test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cult of the Dragon Foundry Contest - Official Contest Thread

akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
edited August 2014 in The Foundry

UPDATE: The contest's submission period has completed! Due to overwhelmingly high number of submissions and popular community vote, (you guys really blew us away!), we've decided to adjust our judging procedures to ensure fairness and equal visibility to all entrants.

Judging Details:

Starting Tuesday 9/2, we will start featuring the contest entries that are eligible for winning. We ask that all entrants make sure their Foundry quests are eligible for featuring and have been submitted for featuring. Due to the high volume of entries, we will be featuring the quests in batches to ensure all entries receive enough visibility. Each batch of entries will be featured for 1 week at a time and we will only count the stars accumulated during that week. Once a given entry's week is over, we will record the accumulated stars for quests featured that week in our super-secret ledger. When we have featured all of the eligible entries, we will declare the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners based upon their accumulated stars. We realize that this will result in us having to push back the date of our winner's announcement, so we've gone ahead and added 2 more "Judges Choice" prizes. These winners will be chosen by the Neverwinter team and they will each receive a Dragonborn Legend pack!

Here are the key dates of the contest (we've updated them to reflect the current schedule of the contest):

Begin: 7/2/2014

End: 8/6/2014

Community voting begins: 9/2/14

Here are the contest rules and details:

-All entries must have an average duration of 15 minutes or more.
-All entries must include the Cult of the Dragon.
-All the entries must adhere to the established Foundry EULA.
-All entries must be posted in the official contest forum thread.
-Only one entry per Author.
-Entries must have been specifically created for this contest. Old quests that have been repurposed will not be considered.
-Update: The winners will be decided by the community! We will feature the first batch of eligible entries starting 8/19!
-Update: So that everyone will have an equal amount of time to create something great, entries must have been specifically created for this contest. Old quests that have been repurposed will not be considered.
- Update: Contestants need to have their submissions submitted for featuring by the 9/2 at 6AM PDT, as we will feature the first batch of eligible entries starting 9/2!

Most importantly, here are the prizes you can win:

1st Prize: A Neverwinter Hero of the North Pack, a mount of your choice, and a companion of your choice!

2nd Prize: A Neverwinter Hero of the North Pack!

3rd Prize: A Guardian of Neverwinter or Knight of the Feywild Pack (Author’s choice!)

UPDATE: Judges' Choice Prize: A Dragonborn Legend Pack

UPDATE: Another Judges' Choice Prize: A Dragonborn Legend Pack

All participants will receive a code for green-level Mystagogue companion!

Authors can post their Foundry missions’ names and short codes in this thread. I ask that we save this thread for contest entries ONLY (Scary red text!) If you want to discuss this contest, go here!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• stephenpantojastephenpantoja Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My foundry quest is called "DAWN OF THE CULT OF THE DRAGON" (short code: NW-DFKMJFRZN), created specifically for the Cult of the Dragon contest. Please enter and review my quest.
  • hellfirecouncilhellfirecouncil Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My foundry quest is "Homeward Bound." Give it a try, and see if you can figure out whats going on. :D
  • lettyvillarreallettyvillarreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My foundry quest is called "Disappearance of Shane Walker" (short code: NW-DEQZ3KWEG). Try it out as part of the Cult of the Dragon contest. Please enter and review my quest :)
  • shandizarshandizar Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Greetings all.

My submission is called Q2- Qualquest: NW-DJ7RVNEGZ.

A manhunt leads to a fight for survival in a Cult of the Dragon stronghold. Dodge deadly traps, fight dangerous foes, and solve mysterious puzzles. Will you succeed in bringing the wizard Qualkek to justice? Discover clues to the current motivations of this evil Cult of the dragon.

Q2-Qualquest is the second chapter to the four chapter campaign "Artifice Action" Where you are charged with recovering four powerful magic items that were mysteriously stolen from various powerful wizards throughout the realms. This Campaign is intended to be part mystery as well as have a combat focus.
    Q2-Qualquest is intended to be a solo adventure, playing with more than one may cause one or more of the players to be left out of some of the story elements.
    Q2- Qualquest is intended to be a solo adventure, playing with more than one may cause one of the players to be left out of some of the story elements. Some elements of this quest were completed before this contest was started (some of the maps, and some of the story.). However, it was not completed until well after the contest had begun.

Version: 2.6I2S5y0I.jpg
    M2an0VI.jpg
    5734556npsTK.png
    "...projects are never finished, only abandoned....."
    HellsHot is a proud member of Scribes' Enclave.
    1. The Haronomous Saga NWS-DJIKP5IWK a four part, story driven, campaign.
    2. The Ruins of Xylon NWS-DC76ORA4I a two part, dungeon crawl.
    3. Armor Odyssey NWS-DAUPTR46M a three part, story driven, odyssey.
  • jonnyvalentine77jonnyvalentine77 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Check Out My Foundry For The Contest!
    Name Is (I See Fire)
    Short code NW-DNWZV4XY3
    Play It Rate It Thanks All
  • taciogtaciog Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hello here follows my foudry.
    name > Ending With the Beginning
    ID > NW-DSCG7IJAS

you guys will like!

V1.2 translated

V1.3 added new NPCs
  • lettyvillarreallettyvillarreal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Nice way to get us noobies to use the Foundry. Finally learned how to navigate through it!
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My entry!
    The Chromatic Problem
    NW-DRHORVSCM
    The cult of the Dragon have ventured out of the Neverdeath Graveyard and into the surrounding areas. A simple-looking peasant in Neverdeath Graveyard is rumoured to know what may be the cause. Find this person and speak to them about the details. (Adjustable difficulty!)

Teaser pic ^^
    ChromaticProblemFoundry_zpsfa8f1489.png
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow, already so many finished quests o.O that's really fast! I'm not even close to finishing mine XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • omacronwhiteomacronwhite Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My Quest name is "Dark Plans"
    Short Code is "NW-DHMVFMPRK"

Made for this contest. Please give it a go and rate!
    Note: you may want to bring potions :)
  • sarlacc1979sarlacc1979 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 47
    edited July 2014
    My quest is "Relative Security"
    NW-DFRVDGKQ7

Lord Adrian, The Protector's cousin, has come to Neverwinter with mercenaries to aid in retaking the city but secret forces plot and conspire Neverwinter's downfall.

made specifically for the contest, hope you enjoy it. :)
    Please try my Foundry campaign, "Olivia's Trials".
  • sn0wst0rmzsn0wst0rmz Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    reiwulf wrote: »
    Wow, already so many finished quests o.O that's really fast! I'm not even close to finishing mine XD

I've spent 2 days now custom building a large flat plains, and stacking building pieces into a tower. I have a long way to go.
    "I attack the darkness!"

Foundry Author of Arselu'Tel'Quess (NW-DDQ6P4IKQ)
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm working in a Dire Chicken somehow... I swear.... (Nowhere near finished myself. I prefer quality to speed.)
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yep, seems the skewing has already begun. Had some difficulty making this post. I had to log in twice to write this here. I'm working on an idea for this contest, and will post it here after I've played it through the live server. :)
    edited July 2014
    My entry is finally ready!

"The Pact of Luskan"

Short code is: NW-DJ8F33PH2

Luskan has been struck with a disease that's rapidly spreading among the population. People are calling it the "Filth fever".
    Rumor has it that dark magic is involved. You decide to head to Luskan and see what's happening.
    This quest is also the backstory of my main character :)

1zdaxb6.jpg
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Wow. You guys have a MONTH until the deadline.
    I fear we're going to have an awful lot of "I dropped a bunch of Cult of the Dragon encounters on a pre-detailed map" entries.
    (...and have already seen several.) O,o
  • thrymskvidathrymskvida Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi there! Here's my submission for the foundry contest.

Shadows of Purple Wings

Short code is: NW-DTQ9BEEQQ

"And naught will be left but shattered thrones with no rulers, but the dead dragons shall rule the world entirely and..."
    Sammaster -

It all started like a normal adventure. One more day in the life of one of the many sellswords and freestaves of Neverwinter. Yet, you could not help but feel an ominous sense of dread when you decided to help the Harpers with an investigation.

I tried to keep roleplaying as the main focus of this foundry, even though it is limited for obvious reasons. I tried to capture the feel of playing tabletop D&D, and games like Daggerfall or Planescape: Torment, and I hope I have succeeded in at least that! Hack and Slash is secondary. The main idea behind this quest is to make the player think of what his character knows, and enjoy the (rather clichéd, I'll admit) story.

There are also plenty of easter eggs and references to find. I hope you guys have as much fun playing it as I had making it!
    Shadow of purple wings: Help the Harpers investigate a wizard suspected to be part of the Cult of the Dragon. - NW-DEYV5SVQ9
  • boomba66boomba66 Member Posts: 221 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Oh yeah I am getting in on this one!

BTW Would you consider allowing the featured version of the winning entry to actually have a dragon boss in it as part of the reward?

Been working for three days on it, anyone that play's my stuff knows I have a ways to go yet! Can't wait to play many of these other contestants work!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Wow. You guys have a MONTH until the deadline.
    I fear we're going to have an awful lot of "I dropped a bunch of Cult of the Dragon encounters on a pre-detailed map" entries.
    (...and have already seen several.) O,o

I'm not too comfortable with making my own map, but I do try to add a few extras and make the quests enjoyable. Even if I do not win, I did have fun and learned a few things.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'm not too comfortable with making my own map, but I do try to add a few extras and make the quests enjoyable. Even if I do not win, I did have fun and learned a few things.

Exactly. I have absolutely nothing against a pre-detailed map - I've used several of them all over the place.
    Stopping there and just dropping 50 encounters stacked all over each other - that's not creative.

As long as you have fun, explore the tools and at least try to add your own je ne sais quoi that counts big in my book. ;)
  • samyojerksamyojerk Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a question.
    When is the contest entries so i can post it?
    I just want to confirm so i don't miss it.
    edited July 2014
    you can post it right now, the dates are posted in the first post.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • kanddalorkanddalor Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    my quest is called the Artifact the short code is NW-DL6CMQQKE
    I made this quest for the contest and I hope you all like it.
  • firefox1afirefox1a Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My quest is called Attack of the Cult of the Dragon, short code NW-DD4A2SDXY

be easy on me, it is my first attempt making a quest, so it is fairly simple, but any criticism to make it better would be appreciated.
  • izatarizatar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    -All entries must have an average duration of 15 minutes or more.

You need to know that the 'average' time calculation is wrong. I have 2 featured contest quests, both of their times are vastly misrepresented. "I am Slayer" is listed with an average time of 0 minutes, even though it really takes at least 20 minutes to actually play! "Cloak Tower: Cult of the Dragon" is listed as 16 minutes, but cannot actually be done in less than 45 minutes.

I have received numerous hate mails because of this bug. Seriously, people get really upset and blame me. (Also, imagine how many plays I lost when my quest doesn't qualify for the daily).

Anyway, this requirement is questionable because of this bug.:(

Edit: also, it is sort of awkward that the last contest had "Cloak Tower: Cult of the Dragon" as one of its winners, and this contest is based on the same theme...
  • boxerdog4everboxerdog4ever Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My Quest is called "The Evil Dragon Yukallix" ID: NW-DRVQVCV9E Give it a try it took me many days!
  • craftmaster707craftmaster707 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I have a Foundry quest titled "Leonard the Dragon King". It's short code is NW-DCVBJDIQR. My quest focuses around a new leader of the Cult of the Dragon- if you bother to read the dialogue. You can skip the dialogue if you want by selecting the orange option, so you 'run and gun' players should enjoy that.
  • hellsazazelhellsazazel Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Hi all!
    I took the chance of this contest to create my first Foundry quest: its name is "A new Dracolich" and its code is "NW-DQAF792V8"
    Hope you all enjoy it!
  • canthrocanthro Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    My entry for the contest is Defending The Keep.

The short code is NW-DBFBYOIR3
  • riversbendriversbend Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Discover the story behind The Legend of Bantheran.

Created for the contest: The Cult of the Dragons

Title: The Legend of Bantheran Short code: NW-DFGGUD8UH

Synopsis: Based on the lore of The Cult of the Dragons, Bantheran was a legendary leader. With his ring of dragons lead his people to the great north in search of the evil dragons to bestow eternal life. While traveling the frozen forest came upon an old Dwarven mine. The vast tunnels stretched on for miles, but not a Dwarven skeleton in sight. The walls were etched with strange glowing black crystals. These tunnels were dug with the intent of mining, but abandoned for reasons not yet discovered. Bantheran decide to build an outpost within the caves and tunnels. A place to call home while continuing to search for evil dragons. It is said that within the deepest darkest crevasse, a single dragons egg was found atop of a huge pill of Dwarven skeletons. Legend states that through the magic of Bantheran's Ring of Dragons he was able to commune with the unhatched dragon and achieve a blessing of eternal life. Bantheran and his Cult faction still reside in the mine to this day.
    The Solazar Chronicles
    Part 1: The Rise of Solazar NW-DJDWTCHAA Part 3: The Voyage to Renford NW-DIHXKV9JA
    Garden Maze NW-DK3RXTLKM The Legend of Bantheran NW-DFGGUD8UH
This discussion has been closed.