test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No dueling?

theje5tel2theje5tel2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
i didn't see any duel request available when clicking f on people, what about it, no dueling?
Post edited by theje5tel2 on

Comments

• archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    yes , no dueling
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • liquidrockliquidrock Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    I was kind of sad to see they left out dueling. Great way to practice PvP against specific classes.
  • aesclealaescleal Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Still in Beta. Maybe it'll come yet.
  • wasaguestwasaguest Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    Dueling is a double edged sword in some cases. With it, they need to add Auto Decline. Then they will need to set out guide lines that they will not balance classes based on duels, cause we all know there are those sore losers that will cry foul when they can't adapt and keep getting beat by a certain class (yet another player has no issue with that same class); then they race to the forums, flooding the posts with "nerf!".
    Then they will need to add in "Duel Areas". Without those, the forums will flood with complaints that duelers are "Disrupting or Griefing" others. Mostly this happens with duels happen around NPCs or in Towns. We've seen it all before in other MMOs and this is always what happens.

IMO, I miss the EQ world announcements on dueling. The results were broadcast world wide and made dueling kinda fun. Especially if the player left the "ring", they automatically lost. :P
  • archanjo17041985archanjo17041985 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2013
    i wouldn't mind dueling option as long as it would have auto decline option. because there lot of kidos farming dueling spam to test their "1337 skillz".....
    i7 3770k @ 4.0//HD 7950 WF3//16 GB ram Corsair @ 1600//Corsair 120 GB SSD x 2//Hyper Evo 212
  • randellatorrandellator Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    It's better to have duels! :)
  • skreechrskreechr Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 85
    edited June 2013
    Duels should be in the game. To help people get better at certain classes as well as against them. might actually stop some from crying if they learn how to beat a certain build of class they hate going up against.
  • ruboilonmycoccyxruboilonmycoccyx Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Dueling would be awesome. And if it gave some sort of reward to that would be nice. like a single coin that you can collect 10 of daily and buy a small amount of unique items. Just an idea ;)
    NW-DB7O8ELQM- Excalibur in Search of Pendragon

NW-DNZTNE2SA -A Hell Under the City

NW-DOG5LREQJ-Necro Master's Last Breath
  • shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    I agree, Dueling should be an option. Also, in your options tab you should have the ability to automatically decline duels.
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • ganjaman1ganjaman1 Member Posts: 792 Arc User
    edited June 2013
  • maiku217maiku217 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    Make a premade 5v5 and don't cap points and just duel?
    ElfenLiedSig.gif
  • shadedkinshadedkin Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2013
    ganjaman1 wrote: »
    No dueling .

Why? It would be completely optional. That's like saying No Epic Dungeon Delves because I don't do them. Only PVP. Its an option that would be completely optional to take part in.
    11k+ GS CW | Langor@shadedkin | Dragon Server76561198027499089.png
  • meshuggah2012meshuggah2012 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    yeah duels are great dunno why they dont implement it now more things to do more fun... no duels.. boring.. seriously because maybe when i am in a city and theres some players to fight and the queus for arenas take alot of time it would be fun to fight with those players while i wait for the arenas
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dueling does not fit into the concept of D&D (Neither does PvP in general, for that matter, since D&D by its very nature is cooperative not combative, but we already have it). In addition, it wouldn't make sense in-game in many cases. Duelists in the middle of PE should be immediately arrested and brought before the authorities, yet that's exactly where most duels would occur (just look at where duels happen in other PWE games that do have it - it's usually right in the middle of the main gathering area). Now, if there was a 1-on-1 arena, that would be another matter, as at least there it makes some kind of sense (even if it still doesn't fit in with D&D).
    For now, if you must fight someone else, go to IWD and 1-on-1 in the open world area.
  • vscoutvvscoutv Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dueling would be awesome. And if it gave some sort of reward to that would be nice. like a single coin that you can collect 10 of daily and buy a small amount of unique items. Just an idea ;)

I don't care one way or another, but would be against any kind of reward for doing it, at least open world. For one, what would stop people from creating alt accounts/Chars just to farm. Or at very least people running around,"oh my gear is way better than his. 'Request to farm'." I think it should be more like practice.

But if it was random assigned arena dueling, similar to the current, then reward would be understandable.
    As a young boy chasing Dragons with your wooden sword so mighty, You're St. George or you're David and you always killed the beast
    Times change very quickly And you had to grow up early. A house in smoking ruins and the bodies at your feet ~Iron Maiden
  • vscoutvvscoutv Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Your fear for alts is misplaced. First of all, people min/max PvP characters already, so that won't change. They'll just make another alt, which is only good for the game's economy.

I think you misunderstand or, more likely, I wasn't clear. (post #17 for any just catching this reply)
    Scenario: Neverwinter allows open world dueling (or any dueling where person gets to choose opponent) and winner of said duel gets a token that can be used for...

So person creates alt accounts, logs in main char and char from alt account. Main kills ALt, gets token, logs in another char from alt account, kills gets token, repeat.

No need to buy anything for the alt, so not really any effect on economy.
    As a young boy chasing Dragons with your wooden sword so mighty, You're St. George or you're David and you always killed the beast
    Times change very quickly And you had to grow up early. A house in smoking ruins and the bodies at your feet ~Iron Maiden
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    In your head, in your head,
    Zombie, zombie, zombie,
    Hey, hey, hey. What's in your head,
    In your head,
    Zombie, zombie, zombie?

Okay, enough fun. Time to kill the Zombie!
    Please don't post on threads which have not been responded to in over 30 days. Instead please make a new thread.
This discussion has been closed.