test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Coalescent Wards don't "drop" for me anymore

markonsmarkons Member Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Maybe there is a thread on this, i don't know for sure.

I have a lots of characters, level 60, praying each day, never skipping it.. I always open a 7 days chest. I didn't pull a single one Coalescent since november last year, if I recall right. I have calculated that I have opened around 250 of them so far..and not one.
My question is, are they real? :) What's the drop rate? I pulled I think 3 only so far, and I play since beta. Or am I just so unlucky not to get them?
I understand that Cryptic and PWE need to get some money from somewhere, but seriously, whole this year not even one to get?

I have also noticed that since the Dread Ring their price on AH has gone from 90-100k AD to 500-600k AD, so I guess there are more people that don't get em anymore.
Post edited by markons on

Comments

• Options
    cindiklecindikle Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 43
    edited June 2014
    It's an unforgiving system.

But to me the real problem is the lack of AD sinks.

Just look at the cost to upgrade a mount. 2mil AD. That's 4000 Zen right now. It'd be more if it was lower than 500ad per zen.
    No one outside of people with more AD than time would buy that.

Seems everything worth an AD sink is put into events or the Zen market. Otherwise is far too overpriced.

I get you're mainly complaining about the droprate from 7 prayers. But their price would at least be manageable if there wasn't so much AD around.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i've gotten 6-7 from the boxes since December; sorry brah, RNG is RNG

the prices have indeed gone up. the first jump after December was because the invoke wards were made BoA. the most recent jump was because the trade bar bought wards were made BoA too. the only tradeable wards left are zen bought (or dungeon dropped) wards.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tinukeda wrote: »
    i've gotten 6-7 from the boxes since December; sorry brah, RNG is RNG

the prices have indeed gone up. the first jump after December was because the invoke wards were made BoA. the most recent jump was because the trade bar bought wards were made BoA too. the only tradeable wards left are zen bought (or dungeon dropped) wards.

They don't drop in dungeons. It's zen or nothing.
  • Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    They don't drop in dungeons. It's zen or nothing.

I swear I've seen one from a boss, but could be mis-remembering.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Bosses drop their normal loot, one of 3 artifacts (rarely) or marks unless theres a secret noone knows about. Apaprently dragon eggs have a very low chance to drop from mobs.
  • Options
    syka08syka08 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    frishter wrote: »
    Bosses drop their normal loot, one of 3 artifacts (rarely) or marks unless theres a secret noone knows about. Apaprently dragon eggs have a very low chance to drop from mobs.

I've never heard that dragon eggs have a chance to drop from mobs. Outside of special events like Gifts of Tymora which have a chance of generating an egg when opened, the only time I've heard eggs dropping are from Skill Nodes during professions time. This, of course, is supposed to be a very rare occurrence.

To stay on topic: Since december, between the 4 of my characters, I've had 2 Coal wards drop. Rng is Rng indeed X3.
    contents to be decided
  • Options
    chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I started keeping track on four specific chars, three weeks ago today. (Just raw data.. for anyone who cares...)

06/11/14
    Bartin Coal
    Aerys Peri
    Lucan Pres
    Annika Peri

06/18/14
    Bartin Peri
    Aerys Peri
    Lucan Coal
    Annika Peri

6/25/14
    Bartin Peri
    Aerys Peri
    Lucan Peri
    Annika Peri

7/2/14
    Annika Coal
    Aerys Pres
    Lucan Peri
    Bartin Pres

16 boxes- Coal: 3, Pres: 3, Peri: 10
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That's some nice statistics, I heard some people were saying they were getting more wards lately, let's hope they raised a bit the % to get them through the chest.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    degraafinationdegraafination Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've had around 8 drops now (got one yesterday) from invoking since the changes. I invoke on 11 characters daily.
    PWP_zpsf8f711ce.jpg
    Join Essence of Aggression: PVP-ing Hard Since Beta!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    syka08 wrote: »
    I've never heard that dragon eggs have a chance to drop from mobs. Outside of special events like Gifts of Tymora which have a chance of generating an egg when opened, the only time I've heard eggs dropping are from Skill Nodes during professions time. This, of course, is supposed to be a very rare occurrence.

To stay on topic: Since december, between the 4 of my characters, I've had 2 Coal wards drop. Rng is Rng indeed X3.

Saw a post with a screenshot of it dropping from a mob in a foundry. I guess it's not totally unbelievable, green crafting stuff drops on occasion, blue stuff like arcane crystals drop extremely rarely, and well purple ones are pretty much unheard of. Never came across one myself and I have 7 level 60s.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    12 chars here.. I have received a Coal on at least one char not included in the four above in that time frame. Those four are the four who just happened to be at 7/7 on the day I started counting. I am satisfied with the drop rate at this time. It was MUCH better before the refinement patch.. but afterward it was absolutely terrible for a long time. I have no doubt whatsoever that they have improved it in the last month or two. But who knows.. maybe I have just been very lucky with the RNG and am headed for a rude awakening.. lol. I will continue to track.

So, I have some complaints that I won't waste my time voicing.. but the Coalescent drop rate from Invocation is not among them. =D

Edit- I got a Dragon's Egg as a mob drop ONCE.. but it was an extremely long time ago. It was in open beta or very soon after it ended. (Not sure, but I think it was from the first Ogre I ever killed, in Tower District.)
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, random is random. Gotten three Coals from invoking in the last month, two of them last week.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I invoke on 7 character daily, and got nothing whole year. I have a feel like the game is cheating on me :)
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    With luck like that, I'd have to open a ticket and at least ask them to look into it.. like maybe something is stuck in cache or... I dunno. That is some horrible luck, man.
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I just got one the last time I hit 7 coins. It was a nice consolation when, immediately beforehand, my HR was paired with four people ranging from levels 7-20 for the Protector's Speech. Two of them immediately were disconnected, and I was stuck having to do 3.4M damage to kill everything -- and I ran out of healing potions halfway through the witch fight.

Karma, I guess.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    str8slayerstr8slayer Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 715 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Yeah looks like anyone who does better than 1 coal - 100 boxes is ahead. I saved mine up and opened them a few days ago, 58 boxes, 0 coals of course lots of peridots and only a few pres. (last time I opened 80 a few weeks before, 0 there too).

It's all RNG, the odds are heavily stacked against you (obviously).

The goal here is to get people to start spending 10$ each for coals.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mittensofdoommittensofdoom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 247 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I invoke 18 characters now, I usually get a coal once a week, sometimes one every two weeks if I'm unlucky
  • Options
    myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have 12 toons who invoke daily and open 7/7 chests weekly. Since about February this year, I have gotten only one coal.

I used to get them more regularly before the enchanting update (where you can use any type of enchantment to upgrade another). Since that update, they seem very rare - get a lot of garbage enchantments now. :(
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Maybe it's time a post a ticket. Everyone get at least one Coalescent, and I haven't got even that one whole year on 7 characters.
  • Options
    tcarncetcarnce Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 976 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    markons wrote: »
    Maybe it's time a post a ticket. Everyone get at least one Coalescent, and I haven't got even that one whole year on 7 characters.

at least you have 7 epic healers if you re not skipping any truths in that line ;p
  • Options
    rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    I don't think they should drop outside of tier 2.5 dungeons.

Make/enable people to earn them. Don't let praybots benefit.
  • Options
    goonlaughiegoonlaughie Member Posts: 67
    edited June 2014
    str8slayer wrote: »

The goal here is to get people to start spending 10$ each for coals.

Hahaha, I laughed so hard at this. Good one. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    nipidnipid Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have 4 characters praying everyday and i dont have coal for 5 months now... i dont really need them but anyway it helps :/
  • Options
    casewoodshadowcasewoodshadow Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I have multiple characters that I invoke on every day and I've been saving my coffers of wondrous augmentation for months now until I had some weapon and/or armor enchants that I wanted to make. I finally opened all 105 a few days ago that I had saved up and received a whopping ONE Coal ward (and 34 pres wards). Less than a 1% drop rate on coal wards absolutely hacks me off.