test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Banished from dungeons for being a GWF?

sternerrsternerr Member Posts: 88 Arc User
edited May 2014 in The Militia Barracks
Let me say first when I made a GWF I was perfectly aware that it's the most popular class and I'm condemning myself to long queue times. So I pick a dungeon from finder and start doing sharandar dailies waiting for popup to happen. However it doesn't appear while I do dailies, it doesn't appear when I finish sharandar lair, it doesn't appear 10 minutes after and it doesn't appear when I spam "Epic idris anyone?" in LFG channel in city for 20 minutes. Meanwhile my GF alt gets a pass within seconds after joining the queue.

So what should I do with a PVE character which can't do the dungeons? Grind sharandar dailies until Malabog gives up and actually leaves it for real?
Post edited by sternerr on

Comments

• Options
    tinukedatinukeda Member Posts: 499 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Misleading title is misleading.

Had no problem PUG'ing all T1's with my GWF.
    Also, have you tried joining a guild?
  • Options
    alphablaze22alphablaze22 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    sternerr wrote: »
    Let me say first when I made a GWF I was perfectly aware that it's the most popular class and I'm condemning myself to long queue times. So I pick a dungeon from finder and start doing sharandar dailies waiting for popup to happen. However it doesn't appear while I do dailies, it doesn't appear when I finish sharandar lair, it doesn't appear 10 minutes after and it doesn't appear when I spam "Epic idris anyone?" in LFG channel in city for 20 minutes. Meanwhile my GF alt gets a pass within seconds after joining the queue.

So what should I do with a PVE character which can't do the dungeons? Grind sharandar dailies until Malabog gives up and actually leaves it for real?

I have a level 60 GWF and I have 0 problem finding a group anywhere.
  • Options
    suddenlyslowsuddenlyslow Member Posts: 818 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Aye title is a bit misleading. Banished is what happens when a TR enters a dungeon and the party notices.

Regarding your situation, I am not sure how they matchmaker looks at things always as sometimes it seems to be picky about what class is included with a group slot and other times it doesn't seem as picky.
  • Options
    iuliandreiiuliandrei Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 143 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    The problem is the que system, it requires at least 1 GF in every group to start the dungeon and people generally don't play this class cause it's completely useless.

I missed DD last 2 days while waiting full 1 hr in que on my CW, they should make something to remove this GF requirement from the grouping tool.
  • Options
    bioshrikebioshrike Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,729 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    OP: Check out the NW_Legit_Community custom chat channel, or try forming your own team.
    <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::::)xxxo <::::::::::::)xxxxxxxx(:::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::> oxxx(::::::::::::::>
    "Is it better to be feared or respected? I say, is it too much to ask for both?" -Tony Stark
    Official NW_Legit_Community Forums
  • Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Welcome to the world of being an HR :p
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    I guess I could get into popular farming dungeons like pirate king with less problems, but I don't want to run the same dungeon over and over for purple pixels, I want to do different content for fun. And the problem seems to be that the general population of the game is too low to support this type of play anymore.
    bioshrike wrote: »
    OP: Check out the NW_Legit_Community custom chat channel, or try forming your own team.

I'm glad that someone is trying to do something legit in this glitchfest, but how this will help me to find a group if a much larger portion population is just not enough to generate a group for that dungeon? Besides, bugs will happen no matter what and sometimes I wish there would be an expert exploiter for a case like when mob gets stuck in a wall, becomes invincible and prevents anyone from pulling the lever and progressing.

I tried assembling my own group, but the LFG channel seems to be claimed by farmers as their own and people who are not l337 enough for doing "VT 2/2" and "FH fast greed" 24/7 just dont bother looking there.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Generally speaking, if a mob gets stuck in a floor or a wall you can retreat back to where it can't attack you and eventually it will snap to your position. This has worked in the Garrunder the Vile skirmish, that one berserker that can bug a gate in Spell and countless times in lairs and adventure zone maps. Alternately, you can usually reset it by wiping.

For the most part, the Legit channel doesn't ask for GS (and will often chide people for stating it) and while a lot of farming parties get formed, people are often willing to help out someone trying to gear up.

Back to the OP, it can be tough getting a group for a t1 at times in chat because people don't tend to run them a lot. It's best to either get a guild to help you gear up or if you go the Legit channel route, to start early. However the recent launch of IWD has lessened the number of groups forming as people are working on other things.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    naicalusnaicalus Member Posts: 645 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The reason your GF queues instantly is because the game takes them above all other classes when pulling people from the queue. They have highest priority for some reason, even over a DC:

Order of queue priority:
    Guardian Fighter, required.
    Devoted Cleric, required.
    All other classes, no more than two of each.

So you will always have in a dungeon queue group a GF, a DC, and three DPS classes. Groups formed in advance get around this; you can form a group of 5 GWFs if you like and queue into dungeons with it. However if one leaves the party there's only one option you have available - The queue will only let in a Guardian Fighter. If two drop you'll get a GF first and then eventually once you get that a DC, and a third dropped will get you after the GF and DC come either a CW, TR, or HR.

And that's why your GF queues faster, almost instantly. Very few people play GFs, something like 11% of the population if I remember right, and currently they aren't very good and aren't needed for... Basically every dungeon. But, the queue requires them before all other classes for dungeons and so they pull in almost instantly.

GWF on the other hand, you're competing with not only all GWFs in queue but all CW, HR and TR in queue for three spots per dungeon run.

Skirmishes and PvP do not have the GF/DC restriction and so everyone loads into them much faster.

I suggest trying the NW_Legit_community channel; they're usually fairly busy and willing to help newcomers. Granted right now it's a bit slow because of Mod 3's release and double GG, people have been running that for DK a lot. But still, doesn't hurt to try and we're (usually) more friendly than LFG/Zone and won't insist you have 18k GS to run normal Cloak Tower. ;)
    Largely inactive, playing Skyforge as Nai Calus.
  • Options
    edited May 2014
    Wow, thanks for explaining. So instead of making GF actually useful, they give him queue privileges? Brilliant.

I'll try legit channel perhaps, but I don't play to "gear up", I rather stay for hilarity which happens when a group of not really good players try doing geniunely difficult dungeon like epic dragon. Guess I'm just 10 years late for demands like that :(
  • Options
    sugarliessugarlies Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 99
    edited May 2014
    I was just thinking about this the other day.
    GF, needed for randoms but mostly useless.
    A CW or GWF, highly useful but not getting into queues.

So basically I can't advance on any of my characters in this game.

I am at 10-11k GS on DPS-es and people want better to allow me to join them. I am not social enough to do my own chat spam for players. In all the dungeons I have done I have had really bad luck, all tier 1 dungeon chests have given me blues and people only join for greed runs on which I never win anything.
  • Options
    frozenprophetfrozenprophet Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You don't need to be social to use LFG. Just write:
    /lfg XXk GS <Class> LF <Dungeon of interest> <enchant/stone if you have them>
    Press up in chat to have the message rewritten, spam until you get an invite.
  • Options
    khatzhaskhatzhas Member Posts: 268 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    sternerr wrote: »
    Wow, thanks for explaining. So instead of making GF actually useful, they give him queue privileges? Brilliant.
    The queue system is set up to try to provide a "tank" a "healer" and 3 DPS.
    People don't like playing tanks and healers because they aren't as good for soloing and such. So many more than 3/5 people want to play DPS characters. As a DPS character, you're queuing in the most popular category so you're stuck until enough GFs queue to be assigned to one, or until the system times out and puts you in a group without one.
    You don't need to be social to use LFG. Just write:
    /lfg XXk GS <Class> LF <Dungeon of interest> <enchant/stone if you have them>
    Press up in chat to have the message rewritten, spam until you get an invite.
    Thats . . . a pretty good way to get on ignore lists and lose ability to use chat for a while.
  • Options
    omgnicktakenomgnicktaken Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    khatzhas wrote: »
    Thats . . . a pretty good way to get on ignore lists and lose ability to use chat for a while.

You don't do it like 10 times in 2 seconds.. you shout.. wait a bit (depending on how fast the wall of text is flowing) and then hit again. The point is to keep your advert reasonably well noticeable.. spamming 10 times in a row and getting muted isn't really the best way of doing that.