test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Neverwinter Scheduled Maintenance- 5/29 6 AM PDT (Pacific) (Completed)

dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
edited May 2014 in General Discussion (PC)
Hey all,

As some of you might know, there will Arc maintenance tomorrow that will coincide with our usually scheduled maintenance. Because of this we'll be performing maintenance tomorrow 5/29 at 6 am PDT (Pacific). The estimated downtime is 4 hours, but may be extended due to unforeseen circumstances.

The extended downtime is due to the Arc maintenance, but we will also be checking a few things on the account server side as well.

Patch notes can be found here: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?678011-Patch-Notes-NW-15-20140520a-5&p=8032581#post8032581

When is maintenance for you? Click here to find out.

We'll keep everyone updated here and hopefully the maintenance will run smoothly.

Thanks,

Dwight

Update 1 (6:04 AM PDT) Maintenance has begun. Patch notes have been added to this thread.
Update 2 (7:23 AM PDT) So far so good. Maintenance is progressing as planned. No change to the downtime but we'll let you know if anything changes.
Update 3 (8:21 AM PDT) Neverwinter maintenance is ongoing, still looking at about an hour and a half of downtime, assuming everything goes to plan. We'll update you if things change.
Update 4 (8:58 AM PDT) Doing some final checks. Could be back sooner than expected if everything goes well.
Update 5 (9:30 AM PDT) Looks like it might be a bit longer. If it looks like we'll have to keep the servers down for longer than the expected downtime we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience.
Update 6 (9:50 AM PDT) Maintenance has completed. Welcome back to Neverwinter!
Post edited by dwightmc on

Comments

• js3bjs3b Member Posts: 368 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Please, just please, fix those broken Black ice domination... :(
    Founder back a week ago, already pissed by cryptic ''no roll back'' decision

• lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    There has been tons of maints and shutdowns-reboots lately
  • ohogohog Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Great idea to do the maintenance in the afternoon of a bank holiday in Germany...
  • shinslithershinslither Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ohog wrote: »
    Great idea to do the maintenance in the afternoon of a bank holiday in Germany...

This is not something they take into account, they do maintenance at this time EVERY THURSDAY, EVERY WEEK. The only thing I can foresee that MAY make them not do their weekly maintenance at this time is if some major holiday occurs in the United States, where the game is based. I've seen these same comments on a multitude of games over the years where people from a variety of countries that have bank holidays or other holidays seem to think that online games should have a list somewhere of all the worlds holidays and schedule their maintenance to suit each country's needs.

-Shin
  • cayappcayapp Member Posts: 826 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    This is not something they take into account, they do maintenance at this time EVERY THURSDAY, EVERY WEEK. The only thing I can foresee that MAY make them not do their weekly maintenance at this time is if some major holiday occurs in the United States, where the game is based. I've seen these same comments on a multitude of games over the years where people from a variety of countries that have bank holidays or other holidays seem to think that online games should have a list somewhere of all the worlds holidays and schedule their maintenance to suit each country's needs.

-Shin

LOL everyday is a holiday somewhere.
  • rcjackrcjack Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    cayapp wrote: »
    LOL everyday is a holiday somewhere.

4:20 is obsolete now
    "-Wake up! You have to go to school!
    -Meh, it's gotta be a holiday somewhere"
  • dwightmcdwightmc Member Posts: 95
    edited May 2014
    ohog wrote: »

Yeah sorry about that. We were trying to make sure we can perform maintenance for both arcgames and NW at a time that would work for other PWE/Cryptic games as well. Unfortunately the timing might not work for everyone.
  • korpivaelluskorpivaellus Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Yeah sorry about that. We were trying to make sure we can perform maintenance for both arcgames and NW at a time that would work for other PWE/Cryptic games as well. Unfortunately the timing might not work for everyone.

Yeah,F**k rest of world only US matters.
  • zsburatorulzsburatorul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    There has been tons of maints and shutdowns-reboots lately

this is getting really freaking frustrating... i come home wanting to wind down a bit and the game is offline a lot more often than it used to be... i am really considering giving it up!
  • zsburatorulzsburatorul Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014

this is what we get since there is only one server in the US... we, here in europe, don't really count for them! soon i am going back to paying to blizzard, at least they have european server.
  • mistressphoenixmistressphoenix Member Posts: 369 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Maintenance has always been Thursdays around this time. If you are just now noticing, then you don't play at this time of day on this day of the week often enough to matter in their calculations.
  • fcnirimfcnirim Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Well, ignore the negative posts and do things the best way you know. There will always be someone complaining about the decisions you make, which is something I'm sure you are well aware of.
    Patch notes look promising, cannot wait to play when the servers come back online.
    Cheers!
  • sunnie2sunnie2 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    this is what we get since there is only one server in the US... we, here in europe, don't really count for them! soon i am going back to paying to blizzard, at least they have european server.

Well, since the studio and the servers are located in the USA, I would think that maintenance schedules would be dependent upon personnel in the USA that need to perform said maintenance. It's way too costly to keep personnel on staff to do this work during off hours, and Cryptic is no way any different than any other publisher/studio.

Oh, and if you really want to go back to WoW, don't let the door hit you on the way out, will just mean less lag for everyone else.
  • alir407alir407 Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    God. Guys: If you're not gonna say anything nice, don't say anything at all!
    edited May 2014
    Monday of this week was a holiday in the USA as well as a multitude of other countries. Tuesday was a holiday in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Cambodia and Ethiopia. Wednesday was a Holiday in Nepal and Nigeria. Thursday is a holiday in about 20 countries and Friday is a holiday in about 6 or so. Bottom line is you were going to tick off someone somewhere. Actually, looking at the list I currently have...there might be ONE day in June to do maintenance without getting someone angry.

Seriously. Maintenance is EVERY THURSDAY. There have been a couple of exceptions but as a general rule if you want to play on Thursday you're gonna get hosed if you play during maintenance time, no way around it.

-Shin
  • mattfox1987mattfox1987 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey guys, im new to this, as in only started playing 2 days ago, maintenance is a good thing, but im just wondering if anyone knows how long it will be till it is back online? it is 17:40 here in the uk,

Thanks
    Matt
  • mystagoguemystagogue Member Posts: 322 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    If they hold to the scheduled downtime, the four hours would be up in 17 minutes or so.
  • onecoolscatcatonecoolscatcat Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 575 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    check the first post. Dwight does an excellent job keeping the community updated.
  • infinitesixinfinitesix Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hey guys, im new to this, as in only started playing 2 days ago, maintenance is a good thing, but im just wondering if anyone knows how long it will be till it is back online? it is 17:40 here in the uk,

Thanks
    Matt
    You're an idiot
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014

Thanks
    Matt

Should be within the hour ,it was due to end at 6pm uk time but they have said it may have to be extended , check out the first post in this thread for updates.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • ang3likeang3like Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2014
    sunnie2 wrote: »
    Well, since the studio and the servers are located in the USA, I would think that maintenance schedules would be dependent upon personnel in the USA that need to perform said maintenance. It's way too costly to keep personnel on staff to do this work during off hours, and Cryptic is no way any different than any other publisher/studio.

You think they actually have staff for the server its hosted they only upload patches like all MMO's
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    You're an idiot

You're rude as hell.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • djarkaandjarkaan Member Posts: 883 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Update 5 (9:30 AM PDT) Looks like it might be a bit longer. If it looks like we'll have to keep the servers down for longer than the expected downtime we'll let you know. Thanks for your patience.

Looks like the Pirate hat is still clipping off hair. It's been almost a year a few more minutes shouldn't be that bad to wait.
  • iambecks1iambecks1 Member Posts: 4,044 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You're an idiot

There's only one idiot on this thread and it most certainly isn't the guy you quoted , if you need a hint on who it is look in a reflective surface.
    YourSecretsAreOurSecrets.gif
  • mattfox1987mattfox1987 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Thanks guys,
    Well to everyone except the person who called me an idiot for what I thought was a valid question..
  • ang3likeang3like Member, Neverwinter Knight of the Feywild Users Posts: 2
    edited May 2014

Thanks
    Matt

Its minus 8 hours for PDT V GMT
    edited May 2014
    The game is back up, stop reading and go play people!!!

-Shin
  • vorticanvortican Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And oh gee, look at that, coalescent wards on Auction House for 417k... who would have ever thought?!
  • lassebierstroemlassebierstroem Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Guys, the problem arent the server downtimes. We can arrange with it. The thing people from europe and asian are really upset about are Pings about 150 to 250 and more. I am from europe, mostly i have no problems with PVE content. Sometimes it get on my nerfes when i get hit because of bad pings but i can deal with it. In PVP content, US Americans have got a big advantage and this is really bad for all others...

I know the advantages and disadvantages of having world wide servers and local servers, but you guys from US really should know how we have to suffer from these bad pings.