test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

As a pround cockatrice owner...

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
So our poor cockatrices are getting beaten upside the head with the nerf-hammer. Sad days, I was just getting used to dropping rains of arrows on people's heads in icewind dale. Cost a small fortune too.

Anyway, how useless are they going to be..? It's great, every toon I have is getting nerfed in mod 4, and now my companions too.

If I bought a ferrari, then overnight the dealership came round to my house and replaced the engine with one from a mini, I'd take them to court.

Just sayin'

Ps. My utter despondency has effected my spelling.
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• yeahnubbyyeahnubby Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It really can't come as a surprise that the Cockatrice wasn't WAI and that there'd be made changes to it
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    you even asked a while ago
    " should i buy the cockratrice? because i fear a nerf... "
    and i told you...
    " dont do it, it will be fixed and you will regret it "

now dont come here to cry.

and still, cant read about internal cooldown
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yeahnubby wrote: »
    It really can't come as a surprise that the Cockatrice wasn't WAI and that there'd be made changes to it

More or less. Although given that it was so clearly over-powered, and sure to be nerfed, I think the OP might be being ironic...
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Aye, but the whole 'WAI' thing is not my responsability. When class powers get nerfed, the class marches on, but when you start nerfing items that people bought 'as seen' initially for X amount of AD, then that's a whole new ballgame.

At the time of it's creation, someone 'intended', therefore, by default, it was working as that creator intended it. Just a pity that original intender was erm... tries not to swear... shortsighted.

I don't expect a refund, but a 'sorry we screwed you over jon due to our lack of oversight' from someone would be nice.
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Boohoo. It was clearly overpowered and if you didn't think it was going to get nerfed, you were completely delusional. You can't complain about them fixing completely broken things. It's just a shame they didn't fix other flaws in their game.
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, the cockatrice fix can't count as a prediction, whoever didn't know that it wasn't WAI and it would be fixed sooner or later is just a...
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Mine was free. So idc. :P
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not a big nerf from what I heard. They can't be CC immune all the time so oh well...
    edited July 2014
    Yeah, I'm gonna keep it, if nothing else to help me get a lightfoot thief. Still, as ever, nerfing smarts.

Chicken's getting nerfed too..? May as well spread the love.

Lol, there should be a special ceremonial area somewhere, where you can ritually burn all your nerfed gear for a coal ward or something.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So... uh... do cocktrices actually work in PvE now? I got a couple for dirty-dirt cheaps (and one from an egg gamble), but never bound them because of all the reports that they didn't do diddly-squat in PvE.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Really I am not sure why the complaints about this. The Cockatrice will still root people but the rooting now applies correctly instea of ignoring immunity powers.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    "Pround cockatrice owner" ? Sorry but how can anyone be proud of this ? I'ts a companion that takes all skill away from the Opvp. Anyone with a cockatrice can not lose on a 1v1 unless they are a very very bad player. The companion is OP and needs a bigger nerf than it is getting.

Even without DOT dmg it roots you permanently it seems, and anytime it happens to me I cannot use any powers at all so for any fight against a player with a cockatrice all I can do is stand still and wait to die......

Any player who bought this to make themselves better at pvp or to abuse it, is very sad.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    It's just the internet and how it changes the idea of 'working'. As I'm older than the internet, I'm used to things that are malfunctioning being fixed, in order to make them work better. Not the version where things work too well, apparently, and are fixed in order to make them work less well.

Call it cultureshock perhaps.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Heh... pround...
    edited July 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    "Pround cockatrice owner" ? Sorry but how can anyone be proud of this ? I'ts a companion that takes all skill away from the Opvp. Anyone with a cockatrice can not lose on a 1v1 unless they are a very very bad player. The companion is OP and needs a bigger nerf than it is getting.

Even without DOT dmg it roots you permanently it seems, and anytime it happens to me I cannot use any powers at all so for any fight against a player with a cockatrice all I can do is stand still and wait to die......

Any player who bought this to make themselves better at pvp or to abuse it, is very sad.

There's skill in dominion, not so much in owpvp. Unless you call social networking a pvp skill anyway. And I am very sad, my companion got nerfed. And don't forget, skillful credit card use is the only way to get ahead in this game, hadn't you noticed..?
    edited July 2014
    Heh... pround...

I mispelled the header on my last but one thread too. It's my gimmick. Er, really, I'm not just inattentive or anything.
  • crixus8000crixus8000 Member Posts: 1,205 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    There's skill in dominion, not so much in owpvp. Unless you call social networking a pvp skill anyway. And I am very sad, my companion got nerfed. And don't forget, skillful credit card use is the only way to get ahead in this game, hadn't you noticed..?

I have 2 lesser enchants and only rank 7s yet I win about 80% of my 1v1 fights in Opvp. I have practiced playing as a gf much and spent much AD i have earned in game on respect tokens to try builds so I prefer skill over using my credit card. There is skill in any pvp part of the game and cockatrice takes that away.
    Crixus - PVP GF
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It was obvious that they were going to nerf Cockatrice, but it makes me think, it was the classes and the gear, but from now I will have to wonder if the companions are going to be nerfed?...

I mean, seriously guys, stop changing everything in your game!!!...
  • angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    you even asked a while ago
    " should i buy the cockratrice? because i fear a nerf... "
    and i told you...
    " dont do it, it will be fixed and you will regret it "

now dont come here to cry.

and still, cant read about internal cooldown

DITTO! I remember this and reiterated and concurred with you! Now I'm all LOL and stuff! hahahahah
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    seriously this is not a nerf. The companion was not working correctly. Its active power was incorrectly affecting people through CC immune powers. This was a bug that has now been fixed.
  • loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Stop the whining already. Cockatrice is still THE pet to have in an open world setting and hopefully it'll also work in PVE now, making it a VERY good pet for tanks as well.
  • oicidrazoicidraz Member Posts: 627 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, some1 know if it's working on PvE now?
  • egnigemegnigem Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I did some tests and it looks like it's still not working. Anyone else care to test it?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    Lol, there should be a special ceremonial area somewhere, where you can ritually burn all your nerfed gear for a coal ward or something.

LOL! I agree with that idea! :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I think everyone agrees that the cockatrice needed a nerf bigtime right?
    edited July 2014
    No, I thought it was absolutey fine the way it was. ;)
  • isammaxisammax Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 121 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I dont think they actually nerfed it ;D It says now that it roots for 6 seconds (3 seconds for players). And it was 3 seconds for players before that. It doesn't work now through CC immunity, not a big deal, it's still op imo
    edited July 2014
    Yeah but hobbits are gonna get away from me. I hates hobbitses.
  • s3ven0fmines3ven0fmine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cant wait till they actualy do the right thing and put a 10-20 second ICD.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Not only he types the word incorrectly but he's "Proud" to have the cockatrice.

just lol. 1 star thread.