test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Worst lag/rubberbanding/disconnects since Beta

urd01urd01 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I'm being bounced around
I queue up for GG and 30 seconds later I find out that rubberbanding made it so my queue isn't registered, so instead I queue late and end up never getting into pvp.
I keep dieing due to rubberbanding
I have to do trivial things 3-4 times with waiting 5-10 seconds between the tries.
I keep getting disconnected, sometimes all the way out of the game and tossed out of my internet Connection,

To summarize:
The way the game performs right now is the worst I've seen it since early Beta.

Unplayable or at least very very frustrating to Bounce around.
Post edited by urd01 on

Comments

• Options
    martydapartymartydaparty Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Same here but I getting DC'd when I hit play on a toon! Arc is even slow.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    So 2 people are lagging rubberbanding like crazy
    That's much les then I hear complaining about in in the chats.

Is anything being done about this`?
  • Options
    picklesinaboatpicklesinaboat Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    apparently not. im lagging all over the place and disconecting as well.
  • Options
    mircalla83mircalla83 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 36
    edited June 2014
    You might head to the Bug Report Forums, read the appropriate topic, and give the appropriate information. Most likely, you all have the US Internet Carrier (not Provider, Carrier. the ones owning the lines) Cogent somewhere in your traceroute, they are a plague covering most of Europe and the US. Latency spikes once the signal is routed inside the Cogent Networks.

You might also consider trying the US GAME Proxy out, it MIGHT give you a slightly different routing. The bottleneck usually seems to be the Cogent Hub around Boston.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    mircalla83 wrote: »
    You might head to the Bug Report Forums, read the appropriate topic, and give the appropriate information. Most likely, you all have the US Internet Carrier (not Provider, Carrier. the ones owning the lines) Cogent somewhere in your traceroute, they are a plague covering most of Europe and the US. Latency spikes once the signal is routed inside the Cogent Networks.

You might also consider trying the US GAME Proxy out, it MIGHT give you a slightly different routing. The bottleneck usually seems to be the Cogent Hub around Boston.

Hi, yes you're right as far as Cogent being involved.
    And yes I did a Tracert and more,, in Another thread in Bug Report Forums.

In short:
    I did as you suggested, got no help apart from any other then a few individuals.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    Closed for being a duplicate thread and for discussion of moderation, etc. ;)

Sorry but complaining to us will not fix Cogent. Only Cogent can fix Cogent.
    So you have been told exactly what to do...complain to Cogent and/or your ISP.

Cryptic and PWE can't do anything more than what you can in this matter. The end.
    We can not help you fix a problem which is not under our control.
This discussion has been closed.