test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Black Ice Capades - new quest needs reviews/review trades

wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Hi, I finally finished and published my next quest. It is a straight forward hack-n-slash. Not much story. Meant for getting drops for special events (like the fireworks), foundry dailies, and general low-key adventuring in an icy set of zones.

Please give it a shot and let me know if there are any bugs, improvements, or anything.

Black Ice Capades NW-DNOZ488LI

Thanks, and I'm am always up for trading reviews so we can help each other out of beta obscurity.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I only have 2 plays so far, so I could use a hand getting it out of beta. I'm happy to trade a review for a review.

Thanks.
  • daikenurmouthdaikenurmouth Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Trying it now! Chapters 1 and 2 of my Campaign are out Try them and provide Feedback please! NWS-DBJ6IJPUL, NW-DS8ASIEED, NW-DNWJUMQVK
    edited July 2014
    I played the 1st one. Interesting story. I suggested adding some new patrols to the rooms so there is less running back and forth with nothing happening. Also it would help to give a little more story/motivation at the beginning for why I'm risking my life in this cavern. Not a ton more, just a bit. Maybe the guard is a buddy or something. But that is a minor point.
    edited July 2014
    Yeah honestly, I kinda made the Quest description what an initial NPC would most likely say to the player as to what initiates the the player heading to the house, I've been thinking of changing that, but SO many Foundry quests start by talking to that guy in Enclave heh.

I did had 2 new encounters that spawn after triggering the Glyphs on the far right and left sides respectively though, good look. Also pulled the Drider spawn out a little bit, i think they were bugged on the door.

Try the second one out ideally if you could! That one is still stuck in the Review tab atm, It needs Dialogue added, but everything else is pretty much done.
    edited July 2014
    I wanted to play the first one first, then ran out of time :) I'll hit the 2nd one today hopefully.
    edited July 2014
    I tried the 2nd one and got stuck on the jumping puzzle in the first cave. There is one spot I couldn't cross. I found it very frustrating that I had to die every time. Dying on a jumping puzzle isn't fun. Some people don't like jump puzzles, so you should warn players before they take the quest, so they don't feel like they wasted time when they get there and quit the quest.

At the very least, make the jumps not kill you if you miss. You should have to restart the puzzle, but not get an injury and have to wait around or use a kit. Check out my jumping puzzle in A Kidnapping in Blacklake. It is in the last map off the golden path.

Also, I would suggest making an alternate route. One route is a jumping puzzle and the other is some tough encounters. Then people can bypass the tough fight or bypass the jumps.
    edited July 2014
    I moved the platforms a little closer together and removed the Spikes shooting through one of them. Hopefully it makes it a little easier. Workin out the dialogue then i'll add in that alternate path idea, i like it.
    edited July 2014
    Cool! Hit me up when it is ready and you want me to give it another shot.
  • jenazulajenazula Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi Wininoid - I reviewed Black Ice Capades earlier today. It was just as advertised, a thrash 'em, smash 'em quest. But -- I did get a rare drop from one of the PVPer's so thanks for that. ;)

I thought the dialog was funny. Anyway, I have my first two quests in beta now, Morganna's Necklace and Your First Adventure, so I'd really appreciate honest feedback and reviews.

Thanks!
    edited July 2014
    Thanks! I'll check yours out. Do you happen to have the short codes? That is usually the easiest way to find quests.
    edited July 2014
    Thanks everyone who helped get this quest out of beta-invisibility!