test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Damage buff if flagged for pvp in IWD

flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
It is just a simple idea cross my mind. To motivate players to do open world pvp, players who are flagged for pvp get a damage buff ( or defence buff) in IWD. So people flagged for pvp could do daily quests (encouters) more efficiently but need to be quite careful.

The buff could be not that much like 5%.

Join the Greycloaks

Ana-GWF SM Destroyer | Farseer-CW MoF Renegade | Leon-GF SM Tactician
Adrik Battlefate-DC DO Virtuous | Cassi Woodsheart-HR PF Trapper
Post edited by flyingleon on

Comments

• ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    These are pvp boons. Already in place.
  • flyingleonflyingleon Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yes, but apparently players not motivated enough. Also the buff I request only works in IWD not in pvp dominations and GG pvp.

Join the Greycloaks

• ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    How is that suppose to motivate players?
    edited July 2014
    ulviel wrote: »
    How is that suppose to motivate players?
    Well, if no the other factions players around, you are buffed for finishing quests and do herotic encounters.

Join the Greycloaks

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    flyingleon wrote: »
    Well, if no the other factions players around, you are buffed for finishing quests and do herotic encounters.

You already are , you have 3 boons that are only active while flagged for pvp.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Why would I want to tag myself for PvP if I'm running PvE? Lets see...
    • Can't get healed by opposing or neutral DCs.
    • Can't get buffed by neutral/opposing players.
    • Friendly fire at bigger encounters.
    • Strong likelihood of getting randomly ganked by a group while already attacking NPCs.

Sure, all my PvP boons are up, but it doesn't make up for the above imo.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited July 2014
    Just to further clarify my point, I would like to see more open world pvp fights outside the red region. Some randomness (good or bad), probably more players involved.

Join the Greycloaks

• cristianrossicristianrossi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    I'm a DC, ain't getting flagged son!
    EguaDoidOx - Rock'n'roll DC / EguaDoidOx - Dominion Champion CW
    Ancient Warriors Guild
    edited July 2014
    I'm a DC, ain't getting flagged son!
    That is your choice and is more related to PVP class balance problem. A simple suggetion could not solve all the problems. Well, keep your attitude, will help u a lot.

Join the Greycloaks

• cristianrossicristianrossi Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited July 2014
    That is your choice and is more related to PVP class balance problem. A simple suggetion could not solve all the problems. Well, keep your attitude, will help u a lot.

It does, thanks!
    EguaDoidOx - Rock'n'roll DC / EguaDoidOx - Dominion Champion CW
    Ancient Warriors Guild
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    If I get 5% buffs, so does my opponent. It changes nothing, and therefor will not persuade people to PvP.

Yes, but helps for PVE which is my point. What I wan to see it that players flagged for PVP also are active in the not red region. In this case, some random PVP fight may happen. It could be fun.

Join the Greycloaks

• silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They shouldve just created open world pvp on a seperate map, so even lower geared folks could join without getting wasted, becuase it turns into a #s game.

Allowed forts for weaker side to hide in as well, I mean this isnt genius level stuff here, many mmos already have this and it can be fun.

I simply dont do much open world pvp, due to the fact of the stupid allowing of pets, I hit up against a cockatrice the other day.. so stupid. I mean way out of the way stupid function, rooted every ten seconds is insane. Which of course, you know if I didnt use any AoEs, Dots, or Plaguefires, I wouldve been fine.. =P.

I would've lost anyways, because the people who could afford the cockatrice's are superior in gear anyways, but its just stupid that this allow stuff like that in game.
  • tearsoffeartearsoffear Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It is just a simple idea cross my mind. To motivate players to do open world pvp, players who are flagged for pvp get a damage buff ( or defence buff) in IWD. So people flagged for pvp could do daily quests (encounters) more efficiently but need to be quite careful.

The buff could be not that much like 5%.

I wonder, why do you want to entice players that obviously do not want to PvP for whatever reason to do PvP?
    Out of PvP fodder? Getting beaten up in the PvP zone regularly? I just want to know, as most PvP players say "I want to PvP because it's much more challenging than PvP".
    See, I think by enticing a PvE player to flag for PvP you won't get that challenge. If you really want it. You get 99.9% just PvP fodder, and so I consider your comment as trolling to feed more PvE players to the PvP 16k players. And I think this is a bad idea.

So, TL/DR, I think your idea is a bad one. Only players seeking PvP for the purpose of PvP should flag for PvP.
    edited July 2014
    I wonder, why do you want to entice players that obviously do not want to PvP for whatever reason to do PvP?
    Out of PvP fodder? Getting beaten up in the PvP zone regularly? I just want to know, as most PvP players say "I want to PvP because it's much more challenging than PvP".
    See, I think by enticing a PvE player to flag for PvP you won't get that challenge. If you really want it. You get 99.9% just PvP fodder, and so I consider your comment as trolling to feed more PvE players to the PvP 16k players. And I think this is a bad idea.

So, TL/DR, I think your idea is a bad one. Only players seeking PvP for the purpose of PvP should flag for PvP.

I would not think 5% buff will force a pure PVEer to do PVP, and I would also think there is no clear boundary between PvPers and PvEers. But I could understand some classes which not fit well in open world PVP so far will think it is somehow fair. As I said before, it is another problem.

Join the Greycloaks

edited July 2014
    I would not think 5% buff will force a pure PVEer to do PVP, and I would also think there is no clear boundary between PvPers and PvEers. But I could understand some classes which not fit well in open world PVP so far will think it is somehow fair. As I said before, it is another problem.
    In fact there is now a very larger and obvious boundary, it's called tenacity gear. You don't wear it, you are a walking corpse while PvP flagged.
    The question stands, why motivate players to flag for PvP ... those that want already are flagged.
    Why feed PvE players to the PvP crowd?
    edited July 2014
    In fact there is now a very larger and obvious boundary, it's called tenacity gear. You don't wear it, you are a walking corpse while PvP flagged.
    The question stands, why motivate players to flag for PvP ... those that want already are flagged.
    Why feed PvE players to the PvP crowd?
    Well, PvE players could still choose not to be flagged for PvP. If 5% buff damage is fair for flagging, everyone has his/her call.

Join the Greycloaks

edited July 2014
    Well, PvE players could still choose not to be flagged for PvP. If 5% buff damage is fair for flagging, everyone has his/her call.
    But it seems you want to "motivate" or - as I call it, entice - players to flag for PvP. Are there not enough PvP players? I wonder why!
  • ahsherahsher Member Posts: 208 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I've flagged and done quest. 70% of time I get jumped by group. I agree with DC. This 15k CW who does pve in PVP gear. Other issue is you don't use same encounter powers in pvp and pve.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Too many instances meaning there is a big chance you are all alone on your instance about to get ganked.

But I agree with OP, open world PVP has crappy rewards, why would players go there other than to grief players?
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Why would I want to tag myself for PvP if I'm running PvE? Lets see...
    • Can't get healed by opposing or neutral DCs.
    • Can't get buffed by neutral/opposing players.
    • Friendly fire at bigger encounters.
    • Strong likelihood of getting randomly ganked by a group while already attacking NPCs.

Sure, all my PvP boons are up, but it doesn't make up for the above imo.

This is exactly what would happen
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!