test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

anniversary event review

drezzatdrezzat Member Posts: 291 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I really like this event. The secret garden is very cool and has vendors, AH, portal and a place to pray all in one spot. Very nice. I hope most people skipped this so we can look down on them from our place of glory LOL. I'm gonna get the throne and the juggle thing too I think. pretty cool happy birthday neverwinter!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'd get the throne, but I cant stand that much grinding after getting garden access for 16 characters. The currency should NOT expire after the festival but count for next year's festival.
  • Options
    poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like the garden, too bad there's not enough figurines to get all items from the shop during one event. Throne is a funny idea, same as juggling emote, and the fashion looks real nice. So from the side of the shop rewards - it's well done.
    However, I'm irked abit by the tiering of bonus rewards in the skirmish as it puts lower levels at a disadvantage when looking for squads. And the minor mobs in the skirmish hit too hard.
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    However, I'm irked abit by the tiering of bonus rewards in the skirmish as it puts lower levels at a disadvantage when looking for squads. And the minor mobs in the skirmish hit too hard.

Yeah my shiny new level 14 CW dies a LOT. But what the hay, I just respawn and go running back into the fray, healing injuries be damned. LOL All I'm interested in are the Garden Keys for my AD Farming Campers.
  • Options
    whatefwhatef Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    It's a pretty cool event, but the new Beachcombing mission is the worst mission in the entire game.
  • Options
    eugeecoeugeeco Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    whatef wrote: »
    It's a pretty cool event, but the new Beachcombing mission is the worst mission in the entire game.

No doubt. I had to do Beachcombing three times this morning. Apparently I'm some kind of savant though--I got the click in before four other people standing around the chest all three times! I've got to run the skirmish once more on each of my five alts and I'll have keys for all of them, finally.

Since the key is account bound (I have it on my main) you could just get one key and mail it to your alts to get them up there...
  • Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The item is consumed after the event to get access.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    eugeeco wrote: »
    Since the key is account bound (I have it on my main) you could just get one key and mail it to your alts to get them up there...

You can mail it to one alt. As soon as it's used it's gone (it's more like a one-time ticket, but offers permanent access). One key will work for one character, though before you use it you can pass it around to all your characters so the one you want to have it will have it.

But as soon as one character uses it that key goes poof. So if you want more than one character to have that permanent access, you need to earn a key for each one. Fortunately you can use any of your alts to earn the keys.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    eugeeco wrote: »
    Apparently I'm some kind of savant though--I got the click in before four other people standing around the chest all three times!

And all of them hate you now.

You could have partied up so everyone could get credit for a single respawned crate but nooooooooo.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Of all the events this has been my favourite since I joined back in winter. The skirmish is great, much like respens game, the rewards are nice, the garden and the throne. Love my throne for pvp. Well done to the developers, and to the fellow grinders during the day or two I was grinding. The transmutes are good-looking as well, at least the one for my HR is a great improvement over the basic profound skin.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    My HR got lucky last night, 3 gold wins and BOE Throne (from the chest) on 3rd win. I'd like to see unused currencies converted 1 for 1 into medallions two weeks after the event closes.
    thesensai wrote: »
    I'd get the throne, but I cant stand that much grinding after getting garden access for 16 characters. The currency should NOT expire after the festival but count for next year's festival.
  • Options
    abaddon523abaddon523 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Overall I thought the skirmish event was very well done. It was creative. Randomization kept it fresh and unpredictable so that it wasn't the same sequence of battles over and over. I also love, LOVE that you got extra rewards depending on how well your group handled the skirmish.

The quests from Elminster were simple FedEx quests, but I think that was the point. Have people go through zones that they may not have experienced in a long time. Sort of a "remember the experiences of the past year."

Nice job by the developers. I probably would have done a lot more grinding with my alternate characters so they could have permanent access to the garden if the developers hadn't dropped all of the class changes for Module 4 on the preview shard during this event. That consumed a lot of my play time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hah yes, the rng loved me too, the boe jester dropped early on, and a cloak. Sold them both on the ah. The cloak was the only one on offer, I sold it for 50k ad in about 10 minutes. I'm thinking I should really have sky-highed the price, oh well, live and learn.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I originally aimed for the throne, juggle emote for my main characters (10) and the garden key for all of them (30+), but was too much grinding for me. But I think it's not as bad because there is still something left for next year. And the year thereafter :)

I just learned the currency expires? That's a downer!
  • Options
    abell39abell39 Member Posts: 1,175 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm having so much fun with the event. I'm not even interested in most of the prizes (although I agree they're well-done) -- I'm having fun just doing the quests and the skirmish for their own sake. I'll probably pick up garden keys for all six characters and maybe a robe transmute for my CW; the best prize so far was the snazzy Waterdhavian jacket for my TR who is delighted to have some nice non-silly-frilly fashion.
    Kerensa Loreweaver, level 60 DC | Rilla Turtledove, level 60 CW | Calvin Meriwether, level 60 TR
    Kaylee Krankenwagen, level 60 GF | Tavandruil Wayfinder, level 49 GWF | Aldith Langley, level 51 HR
  • Options
    sihvebisihvebi Member Posts: 43 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I'm curious about the end time of the event. In game, it says 1 d, 12 hours.. but the webpage says June 25, 2014 at 10:00 am. Its 10:12pm on June 24th. ??
    Rock, Paper, Scissors, Lizard, Spock.
  • Options
    ecd13moonsagoecd13moonsago Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I like the garden, too bad there's not enough figurines to get all items from the shop during one event. Throne is a funny idea, same as juggling emote, and the fashion looks real nice. So from the side of the shop rewards - it's well done.

If you get lucky and get some of the cloaks/the companion as chest drops you can get credit for everything and get a garden key, I just completed the collection on my DC this morning.

I really like the new emote and the fashion is great(other than the skirt on female halflings clips through the floor), the only thing that bothers me about the store is that the armor transmutes are account bound and the cloak transmutes are character bound.
    13moonsago - Half Elf - Divine Oracle DC
    Serena Moonshadow - Wood Elf - Stormwarden HR
    Lanfear - Moon Elf - Spellstorm Mage CW
    Allana - Halfling - Iron Vanguard GWF
    Beka Cooper - Moon Elf - Master Infiltrator TR
  • Options
    iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I really like the new emote and the fashion is great(other than the skirt on female halflings clips through the floor)

I hate the skirts female character keep getting , I wish they would let female characters choose pants and big chunky boots for vanity bottoms instead of crappy skirts ...
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • Options
    sokolnichiysokolnichiy Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 187 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dont you all know, that protectors garden key is account bound, but not character bound and u can trasfer it from one char to another if needed.

As for me, i got all costumes and transmutes i was aiming for but failed to get juggling.

But never the less, jubily ivent was maybe the best of all the celebrations.
  • Options
    thesensaithesensai Member Posts: 637 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Dont you all know, that protectors garden key is account bound, but not character bound and u can trasfer it from one char to another if needed.

As for me, i got all costumes and transmutes i was aiming for but failed to get juggling.

But never the less, jubily ivent was maybe the best of all the celebrations.

Yeah I ground out 4 extra for my account wide vault so IF they get around to making new classes this upcoming year, my new toons will have garden access.