test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Any word on how long the foundry will be down for?

Comments

• heroic2002heroic2002 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    My published quest isn't even showing up.
  • zeroxaazeroxaa Member Posts: 0
    edited May 2014
    Oh... I was about to finish my foundry quest then Boom! dam this patch sucks!
  • riotact007riotact007 Member, Neverwinter Beta Users Posts: 13 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Still down for me :(
  • sylvialynnsylvialynn Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I'm starting to see some unfeatured quests and two of mine now show up.
  • akromatikakromatik Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    Soo....
    dwightmc wrote: »
    Foundry Issues - We are currently aware that some players are having issues accessing the Foundry Editor and some Foundry maps. We are looking into this issue and are working to resolve it as soon as possible.

We're working on a fix guys. I know it's rough, but hang in there!
  • eldartheldarth Member Posts: 4,494 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    akromatik wrote: »
    Is the Foundry Editor down for folks still? I was able to access it without difficulty...lemme know if this is still an issue!

YES. Still down for me. ....must....edit....foundries....must..have...my....precioussssssss! :p
  • bardaaronbardaaron Member Posts: 545 Bounty Hunter
    edited May 2014
    The editor is still down for me, but I can at least play some foundry quests. For review didn't seem to be up yet, but the ones in "Featured" and "Best" seem to be up. I am working on my first quest build, and I want to edit! It is getting good, and the quest has kind of hijacked my brain.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • eskarineeskarine Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Quest catalogue is up for me, but still no editor *sigh*

Weirdly enough, the downtimes always happen on my work-free days :P
    edited May 2014
    eskarine wrote: »
    Weirdly enough, the downtimes always happen on my work-free days :P

Yep. I used to actually take a few vacation days after a module release -- got burned both times, shame on me.
    Never again.
    edited May 2014
    Is the Foundry Editor down for folks still? I was able to access it without difficulty...lemme know if this is still an issue!

Still down for me mate
  • itsclockworksitsclockworks Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    eldarth wrote: »
    YES. Still down for me. ....must....edit....foundries....must..have...my....precioussssssss! :p

I literally feel like this... right now... :p
    edited May 2014
    Yep, still down. THREE days ...and counting.
    ...and no word on what is the actual problem. At least Module 1 and Module 2 we got that information.

Maybe we're going for a new record?
    Anyone remember how many days the Foundry was down the previous module releases?
    edited May 2014
    ...and no word on what is the actual problem. At least Module 1 and Module 2 we got that information.
    If they don't even know what it is, that's not a good sign for getting it fixed quickly. I am getting antsy for the Foundry Editor, and all this downtime is forcing me to be a productive member of society! CURSES! :p
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • imaginaerum1imaginaerum1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 378 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Still down for me as well.
    Guess I'll go watch a movie.

*sigh*

-- @Gruffydd
  • capnchefcapnchef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I've been away from the game and foundry for over 3 months now because my wife was diagnosed with brain cancer and I haven't had time for games with all the hospital stays and surgery. Now that she's on radiation and chemo, I finally have game time again, just in time for the new expansion. I was so excited to get back to work on my 4th quest... but this foundry lockout really sucks. Making the most of it by finally playing through the Sharandar content, but still. I need my foundry time, lol! I hope they get this fixed soon. I'm ready to rejoin the legion of foundry builders and artisans.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Campaign: The Creekside Chronicles NWS-DR2NAKVRN
    Part 1: The Lost Children NW-DU2N4I5YN / Part 2 Evil In The Mines: NW-DNHIJFGAT
    Part 3: No One Lives Forever NW-DHIOTYRQ3 / Part 4 Home Away From Home: NW-DSBY79LGB
  • shandizarshandizar Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    Down for me as well:(, last time it was out for 5 days (for me anyway) I can see my quests coming back in the game (I have 10) but not all of them yet. The last time, the editor was back online at the same time as the last few quests of mine appeared in the game. If the pattern is the same, the editor should be back in a day or so. (Fingers crossed)
    5734556npsTK.png
    "...projects are never finished, only abandoned....."
    HellsHot is a proud member of Scribes' Enclave.
    1. The Haronomous Saga NWS-DJIKP5IWK a four part, story driven, campaign.
    2. The Ruins of Xylon NWS-DC76ORA4I a two part, dungeon crawl.
    3. Armor Odyssey NWS-DAUPTR46M a three part, story driven, odyssey.
    edited May 2014
    capnchef wrote: »
    I've been away from the game and foundry for over 3 months now because my wife was diagnosed with brain cancer and I haven't had time for games with all the hospital stays and surgery. Now that she's on radiation and chemo, I finally have game time again, just in time for the new expansion. I was so excited to get back to work on my 4th quest... but this foundry lockout really sucks. Making the most of it by finally playing through the Sharandar content, but still. I need my foundry time, lol! I hope they get this fixed soon. I'm ready to rejoin the legion of foundry builders and artisans.

Hope everything is ok! my good mate had same thing happen to him and he was told 99% he wouldn't be alive in 2 years. that was 15 years ago and he's still around, amazing what they can do.
  • emeraldfox12emeraldfox12 Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    The foundry was working for me last night but I lost connection with the server for almost a minite when it was loading up another area to travel to
    edited May 2014

Maybe we're going for a new record?
    Anyone remember how many days the Foundry was down the previous module releases?

Wasn't there this episode somewhere before module 1 where we lost the editor at Saturday, we got it back for the next weekend and then lost it again week later? I don't remember the exact numbers, but there were like 2 (3?) weeks of downtime that month? And absolutely no feedback from the devs about what was happening?

While I am anxious to get back to work just as much as any other author, I think couple of days without foundry right after module update were to be expected. Let's face it, we had the same thing going on with Feywild and Shadowmantle. Things get screwed up with module releases, it's only logical they are going to focus on the main content first (they can't have noobs rage-quitting because of bugs) and fixing stuff, until they can tackle the foundry.
  • itsclockworksitsclockworks Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    riotact007 wrote: »
    Hope everything is ok! my good mate had same thing happen to him and he was told 99% he wouldn't be alive in 2 years. that was 15 years ago and he's still around, amazing what they can do.

Congratz man I'm glad he's making it through. I like seeing amazing stuff like this happen it tells you we don't know a lot about our world but I hope he lives his full life out... ;)
  • capnchefcapnchef Member Posts: 0 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    riotact007 wrote: »

Thanks! I'm glad to hear he's still going, it's good to hear success stories like that, especially since if you go looking for stuff like that on the internet, overwhelmingly all you find are the negative stories. All I can do is hope that things turn out like that for her as well.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Campaign: The Creekside Chronicles NWS-DR2NAKVRN
    Part 1: The Lost Children NW-DU2N4I5YN / Part 2 Evil In The Mines: NW-DNHIJFGAT
    Part 3: No One Lives Forever NW-DHIOTYRQ3 / Part 4 Home Away From Home: NW-DSBY79LGB
    edited May 2014
    Things get screwed up with module releases, it's only logical they are going to focus on the main content first (they can't have noobs rage-quitting because of bugs) and fixing stuff, until they can tackle the foundry.

...and yet, aren't we told time and again that there are separate development teams focused on different elements? -- like the new companion team, the gateway team, the foundry team...er "developer" that is.
    edited May 2014
    ...and yet, aren't we told time and again that there are separate development teams focused on different elements? -- like the new companion team, the gateway team, the foundry team...er "developer" that is.

Yeah, I know. The way I see it though, foundry dev team doesn't actually have a lot to say, as it's secondary system to the main game. Meaning, the foundry is not popular = it doesn't get attention from the higher-ups = it's harder to get stuff done. Especially when the new module is released and we have patches for other patches and emergency maintenance downtime nearly every day. Of course the main content is going to get the attention first - it's the stuff that actually brings in money. From a business point of view, it's only logical.

I would just like to point out though, that the devs should get cracking soon.
    edited May 2014
    Is there any intrinsic reason why the company COULDN'T use the foundry to make money? Have buyable upgrades, or features and so forth. Extra content to pay for. Maybe the ability to add in a vendor, or better loot, for real world cash? I'd be totally against having to pay to use standard foundry content, but it stands to reason that if you can pay real world money to get cooler things in the game, it would be logical to allow "DMs" to pay real world money to get cooler things in the Foundry.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited May 2014
    bardaaron wrote: »
    Is there any intrinsic reason why the company COULDN'T use the foundry to make money? Have buyable upgrades, or features and so forth. Extra content to pay for. Maybe the ability to add in a vendor, or better loot, for real world cash? I'd be totally against having to pay to use standard foundry content, but it stands to reason that if you can pay real world money to get cooler things in the game, it would be logical to allow "DMs" to pay real world money to get cooler things in the Foundry.

JFC, no. Just NO. Not only we make stuff for free and have no benefit from it (and don't tell me about tips, those don't even count as income) apart from a companion and mount (and you have to work your butt off for those without guarantee you'll get them). And now you think it's a good idea to charge authors for things that should be implemented months ago like vendors or better loot? I swear to god, the first mention of paid foundry content I get, I am uninstalling the client :/
  • duurduur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited May 2014

earlier today the foundry editor was still down, and my published foundry isn't showing up in any searches since the update
    Play for fun, Work to get rich, These two are not compatible!
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    bardaaron wrote: »

This could potentially lead to the problem of "only authors who buy the DLC stuff get plays".

It's essentially "You want to be able to make better maps with better rewards and potentially (actually, almost guaranteed if you can give better rewards) get more plays? Pay cash".

Currently, getting plays without being featured is already extremely tough. This could make matters worse.

It is definitely an untapped revenue source for PWE but it will likely have severe negative impact on the foundry community if implemented.
  • reiwulfreiwulf Member Posts: 2,687 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    I need my foundry creation shot NAO! I hope it will be up soon... with module 2 I think it was down for quite some time. let's hope this time it'll be faster.
    2e2qwj6.jpg
  • klkcahboy90klkcahboy90 Member Posts: 340 Arc User
    edited May 2014
    duur wrote: »
    earlier today the foundry editor was still down, and my published foundry isn't showing up in any searches since the update

From what I observed, if you had put it under a campaign, it will not show.
    edited May 2014
    JFC, no. Just NO. Not only we make stuff for free and have no benefit from it (and don't tell me about tips, those don't even count as income) apart from a companion and mount (and you have to work your butt off for those without guarantee you'll get them). And now you think it's a good idea to charge authors for things that should be implemented months ago like vendors or better loot? I swear to god, the first mention of paid foundry content I get, I am uninstalling the client :/

Sooooooooooooo much this. Monetizing the work of free content creation would drive a dozen railroad spikes in the foundry coffin.

Zen store product placement is the way to leverage the foundry to generate more revenue. Movies and television figured that out decades ago. Cryptic/PWE is just apparently slow in the marketing department.