test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140528a.9

Comments

• ganjahero91ganjahero91 Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    razzthom wrote: »
    So many complaints, so few ideas to fix the issue. Everyone is calling for the Devs to do a better job, even though the chickens crowing the loudest have NO FREAKIN IDEA how to do what the Devs do.

Yes we all hate the coal ward change, but if zones are unplayable due to audio bugs (or anything else for that matter), then a hot-fix seems not just appropriate, but also necessary.

Stop crying that they haven't fixed your complaint and be happy that they are at least quickly addressing game breaking issues.
    THese are game breaking issues? Have you played pvp? The entire pvp community has been complaining about roar since mod 3 started and I haven't heard anything about a fix except unofficially but apparently a chicken and audio bug is such a game breaking issue.
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • bhindi1224bhindi1224 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So many complaints, so few ideas to fix the issue. Everyone is calling for the Devs to do a better job, even though the chickens crowing the loudest have NO FREAKIN IDEA how to do what the Devs do.

Yes we all hate the coal ward change, but if zones are unplayable due to audio bugs (or anything else for that matter), then a hot-fix seems not just appropriate, but also necessary.

Stop crying that they haven't fixed your complaint and be happy that they are at least quickly addressing game breaking issues.

I shouldn't need to understand what the developers do in order for them to fix it. Many people have payed them plenty to get it right. I don't need to understand how to write an antivirus program to expect it to work, and I don't need to understand how an engine works to expect my mechanic to be able to fix it. I assume the developers know their job well enough to fix the issues without needing any of us to tell them how to do it.

Something else worth mentioning is that a few of the people "crying" on here are in fact "crying" about game breaking issues.
  • chaoscourtesanchaoscourtesan Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Let me guess, BOTs at invoking place in Protectors Enclave?

Yep. Scripto-bots.
    Rhyon Cawdorian GWF | Opa Loka TR | Cormac Argentus III DC | Annika Thornblade GF | Aerys Skydark HR | Bartin Findlor TR | Aellia Baalthrall CW | Lucan Hawkmoon CW | Opa Brahk GWF | Korzbyrk DC | Den Kruk GWF | Jherek Skarsin CW |
    Roland Mac Sheonin GF | Tarron Direheart SW |
  • kozi001kozi001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Then what power are Chicken's poultry power boosting?
  • razzthomrazzthom Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Yes, unplayable zones ARE gamebreaking. You don't see it because you are only concerned with one aspect of the game (AKA PvP). But for the numerous low level players trying to get started in the game, not being able to access an entire zone is game breaking. And yes, I PvP daily, so I am well aware of how obnoxious Roar is, but it is just that. An annoyance? sure. Broken overpowered ability, certainly. But it doesn't stop people from being able to PvP.
    edited June 2014
    Yes, unplayable zones ARE gamebreaking. You don't see it because you are only concerned with one aspect of the game (AKA PvP). But for the numerous low level players trying to get started in the game, not being able to access an entire zone is game breaking. And yes, I PvP daily, so I am well aware of how obnoxious Roar is, but it is just that. An annoyance? sure. Broken overpowered ability, certainly. But it doesn't stop people from being able to PvP.

What zones couldn't be accessed and quested in? Maybe I misunderstood that it was just a sound issue.

Edit: I also pvp maybe 2 hours a week and play almost exclusively PVE content. Any comments made by myself are just accumulated annoyances with bugged content/mechanics that have been reported on the test realm making it to Live and then treated like new problems. And as 'new' problems obviously require time to address. If something is bugged in test, and repeatedly reported in test, it should be fixed in test.
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    THese are game breaking issues? Have you played pvp? The entire pvp community has been complaining about roar since mod 3 started and I haven't heard anything about a fix except unofficially but apparently a chicken and audio bug is such a game breaking issue.
    The thing is Roar's always been that broken. ****, I can't even remember the first time I've seen it interrupting me in PvP >.>
    That's CD reduction that made it absolutely superior
    edited June 2014

Ok you may be right, im just so frustrated with the management/devs. Nothing but <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> has been released from pw after mod 3. Pure <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, I honestly feel like mod 3 shouldnt have even come out as early as it did. They are way in over their heads.
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    So, apparently, the consensus is that...

ONE (mid level) Encounter ability of ONE class (GWFs) is more an emergency than (at least) THREE unplayable ZONES.

Got it. Resume QQ.
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    Let me guess, BOTs at invoking place in Protectors Enclave?

/10 char
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • iamhewolfiamhewolf Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank Sylvanus! I had to mute the background sounds. Guh.
    edited June 2014
    bhindi1224 wrote: »
    What zones couldn't be accessed and quested in? Maybe I misunderstood that it was just a sound issue.

While true, no one was prevented from accessing/questing in the bugged zones, audio plays a large part in any game.

Go ahead and completely disable all your audio and go play around in IWD/PVP and see how important audio is tou after that.
    edited June 2014
    eldarth wrote: »

ONE (mid level) Encounter ability of ONE class (GWFs) is more an emergency than (at least) THREE unplayable ZONES.

Got it. Resume QQ.

I think the consensus here is that there are many more varied issues for many classes all over the game. These issues have been around for quite some time and aren't receiving enough attention. The Roar problem was one example that has been around for quite a while and hasn't been addressed. At some point this does become more important than 3 perfectly playable zones with sound issues. The jewel of Mod3, Kessel's Retreat had an identified problem with the requirements to get in before Mod3 was even released. That was in fact unplayable unless you got a drop from a heroic encounter that took some of us 18 in-game hours of farming to achieve. This problem was 'eventually' fixed well after the bug was reported on the test server.

I think the angst is being generated because disabling sound for a day or so while it gets fixed was a completely unreasonable request while playing with well publicized game-wide problems didn't even get so much as a mention in some cases was to be expected. I don't think people are angry that maintenance is happening to fix the aforementioned issues, it's just that NOTHING has been done to address the others.

Edit (Because apparently I'm too dumb to get it all in one post the first time): I agree that playing without sound is a pretty big inconvenience, but like someone said earlier it's just that, an inconvenience. I would hope we can all agree that it would be nice if they fixed ALL the bugs being reported before they released them to live.
    edited June 2014

Got it. Resume QQ.
    Its not just roar, the economy is like a stock market crash on this game and those three unplayable zones should have been fixed before. Like I said man its bad management, it probably isnt the devs. All these issues shouldnt have been overlooked when ur managing a popular mmorpg like Neverwinter. They aren't doing their job right now, this is just damage control, bad damage control at that.
    Dark Chocolate HR
  • l3g10nna1rel3g10nna1re Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Really another down time on my 2 days off..... nice

3rd day in a row is pushing it....
    edited June 2014
    While true, no one was prevented from accessing/questing in the bugged zones, audio plays a large part in any game.

Go ahead and completely disable all your audio and go play around in IWD/PVP and see how important audio is tou after that.

Pvp'ing against players with skills that ignore game mechanics is far more important than being able to hear in PVP.
  • dog706dog706 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Thank God for the audio fix. It started to get on my nerves!
  • matthiasthehun76matthiasthehun76 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,184 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Hi!

I was leveling a DC, when i heard the noises too, but first i thought it was an applaud from GMs for my super sexy :) half-elf DC- just kidding.

Got the Motherlode bug too.

But yes, i think there are even more important things to solve, even more groundbreaking things, like the drop rate for gloves in Icewind Dale, if i will never get to see one for 2 chars of mine, i won't spend AD on opening Kessell's Retreat or spend AD on the Forge progress, i get the boons and bye bye.

Yes many bugs or unwanted things, that players are taking advantage of, like the mentioned roar, perma stealth over eternity, premades dominating PVP...

I personally would find it would be ok, if Devs would say, we shut down the game for a few days, but fix all or many bugs and issues, but 3 shut downs in 2 days is a bit sad to see.
    The real honest man is honest from conviction of what is right, not from policy.
    Robert E. Lee

I only believe in statistics that I doctored myself.
    Winston Churchill

The human race is a herd. Here we are, unique, eternal aspects of consciousness with an infinity of potential, and we have allowed ourselves to become an unthinking, unquestioning blob of conformity and uniformity. A herd. Once we concede to the herd mentality, we can be controlled and directed by a tiny few. And we are.
    David Icke

edited June 2014
    I was leveling a DC, when i heard the noises too, but first i thought it was an applaud from GMs for my super sexy :) half-elf DC- just kidding.

So this is all your fault??!?!?!? Put on a shirt then and let us continue on.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Are you serious? You did maintenance two days in a row on a Friday night for audio issues and chicken augments? And still no roar fix?

That's not something that will require taking the servers down for a hotfix. They can (and would much rather, to lessen unnecessary downtime) patch that into a scheduled maintenance. Patience. They have already acknowledged that the skill is not WAI.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • relievedrelieved Member Posts: 1
    edited June 2014
    Hey, what`s wrong with the PATCHING? It often stuck. -.- Patched: 31.9%/77 mb. Received: 10.8mb - 31.9% . It continued receiving but no progress during Patched files . Please HELP!
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    relieved wrote: »
    Hey, what`s wrong with the PATCHING? It often stuck. -.- Patched: 31.9%/77 mb. Received: 10.8mb - 31.9% . It continued receiving but no progress during Patched files . Please HELP!

ya mine did the same, I just closed the client 2 times and restarted and it finally went through.. weird.
  • silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »

Bonding Runestone no longer triggers from the Chicken Augment companion powers.

Indeed, just what is that poultry power doing? Since you changed how the stone affects it, can we get better descriptions on the poultry power and what triggers the stone? Is it even worth leaving the stone on it?
  • theultimatefunkytheultimatefunky Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    that was bugging me so much last night
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • kield02kield02 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    i have a question, I install the game but when i open it just say "patching" but i dont see progress on the bar or Gb, Mg or what ever i need to download, that is normal?
  • daftmoos3daftmoos3 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Edit: Roar wouldn't be worth emergency maintenance unless it suddenly broke such that it instagibbed anything it hit (or stunned dragons). When it gets fixed/rebalanced/whatever, it'll go in a regular scheduled patch.

How many ppl need to leave the game altogether for this to become an "emergency"? Half of our guild has been on pvp standby for the past 2 weeks (the other half are GWFs ;) ) I know of many players going away because of this.
  • midnightfang93midnightfang93 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    kozi001 wrote: »
    Bonding Runestone no longer triggers from the Chicken Augment companion powers.

Indeed, just what is that poultry power doing? Since you changed how the stone affects it, can we get better descriptions on the poultry power and what triggers the stone? Is it even worth leaving the stone on it?

http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?p=8105531&viewfull=1#post8105531
  • bettarghbettargh Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    pls fix the lag, it ruins all the fun....all areas are unplayable from sharandar, to solo Dread ring instances, to pvp domination, to...to...to.... Come on!
    Azral Ironforge@ Guardian FIghter Level 70
    Norbir Hammerblow@Oathbound Paladin Level 70
  • trexslayer5trexslayer5 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I don't know whether it's the patch or my internet connection is really bad, I used to lack before the patch when I play CTA, but now it's even worst...I lag from time to time even in one of the places in the world map... T^T
    edited June 2014
    bettargh wrote: »
    pls fix the lag, it ruins all the fun....all areas are unplayable from sharandar, to solo Dread ring instances, to pvp domination, to...to...to.... Come on!
    I don't know whether it's the patch or my internet connection is really bad, I used to lack before the patch when I play CTA, but now it's even worst...I lag from time to time even in one of the places in the world map... T^T

What lag? I don't see any lag.

Someone from Africa was complaining about lag during combat when their "idle" latency was 200-250ms.
    Not surprising with 4-5x the packet traffic during combat.

What does your traceroute show?
This discussion has been closed.