test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

DC Heroic Feats rework suggestion

mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
It's not a secret, that DC has the worst heroic feats and they need to be reworked or buffed.

Healing Action

Gain 1/2/3/4/5% more AP whenever you use a healing ability.
This is the lowest AP boost among all classes, furthermore, it affects only a couple of abilities.

Suggestion to rework:
NEW!Divine Action
Gain 2/4/6/8/10% more AP whenever you use an ability in Divine mode.

Greater Fortune
Your wisdom now grants 1/2/3% more healing.
The lowest bonus among all classes.

Suggestion to rework:
NEW!Greater Fortune
Your wisdom now grants 2/4/6% more healing.

Holy Resolve
Gain 5/10/15% of your Maximum Hit Points in Temporary Hit Points when you drop below 30% Hit Points. Has a 5 minute cooldown.
HD nerfed this feat hard.

Suggestion to rework:
NEW!Holy Resolve
Gain 10/15/20% of your Maximum Hit Points in Temporary Hit Points when you drop below 30% Hit Points. Has a 3 minute cooldown.

Domain Synergy
Gain 1/2/3/4/5% more Recovery.
This is absolutely terrible.

Suggestion to rework:
NEW!Domain Synergy
Increases the effectiveness of Recovery by 5/10/15%.

Initiate of the Faith
Your Crit Stat is increased by .2/.4/.6/.8/1% of your power stat.
No comments.

Suggestion to rework:
NEW!Initiate of the Faith
Your Crit Stat is increased by 3/6/9/12/15% of your power stat.
If you have 6000 power, you would get 900 crit strike. Still far less then GWF stats conversion.

Repurpose Soul
When one of your spells has a critical effect the target of that spell disperses a small area effect heal, healing you and your allies for 5/10/15% of the spell's effect.
Fix all the bugs about this feat.

Cleanse
When you Heal an ally you have a 10/20/30% chance to remove a negative effect from them. You may not Re-Cleanse a target for 8 seconds.
Having both the chance and ICD is unnecessary.

Suggestion to rework:
NEW!Cleanse
When you Heal an ally you remove a negative effect from them. You may not Re-Cleanse a target for 12/10/8 seconds.

Templar's Domain
When dealing damage, you have a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to gain 30% more Armor Penetration for 5 seconds.
To make this feat useful, you have to already have a lot of ArP, but you don't wanna build ArP as a cleric, right? Oh, and it has 5 min ICD.

Suggestion to rework:
NEW!Templar's Domain
You ignore 4/8/12% of you target's defense.

Bountiful Fortune
Gain 3/6/9/12/15% more Divine Power.
Just a little buff needed.

Suggestion to rework:
NEW!Bountiful Fortune
Gain 4/8/12/16/20% more Divine Power.
M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
Post edited by mehguy138 on

Comments

• jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Nice, these are a good ideas to make cleric useful and playable instead of burdening our allies. Also, since the threat mechanic is changed (Mark), i hope our battlewise can be removed.

Given that the number of debuffs in pvp is so high, I think we can increase cleanse rank to 5, decreasing its internal cooldown by two more stage. It makes no sense when we are heavily debuffed by others heroic and paragon feats, we cleansed ourselves and our target once, and in a split second we have those 5 or 6 debuffs on us again. Lowering the ICD will help alot, even the 10/20/30% chance is still there.
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    It's not a secret, that DC has the worst heroic feats and they need to be reworked or buffed.

Healing Action

This is the lowest AP boost among all classes, furthermore, it affects only a couple of abilities.

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Divine Action

Greater Fortune

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Greater Fortune

Holy Resolve
    Gain 5/10/15% of your Maximum Hit Points in Temporary Hit Points when you drop below 30% Hit Points. Has a 5 minute cooldown.

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Holy Resolve
    Gain 10/15/20% of your Maximum Hit Points in Temporary Hit Points when you drop below 30% Hit Points. Has a 3 minute cooldown.

Domain Synergy

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Domain Synergy

Initiate of the Faith
    No comments.

Suggestion to rework:
    If you have 6000 power, you would get 900 crit strike. Still far less then GWF stats conversion.

Repurpose Soul
    When one of your spells has a critical effect the target of that spell disperses a small area effect heal, healing you and your allies for 5/10/15% of the spell's effect.

Cleanse
    When you Heal an ally you have a 10/20/30% chance to remove a negative effect from them. You may not Re-Cleanse a target for 8 seconds.

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Cleanse
    When you Heal an ally you remove a negative effect from them. You may not Re-Cleanse a target for 12/10/8 seconds.

Templar's Domain
    When dealing damage, you have a 5/10/15/20/25% chance to gain 30% more Armor Penetration for 5 seconds.
    To make this feat useful, you have to already have a lot of ArP, but you don't wanna build ArP as a cleric, right? Oh, and it has 5 min ICD.

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Templar's Domain

Bountiful Fortune

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Bountiful Fortune

I like your proposals very much. And I agree with jazzfong too that cleanse needs a little more love.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    +5 for this, +1 for every one of my clerics.
    This is sad when you are choosing feats for your CD, it is something like: "this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, this is <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, this could be somewhat useful in some situation so I'm taking it"
    Imagine my shock when I tried a gwf: "this is good, this is good and this is too... what should I choose?"
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    I support this thread wholeheartedly, nice compilation indeedy.. I'd be surprised if they even consider to improve it at all. I read once somewhere that they are content with the position DC currently is in right now.

If it's gonna be implemented (with close supervision), it wont really affect balance (feels like a deserving change after all this time).. These suggestion is more towards variety to cleric's heroic feat choice rather than buffing.

In regards to cleanse... my Point of View is that the major issue with cleanse isnt really its proc rate, but rather its internal cooldown. Either make the internal cooldown 8 seconds but remove ALL cleansable negative effects at once, or removing 1 negative effect only but reduce the internal cooldown.

PS : It would be better if you can change the suggestion part's color to cyan .. Devs read suggestions better when they are colored as such.
  • nurmoodnurmood Member Posts: 342 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Again and again - nice suggestions - i hope they will take that into consideration
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cleanse was nerfed long ago, it was given an ICD because DCs could re-cleanse their allies almost every second. I'm not sure what I want: re-cleanse allies more often (shorter ICD) or make re-cleansing more confident (increasing or removing chance to cleanse). Like godhric said, they can remove ICD, but make cleanse removing only 1 negative effect at a time.
  • spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Cleanse was nerfed long ago, it was given an ICD because DCs could re-cleanse their allies almost every second.

With the new Oppressor CWs and Warlocks we may want it less than 8 seconds between cleanses. I think they can add a complete stack of chill in under 5 now.
  • realramaladnirealramaladni Member Posts: 51
    edited July 2014
    Great suggestions, I could mention though that Greater Fortune feat can give even +5% more healing if you have high enough Wisdom. If you double that...10% could be a little too much.

Although...as for crit and recovery, it's not hard to get these stats at decent enough (soft/hard cap) values.
    Hot Pants

#1 Enemy Team PvP Devoted Cleric

Best rapper 2014
    Alpha female
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Healing Action

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Divine Action

Greater Fortune

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Greater Fortune

Holy Resolve

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Holy Resolve

Domain Synergy

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Domain Synergy

Initiate of the Faith
    No comments.

Suggestion to rework:

Repurpose Soul

Cleanse

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Cleanse

Templar's Domain

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Templar's Domain

Bountiful Fortune

Suggestion to rework:
    NEW!Bountiful Fortune

+1 Bump
    /10 char
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • masizin777masizin777 Member Posts: 181 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I agree with almost all of this, but part of the flaw is in our gear sets also. This means maybe a quarter of this wouldn't be necessary if we had better gear sets. I personally use the high prophet set, so if there was a better version of that without the huge nerf of stats in the profound sets I would be happy.
  • ulvielulviel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 741 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    masizin777 wrote: »
    I agree with almost all of this, but part of the flaw is in our gear sets also. This means maybe a quarter of this wouldn't be necessary if we had better gear sets. I personally use the high prophet set, so if there was a better version of that without the huge nerf of stats in the profound sets I would be happy.

True itemization for a cleric is terrible. However, with arpen fixed, maybe it won't be that bad.... Oh who am I kidding, HP still going to be the best you can get.

Back to feats. It is true our heroic feats are <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> and I support changes OP suggests, but what about paragon ones?
    There are only few worth that actually do anything, for example, faithful tree has 2 (2!) that are useful: linked spirit (in practice you need to use divine FF to proc it) and moon touched. And that's it. Greater divine power is a laugh, also I belive devs do not want clerics to heal at all and gave us healing abilities only to make the class somewhat near the d&d.

Which is why it would be better to throw the whole tree away, those 2 feats push to other trees (plenty of feats that nobody will miss there that could be replaced) and make something for dps clerics, something like "your at-wills deal 2/4/6/8/10% more dmg" and such.
  • abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    *tosses in wholehearted support for all changes suggested in the first post*
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I like the ideas. My suggestions...

Initiate of the Faith
    No comments.

Suggestion to rework:
    Your Power is increased by 3/6/9/12/15% of your Recovery stat.
    Generally, Power is better than Crit in almost all cases.
  • lyaiselyaise Member Posts: 491 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Initiate of the Faith
    No comments.

Suggestion to rework:

Hi, I can well understand why you have said this, however I'm in favour of the original post at the moment. Why? Not because it couldn't be improved by other changes to it, but because of the following:

The original post is good in that it list skills and suggests modifying figures rather than larger changes to the outcome of each ability.
    I think that sticking to number modifications would be seen as easier for the development team to look at.
    The current scenario with the DC is one of struggling to get any positive changes, so the easier the suggestion is to check, the better. Sticking to a basic increase in percentages is probably one of the simplest, (most acceptable?) ways to do this.
    Let's face it, Cleric players would fall off their collective chairs if even one of these suggestions made it to Mod 4.
    ...............vote for your favourite expansion..........
    "Mod 6. Oh my f****** god. It gutted the game pure and simple. And what wasn't gutted was messed up by the poorly thought out new level cap and equip. The game never recovered from that atrocity".
    ..............not this one then.............
  • mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Initiate of the Faith
    No comments.

Suggestion to rework:

Yeap, I rethought that and realized, that increasing stat ratings from feats is a bad idea in general (except for power as it has no diminishing returns), because it's pretty easy to reach the soft caps and the effectiveness of those feats decreases in proportion to the amount of the stats you already have, i.e. the more you get from items, the less you benefit from feats. So we could have something like this:

Suggestion to rework:
    Your healing abilities have 1/2/3/4/5% more chance to crit.
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I'd change...

Domain Synergy

to...

NEW!Domain Synergy
    Decrease cooldowns by 3/6/9%.

to avoid diminshing returns and also to be more in line what CWs and GFs are getting.
  • rabbinicusrabbinicus Member Posts: 1,822 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Great suggestions, let's hope that the Powers-That-Be take note of them!
    The right to command is earned through duty, the privilege of rank is service.