test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Great Weapon Fighter Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    clonkyo1 wrote: »
    WRONG! other classes-players should not give feedback on us due other classes-players dont know how our class works.

Even if I do not understand every part of the gwf I can still draw some conclusions which from my understanding is feedback. Also where is it that people are not supposed to post about another class other than their main? I do not mean any rudeness by this but I have not seen anywhere where this is a rule.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • saini50990saini50990 Member Posts: 309 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    Yes and that has its own drawbacks we cannot use encounters/dailies while blocking and all you need to do is get behind us.

edit: block only has cc immunity in the direction the shield is pointed with a 180 degree arc in front.
    even we cant <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> attack behind us every 1 has to position themself , so stop telling 180 degree stuff. u can remove that thing by not standing in center and be near a wall covering u , so stop giving useless feedback , and use ur block on main powers instead of sure strike all the time.
    u dont know how to play ur class and u came whining here.
    and feed back like GWF is OP when its actually unbalance match in PVP , each class is capable of killing 1v1 , and many times its GWF who die against TR , HR , CW and cant kill DC if they r asme well equipped as GWF , so dont cry GWF is op when u dont know ****.
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    gabryel wrote: »
    In your scenario, the GWF would Sprint around taking damage and not attacking, to charge his determination so he can attack again? That GWF would be laughed at by all the other GWFs and told to reroll another class.

Laughed at by other GWF's maybe... but every other class will cringe at the OPness!

Seriously though, this seems like a step in the wrong direction. Played with my GWF and against a few GWF's on test and they seemed fine. Like really, really, Ok. Not sure why this is getting buffed.

Am I missing something? I don't see it.
    Enemy Team
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    Laughed at by other GWF's maybe... but every other class will cringe at the OPness!

Seriously though, this seems like a step in the wrong direction. Played with my GWF and against a few GWF's on test and they seemed fine. Like really, really, Ok. Not sure why this is getting buffed.

Am I missing something? I don't see it.

An honest GWF! Who knows why a spammable crazy ability needed to be buffed back towards where it is now!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • dam182dam182 Member Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    Dude, that's the problem there... you GWF players stabilished a coorporativism to prevent the awesomeness of your class to be put in line. In a game design, I really think its a challenge to the developers to, dispite the high level of whinning, to create a especific role to GWF, right now it's possible, not optimal, to run a 5 gwf dungeon run, because the class fill in every role. The philosophy of the changes is nerfish, you are doing too much, everywhere.

In PVP, I am a 16k gs HR, 38k hp, profound, combat spec, and I really don't know how to survive melee combat against your GWF rotation of 10k takedown, 17k IBS, and 9k FLS. Yes, HRs can run for their lives, be annoying as hell and die slowly, but die. Maybe some Godly HR, like woadloc (the best i've seen) could really challenge a equally godly GWF, don't know. The thing I know is that I critically shotted a aimed shot at a unstoppable gwf for 464, don't know how it was possible... even with cleric.

That said, the feedback of everyone should be respected, 'cause we all will be interacting with your class frequently.

The CC + DR on sprint, in conjunction with it's new cost, considering the increased casting times of CWs and the lower control overall could make a good GWF player immune to control for too long, I would consider this to be a change.

Cheers
    edited July 2014
    so let me get you straight you halfassed whiners
    you demand all the nerfs to gwf as you compare the GWF from LIVE WITH the GF on LIVE , but you forgot that GF on PREVIEW has some pretty good changes , a Gf that can attain 60k hp is pretty nice thing to have... so stop sayin that GWF IS OP as you only demand the nerfs so that when mod 4 will come the gwf will be weaker and not even close to the GF from preview... so please restrain your urges as we GWF players dont defend our class to be OP in any way, as you , some of you are blind enough to not read ayourx posts as he stated something that has sense... thats it...
    crush i am lookin forward to more changes... and if you can READ my post, say something about PREFERCT ELVEN BATTLE, as i tried to post on other threads but didn't got a response... i know askin about ench here isn't the right place , but it's something good to know for future builds for GWF , as we already have NEGATION,BARKSHIELD, soulforge, makin ELVEN battle work will bring more diversifity to the GWF CLASS.

We got some decent changes, but none are set yet. Our Guard mechanic is NOT good atm... yet the very reason GWF was toned down, is being reverted before our eyes as Unstoppable gets buffed, and buffed more each day! DPS class should not have that much immunity and damage mitigation. Thats what we are griping about! We don't care if you hit for 30k as long as you can be killed... but 2 free immunities , lower sprint cost, extra Defensive boosts and spammable Unstoppable? Gimme a break!

Heavens Forbid a GWF ~ be rooted or cc for a moment in time OMG the travesty of it all...

edited July 2014
    Offensive!
    u have been offending all GWF with ur comments on nerf when u cant play ur own class and irony is that ur see my cimple comment about to push ur feedback in ur own section instead of trolling here.

ripyourlipsoff=troll
    edited July 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    I only questioned the change of having unstoppable going back to the current live dr reason in point was yes you lost 5% at most but you got a serious buff to sprint, to me if you use sprint more proactively to mitigate damage it is going to be silly to fight any gwf if unstoppable stays the same for dr. As any kind of telegraphed attacked you see coming and unstoppable is done you just need to sprint and you gain dr and cc immunity, this is what I see as the coming strategy for most if not all gwfs in mod 4. If you think there was a reason to buffing sprint in this way and having unstoppable lowered I thought it was fine at 10-20% but now with it going back to 15-30% you can have 30% dr mitigation on demand most of the time. Yes determination is lowered but if you are smart about it get more stamina regen into your build and you will reap the benefits of the new sprint. That is all I have to say as this is focused on the dr aspects nothing else.
    shall we say same can be said about GF and ask for them to revert the block as it is now , if all GWF go for more stamina base build they loose there defense and offense , u cant get other things without sacrificing other things.
  • effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    let me post again to illuminate some other classes ....that HR claiming he has 38 K hp in pvp and still dies, he's clearly lying and bringing Fake feedback , i played against most HR(from page1,page2 leaderboard) and i can say , me with r9 cannt beat a hr with r7 on him ... why? because he has 6 encountrs, i have 3 , ROAR /Takedown / IBS are my encountrs and they doesn't work as it works on a TR , so saying you get those crits, you make me laugh, you get those crits if you wear GREEN items... the max i critted with IBS on a well made HR was around 5-6k , and using ROAR/TAKEdown is pretty hard to stun them,more harder than on a TR waitin to lose is ITC...

the DR on unstopable should be 15-30% because you dont always get 30% , it's bettween 15-30% , so nerfing ROAR too that helped the GWF to stay alive and Determination, from these changes it's clearly that we are killable at this point playing the same build as we do ... and with this changes GWF are forced to divide how they play, goin SENTINEL or keepin DESTROYER, the bonus on sprint belive me it won't make us GODS , i can bet with all of you 1kk AD that GWF will be on the same level with GF or even weaker on 1vs1 ..

oh , and gainin stamina regen and other things, that means what? that you sacrifice other points , goin CON / STR , you lose deflect/crit/aoe resistance .. that aren't a valide options... not to say sprint won't do damage so it will be someth that gives more durability ... can you not simulate a fight between a gwf vs tr / hr / cw / at all ?
    edited July 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    shall we say same can be said about GF and ask for them to revert the block as it is now , if all GWF go for more stamina base build they loose there defense and offense , u cant get other things without sacrificing other things.

Yes I sacrifice a lot for my damage currently but I welcome the change to block for many reasons as it will scale and have things working in a more fluid fashion instead of spikes which is how it currently is. Also I am not that tanky I had to discard any investment into deflect to get my damage and still will in preview but to compensate you need lifesteal(relying on fighters recovery does work but it is not as easy to get the benefits pvp) as any dps should if they want to survive especially pve(works for pvp with endless consumption).

Also for stamina all you need are t5 sharandar boon(10%) and iwd t2 boon(3%) along with hr and ravenskull artifacts which adds about 3.5 - 10% depending on refinement rank. this is without changing any gear other than 2 artifacts and most already have ravenskull.
    edited July 2014
    let me post again to illuminate some other classes ....that HR claiming he has 38 K hp in pvp and still dies, he's clearly lying and bringing Fake feedback , i played against most HR(from page1,page2 leaderboard) and i can say , me with r9 cannt beat a hr with r7 on him ... why? because he has 6 encountrs, i have 3 , ROAR /Takedown / IBS are my encountrs and they doesn't work as it works on a TR , so saying you get those crits, you make me laugh, you get those crits if you wear GREEN items... the max i critted with IBS on a well made HR was around 5-6k , and using ROAR/TAKEdown is pretty hard to stun them,more harder than on a TR waitin to lose is ITC...

the DR on unstopable should be 15-30% because you dont always get 30% , it's bettween 15-30% , so nerfing ROAR too that helped the GWF to stay alive and Determination, from these changes it's clearly that we are killable at this point playing the same build as we do ... and with this changes GWF are forced to divide how they play, goin SENTINEL or keepin DESTROYER, the bonus on sprint belive me it won't make us GODS , i can bet with all of you 1kk AD that GWF will be on the same level with GF or even weaker on 1vs1 ..

oh , and gainin stamina regen and other things, that means what? that you sacrifice other points , goin CON / STR , you lose deflect/crit/aoe resistance .. that aren't a valide options... not to say sprint won't do damage so it will be someth that gives more durability ... can you not simulate a fight between a gwf vs tr / hr / cw / at all ?

You can bet and I'll take all your AD! I play on preview and GWFs in the IWD domination area I see no difference whatsoever. They deal massive burst can run away when in danger and maybe take a little more damage.

edited July 2014
    ROFLMAO!!!!! GWF are lucky if they get 30% DR on LIVE!.

I am basing this statement on the change of sprint not so much unstoppable because most of the hits you want to mitigate are going to be telegraphed all you have to do is use sprint and mitigate that is all. This is not based on what live is but my predictions on mod 4 which may become irrelevant but to me atm are something I consider to be the new defensive meta for gwfs, sprint.
    edited July 2014
    ROFLMAO!!!!! GWF are lucky if they get 30% DR on LIVE!.

Um did you read the tooltip? GWF average in DPS gear 35% DR base along with 25%-35% deflection already... then add Sprint immunity and DR mitigation and a spammable Unstoppable thats a lot of denfensive resist, wjile being almost un CCable!

Clipboard01.jpg

edited July 2014
    You can bet and I'll take all your AD! I play on preview and GWFs in the IWD domination area I see no difference whatsoever. They deal massive burst can run away when in danger and maybe take a little more damage.

thats because you playin in icewind pvp, where all of them are using companions/active bonuses , that ain't any way to compare the classes... it should compare by simulating 1vs1 on a node cause that's the idea ..
    and yeah you can get alot of stamina... but wth man ? you dont understand that you will lose other stats as deflect/defense/regen / power if you go that path , for what? to run 2-3 seconds more than you used to ? no gwf will be mentally sane to do that...
    i heard 2 days ago on a pvp match that a GWF said that "dont worry i will kite them" and he was god **** serious...
    and guys, fightin a close combat as i am using encounters/at wills and i can sprint? wtf ? i can attack movin? didn't know that, teach me more of this GWF you imagine...
    the changes for STAMINA is to close the gap between enemies... CC immunity my *** ...
    i have 23% from ten / 4% from class / 10% from race gettin another 30% wont' change a god **** thing ...
    and you forgot the armor pen from other classes skills ... let's just say i go sentinel with no damage... so i have 45% DR and gain 40-80% ( dont know how its sentinel aegist atm) and you are a CW , and most CW have around 2k armor pen, so tell me you smart asses how can i defeat him , as he can debuff me very easily , and if he puts high vizier stealin 450 defense from me, and that stacks 3 times smart asses , i am dead as i wont do any damage... oh and he'll be using ring of dexterous/sinsiter as many of you dont know about these rings, you can get 650 tenacity from this 2 rings alone.. and plaguefire as weapon ench ... here it goes all the debuffs needed..
  • shamgar4shamgar4 Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Can't attack while using a DR ability... wow that sounds like block. Oh wait, that is your second, crappy DR ability... lol.
  • sancidsancid Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    25-35% deflect, lmao, mine is like 8, and I'll lose a ton of dps changing to spec more
    edited July 2014
    sancid wrote: »
    25-35% deflect, lmao, mine is like 8, and I'll lose a ton of dps changing to spec more

You don't have any Dexterity but your base race roll? I find that very very hard to believe... Are you running around with no gear? just with gear you'll be in the 15-20%.

edited July 2014
    ttwo both idot GF who dont know how to play there own class adn dont know anything about GWF
    in mod 4
    1> GWF IV path has all its main encounters and at-will nefed by 35% ( includes takedown , threatning rush(with 3 charges), FS)
    2> no prones only stun so no IBS will strike any avg player what so ever u try , only hit **** players.
    3> sent has no dmg and u crying GWF has dmg , its cause of destroyer purpose which they cant use as sentinel, all PVP GWF will use sentinel path so no actual DPS but meatbag.
    4> no GWF use sprint to dodge , its response time is more than .5sec and rubberbands so useless.
    5> every class can kill GWF in preview , 18k GWF can be killed by all class (15k+). except DC but also cant kill them.
    6> no GWF want sprint DR .(cant say its a nice addition but all other class have dodge mechanics except GWF [GF block and dont cry ur block is insufficient , u can cry about that in ur own feedback])
    7> GWF detremination generation is nerfed too.
    8> GWF are used as neat shield in all dungeons and PVP too. they rush and strike first to get aggro.
    9> and the new dungeon need GF and since u havent tried it u dont know ****. GWF takes a dmg of 20k+ in single strike from mobs.
    10> lifesteal dont work in PVp , the only class use lifesteal in PVP is TR. all classes reap the same benefit of regeneration so u cant cry GWF heals more.
    edited July 2014
    thats because you playin in icewind pvp, where all of them are using companions/active bonuses , that ain't any way to compare the classes... it should compare by simulating 1vs1 on a node cause that's the idea ..
    and yeah you can get alot of stamina... but wth man ? you dont understand that you will lose other stats as deflect/defense/regen / power if you go that path , for what? to run 2-3 seconds more than you used to ? no gwf will be mentally sane to do that...
    i heard 2 days ago on a pvp match that a GWF said that "dont worry i will kite them" and he was god **** serious...
    and guys, fightin a close combat as i am using encounters/at wills and i can sprint? wtf ? i can attack movin? didn't know that, teach me more of this GWF you imagine...
    the changes for STAMINA is to close the gap between enemies... CC immunity my *** ...
    i have 23% from ten / 4% from class / 10% from race gettin another 30% wont' change a god **** thing ...
    and you forgot the armor pen from other classes skills ... let's just say i go sentinel with no damage... so i have 45% DR and gain 40-80% ( dont know how its sentinel aegist atm) and you are a CW , and most CW have around 2k armor pen, so tell me you smart asses how can i defeat him , as he can debuff me very easily , and if he puts high vizier stealin 450 defense from me, and that stacks 3 times smart asses , i am dead as i wont do any damage... oh and he'll be using ring of dexterous/sinsiter as many of you dont know about these rings, you can get 650 tenacity from this 2 rings alone.. and plaguefire as weapon ench ... here it goes all the debuffs needed..

I / we had companions too! You can't spec for DPS awesomeness and expect to be able to tank 2-3 people like live anymore. I think you guys are tainted by having been able to do so for so **** long you've all become complacent to the fact that the GWF has and is OP! You actually all believe you should be able to kill 2 people while tanking the damage of 3 people and run away like nothing happen... Thats not how the class is supposed to work!

• midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    saini50990 wrote: »
    9> and the new dungeon need GF and since u havent tried it u dont know ****. GWF takes a dmg of 20k+ in single strike from mobs.

I can actually confirm this to an extent. I tried the epic version of the new dungeon to see how it was and died in under a second from the first group (I was the first to reach the group and tried to get aggro since the rest of the party was CW/HR/DC); I didn't even have time to react to it on my GWF before I was eating dirt. This was on a PvE spec on Destroyer with ~27-28k HP (can't remember, haven't logged in since the last patch on preview). After that, if I wanted to go to a group of mobs first, I always used Avalanche of Steel or immediately proned them with FLS :P.
    edited July 2014
    I / we had companions too! You can't spec for DPS awesomeness and expect to be able to tank 2-3 people like live anymore. I think you guys are tainted by having been able to do so for so **** long you've all become complacent to the fact that the GWF has and is OP! You actually all believe you should be able to kill 2 people while tanking the damage of 3 people and run away like nothing happen... Thats not how the class is supposed to work!
    TR CW HR DC can tank way more than GWF and GF can tank same amount in preview , so why troll here .
    edited July 2014

i think you stay bad at english, i said playing with companions doesn't define in icewind who is the winner in domination..
    we GWF TALKED WHAT WAS NEEDED TO BE NERF FROM THE BEGGININ WIthout you interfirin , like goin to page 30 and read from there, some of us just got tired of posting , but you people still come and come , bringing more purpostrous posts..

I DONT EXPECT TO BE POWERFULL OR ALLMIGHTY , i EXPECT that when i 1vs1 on a node other classes, that the winner should be decided by skill/and who attacks first... that's all.
    edited July 2014
    I wont respond to your accusations, and name calling. I will continue to test preview and give my feedback whether you agree or not!

edited July 2014
    I wont respond to your accusations, and name calling. I will continue to test preview and give my feedback whether you agree or not!
    i agree , but bring something resonable and not badmouthing feedback , because this unbalanced thing was brought upon before by the same kind of people that you resemble to, that;s called the whiners that doesn't want to be fair, and by being fair is to think about others, not only about yourself, and from what you saying and post here, you only think about yourself, and in the end the classes will be unbalanced... and dunno why you are here at all..
    edited July 2014
    Off Topic

The GWF success unfortunately has a direct correlation to how successful the GF is! Now I didn't design it this way, but this is how it is... Maybe because we are both Fighters, with that said I / we cannot disassociate the classes because of this fact.

I am sorry that I tend to compare but they are the same class with different roles Like Master of Flame / Spell Storm Mage if one is better at tanking and dps and survivability the other is no longer appreciated or needed or used!

So it is imperative that BOTH then GF and the GWF can be viable not one or the other. But one cannot deny the last 10 months of game play and the cloud 9 GWFs have been playing on as we GF sit around kicking sand. With this balance change its important to make sure we both are useful so that wont happen again!