test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: 10 dolloar levelling token.

jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I levelled an HR, and then levelled a CW - second time around it was quite nostalgic, and I appreciated the work that had gone into the various stages on the way up to 60 much more than my first clueless rush to the end game.

I've a third empty character slot, which I'll probably use for the warlock class unless it turns out to be very lackluster, however the very idea of grinding through the levelling process and particularly sharandar fills me with a deep feeling of dread.

Basically, if there was a magic 'bing!!! You are now level 60 with your choice of DR and Shar boons' token for sale I would buy it without a second thought. Make it only available for accounts with 2 already levelled characters or something, but please God, make something like this an option.

Pick 6 flowers and kill 8 spiders.

Brrr.

Lol, spelt dollar wrong. And yes, English is my first language. Big fingers, little keyboard...
No idea what my toon is now.
Post edited by jonkoca on

Comments

• iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It looks like all the pre level 60 maps could be getting reworked with new enemies and also Heroic encounters so leveling up Warlock will probably not be as tedious as leveling up all our other alts.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    jonkoca wrote: »
    *snippety-snip*

if there was a magic 'bing!!! You are now level 60 with your choice of DR and Shar boons' token for sale I would buy it without a second thought. Make it only available for accounts with 2 already levelled characters or something, but please God, make something like this an option.

*snipetty-snip-snip*

I am totally against this suggestion. Boons are optional, either work for them or ignore them. It takes months to get all boons and seriously, 10 Dollar won't be enough for months of grinding and repetitive questing, in fact not even $500 would cover the hours and hours of sharandar/Dread ring/Icewind dale questing.

---

No thanks.

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Suggestion: Lets compromise on the non-boon version. Up to level 60, just Tons of XP (whatever needed for level 60) nothing less, nothing more.
    And should be limited to accounts with at least two 60 characters or it will be a new botting era.
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Even if this was limited to only people who've leveled characters before this is a TERRIBLE idea.

I've already leveled several characters with hardly any interaction on my part - exactly two of my characters were leveled to 60 by actually playing, and they're both TRs. I have nine level 60s, at least one in every class, leveled to 60 from invocation/leadership XP over the course of months.

The end result?

I have NO FREAKING IDEA how to play anything but TRs. I dragged them all out during the Jubilee to do the skirmish to grind for my stupid keys, and I was terrible. Do you really want a game full of people who got to 60 by paying money and have no clue how to play their class joining your PUGs? No?

Then don't make it possible to level to 60 just by paying for it.
  • archerbahmarcherbahm Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 23 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd also opt for token to lose XP or lose a lvl.
    Even the option to take xp or not when returning a qst.
    Levelling is so fast that I've missed out on a few dungeons on the way up.
    Two of my alts made 60 just by getting prayed up - the dailies for the other 60's take up so much time that I couldn't play the others.

New content in the under 60 areas would be great too
  • frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Do you really want a game full of people who got to 60 by paying money and have no clue how to play their class joining your PUGs? No?

Then don't make it possible to level to 60 just by paying for it.

Considering how most pugs played when I did the jubilee, that already happens. They are already absolutely terrible. At least this way I wouldn't be forced to do the same content I've already done 7 times just because I want a new character. You said it yourself that it's already possible to level without playing so what would be new?
  • rhoriangelusrhoriangelus Member Posts: 703 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The difference is it would be much, MUCH worse if you allow people to pay for instant gratification. If you don't want to play a character up to 60? Don't. It takes like half an hour to get to level 11 and start invoking.

That's aside the fact that you don't even have to play through ALL of the content to get to 60 - not even close. I got to level 60 FAR before I hit the last area the one time I decided to do all the quests in order. After about level 20 I was out leveling every place I went to almost immediately. You can get to 60 in a weekend, especially if you PVP throughout or buy XP boosters (yes, you can get packs with XP boosters).

There's simply no good reason to give people the option of buying level 60 just because you're sick of the content.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Considering how most pugs played when I did the jubilee, that already happens. They are already absolutely terrible. At least this way I wouldn't be forced to do the same content I've already done 7 times just because I want a new character. You said it yourself that it's already possible to level without playing so what would be new?

Agree, the horrors that i saw in that event are non-erasable and yet nothing changes, there will be always those that will not learn or refuse to listen. And those that will learn very quickly, search and try to better themselves irrelevant of how they got to 60. Players that have already a chars 60 can just pray / leadership others to 60 and nothing more. This will just add a small AD sink to lazy people ( like me - that just want to try the mechanic of some skills and get that **** GWF artifact ;) )

(I assume we talk 10$ as in 1000 ZEN -> 500K AD (hopefully fullfiled before a toon actually prays his way to 60) and not as in packs or anything)
    edited June 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Here they are called campaign treasure chests. Get them by invoking for 6 days.

They're still pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, especially the dread one now...
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    They're still pretty <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, especially the dread one now...

Each campaign cache of treasure basically shaves off 1 day you'd need to advance, otherwise.

Also don't forget that one of the level 60+ rewards is a tome that grants you 5K XP and is usable for your future characters, (it's account bound).

Almost all of the various promo codes also include an XP booster of some sort.

Now couple that with things like the Foundry event, which grants 150% XP...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have 6 level 60's and 4 are ready for IWD, but I keep them in DR and Sharandar to complete the areas just because it is fun. It might seem tedious a few times, but all you have to really do is the dungeon for the tokens. Only when you need more scrolls do you need to do the other dailies. Saves me a lot of time.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i personally don't think this would ever be offered. they could offer more racial/class specific quests in the race to level 60, but as far as an automatic level 60 token... definitely too much in the way of instant gratification there. and in the way of d&d lore, i don't see how it could be explained.
    edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    i personally don't think this would ever be offered. they could offer more racial/class specific quests in the race to level 60, but as far as an automatic level 60 token... definitely too much in the way of instant gratification there. and in the way of d&d lore, i don't see how it could be explained.

Well an instant level 60, although nice may be pushing it, but it would nice to have some other effective way at reducing the time it takes to do levelling up/boons when already done multiple times. Once the final boons is unlocked for example it would be nice if the campaign treasures amount was increase and became account bound. As for the levelling maybe a % increase in xp tome maybe for a day/several days.
    edited June 2014
    Here are a few additional things they could do, to help people along:

1. Some zones offer a quest to collect a certain number of their bounty items - expand this to offer such a quest in all of the 1-59 zones.

2. Some zones offer a quest w/ a reward for participating in the related zone event - add one to every zone (if they don't already have one).

3. Add repeatable bounty quests - like how the one to kill X bandit leaders & Y regular bandits in Blackdagger used to be repeatable.

4. Add a quest that gives a reward for participating in a zone's skirmish - possibly repeatable on a daily basis.

5. Do the same as above, only for the normal dungeons.

6. Add more of the "mystery quests" that are granted from enemies randomly dropping items that start said quests.

As an expansion to 6 above, I'd love to see some generic, repeatable "mystery quests" that can span zones - like "Defeat X minion-class enemies" or "Defeat Y boss-class enemies" - just follow the "Must be within 7 levels rule" for these missions.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    edited June 2014
    Well an instant level 60, although nice may be pushing it, but it would nice to have some other effective way at reducing the time it takes to do levelling up/boons when already done multiple times. Once the final boons is unlocked for example it would be nice if the campaign treasures amount was increase and became account bound. As for the levelling maybe a % increase in xp tome maybe for a day/several days.

If your main concern is getting access to IWD, you can already achieve that in under 2 weeks, just by doing DR & using a 6-day chest or 2; I don't think that's an unreasonable requirement. Maybe they could add some sort of 4-day chest that allows you to immediately reset 1 set of a campaign's dailies - like you do your 3 quests and lair in DR, then can use this chest to get another set offered as soon as you're done with those.
  • linoge63linoge63 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 373 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I levelled an HR, and then levelled a CW - second time around it was quite nostalgic, and I appreciated the work that had gone into the various stages on the way up to 60 much more than my first clueless rush to the end game.

I've a third empty character slot, which I'll probably use for the warlock class unless it turns out to be very lackluster, however the very idea of grinding through the levelling process and particularly sharandar fills me with a deep feeling of dread.

Basically, if there was a magic 'bing!!! You are now level 60 with your choice of DR and Shar boons' token for sale I would buy it without a second thought. Make it only available for accounts with 2 already levelled characters or something, but please God, make something like this an option.

Brrr.

Lol, spelt dollar wrong. And yes, English is my first language. Big fingers, little keyboard...

I tend to agree.

How would choosing this path effect anyone else's game-play or decision whether they do this or not? None...Zip

Like really...whats it to anyone else if someone chooses to pass-by what another already went through with 2 other characters?

If anything...IF you CHOOSE to ENJOY PLAYING the Game...then it could be said that its his LOSS that he misses out on the action in his 3rd PC....which is still his CHOICE of which the effect on anyone else...is still zip...which even if it did, you would have equal choosing to do so.
    edited June 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    If your main concern is getting access to IWD, you can already achieve that in under 2 weeks, just by doing DR & using a 6-day chest or 2; I don't think that's an unreasonable requirement. Maybe they could add some sort of 4-day chest that allows you to immediately reset 1 set of a campaign's dailies - like you do your 3 quests and lair in DR, then can use this chest to get another set offered as soon as you're done with those.

Not really my concern. Upon being level 11 on my 7th toon and 2nd gwf, it took me 5 days to reach iwd after others I levelled with did the same. Being able to buy thayan relics which allow you to get your 3rd boon one doing the weekly is a godsend and not too overpriced. If only I could do the same with sharandar. Sharandar requires a lot more sparks and also doesn't give you any blades whilst also being more costly.
    edited June 2014
    Not really my concern. Upon being level 11 on my 7th toon and 2nd gwf, it took me 5 days to reach iwd after others I levelled with did the same. Being able to buy thayan relics which allow you to get your 3rd boon one doing the weekly is a godsend and not too overpriced. If only I could do the same with sharandar. Sharandar requires a lot more sparks and also doesn't give you any blades whilst also being more costly.

OK, but you don't need boons from both to do IWD, so I don't see the issue here. If anything, they should adjust the requirements for Feywild to be more in line w/ Dread Ring...
    edited June 2014
    bioshrike wrote: »
    OK, but you don't need boons from both to do IWD, so I don't see the issue here. If anything, they should adjust the requirements for Feywild to be more in line w/ Dread Ring...

IWD wasn't my concern. Just doing content I've already unlocked which was repetitive the first time let alone 7. Especially when done on the same class already.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    This will just add a small AD sink to lazy people ( like me - that just want to try the mechanic of some skills and get that **** GWF artifact ;) )

(I assume we talk 10$ as in 1000 ZEN -> 500K AD (hopefully fullfiled before a toon actually prays his way to 60) and not as in packs or anything)

The exact same reason for me considering rolling a disposa-gwf character. I suppose I can always just pvp my way to the top.

Question, if I do roll a gwf, get the artifact on all my other toons, then delete the gwf, does the artifact option remain claimable on any later toon I roll in its place..?
  • tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    dollarroarrrr.
    we`re all excited about the roar so we understand the typo.
    but yes, you re not the only one not wanting to do all dailies again.
    i knew it was coming for a while, because personly i`m not going to do it whatever class they make :D
    i guess they`ll do some discount on xp bonus, or double xp weekend again.
    but if that would be enough for most players i don`t know.
    edited June 2014
    Question, if I do roll a gwf, get the artifact on all my other toons, then delete the gwf, does the artifact option remain claimable on any later toon I roll in its place..?

Not sure, personally I'm not sure I'd be willing to risk it even if it did currently work. But I have all my toons ready for l20 leadership anyway so that they pay for themselves.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    WOW had this very late in the game.

I think Neverwinter is still too new to have this feature. In the future, I think we will have some version of this but not right now
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    WOW had this very late in the game.

I think Neverwinter is still too new to have this feature. In the future, I think we will have some version of this but not right now

Haven't played WOW for a while, but I seem to remember it taking much less total time to get to level cap there than to get to 60 and get the boons done in Neverwinter. Not to mention the boon grind here is ultra-boring also....
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    Haven't played WOW for a while, but I seem to remember it taking much less total time to get to level cap there than to get to 60 and get the boons done in Neverwinter. Not to mention the boon grind here is ultra-boring also....

To get all boons? Probably. But you kinda are nitpicking to fit your argument

Let's be honest, most of the best boons are the easy ones that would take you a week of hourly grinds.

Now if we want to talk about extreme hardcore min-maxing where every advantage matters, then you'd have to get every boon but the same goes for WOW. You can also buy some of the relics on the auction house to trade in for bounties.
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Okay, so I went ahead and rolled a gwf this morning. Imaginatively named 'Gwiff the GWF'.

Wow. I'd suspected gwfs were the easy mode class, but never thought it would be this easy. I'm level 28 already, and have managed to skip blacklake altogether. Mouse one and mouse two depressed, tab for the win. I've died all of twice, once in the dungeon and once in the graveyard.

Getting my butt kicked in pvp though, by CWs even. Anyway, worth it for the sigil.