test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Scourge Warlock Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    What we don't have is the tools to deal with is huge mobs.

I find warlock's bargain's damage reflection is good for that. I cast it on the biggest mob or boss, then ignore that mob while I deal with the minions/etc. The damage I take from the minions tends to whittle away its health on the bigger mob/boss. I was surprised how quickly it whittled their health down, but it's still not burst damage though.

Curse, Fireball, Curse then Dreadtheft is actually pretty good for that too imo.
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd like to point out that everything you have in that setup is built to keep you alive longer. Warlock's bargain sacrifices some health to give you a DoT, super healing, and damage reflection. Dreadtheft is a huge increase to damage resistance. Vampiric embrace should be kind of obvious. The temptation tree does nothing but make you and your team harder to kill.

What we don't have is the tools to deal with is huge mobs.

Yes, because I thought it'll be a nightmare to run that with such gear. We do have tools to deal with huge mobs. As zomd stated, put bargain on the tough mob, use dreadtheft and run around. I personally didn't have any problem killing the last boss in dread spire as a SW, took me less then on mentioned above HR, DC and GF.

The point is a character that's built with everything to keep himself alive should not deal that much damage. I sacrifice healing abilities as a DC to deal damage, as well as defense as a GF, PvP specced HR doesn't deal damage at all. You doesn't even need to have CC as a SW, because you just YOLO Dreadtheft everything to the death.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • theshadowbreakertheshadowbreaker Member Posts: 48
    edited July 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Yes, because I thought it'll be a nightmare to run that with such gear. We do have tools to deal with huge mobs. As zomd stated, put bargain on the tough mob, use dreadtheft and run around. I personally didn't have any problem killing the last boss in dread spire as a SW, took me less then on mentioned above HR, DC and GF.

The point is a character that's built with everything to keep himself alive should not deal that much damage. I sacrifice healing abilities as a DC to deal damage, as well as defense as a GF, PvP specced HR doesn't deal damage at all. You doesn't even need to have CC as a SW, because you just YOLO Dreadtheft everything to the death.
    Did you choose damage reducing aura in temptation tree? That feat is totally broken. It should give 5% damage reduction but it feels like it gives 50%+, so I wouldn't judge your survivability if you have it. I've lvled warlock to 60 on previous patch and it was really hard, using the same combination, especially in whispering caverns. Maybe changes in sprint and dreadtheft gave such difference.

Probably dreadtheft was overbuffed, it runs too long to have this nice damage reduction and deals insane amount of damage on group of monsters. Duration should be probably cut in half or buffs reduced to previous values. I will create new warlock in couple of days to see for myself how survivability looks now but it really was disaster earlier versus burst damage and drag powers.
    edited July 2014
    Did you choose damage reducing aura in temptation tree? That feat is totally broken. It should give 5% damage reduction but it feels like it gives 50%+, so I wouldn't judge your survivability if you have it. I've lvled warlock to 60 on previous patch and it was really hard, using the same combination, especially in whispering caverns. Maybe changes in sprint and dreadtheft gave such difference.

Hmmm.....it's might be the point. Yes, I have this feat. It was kinda average to hard to do Hotenow, but for some reason it became insanely easy at lvl 60 with the same gear. And I remember I tried that feat for the first time at lvl 60. This totally makes sense, needs further testing.

UPD. Testing Aura of Despair.
    Without Aura
    [Combat (Self)] Servitor deals 844 (1042) Physical Damage to you with Throwing Knives.

[Combat (Self)] Servitor deals 854 (1054) Physical Damage to you with Throwing Knives.

[Combat (Self)] Servitor deals 820 (1012) Physical Damage to you with Throwing Knives.

With Aura
    [Combat (Self)] Servitor deals 798 (985) Physical Damage to you with Throwing Knives.

[Combat (Self)] Servitor deals 768 (948) Physical Damage to you with Throwing Knives.

[Combat (Self)] Servitor deals 775 (956) Physical Damage to you with Throwing Knives.

You can see the attack's damage is decreased by roughly 5%.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    This thread is for discussions pertaining to the Official Feedback Thread: Scourge Warlock
    Posts will be merged into here so this post will seem out of place soon.
    Update: Creation and merger complete.
  • zekehubriszekehubris Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I really like the change to the shift power, but think that the new idle animation is a little strange and awkward looking. I think that having the warlock stand with their arms folded over their chest whilst idle would be a far better.
    edited July 2014
    Edit: Nevermind.
    edited July 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    Hmmm.....it's might be the point. Yes, I have this feat. It was kinda average to hard to do Hotenow, but for some reason it became insanely easy at lvl 60 with the same gear. And I remember I tried that feat for the first time at lvl 60. This totally makes sense, needs further testing.

Something might be wonky with Dreadtheft's damage resistance buff or some other mechanic because I've experienced inconsistent damage reduction too. It may be just changes in how I used the skills, but I don't know.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    zomd wrote: »
    Edit: Nevermind.
    To keep discussions and feedback from being jumbled together forming incoherent babble and to keep down un-needed eye strain for the devs. That and I just remembered I forgot to create this thread when the official one was stuck. ;)

PM me if you have any further questions on moderation.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone know if they are going to release "warlock booster pack"?
    edited July 2014
    zomd wrote: »
    Something might be wonky with Dreadtheft's damage resistance buff or some other mechanic because I've experienced inconsistent damage reduction too. It may be just changes in how I used the skills, but I don't know.

Dreadtheft: Curse Consume: Bonus Damage Resist per stack is now 6% base (up from 3%) and grants 3% more per rank (up from 1%).

Max 5 stacks - 60% DR. I don't know if this is buffed Dreadtheft or Vampiric or Bargain, but they definitely need to tone down SW's damage and/or survivability.
  • imit8rimit8r Member Posts: 74 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    With HR, the booster pack wasn't announced until like the week before launch, or so.
    edited July 2014
    Why I asked is because I want to see something really useful in that pack besides some unique transmute item ^^
  • azrael4271azrael4271 Member Posts: 132 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Why I asked is because I want to see something really useful in that pack besides some unique transmute item ^^

I'm hoping for another pack like Guardian of Neverwinter and Knight of Feywild. I enjoy having my account wide purple level companions. The more character slots I have the more they are worthwhile.
    edited July 2014
    azrael4271 wrote: »
    I'm hoping for another pack like Guardian of Neverwinter and Knight of Feywild. I enjoy having my account wide purple level companions. The more character slots I have the more they are worthwhile.
    I predict the pack that will contain dragonborn race icon_rolleyes2.gif
    edited July 2014
    I predict the pack that will contain dragonborn race icon_rolleyes2.gif
    Even though I don't care for dragonborn (Give me my 1/2 dragons from Council of Wyrms anyday!), that would be *sings*awwwweSOM! I'd so love to make my first warlock a dragonborn!
  • demonickk23demonickk23 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm fairly new to dungeons and dragons so i was wondering about warlocks, i know they get their power from making pacts with demons, but do they actually summon demons? If so why doesn't the scourge warlock in neverwinter summon any demons?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • harnelharnel Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm fairly new to dungeons and dragons so i was wondering about warlocks, i know they get their power from making pacts with demons, but do they actually summon demons? If so why doesn't the scourge warlock in neverwinter summon any demons?
    Well, first off, you don't want to summon demons unless you're insane or extremely powerful, as they don't make deals, they just break stuff. Including you. What's summoned much more commonly in DnD and Neverwinter are devils, as they make deals, offer bargains, and keep their end of the (potentially loaded) deal. They want your soul, not just your death.

Now, on the topic of summoning, that's a dangerous, long process. you need to have all the ritual components for it, and then perform the ritual, and I can tell you right now rituals are not in-combat applications of power, as they can take minutes or hours to accomplish properly. You'd get a devil in your service for days afterwards, but that's better represented by a companion than a summoning spell.

Actually, that'd be a great companion. A legion devil or a succubus? Tons of players would go for that. I know we can get book imps from the foundry (I already have one) but still.
  • demonickk23demonickk23 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, first off, you don't want to summon demons unless you're insane or extremely powerful, as they don't make deals, they just break stuff. Including you. What's summoned much more commonly in DnD and Neverwinter are devils, as they make deals, offer bargains, and keep their end of the (potentially loaded) deal. They want your soul, not just your death.

Now, on the topic of summoning, that's a dangerous, long process. you need to have all the ritual components for it, and then perform the ritual, and I can tell you right now rituals are not in-combat applications of power, as they can take minutes or hours to accomplish properly. You'd get a devil in your service for days afterwards, but that's better represented by a companion than a summoning spell.

Actually, that'd be a great companion. A legion devil or a succubus? Tons of players would go for that. I know we can get book imps from the foundry (I already have one) but still.

wow thank you very much for the info, it answered my question thoroughly and let me learn a little more about the class.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014

I don't know, casting six or so gates in the middle of the Protector's Enclave Market and calling several demons out of them with no compulsion other than do what you will, sounds like good times. Maybe I go in the insane category.

http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/gate.htm

Anyways back on topic that's the gate spell, and it is useful in an in combat duration assuming concentration checks yadda yadda. While I'd love to see a summoner style of caster in the game, I think the ai would let us down and it wouldn't be very effective.
    edited July 2014
    The gate spell is also from 3.5, and in 4e would only be covered by ritual magic, which I already covered above. The spellplague really mucked things up.
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The gate spell is also from 3.5, and in 4e would only be covered by ritual magic, which I already covered above. The spellplague really mucked things up.

4e'd again. I really should get a 4e source book. There goes my dreams of unleashing an army of Hezrou on Rhix.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Does anyone know if they are going to release "warlock booster pack"?
    imit8r wrote: »
    With HR, the booster pack wasn't announced until like the week before launch, or so.

This guy pretty much answered your question.

They won't release details until very near of launch because they want to sell the other stuff in the zen store in the meantime.
    edited July 2014
    A quick idea (I'm going to post further feedback in the future when I tested further) that comes to mind regarding the Shift (I love the new animation).
    If I remember correctly (I can't fire up NW right now), the Shift grants CC immunity. So it's viable against CC - good. But the damage resistance is lacking (30%). So my idea: When shifting, have 100% deflection chance - like non-stealth ITC from TRs. If I remember correctly, SWs have a deflection severity of 50% like most other classes, and I think this will help the SW to survive better.

Devs, please, if you're not gonna reconsider SW Shift mechanics, this is the very thing you need to do. Currently, 30% DR buff doesn't provide enough defense, and if you're got caught in red area during sprinting, it still might kill you.
  • twilightwatchmantwilightwatchman Member Posts: 2,007 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    Also, does Warlock's Curse act as a "trigger" to get your companion to attack said target? That can also get you aggro.
    That's a good point. I'm using an Augment companion as my summoned so I can't confirm or deny. I'll swap companions when I log on later today and test.
    Jenna Sunsoul - Justice Tankadin
    Aelar Hawkwind - Archer
    Karrin Feywinter - Mistress of Flame
    Errin Duskwalker - Executioner
    Darquess - Soulbinder
  • cjwdcjwd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have been playing this class for awhile now and its extremely over powered. I can see that alot of the other classes are not gonna be wanted in dungeons making it hard for other people to find parties and its gonna make pvp unbalanced.
    edited July 2014
    Folks, if your comments are more discussionary in measure than straight feedback,
    please use these discussion threads provided instead. Thanks!

We included each of these discussion threads as a link in the [ List ] sticky.
    edited July 2014
    voltomey wrote: »
    Feedback Dreadtheft

When you have Multiple SW i a group this Debuff seems to stack letting them do mondo amounts of dmg to single targets

Can you imagine it? Five temptation warlocks all going at it. They're all healing each other and increasing each other's damage. Cross the streams? Oh my yes.
  • ganjahero91ganjahero91 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OK, just got done playing some pvp on test shard against an sw. I ususally dont call for nerfs but come on a 4 sec prone? Lets not even talk about how op it is because of the fact that its a dot. Lets talk about how a 4 sec prone will be in pvp dom when there will be more than one enemy. On top of that its a dot meaning a prone can be guaranteed. Please look into cutting down the prone time. I understands that its an sw's only cc but it seriously is OP.
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • voltomeyvoltomey Member Posts: 1,052 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    OK, just got done playing some pvp on test shard against an sw. I ususally dont call for nerfs but come on a 4 sec prone? Lets not even talk about how op it is because of the fact that its a dot. Lets talk about how a 4 sec prone will be in pvp dom when there will be more than one enemy. On top of that its a dot meaning a prone can be guaranteed. Please look into cutting down the prone time. I understands that its an sw's only cc but it seriously is OP.

You think that prone is OP lmfao Try getting hit with warlock bargain wraith shadowed then Blown away with Dreadtheft in the same amount of time it takes some one to finish casting Harrowstorm then refocus on u to tab before the time runs out to get the prone to activate.

Somethings you need to know about Harrowstorm is that you have to stand still and finish the animation before it will fire off also if you follow to quickly with another spell it will not fire off another thing if the user follows up to fast with a warlock mark it sometimes bugs out and will not prone also its not a warlocks only CC btw WS immobilizes you and is way faster then Harrowstorm is to CC you
    Gang Busters PvP Guild Recruiting When Mod 6 goes live Pm Me for more Info If you have any Paladin question Message Me and i will get back to you ASAP
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]