test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

scourge warlock con=bonus dmg

mxtimemxtime Member Posts: 316 Bounty Hunter
edited July 2014 in PvE Discussion
so even the worst nb will have the best pvp/pve roll lol.
Post edited by mxtime on

Comments

• Options
    sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mxtime wrote: »

Wow people already crying about being OP before its even released... I guess some people just live to QQ on forums.
  • Options
    godlysoul2godlysoul2 Member Posts: 661 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Its really just a GWF thrown into a ranged class with less spike damage capability it seems. Go complain about GWF getting it. (And possibly GF?) It's not a big deal, just a bonus perk of the class.
  • Options
    alexandrearrudaalexandrearruda Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    One class is the king today, other will be tomorrow... People must stop crying because its not even released, neither the nerfs in our classes.
  • Options
    f2pmaf2pma Member Posts: 665 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    i think thats actualy very good. coz its true nb always go for bonus dmg its like magnet to them,the more the better
    so at the same time they will get best hp possible and wont die in one rotation in pvp.
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cause they need it for pvp or they'll get their butts handed to them?

Least there's a tradeoff. Crit/CA and recharge speed/AP.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    ghoulz66 wrote: »
    Cause they need it for pvp or they'll get their butts handed to them?

Least there's a tradeoff. Crit/CA and recharge speed/AP.

yeah prety much i see so many trs maxing str,dex,char and thats worst u can do as a tr
    con is king of pvp .and in warlock case even in pve.
    i bet it will be realy popular coz many like to be viable in pve, pvp and have the best roll for it....
    just swich some gear and there u go
    tank in pvp
    dps paingiver in pve
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    sexwax45 wrote: »
    Wow people already crying about being OP before its even released... I guess some people just live to QQ on forums.

So very, very true. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    yeah prety much i see so many trs maxing str,dex,char and thats worst u can do as a tr
    i bet it will be realy popular coz many like to be viable in pve, pvp and have the best roll for it....
    tank in pvp
    dps paingiver in pve

I don't like pvp and never do it, so I did max my TR in STR, DEX, and CHA. :D
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Jumping early on the 'Scourge Warlock is OP choo-choo-train!', now aren't we? :P

Haven't gotten to 60 yet on the test shard, but I am enjoying the class. However it isn't 'easy' per say... You must be aware of rotations and use of the Tab skill (Curse!). It's been a fun ride thus far, but we'll have to see how good they really are.

So be patient... ;)
    va8Ru.gif
  • Options
    gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree Kolat the class isn't "easy"to play as the HR was,we also don't do that much damage,i 'm at lvl 42 and I don't do as much damage as people say,so CW's will be the 2nd best dps(behind the HR)in mod 4, HP+Damage(Con)=Awesome!
  • Options
    osterdracheosterdrache Member Posts: 480 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Yes, because HP is everything in this game.
    /sarcasm.

In pvp it actually is. Class cannons are just little snacks for decent pvp specced chars. But not everybody gets this…
    You either don't play a TR or you only play 5% of the game. In 95% of the game dex/str or dex/cha works pretty well for a TR.

Pve wise= yes
    Pvp wise= no!
    And pvp is a large and even growing part of this game. But some refus to accept this :-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    In pvp it actually is. Class cannons are just little snacks for decent pvp specced chars. But not everybody gets this…

Pve wise= yes
    Pvp wise= no!
    And pvp is a large and even growing part of this game. But some refus to accept this :-)

pve wise u get kicked or not get invinted before they check your str dex lol
    but my favorite is when someone discretly leaves
  • Options
    morsitansmorsitans Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,284 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I suspect PvP is only growing because load of PvE players are bored and/or overgeared for all PvE content, but still like the actual game. PvP offers the same game mechanics but with an actual challenge (and isn't hordes of adds).

It doesn't really matter that the PvP is unbalanced as hell and not really very good, it is at least something to do that isn't VT/CN/MC farming (again).
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    morsitans wrote: »
    I suspect PvP is only growing because load of PvE players are bored and/or overgeared for all PvE content, but still like the actual game. PvP offers the same game mechanics but with an actual challenge (and isn't hordes of adds).

It doesn't really matter that the PvP is unbalanced as hell and not really very good, it is at least something to do that isn't VT/CN/MC farming (again).

This! Is so true.
    PvP is and will be always dynamic and challenging.

The 500th CN run is not. I still do it to help lesser geared players accumulate ADs.

I can only assume many players never even reach the level of actual endgame. Not many out there who are competent enough to really farm the endcontent fast and efficient.
    I mostly see the usual suspects in CN ;-)
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Large? Don't make me laugh. I the year I've been here I've seen the same few guilds over and over in Domination and GG. And if the number of PvPers is that large, why is OPvP hardly used? Tired of the 95% of the players being PvE and too easy to kill with your little cockatrice at your side and your roaring abuse of skills?

The number of PvPers isn't growing. People have been crying for months everybody's leaving PvP because of the "unbalance" and that there's nobody to PvP with. And here you come, a lonely PvPer claiming it's growing.. I wonder who's right.

And even if it was, it's not exactly growing fast and it would change nothing either way. PvP is the same 4 maps over and over and over. The rest of the game is much larger and varied. PvPing at low lvl is boring and next to not existing thanks to your little twinkers. Same goes for lvl60 PvP with said cockatrice companion next to every PvPer that thinks P2W is basically a good idea.

The PvE community is at least 4 times as large as the PvP. You just yell harder at the devs, that's all. There's also about 500% more PvE content than there is PvP. So like it or not, PvP is just a small -and lately extremely boring- part of this game. Not flaming intended, just stating facts.

and still no room for a tr class
  • Options
    rayrdan1rayrdan1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Large? Don't make me laugh. I the year I've been here I've seen the same few guilds over and over in Domination and GG. And if the number of PvPers is that large, why is OPvP hardly used? Tired of the 95% of the players being PvE and too easy to kill with your little cockatrice at your side and your roaring abuse of skills?

The number of PvPers isn't growing. People have been crying for months everybody's leaving PvP because of the "unbalance" and that there's nobody to PvP with. And here you come, a lonely PvPer claiming it's growing.. I wonder who's right.

And even if it was, it's not exactly growing fast and it would change nothing either way. PvP is the same 4 maps over and over and over. The rest of the game is much larger and varied. PvPing at low lvl is boring and next to not existing thanks to your little twinkers. Same goes for lvl60 PvP with said cockatrice companion next to every PvPer that thinks P2W is basically a good idea.

The PvE community is at least 4 times as large as the PvP. You just yell harder at the devs, that's all. There's also about 500% more PvE content than there is PvP. So like it or not, PvP is just a small -and lately extremely boring- part of this game. Not flaming intended, just stating facts.
    i really cant understand what you find of fun in pve...gaunt each 3 hours to sell nothing for nothing cuz in 3 hours prices will be down again?
    the same old t2 i can run alone with every class?
    what then? ten runs a day of CN?
    lets try again....sharandar quests?
    mmm...35 days of iwd for da best boons and da best gears in the game? (see the irony here)
    there is more people you may think to pvp all day long (better delete the reason ). OPvP is always empty because is impossible to go in the instance you want to go. you would see if they melt all the instances in one.
  • Options
    rustlordrustlord Member Posts: 1,454 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    f2pma wrote: »
    tank in pvp
    dps paingiver in pve

This is pure misinformation and untrue. From my experience leveling a SW with "best rolls" on preview up to level 50 so far, the builds are properly separated into different paragon trees; where Fury is the DPS and Temptation is the Tank/Healer. The other tree doesn't stand out much at first glance. That being said, Warlock wont become a BE-ALL class.
    Jumping early on the 'Scourge Warlock is OP choo-choo-train!', now aren't we? :P

Haven't gotten to 60 yet on the test shard, but I am enjoying the class. However it isn't 'easy' per say... You must be aware of rotations and use of the Tab skill (Curse!). It's been a fun ride thus far, but we'll have to see how good they really are.

So be patient... ;)

My point exactly! I love Dreadtheft encounter by the way, and think it should remain as it is. It has some serious DPS potential, but very difficult to use to its fullest (and I mean dragging the laser beam around so that you annihilate a pack of mobs in under 6 seconds)! I dare put it in the meatball-skill category/if not more difficult.
  • Options
    williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan1 wrote: »
    i really cant understand what you find of fun in pve...gaunt each 3 hours to sell nothing for nothing cuz in 3 hours prices will be down again?
    the same old t2 i can run alone with every class?
    what then? ten runs a day of CN?
    lets try again....sharandar quests?
    mmm...35 days of iwd for da best boons and da best gears in the game? (see the irony here)
    there is more people you may think to pvp all day long (better delete the reason ). OPvP is always empty because is impossible to go in the instance you want to go. you would see if they melt all the instances in one.

And Domination PvP is fun and varied?

In PvE you have:

-Epic t1/t2 dungeons
    -Skirmishes
    -Holiday Events
    -3 expansion zones with dailies, and their own dungeons/skirmishes

In PvP you have:
    -2 basically interchangeable maps
    -1 gametype

So, tell us which one would be the more entertaining?
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    rayrdan1rayrdan1 Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    And Domination PvP is fun and varied?

In PvE you have:

-Epic t1/t2 dungeons
    -Skirmishes
    -Holiday Events
    -3 expansion zones with dailies, and their own dungeons/skirmishes

In PvP you have:
    -2 basically interchangeable maps
    -1 gametype

So, tell us which one would be the more entertaining?

pvp is like doing the same dungeon with the "boss" changing every time. i find it more entertaining.
    hell, there are facebook games more entertaining of our pve.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rustlord wrote: »
    This is pure misinformation and untrue. From my experience leveling a SW with "best rolls" on preview up to level 50 so far, the builds are properly separated into different paragon trees; where Fury is the DPS and Temptation is the Tank/Healer. The other tree doesn't stand out much at first glance. That being said, Warlock wont become a BE-ALL class.

what you wrote makes 0 logic.i never said it will be top class compared to other but that it will have best ability roll pve/pvp same time
    so learn to read first.

and you are saying its not possible to be paingiver dps in pve and tank dps (like gwf) in pvp
    with max con and fury?
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    rayrdan1 wrote: »
    pvp is like doing the same dungeon with the "boss" changing every time. i find it more entertaining.
    hell, there are facebook games more entertaining of our pve.

Let me explain this to you again:

-2 and ONLY 2 interchangeable maps(as opposed to the #of skirmishes/dungeons for almost EVERY map in pve)
    -1 gametype(as opposed to skirmishes and dungeons with their varied(once again, almost 1 for every map) layouts and bosses)
    -premade and pug party comps consisting of your party consisting of a)roflstomp teams, composed of high gs players meant to troll lower players, b)random pug team, composed of mostly low geared players that players QQ about not wanting in PvP at all.

Now how is PvP diverse and challenging? Heck, Tetris is a more entertaining form of pvp. At least their isn't unbalanced "my class cant beat this guy, so he needs nerfed" QQing there.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Now how is PvP diverse and challenging? Heck, Tetris is a more entertaining form of pvp. At least their isn't unbalanced "my class cant beat this guy, so he needs nerfed" QQing there.

Actually, pvp domination is extremly strategic and depending on individual and teamwork performance.
    Sadly, not many get this fact.
    Instead, they think its about gear and kills/deaths. This reflects the playstyle of the majority of the playerbase. Brainless walking through pvp, chasing kills or point capping.
    But this is OT, sorry.
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    Actually, pvp domination is extremly strategic and depending on individual and teamwork performance.
    Sadly, not many get this fact.
    Instead, they think its about gear and kills/deaths. This reflects the playstyle of the majority of the playerbase. Brainless walking through pvp, chasing kills or point capping.
    But this is OT, sorry.

And I get that PvP requires strategy and teamwork, but that's not what even a lot "high end" pvp'ers want, is it?

Instead of working as a SUPPORT class, most CWs are "waaah I can't 1v1 this guy, nerf him!", aren't they? Despite it being a node contesting 5v5 tactical gametype, it devolves into a 1v1 deathmatch, where anytime someone beats someone, it turns into a "this guy is too OP" QQ fests.

But PvE isnt boring either, is it? Teamwork is needed for the skirmishes and dungeons, is it not? And isn't the campaign and storyline not fun enough for people?

But what happens in both PvE and PvP? You have the different styles of MMO play, but no diversifying among the players. PvPers roll premade OP roflstomp comps, and PvE rolls the most OP party comps(CWs/GWFs) to make the content easy.

Where's the fun in that?

But, back on-topic(that guy did drive me OT).

I think it's fine the Warlock runs con=damage. Constitution based damage sounds good on a class that makes a "deal with the devil" for his powers imo. Although it's not quite the same, I've played mmos that have characters that had health based powers. It would be boring to base his powers like a normal wizard: intelligence and/or wisdom based.
  • Options
    charononuscharononus Member Posts: 5,715 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Just want to point out that con adding damage is right from the source books.
    http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Eldritch_blast
  • Options
    edited July 2014
    charononus wrote: »
    Just want to point out that con adding damage is right from the source books.
    http://dnd4.wikia.com/wiki/Eldritch_blast

Thank you. I knew it was in the books, but didn't look it up yet...
  • Options
    tornnomartornnomar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 396 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    CON adding to the resistance ignored is the same a GWF, and the same as STR of the HR, so whats the problem?

As for the rolling of stats, yes most are gonna go for CON. I expect to see alot of CON/CHA builds, much like the DEX/CON GWF of a few months ago.

Arguing whether PvE or PvP is boring is like arguing the whole which came first thing, the Chicken or the Egg.
    [img][/img]NORresized.png
    Branch Lead
  • Options
    celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mxtime wrote: »

Really? Half the time my warlock doesn't do any damage... or it doesn't show that he does. I do like the fluidity of his dodge/run however and it has saved my hide so far. The former could be due to it being on Preview though.