test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any word on how long the foundry will be down for?

13»

Comments

• klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Zen store product placement is the way to leverage the foundry to generate more revenue. Movies and television figured that out decades ago. Cryptic/PWE is just apparently slow in the marketing department.

Actually, that's a pretty good idea.

It will generate indirect revenue for PWE, which will encourage PWE to work towards encouraging people to take up authoring and use the foundry, by improving the foundry.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Foundry down FOUR days.
    (Well, really SIX since devs have all gone home for weekend and Foundry authors will have now lost entire weekend.)

I think we've now beaten the Module 1 release Foundry downtime.
  • shandizarshandizar Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Indeed, we have... I am able to access all of my campaigns/quests in the game so at least people can play my campaigns. Still don't have the editor, though :(. It probably won't be fixed until Tuesdays sweep depressing, I know :(.
    5734556npsTK.png
    "...projects are never finished, only abandoned....."
    HellsHot is a proud member of Scribes' Enclave.
    1. The Haronomous Saga NWS-DJIKP5IWK a four part, story driven, campaign.
    2. The Ruins of Xylon NWS-DC76ORA4I a two part, dungeon crawl.
    3. Armor Odyssey NWS-DAUPTR46M a three part, story driven, odyssey.
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    Foundry down FOUR days.
    (Well, really SIX since devs have all gone home for weekend and Foundry authors will have now lost entire weekend.)

I think we've now beaten the Module 1 release Foundry downtime.

It will be brought back up next month. :P
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    The Cragsteep Crypt - BETA
    Ravenloft
    Look for@Apocrs1980 or visit the main page here or Ravenloft here
  • orangefireeorangefiree Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,148 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Uh, they said nothing about connecting the zen market to the foundry. That was a player's idea. Also, this downtime only happens with modules which we get like 3 or so per year of.
    Neverwinter players are stubborn things....until you strip them down to bone. (Cursed players, my flowers, MINE!) Oh how I plotted their demise.
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    And now they're talking about connecting the Foundry system with the overpriced Zen market? If that's true,

NO, that is absolutely NOT true. It was a "request" that *I* posted to place Zen story items into their foundry quests. Similar to "product placement" on television/movies. Read the actual Zen product placement request.

Cryptic/PWE could then provide a "more information" button on the review dialog window.
    ... or a "show me a list of Zen items used and their prices that I can then click on to take me to that item in the Zen store for details, or to purchase" button.

NOT connecting Zen store to Foundry. As I and others have mentioned, that would very likely completely kill the Foundry.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Whether people believe it is an "untapped source of revenue" for PWE/Cryptic, it has never been their business model to paygate any sort of content in any of their games behind paid DLC. All content that PWE provides is, and will always be, 100% free. Haven't seen it in STO and it's had Foundry content available for a LOT longer than Neverwinter has.

Furthermore, I think WotC may or may not have something to say about that.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • zeroxaazeroxaa Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2014
    Hello I been working on my foundry for about two weeks now. and when that update it came out it has mess foundry.
    I been checking everyday to make sure foundry is back, but it still down when will foundry will be back up again?
  • apocrs1980apocrs1980 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users, Silverstars Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    That's the big question that no one can seem to answer.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
    edited May 2014
    No one knows for sure but we all know Foundry isn't exactly on the priority list, right?

The developers supposedly found some bugs with the Foundry and are fixing it, but there's probably not many working on it.

Afterall, there are also many other bugs with the main game they will prioritise fixing.
    edited May 2014
    thank for you all info
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Hmm, while we're on topic of fixing bugs and adding stuff, anyone knows if the costume creator stayed the same or do we have to use the 'plastic face' models they forced on us?
  • essentiessenti Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 303 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The foundry still works on the test server, I haven't tried the costume creator though.
    Campaign - Trail of the Imaskarcana (NWS-DMFG77QOF)
    • A Mere Expedition! (NW-DIAAPG3S4)
    • Work In Progress on Part 2
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Sooo.... I use foundry editor to have an 'insight' on the details of the costume of separate characters.

In this manner my little elvish project is hurt by editor's unavailability as much as by my currently dead scanner T_T

I trully am together with eldarth, klkcahboy90 and all other of you dear foundry peeps which I still did not had luck to talk with yet. We can only hope it ends soon and we get our PRRREEEEEEEECIIOUUUSSSSSSSSSSSS... ehem...soon enough.

Sad about foundry editor ;down; ~Angry Neko Elf
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
    edited May 2014
    eskarine wrote: »
    Hmm, while we're on topic of fixing bugs and adding stuff, anyone knows if the costume creator stayed the same or do we have to use the 'plastic face' models they forced on us?

They already changed all the faces to the plastic looking ones. I noticed all of my characters in my foundries look different now
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Ravenloft
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    apocrs1980 wrote: »

They already changed all the faces to the plastic looking ones. I noticed all of my characters in my foundries look different now

...Awesome.

But I played through some of my own quest and I don't see any/much difference?

So I'm guessing all the pre-module 3 quests will keep their faces and the new ones will get the plastic ones? That puts a serious dent in my campaign, since I have characters that appear in both quests :x

Ah well, I guess the first thing I will do when editor goes back up is to see how much damage was done to my models :/
  • moonchipzmoonchipz Member Posts: 96
    edited May 2014
    What is this about "plastic faces"? I'm looking at the preview shard right now and I'm not noticing any differences...
  • lysendroslysendros Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 8 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Guys...There's a Foundry update in about two days. From past experience, what they try to do is bring the Foundry up on a day where they do a Foundry update, so my guess is that it'll be up in two days...

Don't take my word for it, though; I don't have any insight into how Cryptic/PWE works...
  • dandare#8529 dandare Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 337 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lysendros wrote: »
    Guys...There's a Foundry update in about two days. From past experience, what they try to do is bring the Foundry up on a day where they do a Foundry update, so my guess is that it'll be up in two days...

Don't take my word for it, though; I don't have any insight into how Cryptic/PWE works...

Though, it still might be good guess in this often panicked world good sir :D. Let us hope
    "You stand as inspiration. You are practically the Avatar of Buttkicking." -Quote towards Minsc
    "I choose You Jymaru!" ~for there are times when more than words need to do the talk
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    lysendros wrote: »

No problem. I can wait another two days for it to maybe be back up.
    Really, I can. I... can... AARGH! MUST HAVE EDITOR BACK!
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    Well, if you're right about 2 days, then at least that's a date to focus on, instead of nebulous wondering.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • moonchipzmoonchipz Member Posts: 96
    edited May 2014
    That Foundry update isn't a patch. Its just changes/additions to the list of Spotlight quests.
  • itsclockworksitsclockworks Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    they're just putting up new spotlights that's nothing new. They do it every Tuesday.
    edited May 2014
    I have same Problem the foundry still down for me! Dam!! :*( I got hooked on foundry then boom its disable!! why!!! lol jk please fix it fast
    edited May 2014
    I think what lysendros meant is that in the past modules, the foundry is brought back up usually on a day when there is "Foundry Update" on the calendar which is Wednesday.

The featured foundries so far have been updated every Tuesday fortnightly.

I don't know of any updates that happen every week, even though the calendar may show "Foundry Update" as weekly on Wednesdays.

I think there is a foundry screenshot thing. Maybe that's updated weekly.

By right, there's a spotlight (video made on a selected foundry) too but that's still inactive if I'm not wrong.
  • mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I suspect nothing will happen until at least the weekly patch/server restart on Thursday.

/Toolset I use is not broken, gets new assets on a regular basis.
    // just added dust and sand elementals, death giants, another gibbering mouther, and bariaurs (Yay Planescape!)
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • nickybarlow1nickybarlow1 Member Posts: 18 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My foundry is up now.
    edited May 2014
    Foundry is up now.
  • shandizarshandizar Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Indeed it is! yay :)
    5734556npsTK.png
    "...projects are never finished, only abandoned....."
    HellsHot is a proud member of Scribes' Enclave.
    1. The Haronomous Saga NWS-DJIKP5IWK a four part, story driven, campaign.
    2. The Ruins of Xylon NWS-DC76ORA4I a two part, dungeon crawl.
    3. Armor Odyssey NWS-DAUPTR46M a three part, story driven, odyssey.