test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Crisis of Wilds Faith

myrnymmyrnym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
edited July 2014 in The Wilds
I read the GWF Feats and Skills for the first time yesterday... and saw all of their bonuses and multipliers...

... and now I don't know why anyone would play anything other than a GWF. How can any other class compete with those numbers in PvP?

Halp... I don't want to delete my HR.
Post edited by myrnym on

Comments

• tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    myrnym wrote: »
    I read the GWF Feats and Skills for the first time yesterday... and saw all of their bonuses and multipliers...

... and now I don't know why anyone would play anything other than a GWF. How can any other class compete with those numbers in PvP?

Halp... I don't want to delete my HR.

HR is actually the strongest PvP class right now.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • myrnymmyrnym Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 80
    edited July 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    HR is actually the strongest PvP class right now.

Can you convince me? I could really use some convincing right now.
  • sandstorm777sandstorm777 Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can you convince me? I could really use some convincing right now.

If you pvp you can easily see. But anyways, these are all pugs, 0 premades

vmzuk6.jpg

Taken from my PvP guide, which is just a few threads down
    edited July 2014
    Alright... I'll try out HR on the preview server again.
    Hasn't been looking very pretty so far, though.
    edited July 2014
    Alright... I'll try out HR on the preview server again.
    Hasn't been looking very pretty so far, though.

Try to improve your own personal skill. In the end, 9/10 times the more skilled person wins.
    edited July 2014
    Try to improve your own personal skill. In the end, 9/10 times the more skilled person wins.

That's helped me a ton on live, but the numbers I'm seeing on Preview have been very underwhelming so far.
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That's helped me a ton on live, but the numbers I'm seeing on Preview have been very underwhelming so far.

Your spec might be wrong. I was slaughtering people on PTR with archery spec and was still pretty tanky(basically felt like ranged version of current destroyer GWF) while I was incredibly tanky and still did great damage with hybrid combat/archery.
    edited July 2014
    Your spec might be wrong. I was slaughtering people on PTR with archery spec and was still pretty tanky(basically felt like ranged version of current destroyer GWF) while I was incredibly tanky and still did great damage with hybrid combat/archery.

Archery damage is incredible now, without a doubt. Not worried about that.

Why don't you post your hybrid spec and gear-build then?

And have you tried Trapper yet in PvP?
    edited July 2014
    Archery damage is incredible now, without a doubt. Not worried about that.

Why don't you post your hybrid spec and gear-build then?

And have you tried Trapper yet in PvP?
    Sure, here's a basic starting point then.

http://i.imgur.com/i6MgGCC.jpg
    Rank 9s and 10s

http://i.imgur.com/LZ3Y6C8.jpg
    Full archery. Was fun, although 2v1s are difficult.

As you can see, nothing all that special or different. Had to adjust my playstyle a little for archery tot ry and make best use of the distance damage buff while staying on node, but otherwise, pretty familiar territory.
    edited July 2014
    Sure, here's a basic starting point then.

http://i.imgur.com/i6MgGCC.jpg
    Rank 9s and 10s

http://i.imgur.com/LZ3Y6C8.jpg
    Full archery. Was fun, although 2v1s are difficult.

As you can see, nothing all that special or different. Had to adjust my playstyle a little for archery tot ry and make best use of the distance damage buff while staying on node, but otherwise, pretty familiar territory.

Thanks for that. I'm curious why you took Quarry instead of CD reduction, though.

Well, 2v1s vs. any classes that can consistently CC you / are well-geared are always difficult, in my experience.

Archery is working fine, though I'm still changing around Encounters a bunch since I'm used to switching between range and melee. It's Combat that I fail-planted with. I'll try Trapper more this weekend and see how it goes.
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for that. I'm curious why you took Quarry instead of CD reduction, though.

Well, 2v1s vs. any classes that can consistently CC you / are well-geared are always difficult, in my experience.

Archery is working fine, though I'm still changing around Encounters a bunch since I'm used to switching between range and melee. It's Combat that I fail-planted with. I'll try Trapper more this weekend and see how it goes.

Honestly I don't know why I picked up most of those. That was just how I had it setup when I logged onto PTR.
    I probably fiddled around with feats and gave it a go just to try out a few combinations of builds. It's the preview server, anything goes.

If I were to respec and play around again, I'd probably remove stillness of the forest and put it into bottomless quiver.
    edited July 2014
    Using Archery right now, def is a playstyle adjustment but if you're used to it it's only going to get stronger. HR is very playstyle dependent in my opinion. My build has been doing wonders for me, 25+:1 KDA ratios, can't wait until the buff.