test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Looking to trade reviews

gapaldurgapaldur Member Posts: 13
edited July 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Hi Forum. I have just got back to Neverwinter after a year break. I got my old foundry up an running an have done some tweaking to it.
I am looking for feed back good or bad. I am willing to Trade reviews of course, just leave me a description an your NW-Code.
I will check back here daily an will review as quick as i can for anyone that has reviewed mine.

Valley of the dead
NW-DCRYA3XVJ

Looking for real concrete criticism. If you loved it or hate it please let me know why.
PS: Don't hold back i can take it..
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• jenazulajenazula Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Greetings!

I started your quest, but I haven't been able to finish it yet. I've killed the commanders, and I'm in the cave. Tough bosses and I've taken a couple of nasty falls.

I have to run on pretty low graphic settings; you might want to consider some invisible walls around the fights so we don't have the risk of falling while we fight tough mobs. IMO it just becomes frustrating, just because it's really, really, hard to see where the holes are.

Beautiful design on the commanders area. The fights are VERY challenging, but in a good way. Throwing those traps in there is a nice effect.

I think it is a little too long. I'm not sure how much longer it goes after where I'm at, but maybe break it up in a few quests, and do the whole thing as a campaign?

Overall good design and use of effects. I personally found the storyline a little hard to follow, though. When (if) I finish I'll give it 4 stars.

I have two quests in beta and would greatly appreciate playthroughs and reviews. Just search for "Jenazula" and they will come right up.

Thanks for the quest. I can see you put in a lot of effort.
  • daikenurmouthdaikenurmouth Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm in the same boat as you Gap. I just came back after a year and am lookin to get my projects out of the abyss/review tabs. Give them a shot and i'll give yours a shot in a little bit, Same for you, Jena. Let me know what you guys think!

Just search Author zlainfurry, that's my main account. Ch2 is still in the Review tab and is what i'm focusing on now but don't forget to play part 1 so you have an idea of what's going on!
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hey, I just finished with a level 60 cleric. Nice level design and interesting story, but the encounters would benefit from some tuning.

-Lots of repeats of the same monsters, especially the ones that suck you in. That got old, especially when more than one at a time.
    -Some fights were tediously hard, requiring lots of running around and potion burning. Then others were far too easy. I suggest more variety and avoid the ones stacked with creatures that knock you around/down.
    -The commanders area was kinda plain. With those long corridors to run through with nothing to see or do, it should either be shorter, or add some visual stuff to keep me ooohing and ahhing as I run. Think of it like a Disneyland ride. If there are things to look at, I don't notice that I'm in a long line.

Keep at it, or leave it as is and see what others think and work on the next one. :)

I have a quest that needs some reviews to get out of beta: Black Ice Capades NW-DNOZ488LI

Thanks,
    --Winin
  • gapaldurgapaldur Member Posts: 13
    edited July 2014
    Thank you all for your feed back. the point of the holes in the ground was to add more difficulty. if you dont have a knock back or pull in stay away from the holes lol. the messege i put in with start of the story says. the enviroment can be used to help you or hinder you. i am sorry if that kills the feeling for you but i do thank you for you feed back on that topic. as for different mobs / abilitys. i found it very annoying to go back an change the look of monsters just for different abilitys but if you set it to hard difficulty there is a bit more veriety. in future i will take the time to change that up a bit. as for weak / hard combat. the hard combat is meant as mini boss's. an when you first enter the cave you can knock or pull both the pullers into the pit or get pulled in yourself. so i kinda see what you mean about difficulty. most people just wanna rush through a 15 min foundry no issues. i did make this foundry at the time that i though there would be more to give back to the players that played it. now a days its hard to even get people to play a 15 min version. i like your idea of spliting it up into parts but then it would be too short. for the 15 min mark. so i really do thank you all for your feed back an in future i will do things different. i think i will leave this as is for person that want to challenge themselfs. an wini i will check your foundry out as soon as i can. anyone else that needs reviews plz leave your NW -code so i can track it easy. thank you for everything.
  • wininoidwininoid Member Posts: 534 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You could note in your description that it is challenging for a solo and ideal for groups. Maybe you did say that and I forgot. I've been playing a bunch of Beta quests lately.

I used the holes and knockbacks, so I didn't mind that part. It was mostly the same mob over and over that I noticed as a problem. It isn't about rushing through a 15 min quest with no problems, at least for me. It is about fighting the same battle over and over. I expect that in a grind quest, but yours seems more story oriented. I liked that the commanders were different encounters.

But yeah, I wouldn't suggest changing this one, my suggestions were more feedback for your next one. Try different style quests and see which ones get better reactions/more plays.
    edited July 2014
    Hi Winin - I played and reviewed Black Ice Capades earlier today. I've added some objectives to Morganna's Necklace and Your First Adventure. I HOPE I've got them up to 15 minutes, lol.

I'm going to do Kidnapping in Black Lake tomorrow. I would really appreciate it if you would kindly play through both of mine and give me feedback. I'm a newbie, so constructive feedback is welcome!

Thanks!
    edited July 2014
    Yes, I appreciate the intent of using the terrain to add challenge to a fight. I wouldn't mind it so much if I could just see where it is. Like I said, I'm running on pretty low graphics -- so it's probably not a problem for people with better graphics.

A suggestion for the running back from each of the commanders encounters -- could you just put portals behind the commanders that link back to the center section so we don't have to run back from each encounter?