What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Event Discussion: 'Wonders of Gond'

Comments

• hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Apparatus of Gond maybe?

55tzUMkh.jpg

I'll be so enraged if this is actually the mount.

I spent 1,5kk on Kwalish because I wanted a mechanical mount, and now this shows up.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I'll be so enraged if this is actually the mount.

I spent 1,5kk on Kwalish because I wanted a mechanical mount, and now this shows up.

You better start getting worked up then because that is almost certainly the mount XD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    You better start getting worked up then because that is almost certainly the mount XD

Don't think there'll be 2 metal lobsters in the game. Maybe it will be an upgrade token for those who already have one. I've had one for ages, though I bought it when they were cheap. ;)
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow a fellow greyhawker, it was the first pen and paper game I played in. Also remember a creature called a gizwhatzum that could take on an aspect of a creature or an item like a sword or dagger depending upon how many hit dice"levels" it had. I had one that was a gorilla and would trance form into a long sword. I would get mad when I missed too much and would change and start attacking its self so I always had a back up. good times:) from a personal aspect never cared for the forgotten realms thought they were way over hyped and almost every part mapped and detailed. greyhawk let a GM add stuff and fillm in blanks here and there, also was a big Gary Gygax fan. The old times like me remember some of the most painful dungeons he made the tome of horrors still gives me night mares.

I was a huge fan of World of Greyhawk and Gary Gygax as well! I started playing PnP AD&D back in 1976, I think. Tomb of Horrors was a pretty rough dungeon - so many crazy traps!!
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    . . . A bit off topic but the latest replies got my nostalgia going; My first world I DMd was AD&D Hollow World (boxed set), it wasn't long before made the world into the Realms (I kept the Hollow World intact as a DM's addition to the setting). I later incorporated all the D&D campaigns (except Birthright) in my Campaign. Al-Quadim was easy, as it already exists in the world (southern continent south of Chult). Same with Kara-Tur. Planescape and Spelljammer were also easy additions as the framework for them already existed (SJ ports have existed in the Realm's lore for thousands of its years and well, there's portals all over creation to the Planes). I then later decided to allow my players to find ways to travel to Krynn, Oerith, and Athas.

. . . The first Campaign I ever played in, some years before starting to DM, was Dragonlance. My best friend DM's Greyhawk, another friend DMs Dark Sun, and my other best friend DMs a world of his own creation. I've also played in Raveloft and Spelljammer campaigns before. Never got to play in a full-Planescape campaign though. There was one time when a couple players decided to go to Orith and my best friend who DMs it didn't want his character to go there, so I let the other two go and to their surprise, I started rolling up a character as my best friend took the DM seat. ;)

P.S. my character in his (GH) campaign is now an NPC :( ... but she's Queen of her own city, Forhappeningsful. Don't ask!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the doohickey is actually way to op.. 30 second countdown auto timer for a 4th encounter for every class (the cw will get a 5th that way and the hr a 7th.) Make it at least 90 seconds, even then it shouldn't be in the game.

They shouldn't release this in the game, it will be a grind fest Im sure to get it, and if you have multiple classes it will be worse, in return, anyone who doesnt have one will be a huge disadvantage in pvp if you dont have, or didnt participate in this time frame.

Why does cyrptic do these things!
  • tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    doohickey, schmoohickey.
    WHERE'S THE THINGAMAJIG?!
  • yawulfyawulf Member Posts: 139 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    why shouldnt they? we have coin,pet and other buffs and many ppl do not have them in pvp sadly its their loss and dont forget they also help in pve as well and can save u.And whiles u r counting encounters u should add artifact to it,just saying
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    In PvE, the doohickey probably won't make much difference as mobs come in a large number and each mob has quite high hp.

It could affect PvP since everyone would gain a ranged, damaging power. And it seems to counter the purpose of ranged class.
    edited July 2014
    And when both melee and ranged classes gain the same ranged power, the situation is always bad to ranged classes because melee classes tend to have more HP and are more defensive. Thus cause balance issue in PvP. It may be reworked like this: for melee players, it activates a short ranged melee power; for ranged class, keep it as what it is now.
    edited July 2014
    When they say 'expendable' does this mean a one shot and it's gone item..? Or is there also a permanent version..?
    edited July 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    When they say 'expendable' does this mean a one shot and it's gone item..? Or is there also a permanent version..?

It will probably be on a timer giving it so many days.
    edited July 2014
    Only a temporary OP problem then at worst. Pity, I'll get one but, well, I'll get used to it and then it will seem like a nerf when it's gone.
    edited July 2014
    So it isn't a permanent item like Adorable Pocket Pet and Tymora's Lucky Coin......
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    its op becuae its direct damage, the small buffs from things like the pocket pet and coin do not compare to the cooldown/damage output of this item. It can clearly be used in your rotation, unlike either of those items.

Those are small advantages, which Im ok with, this is a much bigger one and shouldnt be put into the game as it currently stands.
    edited July 2014
    So it isn't a permanent item like Adorable Pocket Pet and Tymora's Lucky Coin ......

I just had a quick look , there are 2 versions of the doohickey ,the one that is pictured in the OP is the perma version , the expendable one is a temporary version and does a lot less damage than the permanent version.
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I just had a quick look , there are 2 versions of the doohickey ,the one that is pictured in the OP is the perma version , the expendable one is a temporary version and does a lot less damage than the permanent version.
    Wow, we really can get a permanent version. Then a slight rework would be needed for balance issue.
  • lwedarlwedar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    calling for a nerf already? Why don't we wait and see how effective it is. A 3k damage item that is affected by DR/deflect/Tenacity every 30 seconds isn't going to make anyone OP.
    "we all love this game and want it to thrive"
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow, we really can get a permanent version. Then a slight rework would be needed for balance issue.

Please don't begin the ridiculous demands for nerfs before something is even live.
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.

edited July 2014
    The tooltip is on the perma version could be incorrect anyways because the perma version shows my lvl 50 that it does just under 3k damage ( damage scales as your character levels up) and the temp version only shows just over 400 damage xD
    edited July 2014
    Actually not calling for "nerf", just for "rework". Giving everyone a ranged power is kinda defeating the purpose of ranged classes. As mentioned before, maybe for melee users, it could work as a short-ranged or a melee power.
    edited July 2014
    Actually not calling for "nerf", just for "rework". Giving everyone a ranged power is kinda defeating the purpose of ranged classes. As mentioned before, maybe for melee users, it could work as a short-ranged or a melee power.

And you're back to QQ'ing about things you don't like.
    Plenty of reasons for everyone to have some ranged capabilities that are both reasonable and well-supported by game lore. That you don't seem to know how to deal with them in PvP is not a compelling reason for a global change.

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    In D&D, ranged magical items, weapons, and abilities are not exclusive to any specific class. This is a D&D game.
    edited July 2014
    Oh yes, this is a D&D game. (*looking at those cc immunity guys*)
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You can't use a device which all classes can use as a reason for balancing classes. Your sentiment would mean a hybrid class such as the HR is undermining range classes by stealing range powers (or melee ones if you prefer to think the other way around.) The HR never brought about an end to range nor melee classes, but exists as a peer class.
    edited July 2014
    Oh yes, this is a D&D game. (*looking at those cc immunity guys*)

*Looks at myriad ways for people to resist control spells entirely in the PnP game*

• nwaurionnwaurion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited July 2014
    They show a golden apparatus in the Module 4 gameplay trailer. Assuming the grey one in this thread is the Apparatus of Gond, what would the golden one be? Updating look for the Apparatus of Kwalish? That wouldn't make much sense, people will probably go for the shiny one, and ignore the Apparatus of Gond. Also, the new look wouldn't fit the official look.
    edited July 2014
    rabbinicus wrote: »
    *Looks at myriad ways for people to resist control spells entirely in the PnP game*
    Aye, magic resistance, saving throws, stat checks, magic items... to name a few.
    edited July 2014
    nwaurion wrote: »
    They show a golden apparatus in the Module 4 gameplay trailer. Assuming the grey one in this thread is the Apparatus of Gond, what would the golden one be? Updating look for the Apparatus of Kwalish? That wouldn't make much sense, people will probably go for the shiny one, and ignore the Apparatus of Gond. Also, the new look wouldn't fit the official look.

While I have precisely zero official confirmation of this, the gold colored and somewhat more elaborate mechanical mount most likely is the Apparatus of Gond. :)

edited July 2014
    zebular wrote: »
    Aye, magic resistance, saving throws, stat checks, magic items... to name a few.
    And what is funny is those guys don't have anything in that list.
This discussion has been closed.