test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

so low gs cant pvp anymore?

lemonchilllemonchill Member Posts: 523 Arc User
edited May 2014 in PvE Discussion
made a new character reached lvl 60 a few days ago.
8k gs went pvp
while we in the game i get a msg from 1 of my teammates:"why u come here with such low gs"?

for real?
r u serious?!
i have the right to play pvp just as any other "god mode 14k gs"!
i do my best to try to help party, besides everybody started from low gs so now we low gs guys cant pvp???

u want high gs go q with your guild or make a pvp party
if u q u pug and thats what u get!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• mehguy138mehguy138 Member Posts: 1,803 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    ^Such people make me wanna troll PvP as completely naked character just to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> everyone off. Seriously, how can anyone but a bot has 8k GS? Epics and R5s are dirty cheap, reaching at least 10k GS is dead easy. This is why I'd like to see GS based matchmaking.
    M6 almost drains your soul given how boring it is. (c) joocycuzzzzzz
  • rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lets say even 12k
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    mehguy138 wrote: »
    ^Such people make me wanna troll PvP as completely naked character just to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> everyone off. Seriously, how can anyone but a bot has 8k GS? Epics and R5s are dirty cheap, reaching at least 10k GS is dead easy. This is why I'd like to see GS based matchmaking.

It is a fair question, when there are tons of "salvage value" purples, and it's easy to pick up two free artifacts.
  • mrfellasmrfellas Member Posts: 4
    edited May 2014
    Yes, you can PvP at 8k GS.Should you be allowed to? Absolutely not.

Why would anyone in their right mind want to PvP with/against someone who can't even survive half a rotation?I PvP for the fun of it and 2 shotting useless characters like yours is NOT fun(maybe the first time because big numbers are funny then it gets <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>).Don't even get me started on how *usefull* as a teammate you are.
  • wimpazoidwimpazoid Member Posts: 504 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've seen pugs go into lvl 60 PVP with as low as 7k GS and start farming for the bloodraven skull artifact.

I can only advise it's counterproductive, mainly because you will be farmed instead of farming. And it takes you many more matches and a longer time to get the artifact.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    I don't have a problem with low gs people as long as they do everything they can to gear up as much as possible.

If you haven't at least bought lvl 60 blues (these go for about 100 AD each), then no, you're not allowed to pvp. Also, get a shirt and pants (seen many people with the starter shirt and pants you get at level 1). This should put you around 9 or 10k gs depending on your class (maybe even higher for some classes).

But please don't just hop into pvp right when you hit 60. It's just going to hurt. I had a guy in a match today with a level 46 main hand (green too). I just don't know what people expect going into a match or how the heck they even got to 60 without upgrading their main hand from level 46! However I noticed after ragging on him during the match and seeing him in PE afterwards, he was busy buying a new mainhand and soon got himself an epic lvl 60 mainhand. Good for him! Bad for me that I had to be with him before he bothered to upgrade!

I'll never forget the guy that was using the epic ring from the lvl 60 "learn how to salvage" quest, which has no stats at all on it! I don't think anything could beat that, although I was tempted to make a thread about the most ridiculous gear you've seen in pvp.

But basically, yes, everyone started out low. If you do the best you can to gear up, then you may pvp. You need to spend at least a little time beforehand though at the AH looking over what would be the best blues or epics you can buy, and you may need to try to earn a little AD to get those items (try to get lvl 55 blue shirt/pants at least for example).

Luckily lvl 60 blues are still dirt cheap, because the price of everything else has gone through the roof and I wonder really how new players are going to get decent gear/enchantments.
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • benskix2benskix2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 674 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    You have to basically not even be trying to get an 8k gs. Sure you can PVP and do whatever else you are allowed to queue for with that score, but it just shows other people that you aren't really trying and haven't invested any money or much time into the game. Even if you do your best to try and help your party you probably won't be able to. Not just because of the gear imbalance, if your gs is 8k you simply don't have enough experience to kill anyone who plays PVP regularly, and if you can't kill anyone and aren't a DC then you are going to be dead weight following other people around and leeching cap bonus's, which makes PVP people mad when they start to lose and see that people aren't contesting the other points.

But we all have to start somewhere, and there is only one PVP bracket, so you will just have to deal with upset teammates from time to time until you get some gear and some experience. Just try not to take it personally, ignore them and just keep running to whatever red point no one else is standing on and by the end of the match they might appreciate your contribution.
  • lisaxxiilisaxxii Member Posts: 207 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    You need to put in a little effort on your part.

Would you try and go an epic instance with no gear?

You're being lazy and expecting people to carry you. That's not how Life works, and it's not how MMOs work. If you cannot contribute to a group (PvP or PvE) than expect people to get mad at you. It's a very inconsiderate thing to do.
    Enemy Team
  • vasdamasvasdamas Member Posts: 2,461 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I don't usually give a **** about low GS pugs in my party but when I do those think that everyone around them is a pest. >.>

And yes, as lisaxxii's already said you need to earn something first so the people start treating you in an another way. Besides that t1 pvp set isn't really expensive on AH...
  • kattefjaeskattefjaes Neverwinter Beta Users, Neverwinter Hero Users Posts: 2,270 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    vasdamas wrote: »
    And yes, as lisaxxii's already said you need to earn something first so the people start treating you in an another way. Besides that t1 pvp set isn't really expensive on AH...

Heck, if you can't afford that, then at least some "salvage value" purples will give you a chance to take the odd target down before you die, if paired with the two easy free artifacts and a bunch of cheap R5s. That will make things a lot less frustrating.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited May 2014
    Moderator Notice:
    . . . I've cleansed this thread a bit. Folks, if you cannot give advice or post comments and opinions or feedback without slinging insults, then do not post on our forums. Do not reply to this Moderator Notice, instead contact us via Private Message to discuss moderation. Thanks to all those who are providing substantial advice and respectful feedback! Much appreciated!
  • demidogzdemidogz Member Posts: 259 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Just play and enjoy if you like it, who cares what's your GS.

It's a game, have fun.
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    demidogz wrote: »
    Just play and enjoy if you like it, who cares what's your GS.

It's a game, have fun.

Great attitude. Look forward to meet you in PVP.
  • slushlikewindslushlikewind Member Posts: 272 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    If you are playing well then I doubt your teammate would msg you and ask why you so low gs.

Or maybe your teammate is just trying to find someone to blame.

But still, even going to PVP has no gear score requirement it doesn't mean you can or should come PVP with 8K gs.

It is the same thing why they put a 9.3k gs requirement on CN, why would you even go if you have lower then that? You gonna drag your team down and just cause endless wipe even if you finish the dungeon you simply get carried by your team, and no one sign up for this game so they can carry people who pay almost 0 effort.

So OP go get yourself some epic and rank 5s. You will have a better gaming experience since your toon will be more competitive, and your team would have a better gaming experience since they don't have to carry you. If you can't do that then you should be ready for all incoming insults from teammate since no one like lazy people, it works in MMO and in real life as well.
  • ripyourlipsoffripyourlipsoff Member Posts: 1,552 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I hit a hr with 2 hits with my GF and they died, I felt so powerful lmao!!!
    Shieldbash 60 GF ~ Iron Vanguard 19.0k
    Overpowered 60 CW ~ Thaumaturge 14.5k
    ==========================================

~ GF Buffs were great we are much better, please fix the bugs now... Thank you!
  • lewel555lewel555 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My lvl 60 perma has not even 3k gs. All white gear. Well she keeps one or two red ppl busy at the red b1. Never kills anything of course. Would certainly not perform muck better with 10k more gs.
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I figure the guy was confrontational in saying that.
    I never say anything to anybody unless they are being rude or unfair/cheating.

However, when in a party situation I feel an obligation to contribute toward success.

That means having gear enough to at least begin to be competitive before jumping into PvP.
    It means bringing enough heal pots to last through a Dungeon you are running.
    Etc, etc.

It's not fair to expect anyone to have gear that requires grinding or drops or Glory, but it is fair to expect people to have the things that are so cheap you can get them with a few Dailies worth of AD or with pocket change, like pots, kits and basic gear.

Remember, 4 others want to win and 5 -vs- 4 usually precludes that option.
    At 8k in 60 PvP you are probably so squishy as to not count toward anything except adding to the enemy kill count.

Take a few play sessions in Dread and grab a few thingies to make your whatnots more moar.
    Run a few dailies like skirmishes and founderies and use that AD to get some rank 5s or 6s.

By the middle of the week with short game sessions you could ad 20-30% to your GS without breaking a sweat.
  • jazzfongjazzfong Member Posts: 1,079 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    What we looking at is not gs, but is the "effective gs". Perma as long as you have sufficient recovery and INT, you will have no problem in playing. DC as long as your def/deflect/regen/hp is high enough, we do not ask you why you only have 1.4k power and 0 crit. Ppl asked for the effective gs on you, not the bloated gs which contributes nothing to your team. For example, if i have 10k gs as a cleric, but i have arp and lifesteal for a total of 4k gs, then i am actually a 6k cleric. This is also why some blue gear cost very expensive and ppl pick them instead of other epic items. You can pvp in low gs, but if i found out you are the one not contributing or die in half rotation, i will burst my anger on you. BECAUSE YOU RUIN THE MATCH!!!
  • yarknarfyarknarf Member Posts: 141 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lewel555 wrote: »
    My lvl 60 perma has not even 3k gs. All white gear. Well she keeps one or two red ppl busy at the red b1. Never kills anything of course. Would certainly not perform muck better with 10k more gs.

Just curious why that is?

Is it a roll play thing? For the challenge?

Obviously, you have vendored green and blue gear superior to what you wear while leveling.
    Why not don it?

Also...

How do you get your recovery high enough at 3k GS to be a "perma"?

Seems like you'd be a "Mostly Stealth" build or even a "Sometimes Stealth" build
  • rashylewizzrashylewizz Member Posts: 4,265 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    lisaxxii wrote: »
    You need to put in a little effort on your part.

Would you try and go an epic instance with no gear?

You're being lazy and expecting people to carry you. That's not how Life works, and it's not how MMOs work. If you cannot contribute to a group (PvP or PvE) than expect people to get mad at you. It's a very inconsiderate thing to do.

I agree with this statement. Read up new players!
  • reagenlionel1reagenlionel1 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    the baseline I see that should be reasonable for anyone pvping is 9k.
  • hamletswordshamletswords Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 1,320 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    But my spot on the leaderboard! NOOOOOOOOOOOO
    My Harem: Dawn HR, Erin CW, Piper TR, Zoe GWF
  • mfgamesysmfgamesys Member Posts: 462 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Gear score is our measuring of each other but it doesn't measure skill which if you have you can pvp with certain classes.I have played a gf for most of the time on neverwinter and can say that you can have a low gs but if you allocate yourself with the right gear for your class (blue lvl 60 items have a variance so you need to pick wisely) pvp is playable. But I find when someone is half my gs in pvp and no boons I feel there should be a warning message for players that they may not enjoy the experience and recommend starting sharandar and dread ring to get easy bonus stats after a few days. Also if you get the campaign celestial chest to speed along your campaigns (dread ring choice is better imo) before you hit 60 you have yourself 1 boon. I just feel there is too little information for a new 60 as so many things get thrown at them and there should be a lvl 60 tutorial to help players out new to the game.
    Main-Lothor Syralth Guardian Fighter
  • lizshirakolizshirako Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 32 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    magenubbie wrote: »
    Bah. The elitist attitude in this thread makes me sick. It's your game. If you just got to lvl 60 and you want to try out new things that's perfectly alright, no matter what your gearscore is (as long as you qualify of course). Limiting PvP to any gearscore is nothing short of arrogance saying "I want a decent challenge from you if you enter the instance I happen to be in. If you can't make me work to kill you don't enter." Sickening.
    People have to start somewhere. Not everybody buys 5k zen when he hits 60 and equips himself with the best gear he can find. Even assuming people should is arrogance to the max. And the PvP people wonder why PvE people can't stand their attitude.

...actually I'm a bit surprised by THIS attitude. Until recently I've only bought zen very occasionally for respecs or the like. I certainly didn't 'buy 5k zen' just to equip myself, but I was 10.6k as a casual, non-dungeon-grinding player before I went into level 60 PvP. I scrimped and saved to get the basic PvP purple gear set, bought a few more supporting pieces (PvP rings, etc) to go with it, and THEN I hopped into Domination. I got killed a bit as I figured out how to integrate myself into various types of teams, and I'm sure there's still more for me to learn.

I certainly didn't drop $50 to gear up, nor would I expect anyone else to. I WOULD expect them to go shopping for some level 60 blues before hopping in, and of course updating to the most cost-effective main-hand weapon they can find. If you have half-a-set of PvP gear and a few PvP blues with a decent weapon/offhand, I'm perfectly willing to help carry people a bit. They're obviously working on it, and I'm fine with that...things won't always be perfect, and at least that person is trying.

The guy wearing level 50-odd greens, including his weapon? THOSE people aren't trying (in my opinion), and I'm not feeling like it is my responsibility to lug him to a domination victory just because he's there during the Arena PvP timeslot. In fact, when their gear is too low, it's unlikely that our team WILL win, because as was mentioned, 4v5 is a problem, and we would in effect be operating as that.

So...I guess 'yes', in that respect I am 'eliteist'. I require effort on the part of my teammates. Accidents happen, noobish mistakes happen, and people need to take time to gear up to really get SOLID in Domination (as in, 16k GS takes time to manage! I haven't even broken 12k yet! Soon, soon...), but yes, I'm afraid I do demand reasonable effort from people. If they can't make me work to kill them because they haven't upgraded from their soloing-mid-50's-greens kit, no, they really shouldn't enter.

It *is* their game, and I do hope they have fun, and I'll HELP them have fun...but it's also *MY* game, and if they're not trying, there is no moral imperative that can make me say, 'Oh, darn, well you showed up; I guess that's good enough to make us carry you to victory!"

And for those who are curious, I'm not on any leaderboard (that I know of), nor am I a well-known raider...I'm an RP'er who solo's much of the time. So...yes, you have an RP'er arguing in a PVP thread that people DO need to put in their share of effort. If THAT makes you sick...I'm sorry to hear that!

-liz
  • hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lemonchill wrote: »
    made a new character reached lvl 60 a few days ago.
    8k gs went pvp
    while we in the game i get a msg from 1 of my teammates:"why u come here with such low gs"?
    i have the right to play pvp just as any other "god mode 14k gs"!
    i do my best to try to help party, besides everybody started from low gs so now we low gs guys cant pvp???

u want high gs go q with your guild or make a pvp party
    if u q u pug and thats what u get!!!!

i am with you.This is a free game and you have every right to go and play as you see fit.
    I had a similar experience today with one team8 Tr verbally attacking our 8k gs DC.It was very unfair for our dc.
    Our dc was trying the most and besides he was very polite greeting anyone in the beggining of the match:that;s rare.
    And thre was really no hope:the enemy team was a guild famous trolls premade with 2 Trs 2 GWFs 1 HR.there was not hope anyway :P
    So these things don't happen only to you.
    Just ignore him.

In the coming time although you may want to gear up.Use your daily rough astral diamonds ,refine them and buy cheap blue rings,necklaces.
    Buy radiant 5 enchantements.if you do not have the money just buy 99 lesser marks of potency for 9k from ah.
    Go to blight grove and kill powries.And participate in quicksling contests.Begin at after 15 minutes of every hour.then use your lesser marks to refine and upgrade a tone of rank5s.
    The extra rank5s sell them to AH.
    To aquire gear join nw_legit_community chanell.in dd time ask for a party for a t1 run and are always available players to form a competent party.We do not care about gs.

Don't leave pvp and do not take insults seriously :P

good luck! :)
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Wow, some replies really suprise me, I started doing pvp at lv 60 too, I went to the Ah and got lv 60 blues and got a GS of around 9.x k I started doing matches to get enough glory for the pvp T1 set, and even after having the complete t1 set, some better weapons, 1 artifact all the boons and lv 5 enchants, I'm still barely around 11k gs
    Of course I got my butt handed to me often, but not always, and I did kill some people and I learned to be better.
    I'm in no way an expert in pvp, but if I had waited to get AD to just buy the t1 set instead of farming glory I would be much less trained for it.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • overddriveoverddrive Member Posts: 722 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    A hot topic. I don't even look at my team mates gs unless they doing something stupid. If at the start of the match I say, "all to mid but one" and everyone but me goes to home node and I die on mid vs the entire other team, and respawn, go back to mid which is still all red and all the ranged classes are off node shooting into it while the tanks are in meaningless skirmishes off node somewhere...thats when I check gs. And when I see low gs I explode.

I think at one time on here I said I try not to yell at people on here. Now, in the above situation, I yell alot. I want to make it suck so bad for them that they fear going into pvp if they can't play pvp. If we all made it suck for them in this way, odds are they stop coming. Or they improve.

That being said, just last night I started to go off on my team and one of them said, "we are doing the best we can they are just killing us"..I laid off. I offered some tips and they did as I asked after that and it went from what would be a 1k to 100 loss to a 1k to like 870 loss. I told them if they did what I asked from the begining we woulda won.

Someone who is actually playing smart/following direction, I can deal with the low gs. There are some really really good 8k (effective, not bloated) GS players out there who will straight out say they are not fortunate enough to buy weapon enchants and all that. I try to help them out with that stuff.

But people who feel like, "I dont care if I suck and lose and I ruin the fun of my team, I just going to enter pvp anyways because its a game and I can do what I want"...all I can say is the same applies to everyone else- you got the right to enter pvp any time you want and not care about winning and I got the right to do my best to make it suck for you.
    PanzerJäger HR Hybrid
    Jugger Conq GF
  • vristvrist Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 50
    edited May 2014
    Typical easymode mentality, its just as obvious in PVE, people are leaving groups if more than one person at even 13k gs. These days. So what if someone is lacking a bit? Pick up the slack yourselves with all that awesome gs, and experience, Welcome the challenge.