test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Changes since november/2013

grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey guys, whats up?

I was off NW since november last year because I got a baby boy, and time got very short!
I'm very lost about NW evolution since that time, anyone can help me a lot and list some major changes that happened to the game this period? Things like enchant changes, classes, quests, dungeons, etc?

Thank you very much and cheers! :cool:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Post edited by grungebrmpk on

Comments

• mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This thread will be locked, as all threads of this sort are. Go ingame and see.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    How can I see this ingame? Tryed and just stated some changes, but there are no way to see it.

Thanks anyway, I think..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Mod 1 introduced Sharandar and the campaign system. Added Call of the Hunt Skirmish and Malabog's Castle dungeon.

Mod 2 introduced Dread Ring. Added Dread Ring themed skirmish and Valindra's Tower. Hunter Ranger was added as a class.

Mod 3 introduced Icewind Dale. Added Black Ice gear and enchants and Kessel's Retreat skirmish.

Somewhere amongst all that was the change to enchants to the refinement system and the addition of artifacts, either with mod 1 or somewhere in between mod 1 and mod 2.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There is so much I don't even know where to begin with:

- GWF is not useless anymore like back then, in fact, it's the most overpowered class by far (Speaking both PVP and PVE here, no other class excels on both except GWF's)

- Sharandar, Dread Ring and Icewind Dale.

- Trickster Rogue is not the king of DPS anymore. FAR from it.

- New dungeons: Valindra's tower where you fight Valindra herself, and Malabog's castle where you fight her pet dragon (Dracolich's cousin XD)

- PVP is not the same as before. There are artifacts now which are powerful items who help a lot.

etc etc etc etc
  • grungebrmpkgrungebrmpk Member, Neverwinter Guardian Users Posts: 201 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    Thank you very much guys! You helped a lot!

2 more questions:

- How is the cleric now? It's my main, back there I was doing good in PVE but got smashed in pvp, is it still the same?
    - Are enchants more accesible now? Back at my time, you had to spend a lot of money to get high lvl enchants.

Thank you very much again!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Thank you very much guys! You helped a lot!

2 more questions:

- How is the cleric now? It's my main, back there I was doing good in PVE but got smashed in pvp, is it still the same?
    - Are enchants more accesible now? Back at my time, you had to spend a lot of money to get high lvl enchants.

Thank you very much again!

1) Devoted Cleric should be renamed so Devoted Punching Bag. Seriously, it's SO bad in PVP now, they cannot self-heal as much as back then and they cannot hurt a fly. When in IceWind dale open world PVP. Attacking a Cleric is like attacking an innocent civilian. They always run away, always.

For PVE, it's still the same I guess

2) There's a new refining system btw, mo more fusing. Enchants arguably cost more. You remember coalescent ward? Last I checked it was at 400K Astral Diamonds now. Compared to back then where it was 50-100K.
    edited June 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    1) Devoted Cleric should be renamed so Devoted Punching Bag. Seriously, it's SO bad in PVP now, they cannot self-heal as much as back then and they cannot hurt a fly. When in IceWind dale open world PVP. Attacking a Cleric is like attacking an innocent civilian. They always run away, always.

For PVE, it's still the same I guess

2) There's a new refining system btw, mo more fusing. Enchants arguably cost more. You remember coalescent ward? Last I checked it was at 400K Astral Diamonds now. Compared to back then where it was 50-100K.

Thank you again Pandora!
    It's very sad to hear about the cleric, maybe it isnt' the right time to come back to this game, as I play more pvp than pve =(

So, it's more difficult to get the enchants now? Wow, it was already super hard without real money
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited June 2014
    Thank you again Pandora!
    It's very sad to hear about the cleric, maybe it isnt' the right time to come back to this game, as I play more pvp than pve =(

So, it's more difficult to get the enchants now? Wow, it was already super hard without real money

It's funny how rare coalescent wards became now.

Ohh I completed forgot this too! You remember the 7/7 invoke coffer that would get you a coal week at least every week or every 2/3 weeks? Well they nerfed that to oblivion and I've had only 1 coal ward drop since December 2013. Yes, one.
  • akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    enchantments are actually cheaper over time now if your using Pwards instead of Cwards. the big change is the way refining works. One of the shops in PE has a tutorial on refining that I would reccommend you go through (sorry dont remember which one)
    edited June 2014
    akemnos wrote: »
    enchantments are actually cheaper over time now if your using Pwards instead of Cwards. the big change is the way refining works. One of the shops in PE has a tutorial on refining that I would reccommend you go through (sorry dont remember which one)

I assumed he meant enchants such as Vorpal, Soul. etc etc
    edited June 2014
    Thanks again for the responses guys.
    I will measure my progression to see it is viable for me as a new daddy with 10 hr work to play NW again, hope so!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    because I got a baby boy

Gratz.

There is a new realm. Also, your class got nerfed. Dunno what your class is, but it got nerfed.