test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

preview client crash

psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited September 2014 in NeverwinterPreview - Bug Reports
Hi,
I can't enter the world on the preview server. When it finishes to load the map it crashes to the desktop.
During the load screen before char selection it shows an error about shaders compilation.
Post edited by psychaos999 on

Comments

• zankardzankard Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm having the exact same problem. Verified everything. Client starts on the "Cryptic" loading screen and crashes before it loads half way.

update: safe mode does nothing to fix the problem.
  • gennarovagennarova Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same problem. I have black screen after the loading of CRYPTIC.
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    forgot to mention I have an ati 7870 and an amd 8350fx
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i crash in the same way. i see a pixel shader or something like that error at the bottom of the screen after selecting my character and it crashes right before the map loads.

i have a radeon 6700 series GPU and an AMD 8120 eight core.

i've tried changing all graphic settings and it doesn't help.
  • iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I get the same issue with an 8350 and a 580GTX. Seems to be a new bug, and I don't see anything in common with the hardware of the people reporting it. Please fix this as soon as possible, as no settings whatsoever work, I have literally spent hours trying different things trying to get it working to no avail.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i crash in the same way. i see a pixel shader or something like that error at the bottom of the screen after selecting my character and it crashes right before the map loads.

i have a radeon 6700 series GPU and an AMD 8120 eight core.

i've tried changing all graphic settings and it doesn't help.

Cool, if a moderator is affected maybe they will fix it faster :P

Anyway, I have tried everything from safe-mode to lowest graphics to directx 9/9ex/11. Nothing worked.
    edited June 2014
    I'm not getting the 'pixel shader' error, but I do get the regular crash window with the submit button. Usually loading screen loads about 1/4th before it happens (before I even get to see my characters screen). Tried safe mode, turned on-demand patching on and off, verified. Still no fix and I'm dying to test out the new stuff :'( Bahh, off to my friend's house I guess.

edit: Using HD5870 + 2 Xeons X5355, in case it's needed.
  • phasednewtphasednewt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have the same issue trying to get on the preview shard.

I get past the character select screen, and get to about 99% pf the loading screen before the client crashes to desktop with a Cryptic error box w/ submit button. It does not matter what character I try (I had about 6 on the preview shard)

I have heard others having the same issue on a variety of hardware (nVidia or AMD/ATI).

My machine is running a ATI Radeon HD 7970 and an AMD 8350 FX 8 core CPU

I have tried:

Copying over a new character did not solve.
    Deleting all characters and copying a new one did not solve.
    Deleting all characters and creating a brand new character did not solve.
    Completely uninstalling and re-installing the NW client and re-downloading both NW and the Preview did not solve.
    Running a brand new install of NW in safe mode (from the options menu) did not solve.

Not much more I can do on my end Cryptic - fix your <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> please :)

*edit - not being a whiner - hoping what I've tried already gives insight into the issue
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »

This is how it goes for me too. I can't test anything, and I really, really want to.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • tachontachon Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    any update on this yet ? I am having the very same issue ....pixel shader error and then crash on character load.
  • query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same here multiple attempts and multiple tickets no love at all. Crashes with about 1cm left on the load bar every time. Considering I main a HR and they are changing the entire feat tree I would really like access to preview.
    edited June 2014
    This is so embarrassing. It's actually the second time that this happens. No word about it, no fixes. Speaks volumes about how this game is designed internally... I've sent like 15 reports. If this is ever going to be fixed it will be too late for us to test anything. Like last time. Pfffft Cryptic do something right for once!
    edited June 2014
    edited June 2014
    Checked to see if anything changed after the patch. It did. Now it crashes as soon as you click 'play'.......
  • cbhughescbhughes Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can we get a dev response to whether this is being looked at or not PLEASE? Some big class changes are coming soon especially cw and I would like to get a look at them so I know what to expect but preview is STILL not working for me.
  • anzrielanzriel Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yup, I'm having the same issue, screen loads to almost full going into protector's enclave, and then crashes. I have an AMD FX 8350 4 GHz processor and ATI Radeon R9 280X graphics card. Windows 7 SP1, I also play through Steam.
    edited June 2014
    Also on an FX 8120 with 2 Saphire 7700s Looks like all AMD here.
    edited June 2014
    Today maybe they'll push a new patch to preview. fingers crossed.
    I'd really like to see how everything is panning out
    edited June 2014
    Another update and now I have 2 versions of my character on preview. Both of which crash.....
    edited June 2014
    When does preview get updated? i still cant log in
    edited June 2014
    On an irregular schedule.

If there's no new preview patch note thread, then it's safe to assume that nothing has changed.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
    edited June 2014
    No news, BAD news :(
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Even with the preview update, I'm still crashing trying load a character or create one.

Live isn't crashing. This is pretty frustrating. :(

Preview has been crashing just trying to load a character ever since the HR update. I've tried verifying the files, deleting and recopying a character, creating a new character, etc.

Any ideas? There seems to be no news on this.

Edit: I have an AMD 8350 like many of the people here. It seems an AMD processor is a common denominator. Can we please get at least an acknowledgement about the problem and a "we're working on it?" Its persistence on preview without acknowledgement is a bit troubling and makes me hesitant to put more time/money into the game.

I'm trying a reinstall just incase.
    edited July 2014
    ****, I want to try the warlock :'(
    edited July 2014
    I keep getting the same pixal error that someone posted on other page of this thread. :l guess im not gonna be able to prepare for mod4. Angers me so much lol
  • zomdzomd Member Posts: 166 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    So I reinstalled, I'm still getting the crash when I load a character, but this time I'm seeing text at the top of the screen right before it crashes that says "Patched files 5" and then looks like it's trying to download something then crashes.

Edit: I turned off on demand patching and now it's patching again on the launcher. I'm crossing my fingers but don't expect much.
  • iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Confirmed, issue still exists after latest patch. Seems to affect everyone with an AMD 8xxx CPU.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • karma3dkarma3d Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    It happens to me the exact same problem on two different computers. One Ati Radeon, The other Nvidea. Please help me. I'm talking with assistance from 2 weeks, do not help me.
  • cbrowne0329cbrowne0329 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 293 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Also having the issue. Hope they see this and fix it soon. AMD FX-8120 Proc.
    edited July 2014
    Yep can't build a Warlock either. This is pathetic. This bug has been ongoing since you released Mod4 on preview and not even a "guys we're working on it" post. Are you trying to score White Whales Cryptic? Do you recognize that this bug only affects custom built high-end gaming machines?