test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Kill 1000 NPCs in Gauntgrym Pvp Task

dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
edited June 2014 in PvE Discussion
Does anyone think the amount that you have to kill for this task is way too much? Especially given the nature of the their spawning and despawning and their toughness.

Every other GG task I have either completed or nearing completion, but I'm at 150 of 1000 npcs for that task.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I wonder if you get credit for any NPC that you hit just once? If you're in a group attacking one of the riders, you hit him once then turn around to attack a miner which you do kill - do you get credit for two kills or just the one. If you get two, then I'd think this would help get to that magical 1K number much more quickly. Otherwise, add GG to the daily grind list.
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    lazaroth666lazaroth666 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,332 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I find it very boring, when I go to GG PvP all I want is to kill people and contest nodes, I don't want to stay in a specific node and kill adds that disappear in a couple of seconds when more players arrives. I prefer a quest like: Kill the **** Amusud x times or kill the npcs outside PvP GG by 100000 so we can do something while we are unable to join PvP.
    fkze9t.jpg
    ▄▀▄▀ Check out my blog for more information and cool videos: NWO-Battleground ▀▄▀▄
    Proud founder of the 'Primacy' alliance
  • Options
    dardovedardove Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    silence1x wrote: »
    I wonder if you get credit for any NPC that you hit just once? If you're in a group attacking one of the riders, you hit him once then turn around to attack a miner which you do kill - do you get credit for two kills or just the one. If you get two, then I'd think this would help get to that magical 1K number much more quickly. Otherwise, add GG to the daily grind list.

There are no riders in Gauntgrym PvP.

But yes, damaging an npc counts as long as it is killed before despawning.
  • Options
    barq3tbarq3t Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 165 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    would be great if killing mobs from first part of GG counted. its to hard to get into pvp (for delzouns at least) to waste time for killing monsters...
  • Options
    vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    One of my guildies told me that before m3 went live all adds killed during GG event counted on preview -_-
  • Options
    adamy2004adamy2004 Member Posts: 226 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    it is definatly not too high of an amount. i already have 7/10 GG tasks done
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    zhaofuozhaofuo Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 129 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    adamy2004 wrote: »

and which of the 3 do you have left. i assume the kill 1k NPC in GG is still not done. hence the thread.
  • Options
    edited May 2014

I am at 7/10 too. I have victories, triples, and npcs left to do. I'm at 57/75 for victories, 45/50 for triples, and only at 150/1000 for npcs. I will be working on it far after I completed most other pvp tasks.
  • Options
    xellizxelliz Member Posts: 955 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I agree that 1k kills is quite out of line with the rest of the tasks.
    Foundry - Fight Club? (nw-dluqbofu7)
    - JailBreak (in development)
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    It's unrealistic unless they count NPCs from Phase 1 and 3 along with 2. At this moment they do not and I'm already not counting on getting it unless they change it.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wrong NPCs, only the Fire Giant and Iron Golems are NPCs in GG PvP.
    silence1x wrote: »
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    zhaofuo wrote: »
    and which of the 3 do you have left. i assume the kill 1k NPC in GG is still not done. hence the thread.

http://i.imgur.com/MBIPKdp.jpg

I got 1K NPC's.
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    arcmoon99arcmoon99 Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited June 2014

Where's the pic? The link doesn't work.
    Arc, proud officer of Novus Ordo
    bannernwf_zps00ed5b05.jpg
    New to the game? Check out my build guide to give you an idea on how to set up your characters!
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    arcmoon99 wrote: »
    Where's the pic? The link doesn't work.

thats odd. this screenshot should work. http://i.imgur.com/MBIPKdp.jpg
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    frishterfrishter Member Posts: 3,522 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Agreed, it's the most ridiculous task. Generally you'd want to ignore them rather than kill them and in order to complete the quest you'd want your team to hold off from capping the 2 points that spawn the mobs. Very counter intuitive.
  • Options
    ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    I can't even get in Gaunt... I keep queing never enter and then its gone!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • Options
    bucklittlebucklittle Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Guys, at least they fixed double and triple kills.

And after trying out the campaign rings, I can say they aren't worth it. A lot of the people topping the leaderboards have but don't use them after trying as well.

About the only class that could use the rings would be DC wearing MH set, maybe. Ironically it's most difficult class to progress in the campaign on a DC.
  • Options
    edited June 2014
    the reason why you "never get into gauntlgrym" is because you are delzoun. the delzoun faction has far more players then the luskan so you never get queue's. luskan, however can queue at 15mins, 10mins, and 5 mins and get a pop within 30seconds
    Don't waste my time.
  • Options
    forumnamesarelamforumnamesarelam Member Posts: 126 Bounty Hunter
    edited June 2014
    bucklittle wrote: »
    Guys, at least they fixed double and triple kills.

And after trying out the campaign rings, I can say they aren't worth it. A lot of the people topping the leaderboards have but don't use them after trying as well.

About the only class that could use the rings would be DC wearing MH set, maybe. Ironically it's most difficult class to progress in the campaign on a DC.

Yeah, I'm going to completely disagree with this. These rings are super <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> good if you switch out some of your other gear. The hardest thing for most people to swallow is losing their 4 piece profound bonus to capitalize on this, but there are better combos out there that incorporate this jewellery.