP, and become too high a level to farm the AD sooner than we should, and have to move on to Orc Assult. I even translated "DO NOT TOUCH BARRELS" into 12 languages and pasted it in multiple times at the start of every skirmish run, and some tossers still do it because they think it's funny.

Let's see them laugh when they get kicked just before they reach the chest.

I NEVER kick people because they are too low a level, or have a <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> gear score. That is being as much of a Tosser as Barrel Burners and Compulsive Knock-Backers.

~
    edited July 2014
    dfnce wrote: »
    Ice Strorm is great in some situations when a lot of mobs gathers in same place around DC or tank, not bad. Lets see much attitude will change in next module, people will start kick for "why you don't push mobs, i'm dead because of that", because singularity will be nerfed.

The best CWs use the powers that cluster mobs in one place, because then the DC can use a divinely chaneled Divine Glow and debuff them all while buffing party members within melee range (such as myself), then a Nimbussed Daunting Light, which debuffs them again and hits them ALL for 15 to 30k damage. GWFs can use some multiple target strike etc.

Then, the CW gets them all with a high damage AoE.

Doing something STUPID like dispersing those mobs with Repel, or divine Sunburst, or any Warrior Knockback means they DESERVE to get kicked. It just shows they have absolutely NO IDEA of strategy or tactics.

~
    edited July 2014
    abaddon523 wrote: »
    I play CW and there's not much more annoying than me using a Singularity to clump a bunch of enemies together (so they can be killed quickly and efficiently) only to have someone send them flying and scattering them all over the map while the Shard of Avalanche I had tossed at them sails harmlessly though the empty space they formerly occupied.

Oh, LOL! My DCs have exactly the same problem - the highest damage Nukes are ground focused, and these idiots blowing them back just wreck the event and do not deserve to be there at all. Let them form a group with four other idiots and spend two hours blowing things round the map.

~
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    The Barrel thing: I personally think that it isn't exactly intended to cap out unrefined AD in 1 hour of skirms in the first place, but that is a different issue.
    Another set of things grounds for a '2 strike kick':
    TRs who try to pull PvP perma rotations in PvE (you know those, chuck their 8 knives from stealth, and maintain B&S, ShadowStrike, and maybe fire an ItC, nothing else).
    HRs that spam Split Shot, and dodge into 10 other mob groups when running away.

Borderline:
    CWs using Shard. Yes, it is a heavy hitter, which is the only saving grace.
    You see a Sing, set up your AoEs, the mobs drop out of Sing again - and they fly all over the place thanks to Shard.
    Less of an issue right now, since at the moment, the CW is doing the scooping up, most the time. Still annoying.
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I kicked a cw yesterday for that excact reason, so might be your friend:) And yeah he ignored several tell/party tells from me and another player, so yeah i kicked him without a second thought and would happily do it Again:) Using repel/icestorm is soooo silly in a Group.
    edited July 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    The Barrel thing: I personally think that it isn't exactly intended to cap out unrefined AD in 1 hour of skirms in the first place, but that is a different issue.

It doesn't matter what the Devs intended - that is what happens. If you burn barrels, mobs of Zombies spawn. If you run past the tree, more mobs spawn. And as I stand by the barrels to nuke the mobs that will spawn anyway, these <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> often set fire to ME!

And, as I say, every Blacklake Terror, I paste this multiple times in SAY and PARTY channels as a wall of text, so there is NO EXCUSE.

Poles and Turks are not even the worst offenders. It is usually American Trolls or idiots demanding to know why over voice chat and threatening to burn one if I do not tell them. Insta-kick. If they get back in - Insta-Kick. I can kick them all day. No one trolls a skirmish and ruins it for everyone when I am Party Leader.

Do not touch barrels.
    Nie dotykaj baryłek.
    Varil dokunmayın.
    Nu atingeți de barili.
    Ne érintse hordó.
    Ez upel ukitzeko.
    No toque barriles.
    Non toccare barili.
    Ne touchez pas barils.
    Berühren Sie nicht Fässern.
    Heeft vaten niet aan.
    Moet nie raak vate.
    Rør ikke ved tønder.
    Ikke berør fat.
    Rör inte fat.
    Älä koske tynnyriä.

If I am Leader and I see you burn a barrel after that, I absolutely WILL kick you as soon as the Boss dies and the Chest glows blue.

You waste my time, I'll waste yours. You get NOTHING on my team when you deliberately feck it up for everyone else.

If you speak only a language not on the list, well, life is never fair.

But that would be unlikely.

~
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think the bottom line is that good players (no matter what their class) understand that different situations call for different powers - Solo PvE, PvP, Group DD trash/skirmish, DD Boss fights .... while bad/inexperienced players find one set of powers and use that all the time.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited July 2014
    You might add the line in 'Troll' to it: Herpenderp, wtf barrel, derp. :cool:

I don't give a **** about what people farm, as long as it is done manually and legitimately, so that's that.
    However, as I mentioned earlier, even 'acceptable' skills or behaviour can mess something up for people.
    I just hope that, with module 4, you won't have every single CW in a group throw the bowling meatball into perfectly grouped mobs, especially given the fact that it can't be fired from force-critted EotS as reliably anymore, and has gotten the axe, damage wise.
  • echokazulechokazul Member Posts: 149 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I was running a CTA with my CW last night, in a group with two GF's and two GWF's. Somebody, not sure who, was spamming either bull rush, or a GWF equivalent (don't play a GWF, not terribly familiar with their abilities). I'm a CW that likes my mobs in tight circles, so I use a lot of Sing and tabbed Entagling Force to group enemies together for nice AoE damage. Yet half the time, the enemies were up on top of the wall where the four other melee players couldn't get them. Serious. I was the only ranged player in the group, and one or two of these guys was making it difficult for themselves.

I got yelled at quite often for a bit to stop spamming repel, even though I wasn't using it, until another player, obviously a little more observant, backed up my story that it wasn't me. I did fight hard to keep most of the trash grouped together, but it's hard to set up the pins neatly if someone else keeps chucking bowling balls at them and scattering them. At then end, I ended up with almost double the dps and kills of anybody else, and it wasn't by extreme effort on my part. The poor melee folk were too busy chasing them across the room or trying to climb walls. I'm half wondering now if somebody(s) was trolling, but yeah, CW's aren't always the worst offenders.

Also, speaking from experience, it's just as annoying for good CW's to run with Repel-Happy CW's as well. I've run in a few groups like that, and it's no fun searching all over the room for that troll that got shoved into a corner just as you were taking aim at it or had just launched an attack. Remember, unless there are cliffs to drop critters off of, in groups, scattering enemies = bad, clumping them together = good.
    Kyba Fell- Tiefling GF (Main)
    RainFeather- Dragonborn DC
    Rune Fell- Drow CW
  • hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    echokazul wrote: »
    it's hard to set up the pins neatly if someone else keeps chucking bowling balls at them and scattering them.

Not to disagree Echo, I have a CW and use shard in the new CTA, I also have a GWF running the new CTA. I will say this, at least I can hear the meatball being dropped so there is a little warning, Ice storm or Repel there is no warning.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Honestly I didn't even know if it spawns more or less mobs. It's fire!

Huh? It DOES. Otherwise, I would not say so. And it is fire you don't need.

magenubbie wrote: »
    Maybe you should find something to farm that's more newbie friendly or closer to your own level?

Huh? You cannot go there at all after about level 15-ish.

I have 12 characters and they ALL went through there from level 5, until they had to do Orc Assault. Then, around level 25 or so, when they had an Artifact, a few companions and a mount, they became Leadership Mules, farming up to 100k AD per day between them, if they are lucky with the rare tasks.

My latest Main (I have three level 60s) has 40,000 AD he cannot refine after just refining 24k for the day. He is the only one that did ALL of the Main Quest, in order. And he has done none of his Dailies yet. Master of the Hunt is better to farm, for all the Barkshield enchants and those currency things. Dread Ring is pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, as I keep getting BoP gear I cannot even use.

My resurrected Healer has 30k AD she cannot refine. I resurrected her to go to Dread Ring and Sharandar, as it was not worth doing Delves for AD with my Main. Now, I will have to take my other level 60 there, as both characters have a massive backlog of AD. They have not even touched about 60% of the Main quest. My other nine characters are in the late 40s to mid 50s.

But I have two spare character slots, for a Warlock and hopefully a Druid. And after the Crown of Neverwinter, they will both do nothing but go through Blacklake Terror and Orc Assault, just like all the others, until they can do Professions. And then they will use my Grandmaster Alchemists to open the Rank 3 result slot and the 100% Speed Bonus slot, and also do nothing but Leadership as well as the Main Quest.

It's the only way to get decent gear (apart from PvP) and Enchants and refining your Artifacts without spending hundreds of pounds of real-world money. But the Zen/Diamond Exchange nerf and the fact you cannot buy stacks of Rank 5 Enchants for a few thousand AD any more has kind of kyboshed it. I will not have pig-ignorant nuubs kyboshing it even more.

Anyway, I was farming the CTA for the Cruel Enchants, as I have two Rank 7 and a Rank 6 from previous CTAs. But I am not sure if they are worth having unless you have two Rank 10, and that will take forever to refine. With two Rank 10s, you get a 330 stat boost on two stats, instead of 300 like the normal enchants.

And the medallions and the Refiner's Cache are massively more stingy than they used to be. I don't think I want to grind for 12 hours a day for four days, as the rewards are no longer there.

~
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    lolwat.

I'm sorry but any Repel/Ice Storm using CW deserves to be kicked. Period.

Put yourself in Melee character's skin for a second. People constantly knocking back stuff making you miss your swings... yeah no thanks.

this ....
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Same thing happens when my GF uses Front Line Surge.
    pandora1x wrote: »
    lolwat.

I'm sorry but any Repel/Ice Storm using CW deserves to be kicked. Period.

Put yourself in Melee character's skin for a second. People constantly knocking back stuff making you miss your swings... yeah no thanks.
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    boldorian wrote: »
    Ok, so kicking someone from a party is getting quite ridiculous.:mad:

During a CTA today, one of my Guild-Mates was kicked from a party, because they were using their standard power. One of the other party members objected to the use of "Repel" by their wizard, and "demanded" they stop using it! To me this is an abuse of the "Kick from Party" option by a party leader, as we all like to play our characters differently, not just conform to what one person feels is the right way to play. I know there have been many posts about players getting kicked from a dungeon, but from CTA, seriously?!?

Anyone else ran into this problem, or did we happen upon one of the bad seeds in the game?

And Yes, this player is now on our "Ignored" list, but that list is getting longer by the day. :rolleyes:

Good grief. Had you never grouped with this particular guildie before, that you could could point out this "how not to do group PvE 101" point? Someone spamming repel in PvE is a massive impediment to the group, which is far better off without them. It absolutely is justified to remove them- if, after a polite request to unslot it, they do not stop. The same goes for ice storm, or DCs who won't stop divine sunbursting.

I would far rather four-man a dungeon or skirmish, than have a repel spammer as the fifth.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If someone is not cooperating with the party, after being told so (yes, we all have the right to learn), he deserves to be kicked.

After all, if a party is working towards a common goal, and someone acts in a non-cooperative way and won't stop doing whatever he does, it's trolling to me.

You can still use a different power schema from the most efficient ones and no-one will complain (well, almost no one, a CW actually complained I was using AS+Icy Terrain rather than OF+SotE), but if you openly use powers that are detrimental to everyone's gameplay, scattering mobs around, and you get kicked, you shouldn't complain.
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Please do remember that until about level 20 or so, the CW only has access to four encounters total: Entangle, Chill Strike, Conduit of Ice, and Repel. That's it. And also four encounter slots. So before you go kicking the CW for using Repel, check the CW's level.
  • kaiserschmarrnkaiserschmarrn Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 390
    edited July 2014
    Get to know some people, join a guild and run the content with players who enjoy the game and like to have fun. Never look back at those terrible pug days again...
    edited July 2014
    And what happened to a little bit of patience?

Why is everything in this game about speed-running and rushing through everything?

SO WHAT if a CW uses Repel/Ice Storm, or a DC uses Divine Sunburst, or a GF uses Bull Rush one too many times. What, it slows you down by two minutes total? In an already slow skirmish? BIG DEAL! For heaven's sake, don't kick the person, just don't group with that person again.

Edit:
    This is just a symptom of a larger problem. I have seen players kicked for lighting barrels in the Blacklake Skirmish(!). What, having to kill 5 extra zombies that will slow you down by 2 whole seconds in an already really quick skirmish is now a kickable offense? I also hate it when players in a dungeon go running ahead of everyone else and start nuking mobs leaving everyone else running to catch up. (I'm sorry to say that these are usually the 17k CWs doing this.) Is it really worth it to finish a dungeon that much quicker but throw all sense of teamwork and cooperation out the window? And then people wonder why there is ninja looting and final boss kicking occurring in dungeons. If you aren't a team player and give others a reason to resent you, why shouldn't your "team" take it out on you when it comes to getting the sweet loot at the end? If you all want to speed run content with your team that's fine, but when you are pugging, don't just assume that everyone else is also interested in speedrunning it with you and then complain when they can't keep up, or they don't use the "optimal" encounters, or what have you. And if it so irritates you that you might just happen to come across a CW who uses Repel at the wrong time, then don't ever pug.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pointsman wrote: »

Why is everything in this game about speed-running and rushing through everything?

This is usually how I feel but on this I have to agree with the people who kick ( only after asking them to swap the offending skills out ofc) , it is so frustrating when you are trying to hit with a shard or sudden storm and then suddenly just as you cast the target fly's off to the other side of the map and safety , it's bad enough happening once or twice but for a full 10 minute plus CTA it is unbearable , especially considering I really want the pet without paying so I'm having to spam this hellishly long CTA.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • djoffer1djoffer1 Member Posts: 404 Arc User
    edited July 2014

SO WHAT if a CW uses Repel/Ice Storm, or a DC uses Divine Sunburst, or a GF uses Bull Rush one too many times. What, it slows you down by two minutes total? In an already slow skirmish? BIG DEAL! For heaven's sake, don't kick the person, just don't group with that person again.

Edit:
    This is just a symptom of a larger problem. I have seen players kicked for lighting barrels in the Blacklake Skirmish(!). What, having to kill 5 extra zombies that will slow you down by 2 whole seconds in an already really quick skirmish is now a kickable offense? I also hate it when players in a dungeon go running ahead of everyone else and start nuking mobs leaving everyone else running to catch up. (I'm sorry to say that these are usually the 17k CWs doing this.) Is it really worth it to finish a dungeon that much quicker but throw all sense of teamwork and cooperation out the window? And then people wonder why there is ninja looting and final boss kicking occurring in dungeons. If you aren't a team player and give others a reason to resent you, why shouldn't your "team" take it out on you when it comes to getting the sweet loot at the end? If you all want to speed run content with your team that's fine, but when you are pugging, don't just assume that everyone else is also interested in speedrunning it with you and then complain when they can't keep up, or they don't use the "optimal" encounters, or what have you. And if it so irritates you that you might just happen to come across a CW who uses Repel at the wrong time, then don't ever pug.

Cant speak on behalf on every1 ofcourse, but doing something sooo stupid as using repel, and then ignoring people telling u to stop it(in a polite way btw) makes it fair imo to kick the person. In a single skirmish it doesnt really matter that much, but during the CTA evens you are running the same damm skirmish easily 50-100 times, so yeah seing the same errors getting repeated time and time Again, kinds of gets under your skin... My hope is that the CW in question will rethink his strategy after being kicked a few times, so the NeXT 40 skirmish runs he does, doesnt get affected. If you just makes fun of him/put him on ignore, how is he ever gonna learn?
    edited July 2014
    djoffer1 wrote: »
    Cant speak on behalf on every1 ofcourse, but doing something sooo stupid as using repel, and then ignoring people telling u to stop it(in a polite way btw) makes it fair imo to kick the person. In a single skirmish it doesnt really matter that much, but during the CTA evens you are running the same damm skirmish easily 50-100 times, so yeah seing the same errors getting repeated time and time Again, kinds of gets under your skin... My hope is that the CW in question will rethink his strategy after being kicked a few times, so the NeXT 40 skirmish runs he does, doesnt get affected. If you just makes fun of him/put him on ignore, how is he ever gonna learn?

It's your decision to run this skirmish 100 times. Not the CW's. Don't take it out on the CW if you can't be bothered to find your own likeminded group of speedrunners and only do the skirmish with them. But if you're going to pug, expect to run into people who do things that you regard as "wrong". Did the CW use repel improperly? (or the DC using divine sunburst, or the GF using bull rush, or what have you) Perhaps. It was YOUR choice to subject yourself to grouping with these characters.
  • groarkgroark Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a CW but I never ever use Ice Storm nor Repel in party. It is plain stupid to use those spells in a party. In my opinion is totally correct to kick out a CW from a party if he doesnt listen and keeps throwing the mobs apart because doing so you are frustrating the rest of the party, especially the melee players. So if you dont want to listen, dont complain when you get kicked out of parties.
  • katbozejziemikatbozejziemi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 856 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    And they were 100% right.
  • tckbloodlinetckbloodline Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We all have our own opinions on how to play a 'Skirmish' or a dungeon. If people queue up they need to expect the outcomes of what's going to happen. Otherwise, the only recommendation is to just find your own 5-man party that has a microphone to communicate or a guild run. Queuing is something you are already willing to accept whats to come. I, too have a CW and in these situations prefer to have enemies bunched up together, and I see DC bouncing the enemies around. I just continue to play because it is My choice to queue up in the first place. Even though the kick functionality is there does not mean it is used casually.

Just to note, I am not against or supporting anyone, just feel that if the person being kicked doesn't like being kicked find your own party, if the person is doing to kicking, don't bother queuing up in the first place - waste people's time.
  • theskymovestheskymoves Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I won't fault a low level player for using inappropriate powers when grouped, but another level 60 CW Ice Storming and Repelling away? Hate those people. Hate 'em. (They probably try to open Mimic chests in dungeons, too.)
    edited July 2014
    I have seen players kicked for lighting barrels in the Blacklake Skirmish(!). What, having to kill 5 extra zombies that will slow you down by 2 whole seconds in an already really quick skirmish is now a kickable offense?

You are absolutely correct it is a kickable offence when the message has been posted in a dozen languages on both SAY and PARTY channels 10 times PER SKIRMISH before even the first Hulk appears.

You are an absolute imbecile if you think burning barrels wastes only 2 seconds. It makes a 2 minute skirmish take up to 5 minutes, which means 12,000 AD in an hour instead of 20,000 AD in an hour. You could have bought some pretty good Blue Gear from the AH for that wasted 8,000 AD.

And as a Perfect Vorpal costs 10 million+ and a Perfect Barkshield about 15 million, robbing me of 8000 AD per hour, three times a day for 6 months is completely unforgivable.

Especially as I posted not to do it, in a dozen languages, 10 times before the first Hulk appeared.

And farming AD quickly in that skirmish as soon as you hit level 5 is to everyone's advantage.

I used to be a lot more tolerant, but after running 12 characters through there from level 5 to level 13, AND DOING NOTHING ELSE WITH TEN OF THOSE CHARACTERS IN ALL THAT TIME, touch a barrel and you lose the chest at the end.

If you do not want to get kicked, DO AS THE PARTY LEADER SAYS.

~
This discussion has been closed.