test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Book Imp?

markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Ooookay. Are you saying the assorted Foundry goals are fixed? Last I tried, for example, to do Foundry quests several days in a row, it didn't record one day let alone the entire row and I didn't get anything for it but the ones for X number total of Foundry quests. Frankly, I don't see the point in going after something that appears broken even if it is "just a few" things. It doesn't inspire me to trust that I can get a book imp, therefore I don't bother.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    To get the book imp you need to do A LOT more than just run some foundries xD , you need the Foundry Artifex achievement which you get by doing - Dungeon Master Rank 6 ,Complete 17 'Foundry Authoring' achievements and Complete 10 'Foundry Community' achievements , not exactly something you earn in a couple of days xD http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Achievement#Foundry_Authoring
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    I got the imp back in Alpha or Beta, I forget which... I'm still working on getting it for real though... I've been terribly slacking... But yeah... it's not something you can just get in a few days, no no..
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got the imp a few weeks back, it's cool to finally have a hard earned account bound companion. And yeah, it'll take a while to get it, I have 4 released foundry quests, 1 of them featured, and I have played lots and lots of them too.
    Now I want to get the bear mount.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    markfalconemarkfalcone Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 4
    edited June 2014
    After printing out all the requirements, I'm finding the major flaw: The final companion. It can only be had with 16 of the Foundry Community achievements and 3 of the 18 don't work. So yeah, I can see the book imp being possible, but there is still major bugs keeping us from the last companion. I might go after the book imp now that I know this, but not happy about this level of bug still after a year.
  • Options
    eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If only there were some sort of internal bug list they could look things up to see if their advertising is even possible.

How embarrassing. :rolleyes:
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    After printing out all the requirements, I'm finding the major flaw: The final companion. It can only be had with 16 of the Foundry Community achievements and 3 of the 18 don't work. So yeah, I can see the book imp being possible, but there is still major bugs keeping us from the last companion. I might go after the book imp now that I know this, but not happy about this level of bug still after a year.

There are people with the stone, so its not impossible to get. Just extremely difficult.
  • Options
    reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    If only there were some sort of internal bug list they could look things up to see if their advertising is even possible.

How embarrassing. :rolleyes:
    lol , good one XD
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It does seem weird to advertise the Book imp when you consider it isn't exactly easy to get , maybe they plan on supporting the foundry properly starting in module 4 xD .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There are achievements that are not listed on the wiki list. You can, indeed get the Icosahedron Ioun Stone. Eventually. After a LOT of work.

That said, I was very disappointed with the launcher promo. "Rewards for exploring Foundry"? Woohoo! Finally a foundry reward system! Now people will play... hey, wait... it's just a promo for the already-existing extremely-hard-to-get achievement rewards.

Bah.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    As others pointed out, it is possible to get the Icosahedron Ioun Stone.

However to point out what should be obvious but may not be...

While Cryptic is advertising you get rewards for making Foundry Missions and you should try the Foundry to see if you like developing quests those rewards are a labor of love. If you do not enjoy making Foundry Missions don't do it just for the rewards. It's just going to get your angry and frustrated.

As every Youtube video whatever-you-call it person thing says...
    Don't make Youtube videos for money. It's a nice to make some money making youtube videos but you have to make the videos because you enjoy making videos.

On a similar note R.A. Salvator's advise to authoring anything: if you can quit, quit.
    You have to write because you have stories pooring out of you. You can't write because you want people to read your work or because you expect to make a living off of it.

Both sources of advise work perfectly with Foundry Authoring too. Do it for fun. Do it because you have stories to share. Don't do it for the rewards. :)

But do try it out. You may, like me, find a passion in content development that you never knew about never or expected to find before. ;)
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    @ambisinisterr - You are exactly right on this. While I am sure there will be some people who can and will just grind through it solely for the pets, most will not. I am one. I started working on the Foundry stuff for the achievements and pets. I even made 1 dungeon and started a second. However, I never even finished my second one which I think was going to be a lot better than the 1st. I never finished it because my desire to PLAY Neverwinter was and still is greater than my desire to BUILD Neverwinter.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The book imp is still achievable I'd think though I haven't committed to foundries, though of course it still take effort so if you want the imp, it's possible though you should still aim to make a few solid foundries. The stone however seems extremely hard and something you should only aim for if you're really dedicated to foundry making and playing.
  • Options
    imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Here's something I posted in another forum on the subject. Hopefully it helps make it clearer.
    The Imp is obtainable through a fairly extensive amount of work. But it is obtainable.
    To get the higher rewards (Silverback Bear Mount, Icosahedron Ioun Stone Companion) looks like it will take a bit more.
    Once you get past a certain point, completing another achievement is going to be few and far between. It looks like to really have a chance at the Ioun Stone, you need to get Featured twice, or have a lot of really popular quests. Otherwise, Heavenly and Too Big To Fail are just out of reach.

Here's the basic list to my knowledge so far. There are likely ones I haven't "unlocked" yet, and therefore aren't on my list.
    Astral Sea I: One quest, 3-star+ rating, 25+ reviews
    Astral Sea II: Five quests, 3-star+ rating, 25+ reviews
    Astral Sea III: Ten quests, 3-star+ rating, 25+ reviews
    Fan Powered I: Receive your first tip of any value
    Fan Powered II: Receive 10 tips of any value
    Fan Powered III: Receive 100 tips of 500 ADs (max value)
    Featured I: Own a quest which becomes 'Featured'
    Featured II: Get Featured a second time
    First Time: Publish your first quest
    Foundry Expert I: Three quests, 4-star+ rating, 25+ reviews
    Foundry Expert II: Five quests, 4-star+ rating, 25+ reviews
    Foundry Master I: Two quests that each have more than 75 total stars
    Foundry Master II: Three quests that each have more than 150 total stars
    Foundry Master III: Five quests that each have more than 250 total stars
    Going the Distance: Publish a quest that gets 20 non-beta reviews
    Starred: Get a total of 2,500 stars across all of your quests
    Heavenly: Get a total of 25,000 stars across all of your quests
    Too Big To Fail: Earn more than 1 million ADs in tips

The ranking achievements (which themselves count toward the total) are:
    Foundry Neophyte: Pub 1 Quest: DM Rank 1
    Foundry Apprentice: 3 AA: DM Rank 2
    Foundry Graduate: 7 AA: DM Rank 3
    Foundry Stalwart: 11 AA: DM Rank 4
    Foundry Journeyman: 14 AA: DM Rank 5
    Foundry Artifex: 17 AA, 10 CA: DM Rank 6 (IMP)
    Foundry Master: 20 AA, 12 CA: DM Rank 7
    Foundry Grand Master: 23 AA. 14 CA: DM Rank 8 (BEAR)
    Moonstar Agent: 26 AA, 16 CA: DM Rank 9 (STONE)
    Moonstar: 29 AA, 18 CA: DM Rank 10

So, on my lists there are 18 regular achievements and 10 title achievements for a total of 28 achievements. Moonstar needs 29, not including itself. This means either Moonstar is unreachable, or there are at least two achievements that aren't on my list.
    This said, to get the Stone you need 26 authoring achievements. If you manage to get all 18 of the achievements on the basic list, you will have also received enough DM Rank achievements to get you up to the 26 needed to get the Stone. The big blockers are going to be Featured I, Featured II, Heavenly, and Too Big To Fail. Those all require a lot of stuff outside of your control. Featured I and II require that your quests get reviewed by the person deciding which quests are Featured, and are ones that he/she likes enough to select. It is possible to get featured more than once (it's happened already), but not common. Heavenly requires that you get a ton of reviews. Unless you make something so amazing that it captures the collective attention of the Foundry community, the only way to do this is through getting Featured. You need at least 5000 reviews to get Heavenly, and that's assuming that every review is 5 stars (which it won't be). Too Big To Fail is even worse. In general, players are cheap. Far more people will play a quest than will tip it, and the majority of tips are likely to be 50 ADs. Assume you average 100 ADs per tip. You would need 10,000 tips to get the achievement. If you average about one tip per three plays, that means 30,000 plays to get the achievement.
    All of this can be done... but not quickly, and it takes a lot of work.
    It may be that some of the ones that aren't on my list yet will be easier to get than Heavenly and Too Big To Fail, and if so, could speed up the process slightly.