test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Query about Come and Get it

germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Militia Barracks
I am somewhat confused regarding how this skill works. Here's the skill description.
http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Come_and_Get_It

I understand that it is a flat buff for the next skill within 3 seconds. At max rank it is 20% additional damage as compared to rank 1 (assuming it is additive..please correct me if I am wrong). So my queries are:
  1. What is the damage buff at rank 1... 10%?
  2. Does the skill itself do damage? The tooltip does not suggest any damage. Intimidation feat on Sentinel tree will add 1/2/3/4/5% of your Power as damage. However on Preview, I have noticed following results without using the feat
    [Combat (Self)] Your Restoring Strike deals 3097 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Come and Get It deals 977 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    Please note that this is after resetting all my boon sand feats to zero. Am I missing something? Is this working as intended?

I have recently been using Battle Fury since Mod 3 (since I am Destroyer built and have Relentless fury feated). I just wanted to test comparison with CaGI (which I used to try in Mod 2). The damage boost seems higher with CaGI if you add the two damage indicators. However, Battle fury lasts longer allowing it to be used with two encounters or more (assumption..have seen it last at least 6 seconds, unfeated on Preview) and has other effects such as AP gain and Stamina regain (apart from a weak buff for allies). So far, I have liked the effects of Battle fury but just thought I should test it further for Mod 4.

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Battle_Fury

Also creating a Poll (again, since my other thread seems dead) to check if you guys have an opinion of Battle Fury Vs CaGI. Feel free to vote.

Thanks in advance :) :cool:
Post edited by germmaniac on

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like Come and Get it, for it's utility. It drags everything close to you so you can unleash aoe's on it.
  • germmaniacgermmaniac Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    I like Come and Get it, for it's utility. It drags everything close to you so you can unleash aoe's on it.
    Agreed. I used to like it in Mod 2. However, since I am a SM Destroyer build and have Battle Fury feated, I have been leaning towards it recently. And the stamina regain seems relevant if the changes to mod 4 requires Destroyers to sprint a lot. But we still have 4 weeks to go and nothing certain of which build/updates will go live in the next Mod. I also like the fact that it is a Party buff (albeit very very small..I do wish the party buff would be raised to 50%, up from 25%).
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah my opinion may change come next module when I go to SM myself from the look of things. Even if things change a bit though I think I'll be keeping CaGi available to be loaded in situationally.
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Yeah my opinion may change come next module when I go to SM myself from the look of things. Even if things change a bit though I think I'll be keeping CaGi available to be loaded in situationally.
    Agreed. Ultimately, it is whatever works best with your playstyle/rotation and build (if everything else is constant). Thanks for your input :)
    edited July 2014
    So anyone know if CaGI is a damage dealing skill? Following results were unfeated..
    [Combat (Self)] Your Restoring Strike deals 3097 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Come and Get It deals 977 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I suspect the second entry is simply the damage boost it gives you. Perhaps they apply it as a separate hit (i.e. using CAGI gives you a stack of 'cagi buff' which does a separate hit of 20% of whatever your next damaging attack does, with variation for arpen, rng and bad cryptic code).

You could test it by simply "not using any skill after cagi", and see if it still gives you combat log damage.

Also, try following cagi with something AoE like Frontline and see if the "Your Come and Get It deals.." message applies per target hit.
    edited July 2014
    morsitans wrote: »
    I suspect the second entry is simply the damage boost it gives you. Perhaps they apply it as a separate hit (i.e. using CAGI gives you a stack of 'cagi buff' which does a separate hit of 20% of whatever your next damaging attack does, with variation for arpen, rng and bad cryptic code).

You could test it by simply "not using any skill after cagi", and see if it still gives you combat log damage.

Also, try following cagi with something AoE like Frontline and see if the "Your Come and Get It deals.." message applies per target hit.

Thanks. That is a great suggestion and I will try it out (probably on Preview to ensure no other feats/boons interfere with this). Strangely though, if that were the case, Battle fury does not seem to follow this rule.
    Also, the first damage indicator seemed slightly higher than without CAGI (will have to check again) which is what led me to believe that the CaGI damage was already accounted for in it.

If anyone else has experienced this or would like to report their findings, please feel free to add to this topic.
    edited July 2014
    morsitans wrote: »

Confirmed. The CaGI damage shows on log only when followed by a skill. So this may be the damage boost from CaGI which shows separately.

Also, tried it with AoE and works exactly as you predicted.
    [Combat (Self)] Your Not so Fast deals 1600 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Come and Get It deals 1083 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Not so Fast deals 1456 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Come and Get It deals 1108 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Not so Fast deals 1609 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

[Combat (Self)] Your Come and Get It deals 972 Physical Damage to Target Dummy.

Thanks for the suggestions.