test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What's going on? Please rate my missions.

guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
edited July 2014 in Foundry Quest Database
Several months ago I completed the work on my campaign "Adventures in Zephyr Ridge" ... This campaign with it's three adventures is very highly rated (with an average of 4.5 stars). I advertised it here in this forum and I received a few plays. For TWO months I have not touched this game nor have I posted anything on this forum. NOT ONE PLAY.... on any of my quests during this time. So... with all the players this game has, I find it hard to believe that these quests did not receive one play. Something is broken.... what's going on? Why zero plays? Is the search function really that bad? Can highly rated quests that fit into the daily time-limit really be that hard to find .. with thousands and thousands of players... not one play?

For any that are interested....

NW-DHPPFCRU4 A Vacation in the Hill Country.
NW-DLPJKB3L3 The Tower of Madness.
NW-DTNVL7SAC The Ruins of Fortress Baryl
Post edited by guitarzan698 on

Comments

• colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    People tend to run foundry missions with a duration of 15 minutes, preferably combined with good drops aka. grind quests. I have one of those and it has a rating of 4.09 with 20-50 plays per day. I tried some of the longer quests with lots of dialogue myself but pretty fast i came to the conclusion, that the time consumed and the rewards given for it are a huge turn off. On top of that, most user created dialogues are either too long or plain boring in themselves.

• guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you .. I do appreciate your thoughts... but these three quests play at 15 to 20 minutes.. each. AND.. in order to determine if the dialogue is boring, wouldn't you have to play the quest? The ratings given to the quests are quite good and I am surprised that they have not had plays. So, like I said in my original post, What's going on? I think something is broken.
  • colonelwingcolonelwing Member Posts: 1,448 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank you .. I do appreciate your thoughts... but these three quests play at 15 to 20 minutes.. each. AND.. in order to determine if the dialogue is boring, wouldn't you have to play the quest? The ratings given to the quests are quite good and I am surprised that they have not had plays. So, like I said in my original post, What's going on? I think something is broken.

You know what? As soon as i am home i am going to play your quests. I like dialogues. No, no, nothing's wrong. What's happening is that people don't seem to care, anymore. i think the main reason for this is, the bad rewards from the final chest. I know, drops and wealth isn't and shouldn't be everything... but today's youth and even older generations have and even promote such a terrible attitude, sadly.

• eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yep. Very few people run foundry quests -- even the daily isn't really worth bothering for most people.
    I've got several quests that haven't been run in 3-6 months. Until Cryptic fixes the pathetic rewards and many of the bugs, foundry will eventually just wither and die.
  • valcontar73valcontar73 Member Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    IWD consumes a lot of time... And, if you have alters, and want them all doing the campaign... go figure.
    NWS-DLXTNXRF2 - Angeline von Stein
    NWS-DOVA9JIJV - The Lost Seneschal
    NW-DT3221YUY - The Wildcross Bride

Foundry Grand Master.
  • russe2623russe2623 Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I've been away a few months too and mine only had a couple of plays. There's a lot of foundry missions available and not many people can be bothered unless they are rewarded...daily's etc. I take pleasure in making the maps, not the amount of plays I get and would be happy if only 1 person played it and gave me a nice review. So no, it's not broken, it's as per design.
    The Legend of One-eyed Drin : NWS-DTS5YGGAQ
  • jenazulajenazula Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    You know what? As soon as i am home i am going to play your quests. I like dialogues. No, no, nothing's wrong. What's happening is that people don't seem to care, anymore. i think the main reason for this is, the bad rewards from the final chest. I know, drops and wealth isn't and shouldn't be everything... but today's youth and even older generations have and even promote such a terrible attitude, sadly.

It is kind of sad. I think the best thing about this game is the foundry. There are plenty of MMO's - but I love questing and to have an endless supply of quests is awesome. I really don't care about the Phat Lootz or Leet end game stuff. Nice to have a little niche to fit in.
  • grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    The problem is, People can't find your foundry quests. If you are not on best or featured, you are out of luck. Few players come to these forums, and fewer go these this section.

If you get featured, boom you will get 2000+ plays in a week (if its short)
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • guitarzan698guitarzan698 Member Posts: 384 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    Ok.. I've been gone (playing a new game) for another month or so. I see this game is still broken. Are these people ever going to fix the search function so that players can actually find the foundry quests? Or find a way to get players to try them? Or ... have the devs just given up on the foundry? Any new stuff for the foundry?

Hmmm... let me answer my own questions: No, No, Yes, No.

There.
  • zshikarazshikara Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 796 Arc User
    edited July 2014
    I do foundaries, but usually only 4 or 5 of them on the weekends when I have time. During the week I usually just spend my in game time doing dailies and skirmishes and domination.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Tired of running dungeons with exploiters and cheaters? Join the legit channel by visiting http://goo.gl/1zfnTS to apply!
    Performing ritual pony sacrifices to Tiamat to earn favor with the RNG Gods since 2014.