test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why is de rate to get a decent reward (CTA) so low?

2»

Comments

• bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    fgmfanha wrote: »
    WHat i meant by saying that is that my efforts dont give anything... and that, in my opinion, is a bit unfair! If i carry most of the games i do i should be rewarded! No?

Well, the CTAs seem to be a "everyone gets a chance" type of event, whereas you have things like the zone events and HEs, where ranking has more of an impact...
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • vscoutvvscoutv Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yeah, over 150 runs combined, 75 on one char alone and highest I've seen is rank 5 enchant. I think this is last straw for me. Its not just that I'm not getting any of the special loot after grinding some 12.5 hours of play time, but I feel like a sucker for doing it. Combined with some other things, Eye of Lathander comes to mind among others including previous CTA's, I need to face the reality that my my RNG is way too bad in this game to bother. Especially when I've talked to others who have gotten 2 or three companions and or curios with far less runs. Oh well, as the saying goes' if it's no longer fun...'
    As a young boy chasing Dragons with your wooden sword so mighty, You're St. George or you're David and you always killed the beast
    Times change very quickly And you had to grow up early. A house in smoking ruins and the bodies at your feet ~Iron Maiden
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    There's a reason why I only do CTAs during Skirmish hour and perhaps just one hour per day. Days without sleep for the Shadow Wolf was one bad experience too many for me.

If I get the big prizes, huzzah, if not, I get some dyes and AD. Fair rewards for the effort put in.

Wait for a few days to a week after CTA, and the companion is dirt cheap on the AH.
  • fgmfanhafgmfanha Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    drinnth wrote: »
    Top Leaderboard spots do not really effect what you loot in the chest at the end. It's a random chance as to whether you get dye, pet, mount, curio, weapon enchant, rank 4 or rank 5 enchant. Also depends on which CTA you are doing. CTA general determines the themes of the item drops. And AD only drops during skirmish hour, or sometimes randomly in the Sharandar skirmish.

Some people like to believe taking top rank will give you better stuff, but I know I've been in groups where the lowest man in the 5 gets all the goodies, so it is basically random chance. Similar to opening a lock box. Drops are never ensured. They have a chance to drop and you may farm all 5 days for CTA and never see one if the RNG hates you. Now at least you can get the weapon skin for CTA tokens. It's my hope that one day all the rewards will be placed in the CTA token store. Granted it will likely be for a lot of tokens, but at least you will know how much to grind to get one if you really want it.

RNG is hatting me this time :( usually in my CTA's i drop everything at least once! this time it is just taking toooo long and its the one i grinded most! lol (getting impacient) lol
    I thought they might had implemented the loot table like the encounters on IWD! that would be fair in my opinion! everyone had the chance to get the items, but the ones that colaborated the most to get a mission success would have better chances!
  • drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    We have tried to pass it along that long grinds without anything to show for it generally don't go over well. The problem is they want to maintain some kind of rarity of items, ie not everyone can have one. This means only certain lucky people will get the rewards and profit or use it. This tends to make players want to avoid the interaction esp when the RNG always seems to treat them badly. Random chance is just random chance. Technically, they have little control over it. Granted they could weight or skew rewards, but everyone getting it makes a special item into a common item. Although allowing people who participate in events to at least feel rewarded would not be a bad thing, or would it?

I'm not opposed to doing say 20-30 skirms to get something, but when you grind skirms for 12 hrs for 5 days, do close to 150-200 skirms and see no reward(getting dye and a random rank 4 or 5 enchant is not really a reward, its the troll/booby prize, just like getting 25 black ice in Icewind Dale), you really do begin to wonder if attending the CTA events is worthwhile expenditure of time. Granted it is your choice whether you attend the event or not, but with little to no chance at rewards, will you really want to participate in future CTA events?

The only real reason is to get the drops, or to participate is a skirmish you missed while leveling up. You could just farm for refinement point boxes and hope you get lucky, although the RNG of those boxes will make you curse about as much as the RNG of the CTA event drops will. Heh.
    edited June 2014
    The thing is.. if you dont make the chances of a better prize to be calculated with the effort you made on that CTA run, most people wont even try harder on the skirmish and you will end up carrying games and not get anything or even, sometimes carrying afk ppl because you cant even vote for the kick of an element like dungeons! I dont mind carrying games, because once i was weak or didnt know how to play but i like to carry ppl who at least try to help... it happened to me dying from lag issues at the cta and no one even tryed to ressurect me... and stuff like that just makes me rage a bit! :/
  • drinnthdrinnth Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    This already happens, ppl will afk at the start of the skirm. The only fix right now is for the leader to kick players that are not actively helping to complete the skirmish. Although I could see low levels not want to actively participate, but in some of the hard skirms, even with the tuning to make them a bit easier than normal, not having 5 active members can make or break or make it take much longer than necessary.

If you are in my skirm and are inactive and don't say anything in chat about your inactivity, I am inclined to remove you for being a detriment to the party. With the tuning buffs, even low levels can contribute, being low level is not really a reason to afk a skirmish. And there is no vote kick, the leader has full control, at least in this round of CTA. But I'm sure vote kicks would succeed if they were implemented. Most players do not like leeches.

If you see someone not participating, bring it up and group chat and notify the team leader, although you might have to fight thru language barriers if the team leader does not speak your home language.
    edited June 2014
    drinnth wrote: »
    This already happens, ppl will afk at the start of the skirm. The only fix right now is for the leader to kick players that are not actively helping to complete the skirmish. Although I could see low levels not want to actively participate, but in some of the hard skirms, even with the tuning to make them a bit easier than normal, not having 5 active members can make or break or make it take much longer than necessary.

If you are in my skirm and are inactive and don't say anything in chat about your inactivity, I am inclined to remove you for being a detriment to the party. With the tuning buffs, even low levels can contribute, being low level is not really a reason to afk a skirmish. And there is no vote kick, the leader has full control, at least in this round of CTA. But I'm sure vote kicks would succeed if they were implemented. Most players do not like leeches.

If you see someone not participating, bring it up and group chat and notify the team leader, although you might have to fight thru language barriers if the team leader does not speak your home language.

Yep you are right! (finally got a shaman after around 80 runs) lol
    edited June 2014
    I'm a bit less "angry" now but i think the issue that we have been discussing percist!
    edited June 2014
    And now an ancient currio! WTH?????
  • evaliraevalira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 245 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I got a shamen on my 72nd run and a curio on my 73rd and nothing before that.

I wouldn't mind but the design of this skirmish is awful I have used more potions in this than a T2 DD. Gauraunder the Red more like.
    edited June 2014
    True Trappers are annoying.... they are allways spamming that trap thing...
    edited June 2014
    And I think there is a bug... sometimes the poison on the ground keep beeing visible even after not active, i.e. stoppend doing damage! So i dont know where i can and where i cant step!
  • bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    fgmfanha wrote: »
    And I think there is a bug... sometimes the poison on the ground keep beeing visible even after not active, i.e. stoppend doing damage! So i dont know where i can and where i cant step!

There are acid craters on the ground in the area where you fight - they are just for show, but do emit smoke/vapors that look similar to the actual attacks.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Okay guys, literally the only reason why I'm doing this event is for the curio because I want that 3 set bonus as it sounds quite OP. I have no idea how rare it is though, and from the looks of it I might not even get one even if I were to do the CTA event starting now until it ends non stop. Am I wrong when I say this? Or, can anyone possibly give me a rough estimate on how many trips I'm going to be doing in order to obtain this item? :s
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
    edited June 2014
    erdokan wrote: »
    Okay guys, literally the only reason why I'm doing this event is for the curio because I want that 3 set bonus as it sounds quite OP. I have no idea how rare it is though, and from the looks of it I might not even get one even if I were to do the CTA event starting now until it ends non stop. Am I wrong when I say this? Or, can anyone possibly give me a rough estimate on how many trips I'm going to be doing in order to obtain this item? :s

It is supposed to be a really rare item! that can only be obtained on events such as this one!
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's completely random. I got one on my TR's second run of the CTA. Others have ground the skirmish for days without success.

The belt isn't all that expensive on AH last I looked. Still more than I'd ever pay, but not horrible. If you want that you're probably better off buying it and then farming dungeon runs for salvage/AH fodder to pay for it. Instant gratification.
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • erdokanerdokan Member Posts: 188 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    naicalus wrote: »
    It's completely random. I got one on my TR's second run of the CTA. Others have ground the skirmish for days without success.

The belt isn't all that expensive on AH last I looked. Still more than I'd ever pay, but not horrible. If you want that you're probably better off buying it and then farming dungeon runs for salvage/AH fodder to pay for it. Instant gratification.

Ohh I see, I was under the impression that this was not a tradeable item haha. Thanks :)
    David Valtiere, Lvl 70 TR with perfect Lvl 60 gear which I don't want to replace cause nostalgia yo ;_;
  • naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Well, the Ancient Curio you trade in for it is not, it's a character bound currency item. Once you get the actual belt though, it's BoE and you can get it from the AH. :)
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • vonsteubenvonsteuben Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    erdokan wrote: »

Heh, considering I've made over 250 runs and haven't gotten anything other than the normal chest loot. Not a single companion let alone a curio. I'd say it's pretty rare. Seriously this CTA is a joke and it ruined this game for me and the CTA's were one of the few things I looked forward to in this game. I would love to know what the actual drop rate for these thing are or whatever secret formula they are using because a bunch of people were saying they've done 100-150 with nothing but normal chest loot. Thats not counting the people I've talked to that said they did like 40-50 and gave up.

BTW, using queue for groups, my average run time was like 5-7 mins, so you can do the math on how many hours I grinded w/o getting a single companion or curio.
  • xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vonsteuben wrote: »
    Seriously this CTA is a joke and it ruined this game for me and the CTA's were one of the few things I looked forward to in this game.
    I agree wholeheartedly. I am normally looking forward to CTA's, but after this weekend, I am very disappointment with the continued direction this game is taking. Though I didn't run near as many as you, probably only 80 runs, I too ended up with NO PET. In fact the dev's pissed on the players so much so that rank 3 was the common reward and even rank 5's were very rare rewards.

This is the kind of thing that reduces a game population because people get tired of wasting a weekend for nothing. At least the previous CTA's I've managed to get 1-4 pets.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    xelliz wrote: »
    I agree wholeheartedly. I am normally looking forward to CTA's, but after this weekend, I am very disappointment with the continued direction this game is taking.

I totally agree , not only does the drop rate of the companion appear to have been nerfed but the medallion and enchantment drops are probably half or less than they were before , cryptic are literally taking every possible way to farm out of the game .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • telnightstelnights Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    A group of 4 of us did over 400 combined and not one shaman or Curio drop.
  • nevawinnanevawinna Member Posts: 422 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Event ended, got thousands of medallions but never got a companion or curio. Same <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> as last CTA. Might as well not bother next time, just a colossal waste of time.