test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

ETA for Roar fix?

tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
The bug that affects the most people, and disrupts game balance the most is probably the Roar bug.

Another patch today, still no fix.

It's great and all that the CT door never gets stuck now and that certain undead cannot heal when they hit a GF block with Soul Reaver, but where is the prioritization?

When can we expect Roar to be fixed?
Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
Post edited by tripsofthrymr on

Comments

• psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I suspect every changes to classes will be postponed to mod4.

I've never seen another company so afraid to change classes, or so understaffed.
    But then again, when they change something every inconceivable problem arise.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    That is the thing though. It is not a bug that "Affects the most People" and "disrupts game balance the most" It only affects PVP for the most part.

Sure it sucks for the pvp community but it will be fixed in time.
  • packetjpacketj Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Can somebody enlighten me? What's the deal about roar, why and how is it bugged? Thanks no idea atm.
  • kolatmasterkolatmaster Member Posts: 3,111 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    If it's any consolation... I never use Roar on my GWFs for PvE or PvP, haven't since way back in mid-2013!

Just saying not all GWFs use it. :cool:
    va8Ru.gif
  • evrisaevrisa Member Posts: 40 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    @packetj: Along with the intended effects of interrupting and pushing opponents back a bit, Roar is also rooting and stunning ppl. It ignores all cc break skills (ITC, even the almighty unstoppable). With its approx. 8 sec cd, feated (iirc), its a major game changer. Nobody is immune from it, you do not see an animation. Unless you are totally geared out (10s, perfects, elixirs, artifacts) chances are you will get killed over and over again with the roar-prone combo. Enjoy your pvp.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The devs have acknowledged the issue. However, there simply is no ETA for a fix. Issues are not fixed on a "first reported, first fixed" basis, and priorities change on a daily--or sometimes hourly--basis. What the players think should be fixed immediately does not always match up with what is at the top of the devs' priority list. Furthermore, any sort of bug fixing has to be sandwiched in between checking new content for issues--they simply aren't going to stop work on new content to fix existing bugs because people complain about a particular issue.

As has been stated before, seemingly minor bugs get fixed before others because of the simple fact that there are different personnel responsible for different portions. Those who fix graphical glitches aren't the same personnel that fix battle mechanics, and those that fix battle mechanics aren't the same that fix the audio.

Until they actually have the patch ready to go to fix that, they couldn't give an ETA. Threads asking "is it fixed yet?" when the clear and obvious answer is "not yet", don't really serve any purpose except to incite.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
This discussion has been closed.