test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What I'd like to have considered concerning PvE on balancing the classes

qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
So, there comes the storm, the changing wave of balance!

I want to point out a problem in the current balance, from a PvE perspective. Dungeons.

Most if not all persons posting here have 15k+ toons (most likely 17k these days) and are very likely from the dungeon zerging persuasion. They are the ones that call out loudest for nerfing all classes, cause they have all they can have. Dungeons are boring. Not so for a fresh level 60!

If there drops mostly green and blue gear in T1, T2 dungeons think about the necessary requirements to finish these dungeons! If a group needs to be fully equipped with blue or preferably purple gear what is the point of green or blue gear found in dungeons anyway? Except annoying the players?

Suggestion:
Due to some strange old magic lingering in the dungeons wearing too many magic items would melt your skin.
In a T1 dungeon one must not wear (and can not equip in the dungeon) more than 4 purple gear items. No more than a total of 8 slots may be equipped with blue or purple gear. So on 4 equipment slots you are either green or naked. This would make balancing dungeons quite a bit easier. T2 dungeons have 2 greens and 2 blues, up to 8 purples. MC/VT can be entered with full purple.

As more equipment needs more inventory slots it might be a good idea to increase the size of the Bag of Holding to 18, and Greater Bag of Holding to 36. I think no one would complain!

Soloing:
I understand that a GF should not have the damage output of a GWF or TR.
Is there a way to make e.g. the solo experience for all classes bearable? I run the 6 daily quests with all classes in IWP/DV every day and it would be nice if the quests take for every class about the same time, give or take a minute or two.
After balancing GWF, TR and HR deal more damage, but spends most of his time dodging attacks, which in turn makes them kill a mob group take as long as for the GF/CW/DC. Would this be possible?

PS: And please get rid of Righteousness! For PvP we have healing depression these days. A DC can not deal much damage and then not even heal himself? 'twas a bad day when this was added!

Any other things that might be worth mentioning?
Post edited by qq88pp on

Comments

• malphaeousmalphaeous Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 88
    edited June 2014
    "
    Suggestion:
    Due to some strange old magic lingering in the dungeons wearing too many magic items would melt your skin.
    In a T1 dungeon one must not wear (and can not equip in the dungeon) more than 4 purple gear items. No more than a total of 8 slots may be equipped with blue or purple gear. So on 4 equipment slots you are either green or naked. This would make balancing dungeons quite a bit easier. T2 dungeons have 2 greens and 2 blues, up to 8 purples. MC/VT can be entered with full purple."

you are kidding right? in my guild the CN/MC/VT geared players run through T1/T2 with our new 60s to help them get gear, we choose dungeons based on the needs of the lowest geared player, so now you want me to have to keep a gimp set when bag space is at a premium for players who have not spent money on bags and bank slots...besides that I have been in groups who didnt have the skill to get through a dungeon without outgearing it, you want them to just quit playing?what about farming epics during delves youve pretty much negated that and any incentive to run delves in a T1/T2 for geared players, and geared/skilled players running delves is how a lot of new players learn.

"Soloing:
    I understand that a GF should not have the damage output of a GWF or TR.
    Is there a way to make e.g. the solo experience for all classes bearable? I run the 6 daily quests with all classes in IWP/DV every day and it would be nice if the quests take for every class about the same time, give or take a minute or two.
    After balancing GWF, TR and HR deal more damage, but spends most of his time dodging attacks, which in turn makes them kill a mob group take as long as for the GF/CW/DC. Would this be possible?"

Srsly??? I would assume you looked at the strengths and weaknesses of your characters before choosing to play them right? if this is true you knew that high survivability characters operate on the " Outlast it" principle, and high dps ( Low survivability) characters operate on the " Kill it faster" principle no? so now you want the devs to use the disadvantage of the low survivability characters to take away their advantage? in the name of balance? I dont think that would be balance at all, beyond that lesser skilled players would be completely screwed, and most likely to give the mobs that many high damage attacks so would the more skilled players, I have 2 dodges then im waiting to refill stamina so now I have to run around hope they dont catch me and not get too close to any other mobs ... yeah that sounds fair I got an idea... why dont they give all the classes the exact same abilities with different animations... then they dont have to worry about one class wanting the advantages of another without wanting to give up their own advantages, or one class wanting to see the advantages of another taken away without them getting another advantage to take its place...
    it seems you need to consider the far reaching implications of your suggestions
    The road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Did I mention, I do not have good intentions?