test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[Feedback Thread] Auction House Spending Cap

Comments

• beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I understand why the measures were taken with regard to dampening goldseller activity, and I'm pretty certain that it's working as intended as that goes.

But it definitely is having an impact on a segment of paying players, as an unintended consequence.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sexwax45sexwax45 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    /post removed
    Rule 1.02 - Trolling is Prohibited
    . . . Do not attempt to attempt to incite others into anger, frustration or grief. Any action which the moderators or staff deem as an attempt to instigate others into violating rules is strictly prohibited.
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited June 2014
    I would again like to ask specifically, which item(s) you personally were unable to purchase when you tried to? This can help us tune this feature for outlying cases such as you are having.
    edited June 2014
    Panderus, I've seen other people complain about not being able to buy Ancient Mulhorand weapons and off-hands. Not sure if you've already tuned for those based on prior feedback.

And here is the OP's list of problematic items that he already posted.
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?692911-Can-t-buy-from-AH&p=8223551&viewfull=1#post8223551

I actually recognize in there a few items that goldsellers were known to be using in bulk buy/sell transactions.

Neverwinter Census 2017

• tryptaminescapetryptaminescape Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Just going to chime in and point out that this can also affect people who play for the RP aspect. It might take months for us to level to max level, but we'd love to be able to buy AD and spend it on every cosmetic ever, and that's kind of restricted to some of us right now with the limit. "Normative" play isn't exactly a race to 60 for everyone. Some of us want to play around in the game world, spend a lot of AD, and /emote dancefolk for no real reason other than the game allows it... unless you haven't raced to 60 yet...
  • bonkmonster17bonkmonster17 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've been unable to exchange AD for ZEN for over 2 weeks now.
    There are no offers ever since the module came out. What's going on?
  • wmtrexlerwmtrexler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've been unable to exchange AD for ZEN for over 2 weeks now.
    There are no offers ever since the module came out. What's going on?

I posted an offer and it did not appear in the list. I left it up for two days just to see if somone would pick it up since there were no offers in the list. Nada. My offer was 496 AD / per Zen.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    wmtrexler wrote: »
    I posted an offer and it did not appear in the list. I left it up for two days just to see if somone would pick it up since there were no offers in the list. Nada. My offer was 496 AD / per Zen.

Unless its 500 AD / per Zen, you will never get any at this point in time, ever. Even if you post 500 per, it will probably take around a day or two for the order to be filled.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014

That is because there is about 2.2 million ZEN being currently requested at 500 AD per ZEN.

So until those offers are all met, no offers at lower values will be filled.
    edited June 2014
    mconosrep wrote: »
    That is because there is about 2.2 million ZEN being currently requested at 500 AD per ZEN.

So until those offers are all met, no offers at lower values will be filled.

Really? Because my offers list for buying Zen is empty. I do not see any offers.

I do see offers for buying AD.

I'll try 500 then and see if it processes.
  • mconosrepmconosrep Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Really? Because my offers list for buying Zen is empty. I do not see any offers.

That is probably because there is a (HUGE) backlog of buy orders at 500 AD per ZEN, so any sell orders are instantly filled.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    . . . The AD limit seems to be around 100,000 per day on items not on an exemption list, but I am not sure. As to individual items, I am not sure either.

. . . We'll see what info they can share with the Community in the coming days. Keep in mind though, when dealing with systems to combat exploiters, information shared about such is usually not very with-coming on purpose.

. . . Never-the-less, please feel free to continue to provide feedback and list any items one feels should or should not be exempt and why. I've renamed this thread and updated the Original Post to serve as a Current Feedback Thread on the Auction House Spending Limit system. Thanks!
  • myowmyowmyowmyow Member Posts: 1,923 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Does it make any sense to buy something expensive for a sub 60 char? Anyway you'll reach 60 in few hours of game play, and whatever you have bought you'll just throw it away.

A few hours to level 60???

I am pretty fast at leveling up toons, but it still takes more than just a few hours. :)
    SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! SEC! (repeat indefinitely)

myles08807 said, "Back in my day, we didn't have any of this fancy Mulhorand gear while we were leveling . . . we walked uphill both ways while dying once every five seconds while leveling, and we liked it fine!" . . . Now, get off my lawn, you kids!"
    pointsman said, "I don't rue the game. In fact I don't feel any regret for the game at all."
    looomis said, "I don't like people changing to alts and then bragging about their mains like schizophrenic role players."
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited June 2014

It's the other way, if you select the "buy zen" tab you actually see zen being sold (thus zen you can buy, that is none currently). If you select "sell zen" tab you see the current offers to buy zen (that is some 2 million @500AD each).
    edited June 2014
    It has been none for weeks now...

Is that a Bug or is there really no one currently selling Zen?

Or are all offers to sell ZEN being instantly filled?
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    . . . This. Leave your offer in the system, for cancellng it and replacing it will move your order to the back of the line. I had an offer take almost 2 days just recently. There's a lot of people wanting to buy but not that many willing to sell at that price.
  • ryugasiriusryugasirius Member Posts: 996 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Yep.

As there are currently offers to buy zen at the maximum price possible (500 AD per ZEN), any ZEN sale will be instantly filled, contrary to the "usual" behaviour where you could try to sell ZEN at a higher than current price and they would stay in the system until someone offers to buy at your price.

EDIT:
    BTW, if you want some fresh info on how much it will take to buy zen, it's currently a bit less than 48hrs, my orders from Sunday just got filled

24 Jun 2014 16:03 17 Purchased 960 (Z) for 500 (AD) each.
    24 Jun 2014 15:13 16 Purchased 4 (Z) for 500 (AD) each.
    24 Jun 2014 15:13 16 Purchased 411 (Z) for 500 (AD) each.
    24 Jun 2014 15:12 16 Purchased 20 (Z) for 500 (AD) each.
    24 Jun 2014 15:10 16 Purchased 75 (Z) for 500 (AD) each.
    24 Jun 2014 15:10 16 Purchased 38 (Z) for 500 (AD) each.
    24 Jun 2014 15:02 16 Purchased 271 (Z) for 500 (AD) each.
    24 Jun 2014 15:02 16 Purchased 141 (Z) for 500 (AD) each.
    22 Jun 2014 19:42 17 Ryuga Von Rhaiden transferred 480000 (AD) from the Personal Balance to the Exchange Balance
    22 Jun 2014 19:42 17 Ryuga Von Rhaiden offered to buy 960 (Z) for 500 (AD) each.
    22 Jun 2014 19:21 16 Ryuga Von Rhaiden transferred 480000 (AD) from the Personal Balance to the Exchange Balance
    22 Jun 2014 19:21 16 Ryuga Von Rhaiden offered to buy 960 (Z) for 500 (AD) each.
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Do you mind telling us the rate at which you buy keys?

90% of trade chat are just scammers spamming the same message for an hour and never getting a nibble.
  • dragoness10dragoness10 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 780 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I tried selling zen for 200 - 300 AD before. I listed it for that low. It all poofed to 500 AD per zen.

I'm for the AD cap limit though as it means you need put in effort to get to lvl 60 to earn the right to mass spend/buy on AH. It's not much different than the lvl cap to be able to use the Tell channel.

It's anti-spammer tactics.
    " I tried to figure out the enigma that was you, and then I realized mastering Wild Magic was easier." - Old Wizard in Waterdeep

"Why is it dragons only use ketchup? I'd like a little wasabi please. Us silvers like a variety of condiments."

"Don't call them foolish mortals. One, they don't learn from it. Two, It just ticks them off." - An Ancient Red Dragon
    edited June 2014
    In hopes that Panderus is still tracking this thread/issue

Looks like the Xvim items need to be made another exception
    http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?697861-Daily-limit-on-AD-purchase-in-AH

Neverwinter Census 2017

• hooli78hooli78 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Has anyone else found it strange that people are complaining in the same post about the exchange system being backed up by 3rd party AD sellers and Cryptic trying to chase 3rd party AD sellers away?
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    melodywhr wrote: »
    because you don't need high ranking runestones, mulhorand gear or anything high level for normative play. you can progress to level 60 without buying a thing.

Your completely missing the point. He doesn't play the game a whole lot, yet he spent a ton of money on Zen and AD and the game is NOT letting him buy what he wants to.
  • melodywhrmelodywhr Member Posts: 4,220 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    Your completely missing the point. He doesn't play the game a whole lot, yet he spent a ton of money on Zen and AD and the game is NOT letting him buy what he wants to.

yes, i get the point that he should have the ability to purchase what he wants from the AH, however it's not difficult to get to level 60 where that limitation would then be lifted. and you do not need to purchase anything from the zen shop or the AH to get to level 60. if he wants to and cannot because it is was deemed to be an important limitation, then you can provide that feedback. if the change is determined based on the amount of feedback as something that needs to be adjusted, then i'm sure it will. but based on normal play, it shouldn't affect many.
  • gerbilhurdlergerbilhurdler Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 418 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    yes, i get the point that he should have the ability to purchase what he wants from the AH, however it's not difficult to get to level 60 where that limitation would then be lifted. and you do not need to purchase anything from the zen shop or the AH to get to level 60. if he wants to and cannot because it is was deemed to be an important limitation, then you can provide that feedback. if the change is determined based on the amount of feedback as something that needs to be adjusted, then i'm sure it will. but based on normal play, it shouldn't affect many.
    I would just like to resurect this thread.
    A member of my guild bought a a $200 dollar package.
    She was unaware of spending cap , but did not complain.
    She ground all the way to 60 ...AND STILL HAS A SPENDING CAP IN AUCTION HOUSE!!!
    so based on "normal play" as you so condescendingly put it, it would sure effect my gameplay (and attitude towards this Game)
    If I were to spend $200 and not only not get to use it until a certain level, but then also not even get to use a crucial part of the game (AH) because of some broken new anti spam measure I would not consider spending another dime.
    Some people take weeks or months to grind to lvl 60 if they dont have much time...but i guess they shouldn't spend money here if they want to be able to use it in the next few weeks. Lame system is lame.
    edited June 2014
    Mods please delete my post.
  • vscoutvvscoutv Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014

You seem to have this attitude that people should just grind to 60 and shut their mouth about it. It took me sometime to get my first toon to level 60. I took one to 50, decided I didnt care for the class, took another to around the same, decided I wanted to try different class, and got that one to 60. Now I have 5 at 60, but reaching 60 was never my goal. Playing and experiencing the game was my goal. With all but my first toon, I used Mulhorand gear, Iuon Stones, , rank 7's and Greater weapon enchants, and Apparatus of kwalsh. All of which I bought through AH. I didnt buy hero pack, but I bought Zen and traded for AD to get my gear. DID I need that stuff to play? No, but I wanted it and it was my prerogative to do so, and , for me, it made leveling a more enjoyable experience.

What are you obligated to defend every bad policy? Or just believe that your way is the only way people should play the game? OP has AD, which he spent his hard earned money to buy legitimately. He wants to spend it to help aid him in his leveling. He should be allowed. If he wants to use his AD, to buy [insert any expensive item] from AH and immediately discard it, that is his business. He wants, or wanted Mulhorand gear and enchants, much as I had as I was completely free to buy whatever I could afford, to aid in his gameplay. They cost more than the cap. It is wrong he is being denied. It is just that simple. Heh, and BTW, How many people buy a Molhorand weapon for their level 60 toon?
    As a young boy chasing Dragons with your wooden sword so mighty, You're St. George or you're David and you always killed the beast
    Times change very quickly And you had to grow up early. A house in smoking ruins and the bodies at your feet ~Iron Maiden
    edited June 2014
    If this new policy gets the exchange moving again isn't it worth it? How would you fix the exchange? It's certainly an inconvenience to some, but if the exchange starts working again as a result I think most would view this as positive.
    edited June 2014
    hooli78 wrote: »
    If this new policy gets the exchange moving again isn't it worth it? How would you fix the exchange? It's certainly an inconvenience to some, but if the exchange starts working again as a result I think most would view this as positive.

Why exactly does cryptic need to fix the exchange? The people purchasing zen are still getting what they want. Its the freeloaders who put up their AD for zen who are having to wait.

Cryptic doesn't need to change anything.

They could introduce a new mysterious egg event as it is an AD sink and it promotes people to buy zen to get AD, other than, Cryptic, paying customers and the freeloaders are in a relatively decent spot with regards to this topic
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited June 2014

First, this posts Are the feedback, there is not other feedback except perhaps support tickets. And the people actually postiing on the forums are negligible compared to the total player base.

Secondly, the claim if it affected many or not is irrelevant, if it affected a player base that cryptic would like to maintain (as it seems to me) then it should be fixed regardless that they are few among the levelers.

While i agree that a limit or any measures against the gold sellers are a good thing,
    And that a player shouldn't buy anything except fast mount (zen) until 60, thats not the issue, the issue here is the affect on a paying customer that wants to buy with his AD things that will help him level.
    And the line between what a person can do with his bought AD and the limit of gold sellers.
    More so a person that has a limit after getting to 60 and bought a pack is clearly not an intended behavior and should be addressed.

On a side note :
    I think you as a moderator should add that your post reflect your opinion and not reflect cryptic position on subjects unless it is.
    In my opinion, from your post it can be understood, that the message is "It doesn't affect many, so if we have many complaints (feedback) we will fix it but for now, level as you are because we decided you don't need it."
    While the fact that panderous posting here and he post very rarely outside the feedback / preview forums shows a more closer look at the situations and willingness to do adjustments that those buying customers will buy what they want (perhaps , yes, with limits).
    hooli78 wrote: »

Didn't see anything wrong with it. A bit of queue (a bit of understatement) but unless you willing to pay, I think waiting few days is not an issue. I think Cryptic having some revenue is a good thing... i would like the game still going and not closing tomorrow.
    edited June 2014
    micky1p00 wrote: »
    Didn't see anything wrong with it. A bit of queue (a bit of understatement) but unless you willing to pay, I think waiting few days is not an issue. I think Cryptic having some revenue is a good thing... i would like the game still going and not closing tomorrow.

Of course free-loaders will whine and complain about that feature that they've taken advantage of.

Did you know that for a whole year now, I've been able to get anything from the zen store for free because of my diamonds?
This discussion has been closed.