What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Great Weapon Fighter Feedback - Discussions

Comments

• Options
    ayrouxayroux Member Posts: 4,271 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    like i said for what i've seen so far, they've only buffed classes to only nerf them afterwards... it's like a cyrcle of power...
    "this month CW will be on top" "next month TR will be on top " and so on . . . this is useless... how can the 30% damage resistance will help the gwf? as he is low on stamina, and more than 2 second doesn't last, it doesn't have any benefits as the cw/tr/dc/hr/gf can dodge / block when they want... what should i do ? when he's preparing to hit me with ice knife i run in circles? it's the gameplay of the gwf will be like one of the benny hills movies..

This is what I dont like as well, now it becomes a game of "wait until they daily" and sprint. It used to be, GWFs were too powerful to attack while in unstoppable primarily because of control.

You cant control them, let them get close enough and they can control you and them are able to dish out alot of damage.

Now classes wont have good "times" if you will to attack since you dont know when hes gonna be sprint or not, but it doesnt even matter because the second a GWF gets near you, sprint/unstoppable or not, you can easily just blink/dodge away.

Clearly whoever is calling the shots on these changes has not played a GWF versus a HR 1v1 or even a GOOD CW in pvp. It doesnt matter if they cant control you, they dont need to, just slowly DPS you while you constantly run around trying to chase them getting 1-2 at wills off if your lucky or they mess up.

Even with the sprint change, 5-10% unstoppable is STILL too low...

And to all the whiners talking about PVE and standing in the RED. Part of the issue there too is rubberbanding is so bad with certain attacks and GWFs have longer animation times on their attacks and even sprinting is so buggy youll get smacked still. Ive played GWF since beta as well, but you dont see me lecturing people basically saying L2P. GWFs were good then, then they buffed them more, but even back then (when we didnt have threat rush) we had tankiness AND control. So eventhough damage sucked then, you could still be a real threat because you could flourish->takedown->IBS in PVP.

Now you cant even takedown IBS because the animation time on IBS is longer than the stun on takedown and they can shift out of it to avoid damage.

BTW, IF you are removing GWF control for PVP then you REALLY need to tighten down the window in which things can be dodged with shift. I cant tell you how many times I use encounters and almost a full second later they shift dodge and avoid ot completely...

If you remove CC for GWFs, remove unstopped tankiness, then you need to tighten down that window. If GWFs need to pre-emptively strike and cross their fingers for a hit, other classes need to learn to pre-emptively dodge and cross theirs, otherwise its worthless
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    This change feels appropriate. Before, high DPS destroyers were as tanky as a properly geared GF despite having very good offensive feats, now they still get the full benefit of offensive part of Unstoppable, but also need to rely on correct positioning if they want to survive. I still feel like Destroyer's capstone should be slightly buffed on the offensive part to compensate.

Sentinels will still play the "tanky" part and feel no different than before.

Instigators will continue to not exist, as they don't have the survivability of the Sentinel nor the damage of the Destroyer :P
    Most of their feats are a mish-mash of effects without any direction (they should be reworked for high mobility and get i.e. high damage resistance/control immunity when sprinting, along with some good damage buffs for a few seconds after sprinting)

no no no no no!

Destroyers dont need more damage, they need more survivability. People really dont understand this and it amazes me.

For PVE:
    ALOT of really good GWFs are outgearing the current dungeons so this is PART of the reason why GWFs can seem so strong. Even on LIVE if you took an averaged 12k-13k GS GWF into a dungeon hes not gonna be "uber tanky" as the 16-17k GS GWFs are.

SINCE this is a balance for BOTH PVP and PVE you have to look at both, and because of the outgearing issue you CANT just look at dungeons like T2 and say "well that destroyer whose 16k can just facetank" Well yeah he completely outgears the dungeon... What do you epxect?!

Since you have to take into account PVP as well, THAT is where the numbers need to be fine tuned. For PVE its MUCH more of a "gray line" primarily because there is no healing depression. So GWFs get DOUBLE the temp HP AND if they take unstoppable recovery DOUBLE the healing GWFs in PVP get.

So dont look at a 15k+ GS GWF run a T2 or even CN and say "now it feels good". Go run a PVP match against other 15k-17k+ GS players like an HR or CW and judge the tankiness. Like I said, PVP is a MUCH finer line so it has to be balanced around PVP. Otherwise it may be "ok" for PVE but utterly worthless for PVP and you wouldnt even know.

For pre-mod 1 and Mod 1 Sentinel GWFs were realy tanky and dealt OK damage, Destroyers were worthless in PVP because they were not tanky enough.

Then they release Mod 2 and give GWFs Iron Vanguard and gave GWFs a way to MARK their own targets in PVP -> Making
    powerful challenge" a MASSIVE DPS buff in PVP to Sent GWFs. They Also got FrontLine which enabled amazing combos involving Mark and "poweful challenge"

THEN they say "Sents are too powerful" so they nerf Sent Damage but give more damage to DEstroyers.

Well THEN people say "Destroyers are too tanky for the damage they deal"... Before they buffed Destroyer damage, why did noone play Destoryer? BECAUSE THEY WERE NOT TANKY ENOUGH!!!!

SO WHY IS THE SOLUTION TO NERF THEIR TANKINESS? WHEN THE PROBLEM AROSE FROM THEM HAVING ROAR WITH 50% REDUCED CD THATS A BUGGED SKILLS COMBINED WITH TOO MUCH DAMAGE?

SOLUTION: SCALE DAMAGE BACK A TAD, FIX ROAR and now you just balanced the class.
  • Options
    angelxero153angelxero153 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    ayroux wrote: »
    no no no no no!

Destroyers dont need more damage, they need more survivability. People really dont understand this and it amazes me.

^ This. This. This. This. I have no Idea why they can't just understand this concept. Their solution to nerf the only defense the gwf has is baffling. I only pray that they actually listen to our feedback.
  • Options
    ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    no no no no no!

GWFs with more survivability and less damage are Sentinels. GWFs with more damage and less survivability are Destroyers. You can't have both.
  • Options
    effectensteineffectenstein Member Posts: 1,031 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    /post removed
    Rule 1.02 - Trolling is Prohibited
    . . . Do not attempt to attempt to incite others into anger, frustration or grief. Any action which the moderators or staff deem as an attempt to instigate others into violating rules is strictly prohibited. To call someone a Troll is considered Trolling in itself.

Rule 4.03 - No Meme's, Youtube Links, or Off-Topic Images
    . . . Any links, graphics and/or other "memes" that are posted, that are not directly related to the topic, will either be edited out or their posts removed entirely. This means that all posted images must pertain to Neverwinter Online, Neverwinter Nights, or Dungeons & Dragons in general. Anything that does not fall into this, will be removed with or without warning.
  • Options
    angelxero153angelxero153 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    GWFs with more survivability and less damage are Sentinels. GWFs with more damage and less survivability are Destroyers. You can't have both.

Less survivability is an understatement in the new update. Destroyers are literally left with no defense and get killed within seconds in mobs. We're not asking for both, but it would still be nice to not die in a matter of small hits when playing destroyer, which is whats currently happening in the new Module update.
  • Options
    query523query523 Member Posts: 1,515 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    tang56 wrote: »
    So hilariously, sprint >>> unstoppable. What a farce. I say that as someone with a 18k PvP GWF and a 16k PvE GWF.

The problem with sprint was never in use, in theory it's a brilliant escape mechanism and very simple and easy to use. The problem was that it didn't update your position to the server until you released shift. Thus if you released shift a fraction late due to lag or whatever you would get hit by everything that you supposedly just ran away from.

HR dodge does the same thing. you hit it twice so that you are tagged at the other location. And yes I have one of each it works. Just spends more stamina.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    @hbreed72 , if you help to improve the class , it's like you'll be Jack Ketch that'll give the finishing blow!!!
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    AT this point it seems to me , you are making vanguard usless to play, by removing any and everything that had any effectivness for the GWF pvp build. Why not just remove the two paragon paths from each class and start again? No one is going to use it, so why bother.
  • Options
    sidewazesidewaze Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    You must have never played a different class. It works the same way with the other classes and their dodges. The main difference is sprint actually speeds up movement whereas the dodges don't. This is why the GWF is the most mobile class in the game.
    Please don't make naive assumptions about other players, you don't know anything about me, nor the classes I've brought to 60, nor my PvP experience. Other classes can dodge to avoid attacks. GWFs don't. Both sprint and dodge take Stamina yes, but using up Stam for other classes in PvP comes with a much higher overall opportunity to mitigate high levels of damage. Hence the 30% change in this patch. Great we're a third of the way there.

GFs don't have a sprint or dodge mechanic. They have encounters and a set bonus that can increase their mobility which isn't the same.
    Per my post, I didn't say sprint or dodge. I said powers that provide gap closure - charges (bull chargea short range knockback) and lunging strike a long-distance gap closer. Both with damage at the end of them versus sprint which eats up stamina and does no damage.

Speaking of classes we play - do you play a GWF? Have you played with the changes on the PTS? Do you have an opinion based on experience or just don't like your face being eaten by the class?
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    silverkelt wrote: »
    AT this point it seems to me , you are making vanguard usless to play, by removing any and everything that had any effectivness for the GWF pvp build. Why not just remove the two paragon paths from each class and start again? No one is going to use it, so why bother.

IV was the GF Tank path, that you guys received and it was buffed into a DPS path for you. We were given the SM path but it was debuffed for us...

I think they want the IV path to be for survivability / control and the are returning it to a Tank path for Both classes, and are buffing SM for GF making it a semi DPS path for us! So You will do a bit less damage in IV but I think you will still be very powerful! I do not have a GWf so I say hop on preview see whats doing...
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    sidewazesidewaze Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    hbreed72 wrote: »
    i personally am happy with the GWF changing because at the moment it requires 2 brain cells to be the paingiver and immovable object at the same time while other classes struggle to get a group and most of the time they only get to run anything with guildies and close friends.
    Thanks much for your pve-only POV. For those of us who PvP the combination damage, resistance, and mobility nerfage is going to really hurt the class and force us into paper tiger specs.
  • Options
    spongebob56spongebob56 Member Posts: 234 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sidewaze wrote: »
    Other classes can dodge to avoid attacks. GWFs don't.

But now they will want to. Conserve your stamina for sprint for when you need it like the other classes do with their dodges. Watch your charges of threatening rush and use those gap closers strategically. The game just got harder for you and you will just have to improve to succeed. Look at it as a challenge. People won't be able to tell you you "faceroll" wins anymore.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    hbreed72 wrote: »
    Feeback on the changes to GWF based on CN preview run
    <snip>
    i'd like to mention that i do not play PVP with my GWF
    <snip>
    <snip>
    GWF point of view.: with these changes the wicked strike rubberband needs to be fixed i tried using it and it just got me killed everytime i had to sprint out of danger.
    <snip>
    <snip>
    i recommend to keep the CC immunity of sprint but remove it's damage resistance buff whilst at the same time increasing the DR of unstoppable to a 15-25% for destroyer spec. the current 5-10% is very low and dosen't allow the class to be enjoyed while playing it.
    <snip>
    <snip>
    don't even wanna think about possible PVP senti specs with the current sprint on preview.

I read your entire post BTW, and I thought it was all good feedback. I wanted to highlight a few areas.

I would STRONGLY suggest, again, that the "fine tuning" of the GWF currently HAS to come from PVP. Your entire group drastically outgears CN and combined with that, as I mentioned before, PART of the major divide between PVE and PVP in testing GWFs is healing depression. While this affects all classes, I think the "fine line" has been crossed in PVP, while the PVE groups who out gear content wont feel the line as been crossed unless NEW PVE dungeons came out that were intended for players 15k+GS.

That said, I 100% Agree with Wicked Strike Banding that happens - this is causing a MAJOR issue in PVE DPS with Unstoppable Nerf.

I do also like you suggestion about Sprint+Unstoppable. Seeing as how they are intending to make Sprint somewhat defensive, I think this COULD work, my only fear - and I would want to test this, is with unstoppable + sprint it would make GWFs nearly un-controllable - which I dont know how I feel about that. Id almost be in favor of just granting Spring like 100% CC resistance meaning CC would be cut in half if used while sprinting.

Heck, Id even take Unstoppable at 15-30% and Unstoppable now only grants 200% CC resistance or something with Sprint keeping CC immunity. There is alot of ways to play that.

But I agree, Unstoppable needs to be brought back UP, I have been saying 15-30% but even 15-25% is fine too - its roughly the same thing.

Making Sprint THAT good though also makes me concerned with Sentinel GWFs. Id even say just buff up restoring strike benefits to Sent Capstone, remove the added DR to unstoppable (if brought back to 15-30%ish Sents will already be approaching DR hardcap anyways) and now they can use Sprint defensively as well.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    I read your entire post BTW, and I thought it was all good feedback. I wanted to highlight a few areas.

I would STRONGLY suggest, again, that the "fine tuning" of the GWF currently HAS to come from PVP. Your entire group drastically outgears CN and combined with that, as I mentioned before, PART of the major divide between PVE and PVP in testing GWFs is healing depression. While this affects all classes, I think the "fine line" has been crossed in PVP, while the PVE groups who out gear content wont feel the line as been crossed unless NEW PVE dungeons came out that were intended for players 15k+GS.

That said, I 100% Agree with Wicked Strike Banding that happens - this is causing a MAJOR issue in PVE DPS with Unstoppable Nerf.

I do also like you suggestion about Sprint+Unstoppable. Seeing as how they are intending to make Sprint somewhat defensive, I think this COULD work, my only fear - and I would want to test this, is with unstoppable + sprint it would make GWFs nearly un-controllable - which I dont know how I feel about that. Id almost be in favor of just granting Spring like 100% CC resistance meaning CC would be cut in half if used while sprinting.

Heck, Id even take Unstoppable at 15-30% and Unstoppable now only grants 200% CC resistance or something with Sprint keeping CC immunity. There is alot of ways to play that.

But I agree, Unstoppable needs to be brought back UP, I have been saying 15-30% but even 15-25% is fine too - its roughly the same thing.

Making Sprint THAT good though also makes me concerned with Sentinel GWFs. Id even say just buff up restoring strike benefits to Sent Capstone, remove the added DR to unstoppable (if brought back to 15-30%ish Sents will already be approaching DR hardcap anyways) and now they can use Sprint defensively as well.
    if they stuck 3k regen, that's it..
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    if they stuck 3k regen, that's it..

Im lost at what your saying... And even stacking 3k regen in PVP wont do anything since your SO far into Dim returns, that + healing depression wouldnt help at all....
  • Options
    iaccidentally47iaccidentally47 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    3k regen comes out to just under 15% So, pointless. Also I doubt it would even be possible on a GWF.
    Miss Anthropy - 15.7k CW | Miss Andrist - 19k GWF | DC (14.5k) | TR (14.5k) | HR(14k) | GF(15.5k)
    Lowbies: DC (level 31) | HR (level 16)
    You can almost always find me in the legit channel. Happy Adventuring!
    GWF guide: click me
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    for those saying takedown damage is ok:
    my gwf named crystal (can check if you want) with 13k (rank 7, greater plague) can easily deal 8-10k takedown in pvp. i dont even want to know how much he wil deal with better gears. so for the sake of balance let s be realistic and let s try to fix all the REAL problems once for all or the problem will show up again in few months.
    i read 2/4k ...well...that isnt even remotely true at all.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    3k regen comes out to just under 15% So, pointless. Also I doubt it would even be possible on a GWF.

helm , feets purified + titan armour arms + titan weapon + purified knot , pvp dext/sinister as rings , purified belt and neck , 3 artefacts with regen + 250 boon = 2,7k regen + buff from madness 3k regen . alot of hp . alot of classes will be nerfed so they won't do the same damage... so we still be tanky as hell ..
  • Options
    ladysylvialadysylvia Member Posts: 946 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    helm , feets purified + titan armour arms + titan weapon + purified knot , pvp dext/sinister as rings , purified belt and neck , 3 artefacts with regen + 250 boon = 2,7k regen + buff from madness 3k regen . alot of hp . alot of classes will be nerfed so they won't do the same damage... so we still be tanky as hell ..

Guy you think 15% reg is much? 1) It's reduced to 7,5% due healing depression. 2) It's reduced to 3,75% of total health - or to be understandable: at 50% and less health it's capped -. So 3,75%/3s = 1,25%. That's of 50k health ~625hp/s. Or 1875hp every tick. And the damage ISN'T so hard reduced, that DPS is lower than 900! And i don't think, that you will achieve so much hp with so many blues.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    ladysylvia wrote: »
    Guy you think 15% reg is much? 1) It's reduced to 7,5% due healing depression. 2) It's reduced to 3,75% of total health - or to be understandable: at 50% and less health it's capped -. So 3,75%/3s = 1,25%. That's of 50k health ~625hp/s. Or 1875hp every tick. And the damage ISN'T so hard reduced, that DPS is lower than 900! And i don't think, that you will achieve so much hp with so many blues.

it's 3,1k/3 sec
    and i've continued with the idea sayn about that stat Health Regen: 0%
    and what blues?
  • Options
    edited June 2014

LOL so zero tenacity, zero offensive stats, and horrible weapon damage....

Even 3k regen in pvp when cut 50% by HD is NOT going to be a "solution" especially when you hit for nothing....
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    it's 3,1k/3 sec
    and i've continued with the idea sayn about that stat Health Regen: 0%

So 1550 in PVP?
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    LOL so zero tenacity, zero offensive stats, and horrible weapon damage....

Even 3k regen in pvp when cut 50% by HD is NOT going to be a "solution" especially when you hit for nothing....
    bro, purified set have ten/ those rings have 650 ten , belt , neck .. the heck defense is enough ... and i was sayn for a sentinel build based on the future update...
    man 7,5 % out of 42000-45000 is around 3k hp this is in pvp.
    and yes, 5off slots and 4 defense slots...
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »
    my gwf named crystal (can check if you want) with 13k (rank 7, greater plague) can easily deal 8-10k takedown in pvp. i dont even want to know how much he wil deal with better gears. so for the sake of balance let s be realistic and let s try to fix all the REAL problems once for all or the problem will show up again in few months.

This is also a destroyer... Try how much a Sentinel hits for in PVP on the PTR with the damage nerf, its a JOKE. Only with destroyer stacks AND destroyer capstone stacks + GPF can you hit those numbers.

But they make Destroyer unable to take hits in PVP so the class wont be useful at all, especially when an HR can aim shot you for 25k+ before you even know its coming.
  • Options
    schweifer1982schweifer1982 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,662 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    rayrdan wrote: »

Now go on pre and change your GWF feats to instigator or sentinel and look the dmg from takedown then pls give the feedback. Dont forget Destro have 112.5% DPS boost on take down remove it and y will gain the biiiiiiig biiiiig number of sentinel and instigator take down -33% ofc.
    GWF 3700Ilvl Éjsötét & ProPala 3200Ilvl Menydörgés (main) & Szürkefarkas 2600 ilvl
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    Now go on pre and change your GWF feats to instigator or sentinel and look the dmg from takedown then pls give the feedback.

lol , he does 10k damage on 8k players ...dont worry, and ofc he does that as the damage bonus from DEstroyer purpose is 50%