test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.15.20140520a.5

Comments

• crimsonyoshi47crimsonyoshi47 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    chrcore wrote: »
    You need to vote with your wallet. It's simple. Don't log in and don't pony up the $.

Agreed, don't buy anything from them or they will think this is a good idea that worked, if no one buys anything and they see the zen market plummet, they WILL go back on it.

This is to make money, if it ends up costing them money, they won't do it, it really is that simple.
  • manttazzmanttazz Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, interesting changes abound.
    I was all set to go run my daily missions and get a little further along in the new IWD module, then I noticed there was no sell button on the WB anymore, I thought "Hmm that's odd, must be an oops, hope they fix it soon." Dropped by here to see if it was being discussed and lo and behold I find it is WAI. Wow, really?

I was also kind of excited to start my first GWF with the free character slot I received from buying Zen recently, knowing that c-wards will now be even more ridiculously expensive I think I'll put that on hold, maybe permanently.

This is kind of a last straw situation for me upon reading the rest of the patch notes. Having witnessed the skyrocketing of the AD/Zen market to stay level at the max of 500, being inconvenienced and coerced to buy more bags by not being able to sell to the WB anymore, being subjected to the blatant cash grab that is being perpetrated by having trade bar c-wards BOP. I find all of this very distressing, I don't play NW to get stressed out, I play to blow off steam and relax, it's not very relaxing to feel like you are getting urinated on by people you have given your money to.

Glad I just received Watch Dogs for my birthday, looks like I'll be spending a lot of the time I used to devote to NW there instead.
  • mischievemischieve Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow really this is really awful in terms of staying away from pay 2 win. This change about coal wards seems like nothing more than a cash grab from players...don't you bleed us for enough money devs? With this change you've earned the last ingame purchase you'll get from me, I shall not be giving you any more money.

It's time to find a new game whose developers aren't so blatantly dissmissive of the players.
  • iamcoverediamcovered Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Something like that, I blame the Box spammers, those guys that open 100 boxes at a time and get all the purples then sell them on the AH, they are also getting tons of Tradebars, buying Coal wards, and selling them also.....at least I think that was the intention behind this change....the reality of it is going to make the price for higher level enchants go through the roof and pretty much make it impossible for new players to compete in the end game without spending a lot of money in the Zen Market

WOW, what a shot in the foot for the game. I mean really, did you think that the game was driven buy the players or by the people that make these changes. Don't punish the players for what you have done in the past that make AD sellers, aftermarket sellers, yes the type that can get your account banned, for something that your patch forced the player base to do. If you really want to control the market, which it sounds like you do, then start by banning spammers and encourage the player base to do more dailies. By punishing the loyal player base for what your changes have forced people to do is wrong.

As for the artifact that has a low pick rate. There is a reason for that. It sucks, plain and simple. The other artifacts have a use to them in battle. Health this is great. AOE damage, AWSOME. or single target damage with a side of selling stuff before a battle with a 3 min cool down timer making it useless in the first 3 min of play. This was really short sighted. It doesn't take but 5 min to go to a vender and then vender stuff, and if push comes to shove players will toss stuff that they will not use/profit off of.

How about getting player feedback on proposed changes, before they happen. See what the player base wants or will tolerate weeks before putting it into a patch.
  • jjetcomaqqqjjetcomaqqq Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    vvv459 wrote: »
    You need 15 coals to make a perfect.

This isn't true at all. I used regular wards all the way till R9 enchants and it was still way way cheaper than using coals..
  • vvv459vvv459 Member Posts: 161 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    This isn't true at all. I used regular wards all the way till R9 enchants and it was still way way cheaper than using coals..

Only idiots use pwards in the making of weapon/armor enchants.
    What does a normal enchant have to do with anything? conversely, only <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> ever use coals there.
  • iamcoverediamcovered Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    How about weeklys that award these Coal Wards. or what if they were part of the drops off boss fights, or ... IDK maybe quest rewards with limits on them so they were not farmed. There are many different ways to handle this then to force people to pay to play. If the game could stand on its own, they would be charging a monthly fee. Hey, that is an Idea. For players who pay a monthly fee of 15$ they get 1-2 coal wards as a reward and could still do weeklies that reward coal wards. The only draw back with this is that Perfect World would then be required to do something about the lag. Ya, don't get me started about lag.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014

We aren't talking about the normal enchants, we are talking only about the weapon/armor effect enchants, they are always only a 1% chance no matter what level (even the starter shards only give 1% combine).
  • hav0clolhav0clol Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 147 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Content and Environment
    Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance.

So you recognise that this is the problem. I like that. But Motherlode still drops a ton of Raw Black Ice the moment the giant is killed. This then kills the draw distance. Before the patch this was the most likely Heroic Encounter to crash, and you haven't fixed this problem at all??
  • js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ''Let's make a pvp module, have a broken new pvp area and never fix it''

-Perfect world
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• panteleeleepanteleelee Member Posts: 289 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Plz guys fix critical errors and grafics crashes!!!
    And fix Open PVP Domi, bug still exists.............................

Taylor DC/DO & AC Buff/Debuff - Guild Gutbusters Brigade - PVE
    May the Torm of Understanding guide us!
  • henzo31plhenzo31pl Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cenyu.png

Thx for your help you did realy well to game economy. I hope you will continue changing this game to pay2win. continue this and more players say goodbye to neverwinter (sry for my english)
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Salvaging: Black Ice items will properly show how much Black Ice they award instead of showing "0 Rough Astral Diamonds".

I just tested this , it offered me 500 black ice for a black ice mainhand and 400 for black ice gloves , I'm assuming this is also broken?
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • freshourfreshour Member Posts: 623 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm sure someone else has said this, and I mean it with the utmost respect... YOU TOTALLLY ****ED THE ECONOMY. Good job idiots. Pay to Win players only stay around as long as there are FTP players to kill... no one is going to get 500k for a coal ward anymore when dungeons suck and the items don't sell. So in trying to make everyone buy coal wards from you at a super high outrageous Zen price that i'm sure no one buys with, you are going to ruin the game lol....

How are you guys that stupid?
  • psychaos999psychaos999 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    freshour wrote: »
    I'm sure someone else has said this, and I mean it with the utmost respect... YOU TOTALLLY ****ED THE ECONOMY. Good job idiots. Pay to Win players only stay around as long as there are FTP players to kill... no one is going to get 500k for a coal ward anymore when dungeons suck and the items don't sell. So in trying to make everyone buy coal wards from you at a super high outrageous Zen price that i'm sure no one buys with, you are going to ruin the game lol....

How are you guys that stupid?

I'm sure you know all this because you run your own game. Can I play it?
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    henzo31pl wrote: »
    cenyu.png

Thx for your help you did realy well to game economy. I hope you will continue changing this game to pay2win. continue this and more players say goodbye to neverwinter (sry for my english)

Wow , how the hell are new players even supposed to hope to compete now , this is quite possibly one of the most self destructive moves by a gaming company I have ever witnessed in almost 10 years of playing MMO games , I seriously hope they have some event that drops coal wards planned or some alternative method of getting them other than coffers .
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • yyrkoonstyphoonyyrkoonstyphoon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 231 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I seriously doubt they will have an event for coal wards. Again, if they want to get people to buy them off the zen market, drop them to 300 zen or 3 for 1000. If you do not believe me, run a sale on them and watch how many get purchased.

as a side, i received p-wards from most my 7 day boxes, which seems to indicate the drop rate was set back to the pre-mod2 drop rate of the 7 day box. so on 9 toons i received 1 coal and 6 p-wards, 2 perdots... so that is close to the old rate... hope this is not a one week anomaly.
  • ministerofchangeministerofchange Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Guardian Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    I just tested this , it offered me 500 black ice for a black ice mainhand and 400 for black ice gloves , I'm assuming this is also broken?

Nope, that is probably about right.
  • nwaurionnwaurion Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 39
    edited May 2014
    About the Black Ice Gear mannequins: They are still called "mannequin" for me. Thanks for the "slight" improvement.
  • spacejewspacejew Member Posts: 1,044 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Hey guys don't sweat these changes.

Cryptic and PWE have heard us and they have figured out the perfect fix for this mess. It's something everyone's been asking after for a long time!

Specifically, upping the price cap on Zen! Hooray!

/sarcasm

Seriously though, this will be their next step. I can virtually guarantee it. People will defend it too, but it'll be the people who hoarded zen like crazy who think it's a great thing. I do not regret the $10 I put into Neverwinter. I'd have put in more, but there isn't anything to actually buy that I want for five bucks.

There is no way in hell I will ever, ever purchase a Coal Ward for $10. Seriously, that will never happen. Ever. In the history of Forever. Zero chance. Not even joking.

Even if you consider the cost of a Coal ward as the 'subscription' cost of Neverwinter I'd need to play for over a year to get a Perfect. So screw you guys, I will play for free simply to spite you and load your servers down with one more non-paying customer.

Selling out to PWE was the end of the Cryptic I knew during City of Heroes, Champions, and Star Trek Online. I have played virtually every game you guys have made and loved each one. You guys have changed though, and I think we should start seeing other people.
    MoF/Thaum CW SS/Thaum CW IV/Protector GF SW/Combat HR SM/Destroyer GWF WK/Executioner TR DO/Faithful DC
  • mortelunesmortelunes Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know what cryptic wants with all this : open our mind to alternative entertainements.
  • mortelunesmortelunes Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I know want cryptic wants with all this : open our mind to alternative entertainements.
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    pre this change i was seeing a artifact or a mount pop up in admin mesages basicly once every min or 2, now.... its very very quite, they made alot off boxes im pretty sure theis change has already cost them quite a bit as the months go on that will only multiply, add to that new players coming in seeing that they need to invest 100$s for each char to get it even close to the vetrans gear amounts and the amount of lost capital goes thru the roof
  • archanarchistarchanarchist Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    most of there cash came from boxes probly more then all there Z-store sales combined, im sure there noticing the extreem dropoff in box revenues now that the box spamers arnt geting there main bread and butter reward out of them
  • silentraven72silentraven72 Member Posts: 115 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    iambecks1 wrote: »
    Wow , how the hell are new players even supposed to hope to compete now , this is quite possibly one of the most self destructive moves by a gaming company I have ever witnessed in almost 10 years of playing MMO games , I seriously hope they have some event that drops coal wards planned or some alternative method of getting them other than coffers .

Indeed. All this prompted me to watch a few short, interesting videos on youtube, made by Extra Credits. Maybe PWE/Cryptic should watch, too, and see that they may be heading down a path that isn't good for anyone. I like this game, but they are taking a good portion of the pleasure out of it.
  • eskevareskevar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Today I claim for 6 Celestial Points a "Dread Ring Pack".
    I like to have WHAT PWE have write on description so "30 thay scrolls and 3 Thay Code".
    Idk what/when they change it, i use my points and I've a screenshot what i read when i choose that reward.
    I want what I read because its what I choose so 3 books.
    Its not my fault that PWE dont change description text when apply a change in reward: if PWE is a serious company that take the responsibility for mistake that make the PWE employees.

I want to add too that if we cant sell all green stuff that we drop in quests or around the world because we have now limited space in inventory, better that they remove all lv 60 green stuff: its only useless junk now. At least we can concentrate on blu/purple stuff instead.
  • jiffystrikejiffystrike Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status.

Just throwing my 2cents into the ring. Bad move with the BoP Tarm Coals. One of my main incentives to buy keys is no longer available to me.

btw all, they still come out of Coffer of Enchantments and Coffer of Runestones (uncommon boxes out of Nightmare Boxes) fairly regularly. Still sucks though.
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Fortunately there is a good side. Now as number of players is reduced, lag is also almost gone. It is so nice to play without lag, even without wards :)
    Actually playing without lag seems to increase my DPS by more that any pervect vorpal would :)
  • yohsouyohsou Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    Any word on when male GWF swords will align correctly to the body instead of slashing through them?
  • dresmith37dresmith37 Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited June 2014
    It's so great that you fixed the building across from the bank so that toons can't get on top of it.. That was a HUGE issue. Now with that experience under your belt, you might try the bugs like healing potions not working when you use them, classes that have been nerfed into uselessness, etc.

#priorities

Character

Hat of the Pirate Host no longer removes a characters hair.
    Reduced clipping issues on many male Devoted Cleric helmets for both Dwarves and Half-Orcs.

Content and Environment

Artifact Recovery: Adjusted the position of some of the encounters on the outside portion of this quest.
    Caer-Konig: The Black Ice gear mannequins now slightly better names to tell what set they are from.
    Dread Vault and Spellplague Cavern final bosses drop a single item instead of multiple.

Heroic Encounters: Removed all loot drops except Black Ice Enchantments for Epic and Major Heroic Encounters. Final rewards on them will gain an additional 30 Raw Black Ice. This is to help with entity draw limits and performance.

Icewind Dale: Instance completion perk is no longer looking for Dread Ring missions. It now completes properly on Biggrin's Rest and Need for Mead.

Icewind Dale: Instruments of Vengeance: Golem activation credit now given while in a party.
    Icewind Dale: Some heroic encounters will no longer give participation to players who may not have actually participated under some situations.

Icewind Pass: A Grim Warning no longer has a helmet that can be reclaimed multiple times in a row.
    Protector's Enclave: Pardon our dust elementals while we undergo some renovation of the Grand Emporium.

Enemies

Icewind Dale: Adventurers have had their names and groups adjusted to be more clear what side they are on.

Gateway

Fixed a text color issue that could cause some text to not be visible, such as some Zen Market item descriptions.

Inventory now lists Black Ice, Raw Black Ice and Companion Upgrade Tokens in the Riches section.

Items and Economy

Artifact: Shard of Valindra's Crown can no longer be interrupted once activated.

Artifact: Black Ice Beholder artifact now has its cooldown properly reduced on higher qualities.

Frozen Crystal Lockbox: The amount of tokens that come from the Companion Fortification Kit is now 30 up from 1.

Invocation: Cache of Dread Ring Treasures: Now only gives 1 Thayan Cipher, down from 3.

PVP Artifact Packs are now correctly bind on pickup.

Skirmishes: Completing a skirmish during the bonus event hour consistently rewards Rough Astral Diamonds again.

Tarmalune Tradebar Merchant: Coalescent and Preservation wards sold by the Trade Bar merchant are now Bind on Account. This change is not retroactive. Existing wards will retain their current bind status.

The amount of Black Ice awarded from the Black Ice Domination PvP Heroic Encounter has been increased.

User Interface

Leaderboards now only look at Domination kills, deaths and assists instead of from anywhere such as Open PvP.

Purchasing additional character slots from the character select window now works properly without needing to reopen the game client.

Salvaging: Black Ice items will properly show how much Black Ice they award instead of showing "0 Rough Astral Diamonds".

The Wondrous Bazaar no longer accepts adventurers selling items. Gateway will still allow this from the Inventory window at any time.

Known Issue

Black Ice gear resistance may not properly update until changing maps. Additionally, it is possible to queue for Kessel’s Retreat and be removed from the queue if you die.
This discussion has been closed.