test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Preview- Call to Arms Gate Crashers

Comments

• lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I just did one and got bored immediately.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's nice, a fixed minimum time limit and no companion from the vendor yet again...
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah mobs take an age to spawn .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • relativityrelativity Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The speed of mobs entering arena is terrible. It just so happens I have to work from tomorrow till last CtA day, so I guess i'll have to buy things from AH, because I can't even spam CtA - it is so slow. Last time i got 100 dyes and no companion. This companion would fit my renegade, but there's no way I'm able to run it 100 times at this sluggish rate.
    Bids he then the spruces to singer him an anthems!
    thief-glyphs.gif?w=32
    And the Woodsie Lord binders them fleshes to stone!
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The real problem is that when they are shortened, you dont mind taking a level 6+ but now I fear you will see only 60 groups and if you have a set of lower levels you will have people leave. Not to mention the time vs reward is pretty bad. Most farm the marks for multiple toons nowadays. At this rate you wont get it done.

Also kills companion and dye drops. BUt that is probably the intention. Sad.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Kill mobs, wait 20-30 secs for next pack. Repeat ad infinitum.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • pointsmanpointsman Member Posts: 2,327 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Don't like it? Don't do it.

Even when the CTAs were speed-runner friendly, they would leave anyway if there were lowbies present. I wouldn't expect that to change under any circumstance.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pointsman wrote: »

Even when the CTAs were speed-runner friendly, they would leave anyway if there were lowbies present. I wouldn't expect that to change under any circumstance.

Not doing it, don't have time. Bought the companion on AH instead.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • aiulianaiulian Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yeah I agree the speed is awful. + Why do you say Bluefire weaponds when they actually are the deathknell weaponds?! Recycleing stuff is nice and eco but in this case is not cool... :/ At least u could call them deathknell and don t pretend like there is something new...
  • captainfarstarcaptainfarstar Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Another grind for pet I won't see drop due to the 0.0000000001% chance of getting it. I wish they would just make everything so it can bought with talismans.

Don't mind the reskinned bow as I accidentally deleted mine and GM won't restore non-zen items.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This one is incredibly boring.
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    did a few runs earlier and in all of them, there were complaints of it being tediously slow, and rather boring.

I can't disagree to be honest, this has got to be the worst one I have seen so far. did enough to get the CW transmute, only to find it seems to be near enough the same model as from a previous CTA.

as far as I'm concerned, they are trying to do the least amount of effort possible, then pass it off as an "event"

as other people have said, the time between waves is dreadfully slow, I probably spend as much time doing nothing between waves as I spend doing something during them.

the whole event structure needs shaking up, instead of 3 waves spaced painfully far apart, I'd rather have multiple waves that start off slow, then build up faster with the passing of each one, with less and less time between waves to collect enchant drops and health boosts before the start of the next wave by which time they all disappear.

and as a reward, better items in the chest depending on how many waves are survived.

there's just nothing new in these events anymore, nothing that makes me want to do them repeatedly.

unless some guild members want to do some runs, I think I'll be giving this a wide berth from now on.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    aulduron wrote: »
    This one is incredibly boring.

Holy christ you are right. I usually like ctas, even the kinda repettive ones like the bridge. But this one is like fihting underwater. Samey weapon transmutes. Nice dyes. Pet not in store, which is a pity, because I want this for my cw. God I'm in for a terrible couple of hours. Can literally solo this.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This one is lowbies friendly. Everyone can afford to wait for lowbies.
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    pointsman wrote: »

I already gave up and that was my seventh run. About 15 minutes per run and 8 runs in 2 hours is just too little. With only 300 tokens, 56 l1, 26 l2, 5 l3, 3 l4 enchants and 8 dyes it is just ridiculous. I could make better income by grinding the Dread Run. No chance for quick runs, small drops and you actually must wait doing nothing for the mobs to spawn. Makes it par with the last CtA (Karru the Vile) being worst...

I actually haven't ever left group for low level players and am always happy to come in the middle for faster run, but I really prefer more CtAs like Defend the Temple or Orc Assault, as there I can basically solo them quite fast, with or without a good group and there was no waiting.

Temple was actually quite hilarious when you gathered all the mobs into one spot, even if it was extremely deadly... :D

PS. Seems like the companion is again speculator's wet dream. Small drop rates added to long running time means there is really few pets in the AH and their price is high and will skyrocket even more when people notice they aren't going to get one from the skirmish...
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yet again the companion is not in the CTA store , Jesus , you guys at Cryptic seem to be masters at taking stuff away from us , how about adding something a large portion of the playerbase actually wants for a change? , grinding these CTA's 100's of times is mindnumbing , there is no reason not to add a BoP version of the companion to the store .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think I actually spend more time waiting for spawns than killing mobs. Ah well probably a good grind for lowbies.
  • aznxknightzaznxknightz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    slowest most boring skirmish ever. i'm assuming this is a timed spawn skirmish as you can complete the waves as soon as the enemies arrive but you still end up having to wait for more enemies to come. the whole skirmish takes at least 11 minutes to complete.
    I'm starting to drift away from this game.

If you can actually buy the companion from cta store, i'm not surprised if it will cost more than what you would've gotten if you bought the refiner's cache instead and sold them back on the AH.
  • elusiveonen7elusiveonen7 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It's truly painful, but I imagine it works out for low level parties, as people under 40 were actually dying during fights.
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I know the warlock has not come out yet, but we all know it will be soon. I wish there would have been weapon transmutes for the class.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The transmutables are just recolors of the Defend The Temple weapons a couple of months ago. All that's been added are just some squiggley lines.

If they were going to recycle meshes, why not go back to those Barbarian weapons? Those looked cool and at least that event wasn't just two skirms back.
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not surprising since Gate Crashers is tied for the worst skirmish in the game(The other one is the Icespire Peak one with the braziers), but this CTA is terrible. Mind-numbingly dull skirmish, the transmutes are a reskin of a set I found hideously ugly the first time, and yeah, the low droprates on rank 1/2s & Medallions of Battle that have been the hallmark of the last couple CTAs. Used to be you could farm a thousand+ medallions easily enough without hating yourself. Not anymore.

And sadly, while the *blue* from the dye pack is nice, in-game the accent color looks to be green and not light blue/silver like it looked in the screenshots. Alas.

I fully expect I won't get the companion. Not enough time to run enough times because the skirmish takes so long.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, for those not wanting to do farm the skirmish, the blink dog has the same active and is cheaper at 40-50k, unless you want 2 of the them.
  • qutsemniequtsemnie Member Posts: 419 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Painfully boring.

Apparently your reward for finishing your black ice gear is being bored whenever they release a call to arms. No wait that isn't true because I took off my black ice armor for a set bonus that would kill faster, and I was still bored. Maybe I need to go the other way! Put on a rotten t1 set! Genius!
  • mervianottomervianotto Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is there no XP gain for this skirmish? I got a lot of XP the first try, but the next I got about 10% of a bar of XP.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Is there no XP gain for this skirmish? I got a lot of XP the first try, but the next I got about 10% of a bar of XP.

That was probably from completing the daily. CTA skirmishes usually dont give much experience, because all the monsters are level-less.
  • reilz1981reilz1981 Member Posts: 512 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    either make the companion an epic or put it in the store it just isnt worth the grind seriously
    Actual Join date: Dec 2007
  • mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *sigh* Very very boring skirmish, my least fav one yet. :( Everyone stand in same exact spot the entire time and mobs will just come to you.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • aulduronaulduron Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,351 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I actually wanted 3 of these companions, unlike most CTAs, but I just can't do it. Even if they were sold at the vendor, I don't think I could put up with that grind.