test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"The Empire", a new set for DC from the preview shard (description)

ohellkungoohellkungo Member Posts: 43 Arc User
edited July 2014 in The Temple
view here cuz i can't post more than 4 photo in the forum >.<
what do you think? it looks pretty nice to me though
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    OMG. A new DC set without lifesteal!
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This gear has absolutely 0 recovery on it. Why would any cleric want that? I like the set bonuses though. And yeah, lifesteal is next to useless for clerics too.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.
  • morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Recovery is fairly easy to stack (silvery = cheap), plus we have rising hope.

Most of the time I'm trying to lower my recovery.
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    This is a nice welcoming set for us ... considering the arpen fix in the upcoming module, which adds a nice value.
    I'd have to ask about the set bonus tho, is it from another cleric only? Or applies to self heal also? By how much? 20 means 20%? Kinda ambiguous as usual.. typical tooltip mastery being as vague as possible. But then again it's only in the preview, so i believe it will get better description once it hits live shard.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    probably reading the set bonus wrong:

You gain an Aura that increases the Healing Received from Cleric spells of allies within 50' by -20

1. Cleric spells of allies ....... not your own then?

2. within 50' by -20 ........ is this really minus 20 ?
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    From crytic mechanic, when we deal damage to a person it is a positive number, vice versa, if we heal an ally we are dealing negative damage to them. Gaining something is always negative numbers, like the AH bug in beta.

Recovery is useless for most DC, we overstacked it too much with our gear and artifact, and now we even got 250 more from boon.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    But I didnt pick that boon!

Regardless, does this heal only allies and not the cleric? If so, how is this better then MH? or even comparable. You can slot a few ARP enchants as well....

Not that I have any great faith that anything they are doing for the cleric is actually worthwhile.. My hopes for this class has been repeatedly bashed around for the last 6 months or so since I had it at 60 .. read the notes this morning, something about how chains is being fixed so it doesn't hit it outside its radius or something.. great, wonderful, how about making it work all the time for the people IN the radius ?

Ha...
  • mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Erm.. OK.

My thoughts: Pretty good for my DC but I have a really stupid build that capitalises on dps with no focus on recovery whatsoever. IF arpen is fixed I would consider it but then.. My corrupted set is really good for dps so maybe not.

As for the bonus.. What? Is that going to work for my own spells? If so.. very nice. If not.. Still sticking with corrupted.

Maybe it looks nice *shrug*
  • permag02permag02 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nobody noticed the overload slot.... Doesn't need empowering maybe?
    Equestrian Achievement Unlocked!
  • brush4toiletbrush4toilet Member Posts: 94 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    well, i'm afraid too this armour should be kept empowered...
  • cookiecrisp15cookiecrisp15 Banned Users Posts: 532 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    if its another decaying set im gona cut myself.
  • goldroger007goldroger007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    another useless armor for dc? arp only works for pvp, try saying on lfg "DPS DC lookin for T2s" and lets see who invite u to a party.and as i said arp only works for pvp and that armor deosnt even have hp/high defense/tenacity which are the only stats that make DC viable on pvp oh yea plus its trash set bonus xD
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This is a DC set for getting gloves and Main Hand much more easier in IWD.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Sigh more black-ice type sets... greaaat, I'm sure it's got a 30 second ICD on it as well...

Even if it doesn't decay the 2x set bonus (1% AP gain, which will probably be on every set for other classes too) is seriously <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yet another utterly useless set.

The fact is that at the high end, DCs are not really wanted for their healing in PvE groups, but for their buffing/debuffing. What this really means is that armor sets that help with healing are kind-of pointless, compared to armor sets that help with buffing/debuffing.

Unfortunately, the only armor set that really helps high-end DCs to do their job is the High Prophet - a humble T1 set. I really with they would understand that and give us a viable upgrade for that set instead of this <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I still dont have my MH or bracers and Ive given up.. I have enough resistance to run kessell if I want to on 3 of my toons, I equip it then unequip it again and use either mh or hp depending on the group.

I HATE the peck and poke search method of trying to get your gloves and main hand, just loathe the system.. so many top tier wins and just green rewards.
  • ohellkungoohellkungo Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    they should give us 3 different sets, actually. an upgrade version of High Prophet would be nice too.
  • spani4rdspani4rd Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 297 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Looks like it's just a completely uneeded PVE set, of course maybe they actually intend to try to make PVE difficult and somehow this set becomes more useful then other ones, don't really see it though.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    They way I see it....armor sets serve three different purposes:

PvP sets
    The empire set has no Tenacity, so it is obviously not a PvP set.

PvE solo sets
    The ArPen might be nice for a solo DC, but the set bonus is completely pointless for a solo set.

PvE group sets
    The set bonus might make sense for a PvE group set, but the stats are just wrong - I mean, when a DC is in a group, he/she is not there for DPS, but either for healing or for buffing/debuffing. What you would like in the armor set world be set bonuses that would help with those roles, and stats like Recovery, Crit and Power - ArPen and Life Steal are pretty much useless.

So, my conclusion is that the set misses the point completely - it is not a PvP set, not a good PvE solo set and not a good PvE group set. It is not a good set at all...and I really hope the set will not be required to unlock some area, like the Currupt/Purified Black Ice sets....it is very annoying to have to work so long for some inferior object.

I have said it before - what the DCs really need is a viable upgrade for the High Prophet set - a set that actually helps with buffing or debuffing. We have good PvP sets, we have good PvE Solo sets, we have good sets for PvE group purposes, specifically for healing, but the Empire set is just not good, not needed and not appreciated.

So, if you agree with me that the set is badly thought out, blease head over to the Preview forum, and complain in the DC feedback thread - if there are no complaints, there is no chance that this will be changed.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • arcanaxearcanaxe Member Posts: 192 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just another Dc set that nobody is going to use, just get it for the collection of it but that is about it. The max Arp that you want on a DC, if you play with it is 1k, but that is even debatable depending on your play style. The set bonus is horrible, not even worth while testing this armour.

It would be nice if they can make the option available like the did with the BI gear, which you can upgrade using your black ice, something similar to upgrade the current T1 & T2 sets to a T3 set.
  • sicxs666sicxs666 Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    This set :D

wondering what they smoke, need that too haha
  • fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like the set bonus maybe the healer cleric can become better. Anyone did some calculation on what -20 actually means?

On the stats: power en crit is very good for cleric although arpen is al little bit off its not that bad with all the diminisching returns i need other stats to spread out the points, with the armpen fix to many of our encounters maybe we can feel the difference more and its good for solo stuff.

im feeling bad comments coming on so want to close with: All this is just my humble opinion :D
  • fusionawesomefusionawesome Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just saw a dev post that arm pen gets changed into rec so thats good.
  • ohellkungoohellkungo Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just saw a dev post that arm pen gets changed into rec so thats good.
    EDIT: i thought he meant all sets, sorry. btw,