test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Guardian Fighter Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Say what 'false' is with the math. I think you forget, that the +% Damage count for the crit hit too. So the crit hit is not 175% of the origin hit, while the origin hit is 100% skill, no it's 100% skill + % Damage through Power. And second: 40% Severity doesn't exist. You write nonsense in your text while blaming yourself?! Critical Severity = Damage on Crit hit. Crit Chance = How many hits of 100 crit.

And the 'run through' was only a simple overview how it work with x% Crit chance. For you, the first number only metter. It show that with 75% Crit Severity and 0% Crit chance on your char(which is simple impossible due 5% base crit chance + possible feat/gear crit chance) you have from the start +34.38% damage(13438/100-100).

Using ROUGH math of 20% tenacity, that means critical strikes roughly deal 20% less damage as well.

Hit for 1000 crit for 1750 HOWEVER, -20% dmg = 1400 damage meaning in PVP 75% severity turns in 40% severity.

25% damage bonus ROUGHLY (@170pwer/1%dmg) = 4250 Power. So JUST the 25% damage bonus ALONE will match a GF who has (LIVE) 8500 POWER.

THEN factoring in added critical (however you choose to do this) is ANOTHER % damage boost from a DPS basis, we can all quarrel over what % to add, lets give it a LOW assumption % of 4%... 10% crit = 4% DPS boost. Thats conservative.

USING THAT rough math 4% @170 = 680 more power.

So NOW, the "break even" would be a LIVE GF running 9860 Power. Its all ROUGH math.

ALL of this math basically shows:
    GF <10k Power - its a significant buff
    GF >10k power - its a small nerf

I dont know any GF who can succeed well in pvp running 10k power, id love to see it done tho. Not to mention LIVE version you cant block anything or you lose DPS, new version means you can block all you want and still have DPS. So the DPS to "tankiness" factor increased ALOT by this as well.

Also Mark -DR goes into negatives FYI so for players who can eliminate 100% of defense, the Mark bonus is a flat damage bonus.
  • stagger38stagger38 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    Also there is some wrong math posted above, ALL classes have BASE severity of 75%. So 1% crit chance is a DPS boost of .75%. Adding a perfect vorpal increases that by 125% so now 1% crit = 1.25% DPS boost.

I dont know why it was run at 50% severity unless your trying to compensate in PVP or something with reduced critical damage?
    Can confirm, I'm an idiot. Was looking at the deflection severity instead of crit for 50%, assumed vorpal put that up to 75%.

Yeah, this is a huge buff for almost everyone, except for what you've already pointed out.

:D

EDIT: Should I be keeping my arpen, instead of just relying on the new mark?
    edited July 2014
    stagger38 wrote: »
    Can confirm, I'm an idiot. Was looking at the deflection severity instead of crit for 50%, assumed vorpal put that up to 75%.

Yeah, this is a huge buff for almost everyone, except for what you've already pointed out.

:D

EDIT: Should I be keeping my arpen, instead of just relying on the new mark?

Up to you, Mark CAN go negatives.

So if you have 30% ARP, target has 28% DR, ARP eats all of his DR then mark goes 20% negative. ARP does NOT go negative though.

If you have 25% ARP target has 35% DR, Mark will only go 10% negative.

TLDR: YES.
    edited July 2014
    ^^^
    "25% dmg + 10% crit (at 75 severity) means this is a 32.5% damage buff" ??????????????

Ayroux what's next?
    10 oranges + 10 apples (at mature season just before harvest) means these are 18 oranges~!!! lol.....

"As you can see this is ONLY a buff to perfect vorpal enchant"

....Which use currently the 0.000000000000001% of Gf population.Every Gf i know runs greater plaguefire,greater/perfect bronzewood ,some run lifedrinker.Vorpal? only the r9 /10 guys from pvp guilds.Which are the 0.00000000000000000001% of general population.

So according to your logic if this only a buff to a perfect vorpal..that's means to every other weapon enchant is just a nerf.Thanx! That we agree.

And to get more serious:Adding damage and crit chance and then result in more damage is flawed logic.We do not know the exact damage formulas only the devs know.10% is just a chance a roll.You might crit,you might not.You cannot take crit chance for granted damage.
    Critical CHANCE is just a chance.While now your damage is quaranteed.

And even to have the extra critical you have to get hit 5 times .Does the capstone refresh?Nah.We do not know yet.
    From the things we know yet the new RE capstone is a 2-10% damage nerf to the dps branch of GFs.
    All rest are just assamptions and wild calculations.

Learn to do math yourself, not rely on others. The fact that you used oranges and apples leads me to believe your stuck at the elementary level though so maybe you cant....

For most GFs new capstone is a BUFF not only in damage potential but also in ability to block and still do damage. Only for the (mostly PVE) HUGE power stacking GFs will this be a small DPS nerf. Who has over 12k power? .000000001% of GF population?

Just be glad you have the option to USE a vorpal and get good damage from it now, where as before it wasnt used because of the low crit.
    BTW, ill do that math for you too.

@ 32% crit chance (VERY possible for PVE purposes and PVP too) you gain 50% severity ontop of 75% meaning your ciritcal bonus damage is 125% this is a 28.5% DAMAGE Boost @100% crit chance.

28.5% * (insert crit chance, ours = 32%) is a 9.12% DPS boost.
    Bronzewood with 50% uptime ROUGHLY = 8% DPS boost. So vorpal wins.

When you only have 23% crit though. Perf Vorp is only a 6.55% DPS boost roughly so Bronzewood wins (which is why many have been using it).

The "trade offs" come with:
    Bronzewood - mark effect is a per target basis, so if you attack target 1 for 10 seconds then target 2 for 10 seconds you have 100% uptime. The CON to this though is in PVP if you mark target 1 and he dodge you for 10 seconds, you have 0% uptime.

Vorpal is just a pure CHANCE on critical to deal bonus damage, so if you get a bad string of non-crits youll get no benefit from it. Overall though, with this NEW crit bonus I think Perf Vorp SLIGHTLY edges out Bronzewood from a DPS perspective IMO.
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Learn to do math yourself, not rely on others. The fact that you used oranges and apples leads me to believe your stuck at the elementary level though so maybe you cant....

For most GFs new capstone is a BUFF not only in damage potential but also in ability to block and still do damage. Only for the (mostly PVE) HUGE power stacking GFs will this be a small DPS nerf. Who has over 12k power? .000000001% of GF population?

You are correct i did not finish elementary...A bully GWF Sent hit me with IBS on my pupil GF head and stayed in elementary forever....:(

it is not a buff;it is a nerf.As someone posted above anyone that has over 6800 power(the 90% of conq population) will see a dps nerf.

As for the rest while you all talk with complicated formulas i spoke simple and true.Check your tooltips with full power.fell to a cliff so the GM to go to 0.Check now your tooltips.Add a 25% boost.And......you are lacking 5-10% damage.

As for the crit:
    Critical chance is a chance to hit a critical in 100hits.With 20% critical chance that means in 100 hits 20 will do +75% damage.
    I pve you get the damage from crits,you can add it if you want.cause you hit so many times.In pvp where you hit a Tr/Hr 2-3 times and then enters stealth or evades none tells you that you will be able to crit him.You might aswell not crit at all in 5 minues of a match.
    And you all use the argument of vorpal or perfect vorpal.So we must grind for vorpal now?I have greater plaguefire,leser holy avenger and greater bronzewood.More grid?So in order to take advantage of the new RE capstone we must also buy an enchant/That is freakin unacceptable.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Vorpal is just a pure CHANCE on critical to deal bonus damage, so if you get a bad string of non-crits youll get no benefit from it. Overall though, with this NEW crit bonus I think Perf Vorp SLIGHTLY edges out Bronzewood from a DPS perspective IMO.

Greater plague would give you 9% and cheaper so prob best to just stick to that if you have it.

Anyways, the new reckless will not be a huge increase, but it is an increase. It also lets us switch around enchants so when you don't stack power on your equipped char you don't feel like you are crippling yourself, (change power to arp for pvp for example).

+10% crit is a buff, it will stack ontop of your crit stat so it pretty much bridges the lack of crit from attributes bringing it closer to the dps classes.

But GF will never become a dps class, it is designed to be a tank. As long as they make them useful enough to be welcomed into groups I will be happy.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
    edited July 2014
    You are correct i did not finish elementary...A bully GWF Sent hit me with IBS on my pupil GF head and stayed in elementary forever....:(

it is not a buff;it is a nerf.As someone posted above anyone that has over 6800 power(the 90% of conq population) will see a dps nerf.

As for the rest while you all talk with complicated formulas i spoke simple and true.Check your tooltips with full power.fell to a cliff so the GM to go to 0.Check now your tooltips.Add a 25% boost.And......you are lacking 5-10% damage.

As for the crit:
    Critical chance is a chance to hit a critical in 100hits.With 20% critical chance that means in 100 hits 20 will do +75% damage.
    I pve you get the damage from crits,you can add it if you want.cause you hit so many times.In pvp where you hit a Tr/Hr 2-3 times and then enters stealth or evades none tells you that you will be able to crit him.You might aswell not crit at all in 5 minues of a match.
    And you all use the argument of vorpal or perfect vorpal.So we must grind for vorpal now?I have greater plaguefire,leser holy avenger and greater bronzewood.More grid?So in order to take advantage of the new RE capstone we must also buy an enchant/That is freakin unacceptable.

Wow dude, your making it worse for yourself. again, ill only say this ONCE more, the power equivalent MEANS thats the BONUS power the capstone has to give you for it to be the same. NOT the "LIVE POWER" number that shows in your character sheet.

A GF with 6800 power only sees about a 40-41% TOTAL DAMAGE BOOST FROM POWER. THIS MEANS HALF OF IT IS GAINED VIA GEAR (20%) THE OTHER HALF IS GAINED FROM THE CAPSTONE (20%)

SO HOW CAN 20% > 25%+10% CRIT?! Maybe you can build a time machine and ask that GWF to not hit you with IBS so you can learn 3 is greater than 2, not the other way around.

SHEESH!!!
    edited July 2014
    grimah wrote: »
    Greater plague would give you 9% and cheaper so prob best to just stick to that if you have it.

Anyways, the new reckless will not be a huge increase, but it is an increase. It also lets us switch around enchants so when you don't stack power on your equipped char you don't feel like you are crippling yourself, (change power to arp for pvp for example).

+10% crit is a buff, it will stack ontop of your crit stat so it pretty much bridges the lack of crit from attributes bringing it closer to the dps classes.

But GF will never become a dps class, it is designed to be a tank. As long as they make them useful enough to be welcomed into groups I will be happy.

9% is for PVE purposes and also inst 100% uptime. Stacks DONT refresh themselves. It also deals weapon damage too which is meh, but does add up as well.

In PVP GPF does mitigate 45% of defense which doesnt = 9% dmg boost. Also its rare to have 3 stacks up (they individually last 3 seconds each - dont refresh so a better average number I use to calculate this is 2 stacks for GF purposes (if your a GWF/HR/TR 3 is fine).

But this IS an OK option, probably roughly same ballbark as vorpal and Bronze TBH from a DPS perspective.
    edited July 2014
    9% is for PVE purposes and also inst 100% uptime. Stacks DONT refresh themselves. It also deals weapon damage too which is meh, but does add up as well.

In PVP GPF does mitigate 45% of defense which doesnt = 9% dmg boost. Also its rare to have 3 stacks up (they individually last 3 seconds each - dont refresh so a better average number I use to calculate this is 2 stacks for GF purposes (if your a GWF/HR/TR 3 is fine).

But this IS an OK option, probably roughly same ballbark as vorpal and Bronze TBH from a DPS perspective.

And you have to remember the crit reduction in pvp too. (I use bronzewood personally). Just saying that GPF is one of the more well rounded for pve.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    ^^^
    Ayroux logic: add this ,this number is from that.Multiply this..Divide this.Add this...bla bla h blah...new RA is better.

I say again:The whole formulas are tottaly irrelevant for me;in the meaning that the result counts.And as said the result with out crit is a nerf.
    Do the freakin test yourself.Or whoever GF reads us let's do it.Tooltip with full GM meter(meaning full power).And tooltip while he is dead(0 GM 0 CAPSTONE INCREASE)
    To the dead's Gf tolltip let him add a 25% increase.As freaking simple is that dude.And if you see more damage with 25% increase but with out current Re capstone give me a call.Gosh!!

i do not care about crit.I give a rat's ***.Cause crit sucks in a Gf anyway.Very few GFs have crit above 20% so in order+10% to make a agood number.
    But how you suppose to know?You have to play your GF since mod2.You are accustomed to your GWF and you think that a GF can achieve a 25-30% crit chance from gear.No.He can't.
    So the whole argument is fraud for me.

Crit is a nice bonus.But what i care is the simple measurable raw damage.And most of Gfs care the same.

Your proposals are pve based.
    You have a hidden agenda to nerf your pvp GF opponents.And you hit where they are strong.
    You are against current RE capstone.
    You are against Armor of Bahamut rework.You consider this too much.
    You never spoke for an increase in dps of the Guardians.You make some nefarious propositions just to mess the waters like the squid when it wants to evade.

Ayroux we had enough of your "proposals".
    The stamina timed block was your original idea and if it goes live it will ruin pvp for Guardians.
    Your proposals are completely out of theme.
    Gfs need damage boost by just increasing the power-encounter multipliers.The 99% of Gfs wrote for months about this.All Gfs except you;

^^
    But it is well explained if someone know that you play only a GWF.Leave GFs alone and go to the baracks to write about your beloved class GWF...
    edited July 2014
    And you have to remember the crit reduction in pvp too. (I use bronzewood personally). Just saying that GPF is one of the more well rounded for pve.

Well the thing actually there is, your damage is already reduced on crits, and since its all multiplicative, its still a 28.5% damage boost to crits.

1000 damage = 1750 damage on crit.
    In PVP:
    1000 damage = 1750 * .80 (20 % crit tenacity) on crit = 1400 damage.

1000 damage = 2250 (Perfect Vorpal addd) *.8 = 1800 damage

1800/1400 = 28.5% damage boost

I MAY be wrong there but even if I am, you can look at it this way:
    28.5% * 80% effectiveness (20% reduced crit) * (crit chance @ 32%) = 7.296 DPS boost.

So its still easily up there with Bronze/GPF may STILL even be better just depends on random string of events.

For PVE GPF has ALOT more uptime and gives 3% DPS per stack so yes GPF is king for PVE usually (not always though) Since you can add Stone with crit + 5% from a TR and get close to 38-40% crit.

Now that 28.5% *.4 = 11.4% DPS boost.

EDIT: Can someone else help out hypervoreian here... he either doesnt speak english as a native language or he is just pure stupid. Either way I wont be responding... Hes a lost cause.
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Using ROUGH math of 20% tenacity, that means critical strikes roughly deal 20% less damage as well.

Hit for 1000 crit for 1750 HOWEVER, -20% dmg = 1400 damage meaning in PVP 75% severity turns in 40% severity.

25% damage bonus ROUGHLY (@170pwer/1%dmg) = 4250 Power. So JUST the 25% damage bonus ALONE will match a GF who has (LIVE) 8500 POWER.

THEN factoring in added critical (however you choose to do this) is ANOTHER % damage boost from a DPS basis, we can all quarrel over what % to add, lets give it a LOW assumption % of 4%... 10% crit = 4% DPS boost. Thats conservative.

USING THAT rough math 4% @170 = 680 more power.

So NOW, the "break even" would be a LIVE GF running 9860 Power. Its all ROUGH math.

ALL of this math basically shows:
    GF <10k Power - its a significant buff
    GF >10k power - its a small nerf

I dont know any GF who can succeed well in pvp running 10k power, id love to see it done tho. Not to mention LIVE version you cant block anything or you lose DPS, new version means you can block all you want and still have DPS. So the DPS to "tankiness" factor increased ALOT by this as well.

Also Mark -DR goes into negatives FYI so for players who can eliminate 100% of defense, the Mark bonus is a flat damage bonus.

Guy... i don't talk about PvP. I talk about PvE. Next time don't waste my time and say it clear, that you mean PvP based calculation.
    For PvE it's clear that the new Capstone is better, and that i only want to show with the math. Nothing else.
    edited July 2014
    For PvE it's clear that the new Capstone is better.

I 1000000% agree with you... so why are you flaming me? Ive never said it was worse for BOTH PVP and PVE, ive always said its BETTER for both PVP and PVE.... So im lost....

Also your comments are rather rude.... I could easily say towards you " I only care about PVP so dont waste my time"...
    edited July 2014
    EDIT: Can someone else help out hypervoreian here... he either doesnt speak english as a native language or he is just pure stupid. Either way I wont be responding... Hes a lost cause.

This is nothing, you should check the regular daily CW doomsayers that won't stfu. Walk away...
    edited July 2014
    This is nothing, you should check the regular daily CW doomsayers that won't stfu. Walk away...

Good advice! I for one cant wait for this to be up on the PTR.

My only hesitation with these changes are in the way you gain stacks. If its like the old Stalwart set was ill be happy! If its somehow like GPF stacks (doesnt refresh) ill be a sad camper...
  • ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I 1000000% agree with you... so why are you flaming me? Ive never said it was worse for BOTH PVP and PVE, ive always said its BETTER for both PVP and PVE.... So im lost....

Also your comments are rather rude.... I could easily say towards you " I only care about PVP so dont waste my time"...

Then i apologize for my writing. Hurt the false one. But you may agree with the 'Q.Q this is bad!' withoug doing any math, that's annoying.
    edited July 2014
    Then i apologize for my writing. Hurt the false one. But you may agree with the 'Q.Q this is bad!' withoug doing any math, that's annoying.

Nope, infact if you look at the first post right below Crush's post in the official thread where he put this change I said I like the change!

YOu may want to pass this math onto hypervoreian as he seems lost by the math... Apparently he doesnt calculate crit either because its just a chance and he doesnt care about it. IDK what to even say to that....
    edited July 2014
    NVM - answered above.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited July 2014
    Ill explain how it should work so it is 100% clear.

Oh, okay! So damage is calculated first and then after damage is calculated the system checks if you are blocking?
    Based on one of your earlier comments I had thought the block would be calculated before everything else.

Which would also address ladysylvia's concern about not deflecting attacks while blocking, I would assume?

But I suppose this is all very much getting into semantics. Sorry. I am one of those people gets given a watch and doesn't just say "cool I can tell the time now," I end up wondering how the gears and stuff work inside. :p
    But I bet you got this role in the company for being the same way. ;)
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    crixus8000 wrote: »
    I HATE the new block i dont like anything about it and i hope they bring back the old one but the new reckless attacker is actually better for the class unlike the new block mechanic, we get more dmg now and more crit. The new block would work once they fix the dmg reduction and increase recharge speed also make the timer only go down during combat and make it longer or it will be bad for our class. still not sure why the old block didnt just get a buff though.

Don't let yourself get decieved and think that there is only the option to keep the old RA or to get the new reworked one. There are more than these premade options for you to choose from. How about the old RA feat providing additionally to what it currently does a flat bonus on crit? And I agree with you when it comes to the old guard/block, that only needs to be buffed by increasing the amount we can block and/or the recharge speed.

I suggest to introduce a buffed version of guard/block and RA feat at the preview server based on the state of guard/block and RA feat at the live server, and then let's see how that is. Our class can be improved without twisting what it is at its core!

(I would love to write about how to improve the protector and the tactician tree of our class, since they need buffs more than us conqs. But I can't do all that at the same time. Once this questionable idea of a stamina-guard and the reworked RA feat have been banished, I will support my fellow GF trees)
    edited July 2014
    ayroux:Yeah it was just an idea... Personally I like the "once you are hit, build a stack" idea OVER having to attack to build a stack. Ive found in most pvp games, you end up getting hit more than you hit. The downside there is it relies on others to hit you to gain your damage bonus which can be frustrating in PVP.

Right now we have to do neither, our power is constant at a +100% power increase, so our first strike though to our last includes that power bonus, unless we raise our shield.

Other games have tried this same procedure, gaining damage perks a skill. But in those games it was open conflict PvP so it was easy for let's say a cleric to remove their weapon, smack you around without doing much damage until the skill perked then you could go crazy.

But since this game isn't open world PvP and a team mate cannot target you, it becomes a matter of a mob or foe smacking you without mercy. Since the conq build does not utilize their shield, (so they can maintain the +100% power increase), you take too much damage before the skill perks to be able to do anything. It would be a constant run in get smacked, skill perks but opps too much damage I got to roll out to heal. SO in this scenario it forces us to start using a shield, that would be like us conq trying to implement a skill that forced you shield users to stop using your shield.

Can you understand what I am trying to say?
    I'm not trying to be arrogant, nor trying to start an argument, just trying to present our side for discussion also and how this change to reckless attacker will really hurt the build. If they just change it to use stamina that's fine, but to completely re vamp the skill that's a death roll for those of us using this build.

I have no problems with the changes to the shield feats or skills, I know they will help you guys that use the shield out a lot, but please don't sacrifice the conquerors to do that.

Trust me, I know exactly what your talking about. I think you think im on the other side of the fence but I would like to re-state that for the majority of my "premade PVP" experience in PVP ive played a GF. Its really only been module 3 that ive "benched" my GF because frankly they just cant compete. So up until June, all the way from about April/May last year (over a year) my main has been a Conq GF.

Here is the problem I have with the current RA. Yes, you can in theory have 100% uptime, however in my experience at VERY high level pvp (I would argue the top tier of pvp) with my Conq GF, is that you have the bonus power when its NOT really needed, but dont have it when it IS needed. What I mean by that is this.

When you have the bonus power and its not really that needed is when nobody is attacking you because they are going after a teammate, then your job has been in the past more of a "control" fighter with decent damage. Focused more on keeping your DC/CW alive for the TEAM support than it is to play "uber deeps". Yes you have bonus power, but your not a nuker, the CW has been the nuker - this is why in premades GFs like to slot control powers like Griffons/Frontline/Bullrush/Indom Str etc... Also slotting debuff abilities like Tide is very helpful for actual DPS classes.

So what about the other times, when your needed to 1v1 hold a node? Well thats when you actually NEED the power/damage boost because it becomes a matter of who can survive longer. That usually is a factor of how much DPS you can take (tankiness) versus how much you can dish out. Well once you start taking damage, as a Conq GF with RA, you end up dishing out LESS damage, which has been why recently classes like GWF have been some of the best node holders - they dish out more damage the more damage they take. Or permas who can take virtually zero damage but dish out some decent damage.

Now you might have a time that a GF needs as much DPS as he can muster even in a fight at mid - especially now that CWs are not as much nukers as they were. So the game is changing, THAT is why I would like something that I as the GF can proc to give me bonus.

But in MOST scenarios in MOST top tier PVP the old function was just HORRIBLE, the more damage you took the less damage you could dish out. GFs have never been built tanky enough let alone with their shield than without it - to have the luxury of forgoing their block meter for more DPS.

TO be frank, the only GFs that will see a big decrease in performance are the "rogue" GFs who dont play competitive PVP, who like to PUG stomp with Knights Cheese and see big numbers and have decent K/D ratios. Im not trying to offend or be rude thats just reality. If thats your goal, then sure, I can see why youd be mad from the fact that your "block" that youve never had to use before was able to give you bonus power. I mean look at DCs who have this mentality... The best DCs almost always go like 0-30 in a game. Its the team focus that makes them so effective and good.

But thats honestly because you(not specifically you, but anyone who is saying you can have 100% uptime in pvp) have not fought players who are good that FORCE you to block, that force your damage to decrease... Which is why the GF is such a useless class - your damage taken versus damage output scales because on how much damage youve taken, its at its peak when your not under fire, but weakest when your being focused. I dont think thats good balance, especially for a fighter class, and ESPECIALLY in the current "domination" of pvp. Maybe if PVP was pure "slayer" then it would be more effective, but domination is a "KOTH" style play, where the key is being able to take damage and THEN dish out damage, not the other way around.

I think any GF build should be one that utilized their shield since quite frankly they were not built tanky enough to NOT use their shield. Maybe if the capstone gave a huge DR boost when your block is full as well, then you could have a reason to not block besides offense. I also dont think you get smacked around and have to leave. Getting hit 5x is very easy to do, and with the new block meter youll see almost none of your health gone. The ONLY big issue is that it relies on some1 to attack you (the tank) and which smart pvper will attack the tank first when they can focus the squishy players? To THAT I would still suggest that you spend any time attacking a squishy player (like CW) and they will try and "control" you as a method to not get beat on by you... Proccing stacks and giving you more damage.

So in the end I highly encourage you to look at the ratio of damage in versus damage out in that ability. The old design created FAR too squishy GFs since they couldnt use their shield or lose damage which made the class not viable in higher level pvp where contesting and node play is what matters over K/D ratio. So if thats the price that must be paid, that "rogue" GFs lose their "DEEPS combo" in favor for a more balanced PVP at its potential, I am in favor of it.

I DO sympathize deeply with this change, since I too am one that likes to troll and see high numbers... But I would MUCH rather be more effective at the top tier, and not be able to as effectively troll in "solo-Q", than vice versa....
    edited July 2014
    mfgamesys wrote: »
    If we can get the old RA with a crit buff on it I think that would be proper and not destroy what a lot of gfs who have spec'd conq have, power. With this new RA it tosses the power requirement out the door and forces you to build yourself with more defense than offense so this will funnel most if not all gfs to more defensive builds which will kill most if not all diversity in builds especially for pvp. I really do not want to see the same kind of stats on most gfs, it eliminates diversity which is what there currently is. I really want to prevent this as then this class becomes the same old same old each gf you see.

The only thing i would like to point out, is there is alot more than just power... ARP is the best stat in PVP to have. Crit is also very beneficial up to dim returns. I have even seen some effective recovery/AP stacking builds with SM that work wonders...

So its not that all GFs will roll around in full defensive gear to take advantage of this. We still have the lowest crit in the game and still need to stack ARP to be effective in PVP. Heck we dont even get feats that give us power (like GWFs have) from Recovery and ARP, so if we want decent power we still have to spec for it....

Also, having to re-gear comes with most classes. Look at any class since OB, massive significant changes. Only the GF has remained untouched which I would say is a bad thing... When TRs swapped to perma, well my TR became worthless.... When GWFs went from Sent to Destroyer, I had to buy new enchants and farm new gear AND re-work artifacts that were all legendary... I STILL have legendary artifacts sitting in my bags that have become worthless now... Its just the reality of the game.

Heck im even lvling a DC now JUST for the artifact JUST for my GF build utilizing AP gain.... Not even around changes but it just shows that with new mods, new gear, new changes to the class, expecting to keep your same setup and stay at BIS levels is an unrealistic expectation...
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The only thing i would like to point out, is there is alot more than just power... ARP is the best stat in PVP to have. Crit is also very beneficial up to dim returns. I have even seen some effective recovery/AP stacking builds with SM that work wonders...

So its not that all GFs will roll around in full defensive gear to take advantage of this. We still have the lowest crit in the game and still need to stack ARP to be effective in PVP. Heck we dont even get feats that give us power (like GWFs have) from Recovery and ARP, so if we want decent power we still have to spec for it....

Also, having to re-gear comes with most classes. Look at any class since OB, massive significant changes. Only the GF has remained untouched which I would say is a bad thing... When TRs swapped to perma, well my TR became worthless.... When GWFs went from Sent to Destroyer, I had to buy new enchants and farm new gear AND re-work artifacts that were all legendary... I STILL have legendary artifacts sitting in my bags that have become worthless now... Its just the reality of the game.

Heck im even lvling a DC now JUST for the artifact JUST for my GF build utilizing AP gain.... Not even around changes but it just shows that with new mods, new gear, new changes to the class, expecting to keep your same setup and stay at BIS levels is an unrealistic expectation...

Can i say that mark is now 20% mitigation so the need for arp is less so of a needed thing. But yes I am all for change but this means everyone doesn't have to worry about Arp or power now so the trades off for doing damage have been reduced drastically. Also I have a build already to go for mod 4 with the coming changes does not mean i am fighting to be lazy but more for balance is what I am trying to get across as the other classes that were destroying the gf are to be nerfed in mod 4. This in turn will be other classes asking for the nerf hammer which is something I want to avoid.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
    edited July 2014
    Can i say that mark is now 20% mitigation so the need for arp is less so of a needed thing. But yes I am all for change but this means everyone doesn't have to worry about Arp or power now so the trades off for doing damage have been reduced drastically. Also I have a build already to go for mod 4 with the coming changes does not mean i am fighting to be lazy but more for balance is what I am trying to get across as the other classes that were destroying the gf are to be nerfed in mod 4. This in turn will be other classes asking for the nerf hammer which is something I want to avoid.

Yes but mark goes negative so you still get massive benefit to ARP...
    edited July 2014
    Yes but mark goes negative so you still get massive benefit to ARP...

20% from mark
    10% from DEX
    15% from Arp
    10% from tide of iron

55% with my current stats in mod 4.

yes there is a benefit but this is alot of mitigation so yes but do I really need more?
    edited July 2014
    20% from mark
    10% from DEX
    15% from Arp
    10% from tide of iron

yes there is a benefit but this is alot of mitigation so yes but do I really need more?

well its all about math. If you add 220 ARP and it will mitigate say 2% DR, versus about 1.25% more dmg boost.... the ARP will give you more...
    Most of those debuffs you mentioned will go negative, its only your ARP that doesnt. Most classes have over 25% DR, and even debuffs actually dont work LIKE ARP. There has been alot of resting around this that even "debuffs" actually arent debuffs but buffs AFTER DR.

Take a Bronzewood for instance, its actually not a 16% -DR, its a 16% dmg boost after DR. Same with Mark too. There is no other effect like ARP in the game that I am aware of that actually reduces DR, I didnt believe this at first either until I saw alot of testing (think this was in the CW forums)

Which all that means 1% of ARP versus 1% dmg boost, the ARP actually returns a HIGHER than 1% dmg boost and the 1% dmg boost is actually less than 1% dmg boost if that makes sense.

All this to say, I thought your premise was that you like to keep the old RA because GFs have built for it, now that they dont you fear all GFs will spec the same? dont you think if all Conq GFs get that much power benefit they are already specced the same? To stack power? I think freeing GFs of that power stack is mandatory actually opens more options for build diversity. I also dont think this means all Conqs will spec defensive gear either. Some will, but many still wont to maximize their damage potential...
  • zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    20% from mark
    10% from DEX
    15% from Arp
    10% from tide of iron

Actually if you Mark an Enemy according to Crush, you would also gain a combat advantage on it so thats about another 3 to 5% additional damage
    edited July 2014
    well its all about math. If you add 220 ARP and it will mitigate say 2% DR, versus about 1.25% more dmg boost.... the ARP will give you more...
    Most of those debuffs you mentioned will go negative, its only your ARP that doesnt. Most classes have over 25% DR, and even debuffs actually dont work LIKE ARP. There has been alot of resting around this that even "debuffs" actually arent debuffs but buffs AFTER DR.

Take a Bronzewood for instance, its actually not a 16% -DR, its a 16% dmg boost after DR. Same with Mark too. There is no other effect like ARP in the game that I am aware of that actually reduces DR, I didnt believe this at first either until I saw alot of testing (think this was in the CW forums)

Which all that means 1% of ARP versus 1% dmg boost, the ARP actually returns a HIGHER than 1% dmg boost and the 1% dmg boost is actually less than 1% dmg boost if that makes sense.

All this to say, I thought your premise was that you like to keep the old RA because GFs have built for it, now that they dont you fear all GFs will spec the same? dont you think if all Conq GFs get that much power benefit they are already specced the same? To stack power? I think freeing GFs of that power stack is mandatory actually opens more options for build diversity. I also dont think this means all Conqs will spec defensive gear either. Some will, but many still wont to maximize their damage potential...

yes but to effectively play with the new capstone for pvp you will go for defense I highly doubt that there will be many who are going to take a more glass cannon approach with this capstone. So all that will be left are just vorpal wielding tanks and this is where we turn into the next fotm class. I want to avoid this as much as possible because yes I want buffs but I also don't want that sinking feeling that it is going to be nerfed away and end up with less damage than in mod 3.
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    yes but to effectively play with the new capstone for pvp you will go for defense I highly doubt that there will be many who are going to take a more glass cannon approach with this capstone. So all that will be left are just vorpal wielding tanks and this is where we turn into the next fotm class. I want to avoid this as much as possible because yes I want buffs but I also don't want that sinking feeling that it is going to be nerfed away and end up with less damage than in mod 3.

And this is a good point. GF's becoming the next fotm class will be really dull. And I can see that happening just like that.
  • shivonomineshivonomine Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Wow Wow Cowboy . Hold your horses man . You are getting it way too far on this thread . The change we need is simple . Just RA & Mark changes along with the old block . Anything more and we will be nerfed in like 1 week since it will overboost our class ....