test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyranny of Dragons Preview Patch Notes NW.25.20140630a.2

Comments

• str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    Warlock's Curse is your tab mechanic. The others are triggered by various powers in the Warlock's kit.

Ewww, another mark mechanic like GF? greaaaat....
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • williep30williep30 Member Posts: 773 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Its wasted when they destroy a class like the CW and you don't ever wanna play it again.
    Thats mostly why I rather quit than play a new class. I have 2 lvl 99 artifacts and one legendary. Not to mention the companions and mounts you bought from AH.

Youre not understanding that they didn't "destroy the class" they put it more in line with what it was supposed to be: a CONTROL Wizard! Theyre keeping their control, read the notes and test it out for yourself. Heck, the control portion of its abilities is boosted if you read the dev tracker notes... Its their damage that gets lowered.

As a CW, I know that we did too much damage AND controlled. All the other classes had a primary role and a weaker secondary role: CW(controller, striker) GWF(striker, tank) GF(Tank, striker) DC(Healer, buffer/debuffer) HR(striker, controller). The top two classes getting nerfed, are getting nerfed because they basically had 2 primary roles: CW "striked" as much, if not more, than anyone else, and GWF "tanked" as much as he "striked".

I for one will not stop playing my CW. But ill also enjoy employing the new warlock class as much as others. Read the Warlocks abilities. They don't have much, if any, control powers. Were still going to see CW heavy parties. Just that employing more dps class helps with the dungeons.
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
  • airane0nairane0n Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    We can patch it but the server is down
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    williep30 wrote: »
    Youre not understanding that they didn't "destroy the class" they put it more in line with what it was supposed to be: a CONTROL Wizard! Theyre keeping their control, read the notes and test it out for yourself. Heck, the control portion of its abilities is boosted if you read the dev tracker notes... Its their damage that gets lowered.

As a CW, I know that we did too much damage AND controlled. All the other classes had a primary role and a weaker secondary role: CW(controller, striker) GWF(striker, tank) GF(Tank, striker) DC(Healer, buffer/debuffer) HR(striker, controller). The top two classes getting nerfed, are getting nerfed because they basically had 2 primary roles: CW "striked" as much, if not more, than anyone else, and GWF "tanked" as much as he "striked".

I for one will not stop playing my CW. But ill also enjoy employing the new warlock class as much as others. Read the Warlocks abilities. They don't have much, if any, control powers. Were still going to see CW heavy parties. Just that employing more dps class helps with the dungeons.

I'm perfectly fine with a control wizard that has control equal to the damage nerf. But that's not the case. The CW has very little control now even with shatter from the Oppressor tree and like no control at all for Thaum and Renegade. Most classes has enough immunity and powers that gives immunity so that we are screwed the second they pop it.

I'm talking about PvP. And when it comes to PvP, the CW has never been the "top" class. We could beat the GF, but nothing else in PvP. And now its even worse. GWF, TR and HR are the topclasses in PvP and they all own a CW.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    @ Panderus

Not sure if you can say or not say however,

No new info if Dragon born is coming ?
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

I agree with you, but I'm afraid we won't even have control :/

The super nerf to Singularity and no buff to compensate hints that.
    (´・ ω ・`)
    edited July 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    I agree with you, but I'm afraid we won't even have control :/

Ill guess well have to see then. They way I read the dev tracker, the control portion is boosted. Can you show me where the control is getting nerfed? Cant find it...
    I hear "learn to play" all the time, but it seems to me that it should be defined as "my class is balanced, except when others beat it, then THAT class is OP"...
    edited July 2014
    @ Panderus

Not sure if you can say or not say however,

No new info if Dragon born is coming ?

lol. FUS RO DAH!
  • thesleeper55thesleeper55 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 42
    edited July 2014
    Please re-consider changing reckless attacker feat, what you are proposing is a nerf not a bonus. If you want to change things fine with the rest of the changes but not reckless attacker feat, give the class a more offensive weapon set bonus, every one is defensive. Just about every armor set and armor set bonus if defensive, give a good offensive weapon set and armor set with decent set bonus's and the class will be fine. The skill definitions are a little misleading, but if you study them and do as I did, you can build a GF that hits like a mack truck and still survives, he is an offensive build and dang good at it.

There are a dime a dozen tank builds, that's an easy build but to build a GF that hits close to the same damages as a GWF is hard but it can be done I am proof, but not if u NERF reckless attacker.
  • hfgtfsdfshfgtfsdfs Member Posts: 688 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ill guess well have to see then. They way I read the dev tracker, the control portion is boosted. Can you show me where the control is getting nerfed? Cant find it...

Well just because they didn't nerf the control don't mean we have control. The control SUCKS on live and the small boost they gave is nothing compared to all that damage we lost. They did add some higher recharge times on some spells like entangle and chill strike and that is a nerf on control because those powers gives stuns.

I didnt even beat a GWF (a good one) with permafreeze.
    ZengiaH@ejziponken
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    PewPewPew and myself will be on Preview doing some PVP with our Warlocks for anyone who wants to come play! Find us in the trade of blades!
  • hefisdohefisdo Member Posts: 709 Bounty Hunter
    edited July 2014

Our control on PvP is ludicrous. We currently serve as a glass cannon on PvP, since every other class got even better control (a.k.a. prones). Without damage we're a walking free-kill.

I think we should get more dazes and less stuns, since stuns are too powerful and due to that commonly doesn't last that long.
    PewPewPew and myself will be on Preview doing some PVP with our Warlocks for anyone who wants to come play! Find us in the trade of blades!

o_o we're able to create level 60 Warlocks or is it low level PvP?
    (´・ ω ・`)
  • crystal892fcrystal892f Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Erm, stupid question, but how do you CREATE a new character on the preview server? Can't find the button / option...
  • gman118gman118 Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    hfgtfsdfs wrote: »
    Well just because they didn't nerf the control don't mean we have control. The control SUCKS on live and the small boost they gave is nothing compared to all that damage we lost.
    I think the Control is fine in PvE(PvP I don't consider the "Game"(just a preference)),you guys got Singualrity,timesteal(whatever its called)Icy terrain,shard of avalanche,ray of frost,opressive force,and a few others so you guys still have control,better than ever other class and because they made cooldowns longer it makes a GF viable,since they can hold them now.Just my opinion though.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Erm, stupid question, but how do you CREATE a new character on the preview server? Can't find the button / option...
    Ditto... lol
    va8Ru.gif
  • gentlemancrushgentlemancrush Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 445 Cryptic Developer
    edited July 2014
    hefisdo wrote: »
    o_o we're able to create level 60 Warlocks or is it low level PvP?

We are using Developer commands, you will have to level your Warlock up the hard way :)
    edited July 2014
    We are using Developer commands, you will have to level your Warlock up the hard way :)

Right, but how can I start a new Character on the test shard? I can do it on Owl, but on Preview it's disabled? :(
    va8Ru.gif
    edited July 2014
    Go down to less then 2 copied characters, got it! :D
    va8Ru.gif
    edited July 2014
    Please re-consider changing reckless attacker feat, what you are proposing is a nerf not a bonus. If you want to change things fine with the rest of the changes but not reckless attacker feat, give the class a more offensive weapon set bonus, every one is defensive. Just about every armor set and armor set bonus if defensive, give a good offensive weapon set and armor set with decent set bonus's and the class will be fine. The skill definitions are a little misleading, but if you study them and do as I did, you can build a GF that hits like a mack truck and still survives, he is an offensive build and dang good at it.

There are a dime a dozen tank builds, that's an easy build but to build a GF that hits close to the same damages as a GWF is hard but it can be done I am proof, but not if u NERF reckless attacker.

I ran a conqueror based GF to try it. Reckless Attacker + Knights Challenge contributed to most of my damage. Problem is, Knights Challenge doesn't work properly atm, and our encounter powers are so subpar that even with over 9k power, Im doing more damage with my at wills(dps wise).

I like the crit chance and damage/crit enhancing feature of Reckless Attacker now... How is it a nerf?
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014

Can't you ever introduce a way to make a lvl 60 through a command with requirements needed on live (say at least 2 lvl 60s on live)?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Yup, there is no way to have more than the default 2 character slots on preview. You can make a ton of copies, but have to have a slot free to roll a new one.

Incidentally, this makes lowbie testing all the more difficult, because there is no reliable way to save an earlier stage of your live character (or multiples), or test more than two new characters in parallel.

I know it's been said that you want us to be able to test natural progression and not do everything all the time with our geared-to-the-teeth, fully booned, maxed-out live characters....

The mechanics of the test servers make this slightly difficult....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • shiikuushiikuu Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 65
    edited July 2014
    why did you remove the change character now button? waiting 15s each time is hell when i want to log through my 10 chars in the morning or switch fast between char, to get something.

when you did this to stop the open pvp escaping by logout, than only do this while flaged
  • iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Any news on when the pixel shader issue is going to be fixed? Kinda hard for people to test things when lots of us cannot even get on the test server. I personally have had to use an old laptop just to get on, which is not optimal at all.

Edit: the crash issue seems to apply to anyone with a AMD 8xxx CPU.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still no TR stuffs. Disappoint.

So after fighting the dev's warlocks on preview (only very briefly, 2 short matches)

It doesn't seem like they did that much damage.
    In the first match, I was able to kill pew in about 10 seconds, but in the second match they changed their builds and my flurries barely took off any HP at all and my whirlwind did 800 damage.

They definitely don't seem OP to me, but of course that's just based on an hour or so on preview.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • izidiusizidius Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 40
    edited July 2014
    zokir wrote: »
    Still no TR stuffs. Disappoint.

So after fighting the dev's warlocks on preview (only very briefly, 2 short matches)

It doesn't seem like they did that much damage.
    In the first match, I was able to kill pew in about 10 seconds, but in the second match they changed their builds and my flurries barely took off any HP at all and my whirlwind did 800 damage.

They definitely don't seem OP to me, but of course that's just based on an hour or so on preview.

Whirlwind 800 dmg?!? The devs probably put on a dev buff or something lol
  • zacazuzacazu Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,934 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    2 things.

1 - please, fix the run / female walk of gwf. if it is just a test, ok. i understand.

2 - santa maria, rework warlock walk/run. it is not evil, is hilarious. search for "yori oroshi" on youtube. should be in line with what you guys want.
  • antovarasantovaras Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Still unable to test, Patch causes a Crash to Desktop even in safe mode.

AMD 8350 4GHz
    8 Gig RAM
    AMD R270 Graphics Card with 14.6 Catalyst drivers, note, crashes with 14.4 a well.
    Windows 8.1 64bt
    A world to defend
    A city to protect
    innocents to save
    "Why?" They ask "they hate you"
    We're heroes it's what we do.
    *patiently waiting on Paragon City*
  • ianthewizard2012ianthewizard2012 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,142 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Isn't GWF's sprint grants cc immunity a bit too much? They already have Unstoppable, and they will gain one more form of cc immunity? That means we can't Repel them nor can we chock them while they are sprinting toward us?
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Man, I think it's very lame that we have spent such a huge amount of AD/Time in the artifacts and companions, etc then a new class is released and if we want to play with that class we have to invest again an insane amount of resources, there should be an item in the zen market that allow us to unbind artifacts and companions at least (Keeping bind on account status). Thinking about leaving so many legendaries and epics in my GWF doing nothing while I play the SW is just sick (I already had to do it with my DC).

+1
    I'd buy an unbind token for artifacts/companions from the zen store.
  • emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Isn't GWF's sprint grants cc immunity a bit too much? They already have Unstoppable, and they will gain one more form of cc immunity? That means we can't Repel them nor can we chock them while they are sprinting toward us?

Yep you just die now, thats it
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
This discussion has been closed.