test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Prepare for the key QQ

Comments

• katamaster81899katamaster81899 Member Posts: 1,157 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Well seeing you wont be able to sell the keys on the AH then, err, techincally yes....

As for the prices of non-keys the inflation is caused by too much AD in the system compared to ZEN and this will make things slightly WORSE as the key sales actually reduced the AD in the market because of the AH tax....

Not to mention that the ZAX is going to become even more backlogged now.
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Also, from what I know, those sites are sellng perfect enchantments/ rank 10s too so make them BOP too?
    -,.,-
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Now what is the people going to use as new currency in order to get expensive items? WTB Pvorpal = 3k pwards?
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So, the game itches closer and closer to p2w only.
    edited July 2014
    Now what is the people going to use as new currency in order to get expensive items? WTB Pvorpal = 3k pwards?

+1

Astral Resonators / Stacks of R5s maybe?
    dulopa4e1d9.png
    || Axios Guild Leader || Neverwinter Trade Forum Moderator || Infernal Paragons ||
    Check out my foundry, titled "Akro's Gone Wacko", featuring our ex-CM Akromatik!: NW-DL8J7BY5T
    Erza Moonstalker | Lara Moonstalker | Julie Marvell | Erza Moonhunter | Annie Hellangel | Jenn Moonstalker
    edited July 2014

hm, idols? xD
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Also, from what I know, those sites are sellng perfect enchantments/ rank 10s too so make them BOP too?
    -,.,-

Yep, eventually. First they will make Wards BoA as otherwise the goldsellers will simply switch to those, and after that enchantments will have to become BoA.
    edited July 2014
    Yep, eventually. First they will make Wards BoA as otherwise the goldsellers will simply switch to those, and after that enchantments will have to become BoA.

I don't think they can do that, if they do then the whole game with come crashing to the ground, it simply won't be possible to get any of this stuff without pouring 1000s of dollars into the game.

We won't even be able to refine other than the extremely overpriced opals and diamonds and other zen stuff...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • moz81moz81 Member Posts: 34
    edited July 2014
    Guess we can thank ******* spammers for this.

Doesn't really matter to me if keys are bound. Never used them for much else than opening boxes. Don't see what the big deal is. Hopefully there's less pressure on the ZAX now when people aren't spamming for zen to get keys.
  • stah01stah01 Member Posts: 540 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I think the funny part is that they really believe that people will continue playing and buy zen non stop. Im sure a few will but most liked the challenge of playing the ZAX (Stock Market), Auction House and general Trading. They believe that the farmers were killing their zen income but truthfully what will happen is more and more people will stop playing. Maybe these changes will be reversed in a year to lure people in but it will be too late.

We arent asia and western style is different. Having freedom to buy your zen or earn than through trading on zax was a good system. Suits should stay out of the game development world. These sketchy business tactics are pretty transparent and are pretty insulting.

Truly feel for new players. I feel for old ones also but at least alot of us have gotten top gear and know what its like to max out. Must suck to work at Cryptic, knowing your ideas get flushed down the toilet and you cant do anything about it. GG PWE. I also wonder if there are 14 polish guys flushing the toilet.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    *Watches from above* - This game sure hit rock bottom pretty fast :rolleyes:
  • group5egroup5e Member Posts: 294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Problem is the third party sites affected in AH. I think this is just a small step in a series of much larger ones they plan to implement to combat this. I really wouldn't be surprised if they make things like high level enchantments account bound in the future to prevent those sites from selling them as that is the only way that will stop them.

This is a good lesson for those who hoard zen items to sell though. It can be a gamble... a very expensive one after a while.
  • anatas07anatas07 Member Posts: 164 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Keys BOP ... This is doomsday
    From now on everything you know or guess about trading will change :)

Let the games begin !

P.S. And ofc - Do NOT buy the keys posted on AH - they will EXPIRE and the sellers will open some boxes themselves - let the cheap stuff flow !
    If you see this and have the answer - PM me or answer real quick because this post will be removed
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wait, what? Can anyone explained what happened? I'm not really into keys or gambling, so i have no clue O.o but if this is going to impact the AH market, I need to know O.o
    edited July 2014
    Hmmm, I heard Terra was pretty good.... At this rate I might have to say goodbye to Neverwinter and give that a try...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • tinead51tinead51 Member Posts: 305 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    So, the game itches closer and closer to p2w only.

It's been like that for a long time, anyone who tells you differently is either lying or works for the company... ;)
    edited July 2014
    izidius wrote: »
    *Watches from above* - This game sure hit rock bottom pretty fast :rolleyes:

Agreed. You usually see this stuff way later in a game. Just out 1 year and already hitting the end fast.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • devaneiodevaneio Member Posts: 142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    I think the funny part is that they really believe that people will continue playing

They don't care, this is a planned obsolescence, they want ppl to go play Swordsman.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    devaneio wrote: »
    They don't care, this is a planned obsolescence, they want ppl to go play Swordsman.

The way this game went, I won't play any PWE game ever again.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited July 2014

I'm not playing swordsman if this is what PWE does to their games...
    dulopa4e1d9.png
  • jrfbrunetjrfbrunet Member Posts: 388 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Wards could become BoA, but enchantments...never.
    Honestly, there are a lot of cosmetic items that should become BoE.

Cryptic/PWE seems to be very practiced at retroactively combating gold sellers, one item at a time, but when it comes to proactively/preemptively reducing the glut of AD in the economy (and simultaneously making extra revenue) by making all cosmetic items BoE, or even unbindable, they are woefully inexperienced. The gold sellers will also be a step ahead of cryptic/PWE if this continues. If the playerbase can clearly and easily see which items should be BoA, BoE, BoP, unbindable etc., why can't the devs?
    Where'd my blinky-blinky path go?
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    The way this game went, I won't play any PWE game ever again.

Same with me, I will keep far away.

ps, Swordsman is horrible
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Sure.. thanks to buying half your stuff if not more from bots. Thanks mate. You and others like you pretty much damned this game into the abyss. I don't feel sorry for that lot at all. Not even a little.

I made my enchants and farmed cn like other players. Not sure how I doomed the game lol. I wasnt here for the Caturday scandal but I have heard people have SO Much ad from that event. And about 6 months ago things were cheap. So again.. dont throw your accusations my way.. You dont know me and I am not a chinese bot farmer. Keep it on topic.
    GShBCGl.jpg
  • lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I find it curious that they started this kind of changes exactly after their first year, it's like: ok we just got our investment back, from now on is just profit, let's take as much $$$ as possible before the players start leaving.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    group5e wrote: »
    This is a good lesson for those who hoard zen items to sell though. It can be a gamble... a very expensive one after a while.

What's the lesson, though? "Don't try to profit from the Auction House?" Pretty sure everyone who has been playing for a while does. Maybe it's "prepare as though the developers are going to change their policies with no notice?" How does one prepare for that?

I'm not someone with a ton of zen items or currency so I'm not defending myself. I'm a free market person and it seems as though there will be a lot of people affected by these changes who are going to be out a whole truckload of currency because trades they were planning to make will no longer be possible and the items they are stuck with they don't want or need.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2014
    stah01 wrote: »
    I think the funny part is that they really believe that people will continue playing and buy zen non stop. Im sure a few will but most liked the challenge of playing the ZAX (Stock Market), Auction House and general Trading. They believe that the farmers were killing their zen income but truthfully what will happen is more and more people will stop playing. Maybe these changes will be reversed in a year to lure people in but it will be too late.

You know I never had a thought about leaving NWO but now as I realize that all my stuff is gonna be BoP soon I do.
    I just hope I will be able to transfer those to my warlock when it comes out.
    edited July 2014

I never thought of that. You are probably right =/
    GShBCGl.jpg
This discussion has been closed.