What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Race spot

Comments

• charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Tee hee hee!

OK you need to spill it. You can't tease us with a laugh then leave.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    harnel wrote: »
    Not really? I mean they haven't hyped anything but the warlock class for Mod 4. We should reserve judgment on what isn't coming until we have proof it's not.

Also the announcement of a class has a much bigger impact on the game than a new race which is to a certain extent a cosmetic or role play feature.
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Well, looking at Dragonborn racial stats, it'll be "+2 charisma and +2 Strength OR Constitution". If nothing else, that means combat advantage and companion stat bonuses will be higher, meaning it'll be better for PvE. Still, I would agree with Ayroux here.

That said, I don't think that'll stop most people from rolling a Dragonborn GWF.

Only players that will roll DB GWF will be RPers. Im SO sick of playing halflings im looking for any "viable" excuse to swap...

I have 2 GFs 2 GWFs and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to swap out my halfling for a new viable race, even if its only slightly sub-par. But I definitely will not reroll a class to DB if its CHA/CON...

Who would have thought a halfling makes a better fighter than a dragonborn.......

Again to re-iterate:

Stats SHOULD be:
    + 2 COn

Option between: +2 STR or +2 CHA.

This makes it JUST as viable for the warlock class as it does for fighters... Why not make a race that benefits half your classes, and not just one? Stills follows PnP very closely and offers almost the exact same build options... Since CON = DMG for warlocks, almost all warlocks would end up choosing CON/CHA anyways on the old rolls... For CON/STR id consider this for a fighter. For CON/CHA youd be stupid to roll a fighter
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    panderus wrote: »
    Tee hee hee!

It's gnomes, right? It'd better **** well be gnomes. Dragonborn are stupid. ;P
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    There we go.

An anthropomorphic race to fulfill the desires of the furry community.
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • dawidinsandawidinsan Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    well if there are new races we need to have possibility to change the old one...
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    dawidinsan wrote: »
    well if there are new races we need to have possibility to change the old one...

You can , it's called rolling a new character , they won't even give us a way to change basic things like gender so they probably wouldn't let you change your entire race XD
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • tang56tang56 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    IAhML6w.png

Ty character creation bugs. Next race is dragonborn.
    RIP Neverwinter 26/06/2014
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    Any idea what the Racial Traits/Abilities are good sir? :)
    va8Ru.gif
  • vampirecavyvampirecavy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I am okay with Dragonborn, actually. The numerous Dovahkiin we'll see will fall into the same catagory as all the Drizz'ts that I see already: targets of mockery.
  • str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    That seems much more likely as a group of antagonists, rather than a playable race.

Agreed, Githyanki aren't Toril natives so they would make much better villains than allies(they wouldn't ally with mortals, regardless).

Dragonborn is starting to sound like a much more likely addition due to this new storyline with the dragon gods meddling on Toril (again). Gives them a great excuse to spawn more Dragonborn, making them a more common race (like influence from the hells caused increases in Teifling populations).
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • iceshard2faceiceshard2face Member Posts: 289 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    nice if they bring dragon born as a race then i suppose it's only a matter of time before we get paladins or if they introduce the aasimar
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    IAhML6w.png

Nope, next race is Gorn. By all accounts, Dragonborn is much different from that thing there. ;)
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Turtle head warlock?? I rather cover my head with my helm...
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    That doesn't even look like a dragonborn. Ew.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • dawidinsandawidinsan Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    You can , it's called rolling a new character , they won't even give us a way to change basic things like gender so they probably wouldn't let you change your entire race XD
    sure, thats also called lets waste purple companions, artifacts and collection etc. :]

new class looks... original xd
    edited July 2014
    Derptastic xD Zenimax apparently own the rights to the term 'Dragonborn' so I wonder if Cryptic will have to pay Zenimax to use the term? xD
  • charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Derptastic xD Zenimax apparently own the rights to the term 'Dragonborn' so I wonder if Cryptic will have to pay Zenimax to use the term? xD

I don't see how this could be true Dragonborn is in the 4e PHB released in 2008, Skyrim was released in 2011. If Zenimax wanted to sue or claim some kind of right to the term I think that alone would let a good lawyer eat them.
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    I don't see how this could be true Dragonborn is in the 4e PHB released in 2008, Skyrim was released in 2011. If Zenimax wanted to sue or claim some kind of right to the term I think that alone would let a good lawyer eat them.

Yeah that's what I thought but it looks like WotC didn't dispute the copyright claim , Zeni definitely have the trademark for Dragonborn ,it will be interesting to see if they try to act on Cryptic using the name .

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/dragonborn-trademark-filed-by-zenimax/096353
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It will be interesting to see if the Dragonborn get a race quest chain.

Hunters did not get a class quest chain, and there haven't been any fixes for the race quest chains broken by the Blacklake District revamp in Module 2.

I suppose non-repeatable quests that are limited to a subset of the playerbase are a low priority.
    Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    IAhML6w.png

This race doesnt look appealing to me - by far :D Well lets wait and see
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Tyranny of *DRAGONS*

could it possibly be... idk... maybe possibly Dragonborn?

http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Dragonborn_(3.5e_Race)
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The anticipation... it buuuurns!
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yeah that's what I thought but it looks like WotC didn't dispute the copyright claim , Zeni definitely have the trademark for Dragonborn ,it will be interesting to see if they try to act on Cryptic using the name .

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/dragonborn-trademark-filed-by-zenimax/096353

That and the Dragonborn in the Elderscrolls series is a sentient being with the blood of a dragon. In DnD it's literally a half man and half dragon.

Same name, but completely different things.
    ayroux wrote: »
    Only players that will roll DB GWF will be RPers. Im SO sick of playing halflings im looking for any "viable" excuse to swap...

I have 2 GFs 2 GWFs and would LOVE LOVE LOVE to swap out my halfling for a new viable race, even if its only slightly sub-par. But I definitely will not reroll a class to DB if its CHA/CON...

Who would have thought a halfling makes a better fighter than a dragonborn.......

Again to re-iterate:

Stats SHOULD be:
    + 2 COn

Option between: +2 STR or +2 CHA.

This makes it JUST as viable for the warlock class as it does for fighters... Why not make a race that benefits half your classes, and not just one? Stills follows PnP very closely and offers almost the exact same build options... Since CON = DMG for warlocks, almost all warlocks would end up choosing CON/CHA anyways on the old rolls... For CON/STR id consider this for a fighter. For CON/CHA youd be stupid to roll a fighter

According to the lore the Dragonborn race's primary role is to be a fighter. See the link in my post above to see their wiki page.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    IAhML6w.png

Some might say it looks like the beak of a chicken. A really awkward chicken. I sure hope the new race doesn't fall beside the Halfling in unattractiveness.
  • couatl13couatl13 Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Maybe the Devs are gonna fake us out and make us think we're gonna get the Dragonborn, when, in fact, they give us the Gnome!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4UqFPujRZWo
  • ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    According to the lore the Dragonborn race's primary role is to be a fighter. See the link in my post above to see their wiki page.

Well what fighter is going to roll DB if the stats are CHA/CON.... Maybe on PnP it makes sense but not in this game....

It just blows my mind that halflings get the BEST rolls/racials for fighters....

Con/Dex PLUS CC resist AND deflect? What they need to do is NOT nerf that race (nerfs are never the solution IMO) but make MORE races viable...

DragonBorn should get +4 AC

DragonBorn SHOULD get a choice between +2 CON +2 STR OR +2 Con +2 CHA (for non-fighters)

Now THIS makes a formidable fighter class...
    edited July 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    That and the Dragonborn in the Elderscrolls series is a sentient being with the blood of a dragon. In DnD it's literally a half man and half dragon.

Same name, but completely different things.

It is the word they have trademarked , not the thing the word describes , look under Mark information-

http://tsdr.uspto.gov/#caseNumber=85626061&caseType=SERIAL_NO&searchType=statusSearch
  • adernathadernath Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    the Elves have been smushed together (finally) to make way for a new race on the bottom right! and if speculation holds true, said new race is going to be Dragonborn. Get hype!

But the drow have still some extra place... IMO they should put all elven races together.
    Suggestions to improve NW:
    - Dualspec
    - Better rewarding foundry and foundry pvp maps
    - Custom PvP leagues with leaderboards instead of the current 'matchmaking'.
    - Armory
    - make jumping cost stamina (to reduce hopping in pvp)
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Just to prove you wrong they made the token....either its Ironic magic or the Devs like to mess with you!