What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Over 100 CTA's and not one shaman drop.

13»

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    sigmatt wrote: »
    From the looks of it, cryptic still thinks they're giving out wayyyyy toooo many companions and ancient curios from this event. All work and no reward is what the name of the game should've been.

I only managed to get about 30-35 runs in this weekend; Of those, I got 2-3 R5 enchants, NO companions, and a bunch of R1-4's.

It's a little disheartening, and doesn't leave me with a fulfilled feeling regarding the event - especially since I had to go through so many potions due to the prevalence of red that was on the ground during the fight.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The really last cool event was in my memory the event around Christmas, you could participate and than after x days you could buy yourself a mimic, a sled and other things. Low participation, still you could get a reward, but much lesss worth, this was good for peeps, who have much to work or are casual people, while the grinder type could get more out of it, but either way you could feel, you see the end of the tunnel. Made people motivated and not frustrated or angry.

Simply back to that system!
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

• zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    . . . I had a really low drop rate experience also, compared to past CTAs. I ran quite a number of them this time a round, I think more so than some of the past. I only got one Lizardman Shaman and one Curio drop. I ended up buying a second for a modest fee off the Auction House. I still enjoyed the CTA very much so and I really love the Jungle Dyes (I am a HUGE fan/sucker for Dyes!) and Savage Enchants. While I don't have a character (yet) that will use the transmutables, I still do like them. They just don't fit any of my current characters. I still was able to obtain one transmute of each though, for storage. Over all, well done! :)

. . . However I do feel the drop rate on the Lizards was quite low. I really would love seeing the Companions put up for purchase with Merits for future CTAs. Just make them Bind to Account upon purchase until equipped, similar to what was done for the green slime (only BtA instead please) -- while leaving the ones that drop in the chests Bind on Equip.

. . . I think it would also be awesome to see the CTA's enchants for sale too in their respective vendors, as well as anything else that drops during that CTA and just make any "rare" items BtA if bought through the Merit Vendor. This would continue to bring down the grind factor and allow the playing of the CTAs more for fun instead of a "race" or deadline. Especially for alt-addicts and collectors like myself.

. . . Don't get me wrong, I did not expect to get a companion for each of my 15 characters, as I do not mind the idea of waiting for this CTA to come around again to work on the collections, but was hoping for more than one companion (plus the one I bought). Yeah, I am also addicted to companions. :D

. . . Never-the-less, I am really thankful for the addition of the Merit vendor some CTA's back. This was an awesome move to help casual players, alt-addicts, and collectors. I hope to see it continue to be used and expanded upon in all future Events! Thanks!
  • jasonf247jasonf247 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 32
    edited June 2014
    Zeb has spoken. All hail Zeb!

Actually I was just logging in to post something very similar. For me, it was 50 runs with no lizard-dudes or curios. The way the Respen's game event worked was PERFECT. 10 - 15 runs to get one of the rare items in a bound-to-account form was great for those of us that couldn't get them from the end chest. Reasonable reward for reasonable effort. That's what will keep people interested and keep them playing. This event was throat-stompingly bad luck and frustration in exchange for extreme effort. That's the kind of thing that makes people think about what else they should be doing with their time.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited June 2014
    jasonf247 wrote: »
    Zeb has spoken. All hail Zeb!

Actually I was just logging in to post something very similar. For me, it was 50 runs with no lizard-dudes or curios. The way the Respen's game event worked was PERFECT. 10 - 15 runs to get one of the rare items in a bound-to-account form was great for those of us that couldn't get them from the end chest. Reasonable reward for reasonable effort. That's what will keep people interested and keep them playing. This event was throat-stompingly bad luck and frustration in exchange for extreme effort. That's the kind of thing that makes people think about what else they should be doing with their time.
    . . . I hear ya. I really loved how Respens' event was also, especially the actual event/gameplay! I cannot wait for Respen to set up his game board again!!
  • valwrynvalwryn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,620 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    The event itself was fun. I mostly PUG'd it and teaming up with low levels made it more entertaining. My Nature Ranger received quite a few of Thanks for spamming Fox Cunning, ya it was hard to find the non red grass. I did manage to gather up over 100 Jungle dyes. I just need to buy more Red dyes and I'm set for Christmas. Sadly I didn't get a companion or curio. This is the first event I didn't get any of the top prizes. :(
  • celticgamer0celticgamer0 Member Posts: 537 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got the companion after a few runs when I bought it on the AH :D
    I had to juggle a few AD between characters, but I finally got it (and a few hundred zen as well) lol
    I kind of regret doing that as the lizard does suck, but I needed another heal
  • fdsakhfduewhfiuffdsakhfduewhfiuf Member Posts: 604 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I wish Cryptic would step away from random drops and would let us work towards stuff. Respen's game was perfect in that regard.

The ideal solution IMO would be random BoE items in the chest and purchasable bound to account items. It is much more fulfilling to have an achievable goal to work for than having to rely on luck. That can quickly get very frustrating.

This of course also applies to dungeon delves and main hand/glove drops from heroic encounters. It is frustrating having to do them over and over again, especially the heroic Encounters.
  • godhricgodhric Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 437 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    this is one of those events that you're NOT EXCITED to do.. but you gotta do it still because you havent made any significant progress out of all the runs that you have done. Really a torture.. People tend to remember more about bad things happening to them than good things.. So, unfortunate people who dids 100 run and still get nothing will remember what kind of event CTA is, and feel unexcited the next time it arrive...
  • ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Rather ironic. They way they introduce the new dungeon delve keys into mod 3, talking about making dungeon runs fit around your schedule, but they stick to the same painful CTA model that's all about a buttload of free time and luck sadly. Even with a buttload of time, you still need that second ingredient, luck......
  • akweteakwete Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Me and my partner ran this event a total of 302 times between us.
    0 companions.
    0 curios.
    6 rank 5.
    2 very bored, frustrated and unhappy customers.

I'd like to add my agreement to the suggestions reiterated throughout this thread: a purchasable account-bound option and/or increasing chances the more you run the event.

I'd also like to see some alternative way to earn this shaman - I really wanted it!
  • qq88ppqq88pp Member Posts: 143 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There is so much frustration in this tread (and also here) you could paint a continent with it.
    It would be wonderful if the PWE product manager could use it to fill some gaps on the player expectation experience.
  • chrcorechrcore Member Posts: 329 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    qq88pp wrote: »
    There is so much frustration in this tread (and also here) you could paint a continent with it.
    It would be wonderful if the PWE product manager could use it to fill some gaps on the player expectation experience.

Isn't it obvious? They strive for player frustration? Just look at the recent "fix" for the Black Ice gear. They make it easier to get credit, but reduced the drop rate. 1 step forward, 2 steps backward. Personally, I'd rather they don't patch anything.
  • pandora1xpandora1x Member Posts: 725 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Someone aware what the hell is a "Curio" ?

Thought only the Shaman, Dyes and enchants dropped? So what's a Curio ?
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pandora1x wrote: »
    Someone aware what the hell is a "Curio" ?

Thought only the Shaman, Dyes and enchants dropped? So what's a Curio ?

It's an item which can be turned in to the "Disheveled Madman" in PE, for a purple item; http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Disheveled_Madman

http://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Slayer_Belt_of_the_Xvim
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • mareatlanticummareatlanticum Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 202 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    They simply should keep the drop rates at constant 5%. This way everyone who fails to get one can purchase it cheaply from AH and the grinders are rewarded enough. Also this makes the supply last longer, but the prices for the few left after less than half year after would still be in hundreds of thousands AD and then there would still be atleast half a year before next event.

I ran this CtA about hundred times with no companion drop and was certainly less than amused about the fact that I had spent hours playing with no reward. Adding to this the about 10% chance to get chest reward of over level 3 enchant and reduced token rewards, this was all time worst CtA in my books.

I calculated less than 2k AD per hour income from the runs which is extremely crappy as you can do tens of times that from dungeons or even regular skirmishes...
    Give us 4 or more power/item bar profiles so we can change powers and items with one click that are suited for the situation.