test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Great Weapon Fighter Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• myrnymmyrnym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    Without TW and any CC or any DPS due this is what you meant when you answered what you did to me to that post... which is was i were reffering to (No players without any main encounters...)

If you think you need the powers you specified to kill anyone, then you're just wrong, since I and many other players do it every day. A super-bugged Roar and two prones are hardly necessary for a GWF to dish out damage or knock someone silly with CC. It's just less overtly OP for them now, since they can still prone, and still CC.

That any class should be without CC or DPS is absurd, though. HRs should have more than just 'roots', which they did, but then whoops CA nerfed to the ground. GFs should have more native DPS, but they don't, making them fairly useless vs. well-geared players beyond their amazing CC and damage-eating powers. GWFs, CWs and TRs already come equipped with great CC and DPS... ... .... and they don't need the exact same skill loadout to accomplish that, either, since each class has multiple strong CC and DPS encounter skills.

Warlock, meanwhile, lacks CC and quality escapes, so it's pretty boned from the getgo.

Anyway, if you're going to cling to 'one cookie-cutter build per class', then it's fairly clear that you aren't well-versed in PvP. The same skills are not the 'best' in every situation against every class; players will swap them out frequently based on the matchup.

But based on your lack of knowledge elsewhere on how to deal with TW (enemy HRs, TRs and CWs can laugh at it all day long while DPSing you), that makes sense.
  • peterspiegelpeterspiegel Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myrnym wrote: »
    If you think you need the powers you specified to kill anyone, then you're just wrong, since I and many other players do it every day. A super-bugged Roar and two prones are hardly necessary for a GWF to dish out damage or knock someone silly with CC. It's just less overtly OP for them now, since they can still prone, and still CC.

That any class should be without CC or DPS is absurd, though. HRs should have more than just 'roots', which they did, but then whoops CA nerfed to the ground. GFs should have more native DPS, but they don't, making them fairly useless vs. well-geared players beyond their amazing CC and damage-eating powers. GWFs, CWs and TRs already come equipped with great CC and DPS... ... .... and they don't need the exact same skill loadout to accomplish that, either, since each class has multiple strong CC and DPS encounter skills.

Warlock, meanwhile, lacks CC and quality escapes, so it's pretty boned from the getgo.

Anyway, if you're going to cling to 'one cookie-cutter build per class', then it's fairly clear that you aren't well-versed in PvP. The same skills are not the 'best' in every situation against every class; players will swap them out frequently based on the matchup.

But based on your lack of knowledge elsewhere on how to deal with TW (enemy HRs, TRs and CWs can laugh at it all day long while DPSing you), that makes sense.

Man, you can tell us your bla bla bla , but you dint prof anything , just that you're trying to say that GWF can do something without his controll skills , let me ask you something , did you tried test server these days ?

just take a look when i join the comunity and whe you did , all i can think is that you're flammer , are only here to annoy everyone with you're supositions , and you're broken conception of game mechanics ...
    edited July 2014
    Man, you can tell us your bla bla bla , but you dint prof anything , just that you're trying to say that GWF can do something without his controll skills , let me ask you something , did you tried test server this days ?

just take a look when i join the comunity and whe you did , all i can think is that you're flammer , are only here to annoy everyone with you're supositions , and you're broken conception of game mechanics ...

"If you really want to make a case against GWF vs. HR on Preview, you're going to need to post your exact build vs. their exact build and specify how they are killing you where they couldn't kill you before and how you are failing to kill them where you killed them before."

Ahem. I'm waiting.
    edited July 2014
    ok im wating for your GWF winning a fight against any class in this new module , you're not the one saying that im not good enough because i cant play without roar or takedown ? i dont need to show you any prof , while you're the one saying the opose .

if you want to know my gears here they are - Alistair Amak@peterspigel

now show me what you're saying in a video or something like it , because you're already losing your credibility ...
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    If you cannot post respectfully, then do not post at all. Read the Rules please. ~Zeb
    edited July 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    /snip

Loadout = skills. You're talking gear & feats. Unrelated and unimportant.

Smh.
    edited July 2014
    You said you can kill any other classes without any control (grasp, constricting, etc) or DPS encounters (rain of arrows, Thorn, etc).

Never stated.
    I just asked for a vid about that, just that.

A video of someone killing someone with only at-wills, then? Possible, but it requires favorable circumstances. ;)
    Asking for that in the first place shows how silly you are, though.
    The ball is on your side, proof you are right and im wrong and forget about all your chitchat, we just want to see a video about what you claimed.

Sorry, what are you asking me to prove? It's pretty unclear with all of your 'bla bla blah'.

I've asserted this:

1) GWFs can kill people without using Roar
    2) GWFs can kill people without Takedown doing a Prone
    3) HRs can kill people without Thorn Ward
    4) CWs can kill people without Shard of the Endless Avalanche
    5) TRs can kill people without Bait and Switch
    6) You don't need 'one specific loadout' in order to kill someone

If you think 3), 4), 5) or 6) is false, you're clearly inexperienced in PvP. When I offered to make video evidence of 3), you demurred and switched to a different request (of course).

If you'd like to contend that 1) or 2) are false, then you should show a video of yourself, as a GWF, failing to kill anyone in PvP while using those skills in their nerfed state on Preview.
    I will happily make a video of 1) and 2) being shown as true, on Live and on Preview.

All you've said so far is 'Show me a video of someone killing someone without CC or DPS', which is obviously absurd and obviously troll-behavior. You're implying that without a bugged Roar and prone on Takedown, GWFs have no CC, which is also clearly false.

So go ahead and ante up a real point on something, and/or real video evidence of yourself failing wildly to kill anyone on Preview while using the two nerfed skills and Unstoppable (along with screenshots of Gear and Build), or let's just forget about all of your "chitchat."
    edited July 2014
    Never stated.

A video of someone killing someone with only at-wills, then? Possible, but it requires favorable circumstances. ;)
    Asking for that in the first place shows how silly you are, though.

Sorry, what are you asking me to prove? It's pretty unclear with all of your 'bla bla blah'.

I've asserted this:

1) GWFs can kill people without using Roar
    2) GWFs can kill people without Takedown doing a Prone
    3) HRs can kill people without Thorn Ward
    4) CWs can kill people without Shard of the Endless Avalanche
    5) TRs can kill people without Bait and Switch
    6) You don't need 'one specific loadout' in order to kill someone

If you think 3), 4), 5) or 6) is false, you're clearly inexperienced in PvP. When I offered to make video evidence of 3), you demurred and switched to a different request (of course).

If you'd like to contend that 1) or 2) are false, then you should show a video of yourself, as a GWF, failing to kill anyone in PvP while using those skills in their nerfed state on Preview.
    I will happily make a video of 1) and 2) being shown as true, on Live and on Preview.

All you've said so far is 'Show me a video of someone killing someone without CC or DPS', which is obviously absurd and obviously troll-behavior. You're implying that without a bugged Roar and prone on Takedown, GWFs have no CC, which is also clearly false.

So go ahead and ante up a real point on something, and/or real video evidence of yourself failing wildly to kill anyone on Preview while using the two nerfed skills and Unstoppable (along with screenshots of Gear and Build), or let's just forget about all of your "chitchat."
    show me a video of u killing an equally geared player of any class with only using flourish for stunning and rest u can choose whatever u like but they shld not be any CC in them .
    u have been blabbing a lot , u say loadout = skill , in build everything is included from encounters to ur stats . and if u cant understand that , u calling us troll and twisting all facts to ur convenience .
    in ur video make sure the other player is equally geared and ur class is GWF using only florish and no takedown or roar.
    then we will see how much ur words are true , and dont twist the facts after this , till u present the video dont give any comment on how a GWF class shld be or not, without actual proofs.
    edited July 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    show me a video of u killing an equally geared player of any class with only using flourish for stunning and rest u can choose whatever u like but they shld not be any CC in them .
    u have been blabbing a lot , u say loadout = skill , in build everything is included from encounters to ur stats . and if u cant understand that , u calling us troll and twisting all facts to ur convenience .
    in ur video make sure the other player is equally geared and ur class is GWF using only florish and no takedown or roar.
    then we will see how much ur words are true , and dont twist the facts after this , till u present the video dont give any comment on how a GWF class shld be or not, without actual proofs.

Don't see any facts I've twisted, or why I have to restrict my loadout beyond what I've asserted.
    GWFs seem to be saying that 'omg I can't win in pvp without Takedown giving a prone and Roar being op-bugged'. I contend that's not true. Rather than delineate how GWFs are completely hamstrung in pvp with those nerfs, you've just attacked my 'words'.

Which shows an inability to defend the point of 'omg GWFs can't win in pvp without Takedown giving a prone and Roar being op-bugged'.

But sure, I'll defend my points with video. Feel free to counter with your own, but I doubt you will.
    edited July 2014
    1 - Yes, you did. Thats why im asking you for a vid about your feats, just proof us you are "a good HR" who can kill other classes without any CC and DPS damage as "good GWFs do" and as youself stated on your post on your own words. :) . I already said im a "bad GWF" due i use takedown, IBS and roar. You can shut my trap right here right now with a real proof instead with your babling and crying. :)

No, I never said good players don't use CC or DPS. That's absurd.
    I said good players don't need to rely on "_____" specific skills to win. Because they have other skills, in their class, that do DPS and CC.

I don't know why that's so difficult for you to grasp.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    General Moderator Notice:
    . . . Further disrespectful posts, such as name-calling and even discussing moderation, will now result in official infractions. We've been lenient long enough here and our mere notices are not being heeded. If one cannot post without calling names, insults, or other rude and derogative behavior... then do not post on these forums. Posting here is a privilege, not a right. Never-the-less, many thanks to those few who have indeed heeded our nice notices. Much appreciated!

. . . Do not reply to this moderator notice. Instead, contact us via Private Message to discuss forum moderation. Thanks! (Link to Rules)

Safe travels,
    Archmage Zebular of Mystryl

PWE Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Don't see any facts I've twisted, or why I have to restrict my loadout beyond what I've asserted.
    GWFs seem to be saying that 'omg I can't win in pvp without Takedown giving a prone and Roar being op-bugged'. I contend that's not true. Rather than delineate how GWFs are completely hamstrung in pvp with those nerfs, you've just attacked my 'words'.

Which shows an inability to defend the point of 'omg GWFs can't win in pvp without Takedown giving a prone and Roar being op-bugged'.

But sure, I'll defend my points with video. Feel free to counter with your own, but I doubt you will.
    u dont seem to play GWF i think.
    the IBS animation takes more than .66 sec to activate, means it need .66sec+ to do dmg after u press the button.
    and with tenacity and other control resist buffs coming from ability points and artifact the stun duration can go below .66 sec even if we r getting 2 sec stuns .
    so to actually able to land IBS on opponent we need prones cause thats the only sure fire way to dmg them.
    sure u can try with all powers u can think of but in the end they dont have as much dmg as IBS.
    when 1 isnt able to land his or her IBS we loose our chance to dmg them , with all stuns now there dmg is 3k-8k if it crits , and 500-1.5k as normal dmg against high geared players .
    only IBS has dmg which is 2k+ even when it doesnt crit.
    so for GWF stuns are useless , if u have ever seen SM GWF fight , there IBS are landed after takedown then using florish after that , the reason is as explained above .
    if some1 try there IBS after flourish , IBS will fail 3 out of 5 times.
    so plz learn to play GWF or show a video , where GWF is winning 1v1 in preview against any class with approx same loadout with only 1 stun as there stuning encounter.
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree to the point that takedown should knock players prone. Not just because of balance, but, gosh, its name is TAKEDOWN!

On the other hand, IBS is actually an AoE spell. Very small area but still noticable. That means that with proper timing u can hit enemies with it even if they escape ur cc early.
    Countless of times I recieved the dmg of IBS while i tried to run away from it.

One more point: the cooldown reduction of takedown is too much. In live if u miss u have 2 secs, meaning, I just spam takedown until I hit (even from range lol because of odd animation-hit-trigger-times), then time my roar, then IBS and the target has no chance to escape if hit from takedown. Cc chained all the way and it gets even worse when gwfs daily is up.

So most of the changes to gwfs are reasonable.

If takedown knocks prone, it should not has a shortened cooldown on a miss or with a feat.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Sorry for interruption, but DC don't use dps and cc powers in pvp. High end DC use 3 healing powers, 1 buff daily and 1 heal daily in pvp. We have very low dps and no solid cc powers, so don't say DC always slot dps and cc encounter in pvp. Thank you.

Oh yeah, we have no cc breaker too.
    edited July 2014
    I agree to the point that takedown should knock players prone. Not just because of balance, but, gosh, its name is TAKEDOWN!

On the other hand, IBS is actually an AoE spell. Very small area but still noticable. That means that with proper timing u can hit enemies with it even if they escape ur cc early.
    Countless of times I recieved the dmg of IBS while i tried to run away from it.

One more point: the cooldown reduction of takedown is too much. In live if u miss u have 2 secs, meaning, I just spam takedown until I hit (even from range lol because of odd animation-hit-trigger-times), then time my roar, then IBS and the target has no chance to escape if hit from takedown. Cc chained all the way and it gets even worse when gwfs daily is up.

So most of the changes to gwfs are reasonable.

If takedown knocks prone, it should not has a shortened cooldown on a miss or with a feat.
    takedown cooldown comes for destroyer feat. so after new module when every1 go being sentinel they will have normal cooldown so dont think ur argument is right.
    thats why non GWF player dont need to comment at feedback , cause they dont know what is GWF all about , all u see is GWF in PVP is OP, the GWF is a class for versatile function so ofc it will look good in PVP due to balance in everything , CW is for PVE so it is OP in PVE. but at the end of the day due to roar being bugged u guys made GWF nerfed down with ur unreasonable whining.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Read it again and understand it before talking about a thing i did not say. But like Saini said: going for close combat vs a GWF is not a really smart idea for a 16k CW... but, again, thanks for showing us your knowledge on PvP if you think Smigi is a good CW.

Severe reaction + plaguefire = permanent stamina pool = always have dodges. Just so happens the feat also requires you to be in close proximity to the opponent. There's more than one way to play CW.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So many misleading, uninformed posts about GWFs by people who clearly don't play it and didn't play it back before module 2/ iron vanguard...

First of all, it must be stated that what we talk about is, obviously, 1v1 situations.

Before Iron Vanguard path was introduced, Swordmaster sentinels needed a very specific setup and rotation in End-game to vs permastealth TRs and CWs. Mainly, we're talking about Bravery and Roar. Not cause Roar is bugged, but cause Roar even if not bugged was supposed to root enemies. Takedown and flourish ere not enough to catch up on a perma TR or a good CW. You would be kited forever. There was even a video of a GWF sentinel trying to vs a CW from Lemonade Stand old guild, and getting literally destroyed/ kited cause he was trying to just use flourish-takedown-IBS. GWFs used to go for Bravery (10% more run speed and deflect) and use roar to root the CW/ TR, then sprint, takedown and IBS. And nobody ever complained about it. Destroyers got shorter CDs on these 2 powers, but at the cost of a survivability loss.

Then we got Iron Vanguard and with threat rush and FLS, it was the age of unkitable sentinel tanks we all know.

Now, Flourish, if i recall well, got a range increase which is still not enough to compensate the very slow animation of the power. Plus the latest damage increase, which is useless if the power is too slow to connect and is easily dodged.
    CWs can dodge more than ever and permas are as dodgy as ever. Plus we have HRs now.
    GWFs do not survive as much as in module 1 cause regeneration is gone due to healing depression and are less capable to troll multiple enemies than a perma TR or pathfinder HR.

Now, IV nerfs on threat rush and FLS, plus JUST A FIX on Roar, would pretty much reset the whole picture, if we talk about kiting/ mobility, to how it was in module 1. Plus GWFs now can't regenerate forever. But hey, Destroyers got a damage boost. So let's nerf takedown damage and Unstoppable for Destroyers. Enough? No.

Take away all prones and further nerf Roar, taking away the rooting effect. Now this makes Roar worthless (chip damage and determination gain is not even good enough for PvE...) and leaves swordmasters with a pretty much useless flourish (any strong TR or CW can dodge it), a ubernerfed takedown, and IBS.
    Iron Vanguards with a 17 seconds cooldown ranged stun and 3 charges of threat rush, both ubernerfed in damage, and a ubernerfed takedown.

This is a lot more kitable than module 1 GWFs, even with new sprint stamina drain, since both takedown and flourish alone are easily dodged by CWs, TRs or HRs. Crescendo is a daily and leaves a room for GWFs to activate Unstoppable, or for TRs to activate ITC before the final blow lands to prone them.

If you can post a video of a GWF vsing a strong TR/ CW/ HR on preview and counter his kiting with flourish or takedown, i'll be happy to watch and learn.
    Else, please refrain from posting about stuff you may not really know...
  • osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    thats why non GWF player dont need to comment at feedback , cause they dont know what is GWF all about , all u see is GWF in PVP is OP, the GWF is a class for versatile function so ofc it will look good in PVP due to balance in everything , CW is for PVE so it is OP in PVE.

Just for ur information, I played a BiS gwf in pvp premades a long time. Not a pseudo BiS gwf who is specced for pve and just switches rings and armor and thinks hes a big player now.

I believe the method for balancing in this game is odd. I would always base changes on current gameplay dynamics instead of inventing whole new feats and mechanics.
    That beeing said, my feedback is based on the current situation on live.

The only real balance the gwf needs is a roar fix and maybe 3 charge of TR like on preview.
    U dont realize that I am on ur side.
    But I am also sick of whining gwfs of how they NEED things to compete. Thats so lol. Gwf is imbalanced as the HR is right now.
    But PLS stop that whining attitude. Bad playing gwf are wiping the floor with other classes just using the current cockie cutter destroyer build and button smashing. I litteraly roll my eyes 9 out of ten times when I see a gwf playing against an HR… because the gwf doent know AT ALL how to time encounters or position well.

Btw the comment about cw is pve class and gwf is pvp class… lol?
    edited July 2014
    I find this lot funny , most here that aprove the GWF changes for next module aren't GWF playrs or not even test it in test server , but still think this opinion is the greater , and its right , or just plays with a HR or TR , that loses sometimes for a GWF , what they want a game for TRs and HRs only , ok there is a certain usefor CWs And DCs in pvp , but none of the other classes are so Overpowered like Trs and HRs , only GWF could , but know after this new module , GWf 'll be the new GF , why cryptc spend his time and money to release a new class , is very clear that the game are focused on this 2 classes , if you guys stop and think , what nerf 'll happen to TR ? what balance is this ? even GF th most weak class in the game had a nerf on his shield , and what TR had ?

Now lets talk about HR , in his archery tree he now have 50% of cooldown reduction on its ranged atacks , but wait the other feat gives 50% more dmg in ranged skills, ok they changed one of his Feat path but to bring another Op construction , so whats left , CW were rearranged , but i cant say much about it because i dont playwith this one or even talk about DC , but i have all the other classes , and all i see is no hope for melee game play anymore
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    pando83 wrote: »
    So many misleading, uninformed posts about GWFs by people who clearly don't play it and didn't play it back before module 2/ iron vanguard...

First of all, it must be stated that what we talk about is, obviously, 1v1 situations.

Before Iron Vanguard path was introduced, Swordmaster sentinels needed a very specific setup and rotation in End-game to vs permastealth TRs and CWs. Mainly, we're talking about Bravery and Roar. Not cause Roar is bugged, but cause Roar even if not bugged was supposed to root enemies. Takedown and flourish ere not enough to catch up on a perma TR or a good CW. You would be kited forever. There was even a video of a GWF sentinel trying to vs a CW from Lemonade Stand old guild, and getting literally destroyed/ kited cause he was trying to just use flourish-takedown-IBS. GWFs used to go for Bravery (10% more run speed and deflect) and use roar to root the CW/ TR, then sprint, takedown and IBS. And nobody ever complained about it. Destroyers got shorter CDs on these 2 powers, but at the cost of a survivability loss.

Then we got Iron Vanguard and with threat rush and FLS, it was the age of unkitable sentinel tanks we all know.

Now, Flourish, if i recall well, got a range increase which is still not enough to compensate the very slow animation of the power. Plus the latest damage increase, which is useless if the power is too slow to connect and is easily dodged.
    CWs can dodge more than ever and permas are as dodgy as ever. Plus we have HRs now.
    GWFs do not survive as much as in module 1 cause regeneration is gone due to healing depression and are less capable to troll multiple enemies than a perma TR or pathfinder HR.

Now, IV nerfs on threat rush and FLS, plus JUST A FIX on Roar, would pretty much reset the whole picture, if we talk about kiting/ mobility, to how it was in module 1. Plus GWFs now can't regenerate forever. But hey, Destroyers got a damage boost. So let's nerf takedown damage and Unstoppable for Destroyers. Enough? No.

Take away all prones and further nerf Roar, taking away the rooting effect. Now this makes Roar worthless (chip damage and determination gain is not even good enough for PvE...) and leaves swordmasters with a pretty much useless flourish (any strong TR or CW can dodge it), a ubernerfed takedown, and IBS.
    Iron Vanguards with a 17 seconds cooldown ranged stun and 3 charges of threat rush, both ubernerfed in damage, and a ubernerfed takedown.

This is a lot more kitable than module 1 GWFs, even with new sprint stamina drain, since both takedown and flourish alone are easily dodged by CWs, TRs or HRs. Crescendo is a daily and leaves a room for GWFs to activate Unstoppable, or for TRs to activate ITC before the final blow lands to prone them.

If you can post a video of a GWF vsing a strong TR/ CW/ HR on preview and counter his kiting with flourish or takedown, i'll be happy to watch and learn.
    Else, please refrain from posting about stuff you may not really know...

^this is essentially what I've been saying from the start of this thread.
  • gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Severe reaction + plaguefire = permanent stamina pool = always have dodges. Just so happens the feat also requires you to be in close proximity to the opponent. There's more than one way to play CW.

I'm sorry, but you lost me. How does plaguefire grant stamina? Also, why did you post this in the GWF thread?
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    gabryel wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but you lost me. How does plaguefire grant stamina? Also, why did you post this in the GWF thread?

Was replying to a post in the GWF thread. Probably shouldn't but the posts haven't been moved to a better thread yet.

Severe Reaction - When struck you have a 15% chance to repel your attacker 1/2/3/4/5 feet and restore 2/4/6/8/10% of your stamina. This only works within 20 feet.

Just so happens that "when struck" also applies to DoT damage. So a constant pf burn is quite a decent stamina return for a CW with this feat. Gives them a bit more flexibility when engaging a GWF on node. While the ideal is obviously to try and land your rotation from a safe distance, a lot of the time you don't have the option and need to contest the point.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • gabryelgabryel Member Posts: 542 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Was replying to a post in the GWF thread. Probably shouldn't but the posts haven't been moved to a better thread yet.

Severe Reaction - When struck you have a 15% chance to repel your attacker 1/2/3/4/5 feet and restore 2/4/6/8/10% of your stamina. This only works within 20 feet.

Just so happens that "when struck" also applies to DoT damage. So a constant pf burn is quite a decent stamina return for a CW with this feat. Gives them a bit more flexibility when engaging a GWF on node. While the ideal is obviously to try and land your rotation from a safe distance, a lot of the time you don't have the option and need to contest the point.

Ok, I see the confusion. You meant when the CW is struck with Plaguefire. I thought you meant when the CW uses Severe Reaction and Plaguefire on his own weapons. A better phrasing may have been "severe reaaction + DoT damage on the CW".

For that matter, some Destro builds use "Deep Gash" to stack Destroyer's Purpose, which will also probably proc your CW's Severe Reaction.
    edited July 2014
    Right now, im waiting for 2 videos:
    One from Myrnym, who claimed he could kill any other class without any CC or DPS encounter (just with at-wills, burst damage encounters and escapes) and other from other user who claimed CN 4/4 in mod 4 can be done with a rainbow party when we have read the nerfs on GWFs and CWs... and i have plenty room here to wait for these videos.

You'll be waiting a long time if you think I said "no DPS or CC."

I said no "this specific skill" within the loadout, since you stated that "all pvpers used such and such exact loadout" and did not deviate.

HRs, for example, can use

Fox
    Marauder
    Constricting
    Thorn
    Hindering

to great effect (not counting more specific usage of other encounters). That's four loadouts, out of 5 skills, that don't involve Thorn Ward and can work well.

I can repeat the same for CW & GWF, but you're intensely focused on "no DPS or CC" for some reason (perhaps because you equate me deriding 'lazy cc chains' with me saying 'never use CC ever'). Takedown still stuns on Preview (ermahgerd it's still CC wow), don't need Roar (pointless anyway on Preview), etc... etc... etc....

But yeah, I'll do a vid of GWF PvP on Preview. It'll have CC and DPS, but it won't need Roar to do well. Because GWFs haven't needed Roar to do well in Mod3-onward.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Right now, im waiting for 2 videos:
    One from Myrnym, who claimed he could kill any other class without any CC or DPS encounter (just with at-wills, burst damage encounters and escapes) and other from other user who claimed CN 4/4 in mod 4 can be done with a rainbow party when we have read the nerfs on GWFs and CWs... and i have plenty room here to wait for these videos.

To be fair, its impossible to do CN at the moment in preview.