test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Trade bars in lockboxes

alcattlealcattle Member Posts: 6 Arc User
edited June 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
I do not need to know lock boxes are bad, poor and big gamble. I just want to know which ones have trade bars and which ones don't. Also I remember there was a change in a LB do reduce the number in each box.

TIA for any input
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Any lockbox can drop 1-20 bars. The nerf meant that none of them can drop more than 20 bars, which they used to be able to.

The exception is lockboxes that can contain a tradebar jackpot, which you get instead of any other prize. These automatically open except from the first box where they were introduced, Feywild.

Other than that, no particular lockbox is better for getting tradebars than any other.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    angryspriteangrysprite Member Posts: 4,982 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Any lockbox can drop 1-20 bars. The nerf meant that none of them can drop more than 20 bars, which they used to be able to.

The exception is lockboxes that can contain a tradebar jackpot, which you get instead of any other prize. These automatically open except from the first box where they were introduced, Feywild.

Other than that, no particular lockbox is better for getting tradebars than any other.

^This.

Just to clarify: EVERY Lockbox contains at least one (1) Tradebar. Most contain an average of four (4) to six (6) bars. Anything more than this and you should consider it a win. Anything less than this and you should consider it a flop.

Though lockboxes, as a general rule, are a lot of fun and do more often-than-not contain valuable prizes. But if you're hoping for specific things (Trade bars, Mount, etcetera) then they become a disappointment. But if you just want a pile of goodies, they're a lot of fun.
  • Options
    akemnosakemnos Member Posts: 597 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i was getting hte 4-6 average in the previous box but the new one seems to have the normal range (at least from the small sample size i opened) i was way more consistantly getting hte 10-14 range for trade bars.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Trade bar drops are as streaky as anything else. If you only ever open a few boxes, and you always open them singly or quickly in small batches, you're unlikely to see the full range.

If I open a couple and I'm getting tradebars <10 per box, I stop unless I was also pulling decent items.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    unrealized1977unrealized1977 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 100
    edited June 2014
    Trade bar drops are as streaky as anything else. If you only ever open a few boxes, and you always open them singly or quickly in small batches, you're unlikely to see the full range.

If I open a couple and I'm getting tradebars <10 per box, I stop unless I was also pulling decent items.

Do yourself a favor, if your looking for tradebars and larger amounts the older boxes give you a better chance. Feywild, Dark and Rusted.
  • Options
    rollingonitrollingonit Member Posts: 1,322 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Do yourself a favor, if your looking for tradebars and larger amounts the older boxes give you a better chance. Feywild, Dark and Rusted.

I think they nerfed all the boxes. I haven't actually played this game since Dec. But I was curious about the egg event with the chicken, so I logged on the gateway hoping I could get some eggs, found out I couldn't sadly. Then I thought Id open some boxes with left over zen, I wanted to open the new boxes, sadly I couldn't again cause I couldn't move anything from my mail to my inventory (disappointment after disappointment, I know tee hee). So I ended up opening some leftover Rusted boxes, the trade bars I received I think were all under the amount of 10. So disappointment x3.
    We can pretend.
    Fox Stevenson - Sandblast
    Oh Wonder - Without You

Do not go gentle into that good night.
    Rage, rage against the dying of the light.
    - Dylan Thomas