Install Arc

easy way to counter perma and be viable in pvp

13»

Comments

• mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    jazzfong wrote: »
    A non-skilled way to counter perma as a nub cleric:
    Stand there face tank him, see what skill he use, if he is purely perma then you just do zig zag jumping and pointless random run around the node. If he is a hybird, when he jump to you, you can either straight dodge or let him attack you. Cast Exaltation for immune after he is very close to you, you may avoid his lashing blade damage. DF has a slow casting animation, so you can differentiate DF and SF easily. If he use SF then just face tank him with Healing word and Astral Shield on you. If you use briartwine, then your astral seal heal will compensate the little damage he done to you. Learn to master these stuff, sent DC vs perma TR is always a good option if your team is weak.

it takes little to no skill
    to counter perma with gwf,hr,dc with top pvp specs off course.
    and even cw can win with the normal pvp gear
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    mxtime wrote: »
    it takes little to no skill
    to counter perma with gwf,hr,dc with top pvp specs off course.
    and even cw can win with the normal pvp gear

Poor permas.

I feel so bad for my class, it's so weak that now anybody can kill me.

Is there any chance TR gets some buffs to counter these classes better?
  • dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Poor permas.

I feel so bad for my class, it's so weak that now anybody can kill me.

Is there any chance TR gets some buffs to counter these classes better?

maybe, they can't kill, but they also can be unkillable.
    edited July 2014
    maybe, they can't kill, but they also can be unkillable.

yeah
    but in that case it should be called trickster.
    being perma and using only atwill to just stall..... pfffff were is the rogue part.

as it is trs dont even need to bring their weapons in premades just keep stealthed and quiet on cap

i rather play cw, have 4 encounters , and have fun
    which i intend to do when i save up some ad.
  • dustintheclouddustinthecloud Member Posts: 57 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yeah
    but in that case it should be called trickster.
    being perma and using only atwill to just stall..... pfffff were is the rogue part.

as it is trs dont even need to bring their weapons in premades just keep stealthed and quiet on cap

i rather play cw, have 4 encounters , and have fun
    which i intend to do when i save up some ad.

in fact, i've faced some of these tr's that just try to hold node...
    they try to stay on node unnoticed, and just trow a few daggers sometimes...
    and it works for wining a match a lot of times if pugging.. since if 3 or more guys from ur team try to catch that tr, the rest of his team takes the other 2 nodes....
    edited July 2014
    well its official i saw top tr which is in top 3 pages all the time (dont want to name)
    lose 1v1 from a cw with less gear .so thats not a skill thing any more
    cw with purified,even profound can beat tr 1v1 as long as they have bilethorn and pvp spec

why do cw insist to burst when they can have huge hp with 2k regeneration, huge cc,even sustained cc
    beats me

trs learned that long time ago
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    why do cw insist to burst when they can have huge hp with 2k regeneration, huge cc,even sustained cc
    beats me

Because they don't want to suck balls in PVE.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    well its official i saw top tr which is in top 3 pages all the time (dont want to name)
    lose 1v1 from a cw with less gear .so thats not a skill thing any more
    cw with purified,even profound can beat tr 1v1 as long as they have bilethorn and pvp spec

beats me

Because GWF.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
    edited July 2014
    benskix2 wrote: »
    Because they don't want to suck balls in PVE.

i can barely understand why not have bilethorn as cw but
    not to have pvp spec 35k plus hp is just crazy whaen its so easy to get.
    and dont put pve in this.no class is viable in pve pvp same time i dont see why cw should be.
  • shadowbunsliceshadowbunslice Member Posts: 175 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    i can barely understand why not have bilethorn as cw but
    not to have pvp spec 35k plus hp is just crazy whaen its so easy to get.
    and dont put pve in this.no class is viable in pve pvp same time i dont see why cw should be.

That would be because CWs OWN neverwinter pve, a pvp destroyer GWF doesn't really have to sacrifice much to be good at both. The sheer amount of cws in PVP is owed to how OP that class is in PVE. Speccing a cw for pvp doesn't make much sense. Don't get me wrong, there are some scary CWs in pvp. But it is rare to find a CW who both loves his class that much AND loves pvp that much. A quick look at the leaderboard would suggest CWs are at a disadvantage in pvp, no matter what they do.
    edited July 2014
    That would be because CWs OWN neverwinter pve, a pvp destroyer GWF doesn't really have to sacrifice much to be good at both. The sheer amount of cws in PVP is owed to how OP that class is in PVE. Speccing a cw for pvp doesn't make much sense. Don't get me wrong, there are some scary CWs in pvp. But it is rare to find a CW who both loves his class that much AND loves pvp that much. A quick look at the leaderboard would suggest CWs are at a disadvantage in pvp, no matter what they do.

because even the best cw cant cap 1v2
    in most cases gwf,hr and tr can.
    and that is what wins the matches in pug pvp.
    as cw u cant expect to be high on leaderbord but u can sure have fun and beat almost any class with
    same gear 1v1
    and its realy fun class to play if spec for pvp.
    so people are missing out
    pvp cw is still more viable in pve then any class in pve
  • proneificationproneification Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 494 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    A few days ago Disrespect fought Choco Shoppe and both teams had 2 CWs. One of them was streaming. He switched for a bilethorn orb and tried contesting with the perma a few times.

He died even with some sporadic help from his DC... absolutely no chances.

Now, I am not saying this method is bad. I am saying it's not efficient at the very top.

Do not forget. Permas deal with bilethorn very often. It's not that we gonna get scared and have a heart attack if a CW puts some stacks on our TR.

It might flush out n00bie TRs though... have fun at that.
  • cust0mxcust0mx Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    A few days ago Disrespect fought Choco Shoppe and both teams had 2 CWs. One of them was streaming. He switched for a bilethorn orb and tried contesting with the perma a few times.

He died even with some sporadic help from his DC... absolutely no chances.

Now, I am not saying this method is bad. I am saying it's not efficient at the very top.

Do not forget. Permas deal with bilethorn very often. It's not that we gonna get scared and have a heart attack if a CW puts some stacks on our TR.

It might flush out n00bie TRs though... have fun at that.

Hey man! Any vods to this match? twitch acc? PM me if its not allowed to post here please, would be much appreciated ty! :)

PS: yeah you still loose vs top TRs no matter what on CW

Edit: nvm, thx to critical help on his stream i found the vid!